The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tatsu... why is it so ......average?

Twistedsparkle

I mean it gets the job done and its okay but for a 2H nikana you would expect so much moar oomph
I kinda dont understand that its crit is so so pathetic and the status and base damage arent exacly amazing either
also this weapon is slooow especially coz you cant get berserker to work properly

I aint gonna say nothing bout that passive other than.... well it might as well not be there atm

I also am bit disappointed with the stance wise razor
its bit clunky and why do we still have block combos when we dont have block anymore? 😄 
I hope the new streamlined combo system will fix that which I do hope is not very far away... maybe?

in anycase this weapon needs a big fat BUFF in my opinion

• Like 4

my first tought was "wait, what about this is tied into melee 3.0 so much it had to be delayed?". I mean... one of the comboes uses the block button! you know, the think that in 99% of the cases pulls out your shooty gun...

I don't know what is happening here. what am I missing?

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

my first tought was "wait, what about this is tied into melee 3.0 so much it had to be delayed?". I mean... one of the comboes uses the block button! you know, the think that in 99% of the cases pulls out your shooty gun...

It's not that anything about it was actually tied up into melee 3.0, it was just that they didn't want to bother making a stance set for it with the current system and then immediately needing to replace its implementation with a new one in the 3.0 style. They were perhaps unduly optimistic about how quickly 3.0 was actually going to come out, and just finally gave up and made a 2.0 stance for it anyhow.

Edited by OvisCaedo

2 hours ago, Rawbeard said:

The delayed it because 1 of M3.0 phases is going to change how combos work. So releasing a weapon with a new stance only to then change that new stances code later didn’t seem practical. IDK why they released it now with the combos still being relatively the same.

8 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

The delayed it because 1 of M3.0 phases is going to change how combos work. So releasing a weapon with a new stance only to then change that new stances code later didn’t seem practical. IDK why they released it now with the combos still being relatively the same.

They used the Tatsu as a metaphorical hostage to keep us hyped about melee 2.9. Unfortunately, DE didn’t need to do that to make the changes they wanted to do for both gunplay and melee if this was the result.

Edited by (PS4)Lei-Lei_23

12 hours ago, Rawbeard said:

RMB combo has become shoot->RMB combo.

(RMB(HOLD)->LMB->EEE)

BLAM with a shotty, then proceed to melee the mofo. It works really well with Bullet Dance + Redeemer.

It's fine for what it is - an MR7, first-of-it's-class weapon. Most weapon classes don't start out that awesome, remember. Its passive needs a buff because right now it might as well not exist, but that's all.

Hoping that new weapons for the stance can be made, or even have some weapons be able to take stances from multiple stance pools (like Paracesis or Skiajati being usable as 2-handed Nikana - they both have the size and handles for it).

Edit: With a bit of range and a decent build it actually rocks at dealing with large clumps of weaker enemies, and if you do need to burst something down, the new melee system lets you bring Tigris Prime or something for it. So, actually, it's not that bad if you play to its strengths and cover its weaknesses, whilst letting it do the same.

Edited by Loza03
  • Like 2

If they made all charge attacks shoot a sword beam, much like the Caustacyst, the weapon may actually be worth using other than for coolness and fashion.

Why even the silly charge attack when the one from the Caustacyst is obviously better.

On 2019-03-10 at 7:02 PM, Rawbeard said:

You and me both buddy. 

• Like 1

Honestly after playing the last hour or so with this weapon it's really below par. Between the Stats and the Stance something feels off. Maybe Tempo Royale is just that good but Wise Razor is clunky and slow as hell. As the first weapon of its kind maybe I was expecting too much. The weapon looks awesome and I sincerely hope they add a new Stance or really streamline the combos and animations or let us use Tempo Royale lol. 

8 hours ago, Datam4ss said:

If they made all charge attacks shoot a sword beam, much like the Caustacyst, the weapon may actually be worth using other than for coolness and fashion.

Why even the silly charge attack when the one from the Caustacyst is obviously better.

Another thought - there's two animations right? One a strong upper slash and the other a series of roundhouse cuts. Upper slash it makes sense to fire a projectile, but not so much the spin attack.

So how about letting you pick which special you want by which charge attack? Sword beam that deals great damage and penetrates and a wide-sweeping, if weaker, AoE attack consisting of multiple smaller beam attacks. This is evidently trying to appeal to anime fans after all, so might as well go the whole hog.

Visual aides:

Spoiler

This:

vs this:

Obviously not quite as over the top as these two, but they show what I mean pretty well.

Of course, it'd need a more significant resource for anti-spam reasons. Probably something more akin to Arca Titron's. Maybe you need like 10-15 kills in the right time period to get the charge needed to pull one off?

• 4 weeks later...
On 2019-03-12 at 1:29 PM, Loza03 said:

Another thought - there's two animations right? One a strong upper slash and the other a series of roundhouse cuts. Upper slash it makes sense to fire a projectile, but not so much the spin attack.

So how about letting you pick which special you want by which charge attack? Sword beam that deals great damage and penetrates and a wide-sweeping, if weaker, AoE attack consisting of multiple smaller beam attacks. This is evidently trying to appeal to anime fans after all, so might as well go the whole hog.

Visual aides:

Hide contents

This:

vs this:

Obviously not quite as over the top as these two, but they show what I mean pretty well.

Of course, it'd need a more significant resource for anti-spam reasons. Probably something more akin to Arca Titron's. Maybe you need like 10-15 kills in the right time period to get the charge needed to pull one off?

As someone who loves throwing beams with swords I would love this hahaha. 

1 minute ago, SnakeEater628 said:

As someone who loves throwing beams with swords I would love this hahaha. 

Indeed. At least we got skull + spine projectiles which I suppose are alright. I just wish it was easier to target them, especially as they aren't that bad at dealing damage if they all hit the same enemy - probably thanks to CO.

If they hit the same enemy.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TenchuTheWolf said:

Wise Razor has pretty insane damage bonuses and forced procs.

Kinda makes up for the poor crit IMO.

Do you really need to crit when almost every attack is doing at least double damage by default?

Yeah I don't understand the hate for disappointment in this weapon. It wrecks shop with viral damage and a hybrid build.

Sure, it takes a few forma to get there, but there aren't many weapons you can pull out of the foundry and go to sorties with.

As others have said, it's perfectly suited for an MR7 first-in-its-class weapon.
I expect Tatsu Prime, when it eventually rolls around, will be fairly terrifying.

Edited by auxy