Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please DE Add Riven Capacity!

(PSN)Toolriz

With so many weapons and now different rivens can you please allow more then 90 slots for the people who want them. It is a pain trying to sell rivens just to play the daily sortie. Sure u can dissolve them however part of the fun for me in this game is having them and playing with new rivens on a weapon. Seems like every few days I have to make a decision to get rid of a riven I really do not want to toss. Please expand this soon and release this headache. It's more plat consumed for you guys so why not.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Toolriz said:

so why not.

Simple answer? Because the don't want to.

Let's be real here: You don't need to be a genius for this idea.
DE knows about the limit and decided to keep it as it is. They want it this way.
Now let me ask you: Do you think they will change their decision for now, just because you asked for it?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, (PS4)death404 said:

We don't need to spend our time playing Warframe either, we want to.

I don't need 90 rivens but I am always pushing capacity and, like OP, have to constantly decide what to keep or toss.

DE already explained the riven limit is due to available data space. Until / unless they decide to upgrade, I don't see the limit changing.

So you may as well ask for unlimited kuva to reroll your rivens with.

Edited by FlusteredFerret
  • Like 2

Even if they raised the limit, how many slots are enough? Because they take significant amounts of server space, and I don't see DE stopping to release gear anytime soon. How much time until, after raising the slot count, until weaker net/system players are going to complain about the game not running properly and make another uproar to lower the riven numbers?

Community asks for more because they absolutely have to collect them all. DE ups the limit to 150. Community immediately asks for more because they absolutely have to collect them all. DE ups the limit to 300. Repeat until you hit DB storage sizes that aren't technically possible.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, FlusteredFerret said:

DE already explained the riven limit is due to available data space. Until / unless they decide to upgrade, I don't see the limit changing.

So you may as well ask for unlimited kuva to reroll your rivens with.

I'll be honest with you, I doubt DEs stated reason for not allowing more space for rivens. I think it has more to do with keeping the pool smaller but that's a hunch.

Regardless, I can see it happening one day and until then no harm in posting my opinion whenever the topic comes up. I definitely see extra riven capacity happening before unlimited kuva.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, (PS4)death404 said:

I'll be honest with you, I doubt DEs stated reason for not allowing more space for rivens. I think it has more to do with keeping the pool smaller but that's a hunch.

Regardless, I can see it happening one day and until then no harm in posting my opinion whenever the topic comes up. I definitely see extra riven capacity happening before unlimited kuva.

Well if you choose not to believe what DE tell us, there's not a lot to be said.

They've given their reasons and until they decide to change their minds, you're basically spitting in the wind.

Also, if you actually want DE to pay attention to your requests, you'd be better off posting in Feedback, since they don't read this section of the forum (seems I'm writing this in nearly every other post I make lately).

19 minutes ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

Come on, let OP be, they are just anticipating an avalanche of similar threads coming in and being merged with this one. It's okay to be confident.

Nope, he shouldn't use that tag. That tag is for DE to use if they decide to make a megathread out of this topic.

As for the avalanche of similar threads, won't happen, with a simple search OP could have found other topics asking exactly the same.

5 minutes ago, TheRealShade said:

Nope, he shouldn't use that tag. That tag is for DE to use if they decide to make a megathread out of this topic.

As for the avalanche of similar threads, won't happen, with a simple search OP could have found other topics asking exactly the same.

Hey, I was just trying to make a joke...

I know what the Megathread tag is for, a lot of users do, new ones doesn't. And they'll keep repeating this mistake, for the sole reason it's usable by anyone posting. It shouldn't be. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Well if you choose not to believe what DE tell us, there's not a lot to be said.

They've given their reasons and until they decide to change their minds, you're basically spitting in the wind.

Also, if you actually want DE to pay attention to your requests, you'd be better off posting in Feedback, since they don't read this section of the forum (seems I'm writing this in nearly every other post I make lately).

I'm not OP, I think you were replying to the wrong person. 😉

I'm just a Tenno who loves collecting rivens. 90 sounds like a lot but it's not really. If I like a weapon and plan on using it I want a riven for it. If I love a weapon and use it often I want two for different builds.

Also I don't necessarily think DE is lying it's just an easy reason to keep the cap at 90 without leaving players any room to argue. 

I think DE is fibbing on this one. I made databases for a manufacturing facility for 20 years. They can get pretty large plus no one just has one database. I had over 20 and a front end could easily grab data from all of them. I fail to see how increasing riven storage will have a dramatic effect on the size of the database it's going into. 

Edited by Lythandra

11 minutes ago, Kebast said:

If DE didn't want us to use it, it shouldn't be an option. 

DE uses forum software from Invision Community.
They would have to change the software so that only DE can use the tags.
Or people just don't use tags whenever they feel like.

16 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

They would have to change the software so that only DE can use the tags.

Yep, proper forum management. I find it beyond silly that they just expect everyone to know not to use particular tags. 

Just now, Kebast said:

Yep, proper forum management.

Just tell this to Invision Community...

1 minute ago, Kebast said:

I find it beyond silly that they just expect everyone to know not to use particular tags. 

That's why people told the OP that.
If he still refuses to take the tag down... you know...

1 hour ago, Lythandra said:

I think DE is fibbing on this one. I made databases for a manufacturing facility for 20 years. They can get pretty large plus no one just has one database. I had over 20 and a front end could easily grab data from all of them. I fail to see how increasing riven storage will have a dramatic effect on the size of the database it's going into. 

You don't think your experience in one area of DB management might not be totally applicable to another, completely different area?

Did your DBs have millions of hits that weren't factored into the system being created? Did your budget take into consideration clients that hadn't paid anything to use the DBs?

Ignoring the DB that neither of us have seen nor have any direct access to, where does it stop? They increase the limit, the limit is hit, this thread pops up again. The people hoarding Rivens are not using them, they are waiting for them to be worth something to someone else.

This is not something DE is interested in encouraging.

the idea with Rivens was to just have ones for the weapons you cared about, not to include them into min-max builds. you can do that if you want, but there has to a be a limit somewhere, and only having limited slots means you have to think a bit more carefully. I'm convinced DE actually cannot physically increase the slot cap any further, because even though they make a LOT  of money from the Riven Market and people buying Riven Slots, they still haven't even murmured anything about getting more slots. so I'm not sure it can be done, and 90 is the best you're gonna get.

plus it wouldn't be a good idea to be able to purchase Infinite slots, because you know somebody would buy like 1000 slots at once, and there's already enough being spent on Rivens as it is. remember the Kubrow colour change thing they removed? yeah...

6 hours ago, TheRealShade said:

Oh wow, Im happy im not on pc. This guy is a game killer. Mua

S

3 hours ago, peterc3 said:

You don't think your experience in one area of DB management might not be totally applicable to another, completely different area?

Did your DBs have millions of hits that weren't factored into the system being created? Did your budget take into consideration clients that hadn't paid anything to use the DBs?

Ignoring the DB that neither of us have seen nor have any direct access to, where does it stop? They increase the limit, the limit is hit, this thread pops up again. The people hoarding Rivens are not using them, they are waiting for them to be worth something to someone else.

This is not something DE is interested in encouraging.

Well, just making same amount of slot as all weapons? at least people can collect all rivens in this way...