Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[DE]Bear

Nightwave + alerts removal feedback

Precisely because there are 64 pages to dig through, I'm sure as hell not going to bother. The 60% statistic has been repeated everywhere for more than a week.

I already explained why changing mods isn't always an option, literally in the post you quoted.

The part I don't like is that nightwave as-is is garbage, and I've explained why repeatedly. You keep on trying to be elitist because "oh you just don't like effort", but again, I already explained what is wrong with nightwave and why, and effort certainly isn't a factor.

I've also explained what's a chore and why, and how nightwave makes it a chore, which you continue to ignore, like everything else.

If you don't want me calling you out for doing the things, stop doing the things. Better yet, stop trolling a feedback thread with "you just don't like effort" "you just don't understand" "you're just too casual" whatever garbage you keep using as an excuse to disregard legitimate feedback from actual players.

Then if those are the reasons, they all failed, less oversight, the bugs already present put a damper on those as it is, but that seemed forgivable, is for me since im still playing, but compound that with new ones, like the recent index bug, or the fishing daily that glitched for a few days, as long as A program is running randomly, oversight is needed, so they changed one type for another.

Getting a story out, ok I like this, they should & need to do more, they nabbed it from The Warriors movie, take it all the way, because it worked & it gives the game a little more depth.

Rewards are paltry if not more so than alerts were, emblems & emotes are not worth the effort & screws new players over by putting easy to obtain mods in a rewards section, if you know the value of Nitain & somone was about to spend their wolf credits on say, rifle amp, would you tell them to do it or say dude heres an extra for free dont buy that crap.

So for story content, diggin it, needs work, but i like it, again rewards, slots, catalysts & the big treasure at the end, fine. Just leave out the forced useless emblems & emotes, let THOSE be purchasable, with a big block research materials cache instead, a credit allotment, or an item that boosts affinity for a weapon.

It broke more than it fixed & it wasn't that broken to begin with, like everything else in this game, just needs some work & some creativity, instead we got smacked with a to do list.

30 minutes ago, Tellakey said:

But some of us wish to voice our dislike for subjectively bad features in the game. 

Feedback section of the fourms exist, posting in general is basically throwing your complaints straight into the void.

Nightwave is such a bad system - it boggles the mind how it was just released by DE without asking its gaming community for feedback before launching it. DE should just bring back the quick alert system - that proved successful for 6 years in combination with the nightwave system - that way players can choose for themselves what they want to play. Furthermore, DE should never try forcing players to play acts they don't want to play - every player has a different play-style and favorite content that they prefer to play - just let them rank up in the system by playing what they enjoy playing.

10 minutes ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

Feedback section of the fourms exist, posting in general is basically throwing your complaints straight into the void.

Fair enough. My response was to those who oppose any negative feedback with a typical "Then don't play it."

On 2019-03-18 at 6:59 AM, Syasob said:

Thanks in advance, DE.

Man how condescending

Say thanks to snowflake whiners who wat too badly hurt by impossibility of getting rewards for free and easy, everything for them was TOO HARD. Now Nightwave degradated to brainless chore of insulting "difficulty".

il_794xN.1194614598_b8r8.jpg

Make challanges challenging! Its already intolerably easy, just chore of random missions to steal time.

1 hour ago, Tellakey said:

But some of us wish to voice our dislike for subjectively bad features in the game. After all, Nightwave does feature exclusive items. Ignoring it means missing out on said items and acting passively toward certain directions we consider bad for Warframe.

Warframe lacks meaningful rewards because we all have everything or buy it with plat... Nightwave and Emphermas are the right way. Just because some Snowflake want to have all things right now because "they exist" its not something to claim they are bad. Nightwave give us something to do. They dont force us like a lot of people claim. You dont need Umbral forma or the Armor. You dont need it for anything. People get it that put time and effort into it. Thats it.

Quick suggestion. Nightwave's current formula relies on time-sinks under the misleading name of "challenges". I think the devs know full well that none of the challenges require any effort other than patience to complete. No skill, no expertise, etc... Here, then, a few suggestions that may tip the devs on what challenging tasks could (emphasis on could) look like. Let me first chalk away any presumption that I know best or that I necessarily think I'm right. This is merely my idea of challenge in Warframe, a game whose over-emphasis on power fantasy quashes any potential for actual challenge.

Here's the list, which I will supplement on the occasion:

• Headshot X enemies in a row from a wall-latch.
  • Headshot X enemies with a bow from aim-glide.
  • Kill X enemies with a combination of melee and gunplay over X amount of time.
  • Kill X enemies while wall-running.
  • Kill X enemies while jumping from wall to wall.
  • Complete a spy mission without being detected once.
  • Defeat Kela de Thaym without getting downed.
  • Complete a capture mission in less than a minute.
  • Reach 10k K-drive points without breaking the score.
  • Complete a level 50+ mission with all 4 debuff keys equipped and without using Warframe abilities.
  • Solo a hard boss fight.
  • Complete this or that mission with no mods equipped.

I also point you to this thread, where other players list potential challenges in the same vein as I do.

The emphasis here, of course, is on short tasks that require player dexterity, timing, and the like. It demands effort as opposed to patience and does consume an entire day of consecutive gameplay to fulfill. Another way to put it is, instead of diverting a player's attention from what they want to focus on (go play spy even though you wanted to play survival) Nightwave should layer additional gameplay enhancement on top of pre-existing focus. For example, say you were focusing on a survival mission. Well now you have a new goal in said survival mission - hone your skills by wall-latching, wall-running, aim-gliding, etc... DE, demand the players to make use of your intricate mobility system! What's the point of aim-gliding if we're not asked to use it? Why even create wall-latching if there's no point behind it? You get the idea.

This, in my opinion, is what Nightwave challenge should look like.

Except we've already been having repeat challenges? And there are only so many tasks that could be made involving existing content that isn't overly specific (do people want challenges like "Kill 200 Charger Eximus units in Hive missions"?)

Also consider that DE has been collecting feedback regarding the challenges and it only makes sense that they would repeat challenges specifically for feedback regarding repeats. The entire system was also put in day one (the first patch had every challenge put in the game) and DE intentionally put in repeats. So none of the current challenges exists due to previous "feedback".

2 hours ago, (NSW)Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

And I can say the exact same thing about all the crybabies complaining about Nightwave. Not worth the attention.

Which is precisely why you engaged in several-comments-long pissing contest. Yup, I see your point.

26 minutes ago, DerGreif2 said:

Warframe lacks meaningful rewards because we all have everything or buy it with plat... Nightwave and Emphermas are the right way. Just because some Snowflake want to have all things right now because "they exist" its not something to claim they are bad. Nightwave give us something to do. They dont force us like a lot of people claim. You dont need Umbral forma or the Armor. You dont need it for anything. People get it that put time and effort into it. Thats it.

In the same manner one could argue that you don't need Mesa Prime because Mesa is good enough, or Forma since an un-Formad weapon already kills well enough, and so on and so forth.

Players thirst for content, and in that sense Nightwave forces you to play if you're interested in new updates. It's like saying that you should completely ignore Fortuna, a year-worth of development that came at the expense of frequent updates, because nothing in Fortuna is a necessity. Well the entire game is not a necessity. What's even the point of playing if you don't consider the content in the game a must?

By week 2, it was already quite apparent that the system is not going to be enjoyable in the long run when more than half the selection were objectives that just pointed you to a game mode and told you, "Just do whatever X number of times". Sustainability wasn't in mind when they made them which is why we have that extremely strange objective of "Gild an equipment".

Nightwave is not supposed to provide Challenge.

Edit: Plus, most of your challenges are not "requiring skill".

vor 22 Minuten schrieb Tellakey:

In the same manner one could argue that you don't need a prime Warframe, forma, etc...

Players thirst for content, and in that sense Nightwave forces you to play if you're interested in new updates. It's like saying that you should completely ignore Fortuna, a year-worth of development that came at the expense of frequent updates, because nothing in Fortuna is a necessity. Well the entire game is not a necessity. What's even the point of playing if you don't consider the content in the game a must?

The great differnce between a prime Warframe and the stuff from Nightwave ranks are the Mastery points.
Nightwave currently provides only cosmetic items or some other nice to have rewards, so you are more free to skip it.

6 minutes ago, M4T2E said:

The great differnce between a prime Warframe and the stuff from Nightwave ranks are the Mastery points.
Nightwave currently provides only cosmetic items or some other nice to have rewards, so you are more free to skip it.

That's just one factor. Pretty minimal, if you ask me. 

Edit: Some players don't care so much about MR. You can see plenty of veterans who never got beyond 20. For some fashion is end-game, therefore Nightwave is locking you outside pretty important stuff if you're not interested in pursuing tedious tasks every week.

Gerade eben schrieb Tellakey:

That's just one factor. Pretty minimal, if you ask me.

Maybe, but I think there are more than just a few players, just reacting if it's related to mastery fodder.

My only feedback:

- Make Elite Challenges not part of the 60%

- Make Elite Challenges Harder

- Remove Wolf Creds from rewards (just after rank 30)

- Make those fugitives from 5 Wolf Creds each (or other special enemies in the future)

- Explain where to find or what to do to spawn the boss

The rest is fine. Maybe also 2 Daylies

Just now, M4T2E said:

Maybe, but I think there are more than just a few players, just reacting if it's related to mastery fodder.

Same could be said about people who want to collect all the mods or cosmetics possible. Also, do note, you can trade for Prime Warframes or purchase Prime Access/Vaults when they are available. The comparisons are not quite the same due to that specific niche.

Demanding return of Alert system which would make our time in game less boring!

Who agrees, give upvote, applause or like!

53 minutes ago, Tellakey said:

In the same manner one could argue that you don't need Mesa Prime because Mesa is good enough, or Forma since an un-Formad weapon already kills well enough, and so on and so forth.

And thats true. But you can get them via playing. Same with nightwave. Except armor or a special kind of forma are not the norm or needed because we have OTHER armor and NORMAL forma. Its not like we dont ave other options.

Players thirst for content, and in that sense Nightwave forces you to play if you're interested in new updates.

You dont have to. If you want then do it. They just changed a  broken system.

It's like saying that you should completely ignore Fortuna, a year-worth of development that came at the expense of frequent updates, because nothing in Fortuna is a necessity.

They have special guns and Warframes. So you COULD ignore it because you can buy them if you want.

Well the entire game is not a necessity. What's even the point of playing if you don't consider the content in the game a must?

Dude you are a Drama queen. You dont get the point. if you go this road then you can just stop playing.

Nightwave is something for players to do with rewards that really reward players that put the effort in it. It is aimed at all people but the last rewards are aimed for the veteran or semi casual players that have the time. Deal with it. Not everybody should get to rank 30. Thats the thing. Thats it what makes rewards relevant: not everyone have it. Like I said: warframe needs to have exclusive rewards. We have already so much that is for everyone so that they feel just normal or worthless. Do you get the point?

3 hours ago, Atekron said:

That was fun for a while, but this week challenges did show us what true nature of nightwave is - couple of boring task randomly repeating, DE not even bother to make them unique and not repeat two times in a row, I will do them this and next week for armor set and it will be time to say to Nora "good night"

Took long enough to make people realize that, uh?

Even i have realized that, but why should i complain for "Duuh, Nightwave has the same challenge as the previous week"?

2 hours ago, Shadow-Spawn said:

Nightwave is such a bad system - it boggles the mind how it was just released by DE without asking its gaming community for feedback before launching it. DE should just bring back the quick alert system - that proved successful for 6 years in combination with the nightwave system - that way players can choose for themselves what they want to play. Furthermore, DE should never try forcing players to play acts they don't want to play - every player has a different play-style and favorite content that they prefer to play - just let them rank up in the system by playing what they enjoy playing.

I don't know, waiting for a certain alert to pop up is annoying. Considering the fact that before Nightwave, you had to wait 4 hours to get a nitain extract alert (which is annoying, since different warframes and weapons require nitain extract). Yes, Quick Alert system can co-exist with Nightwave, but even it has flaws.

Besides, you do realize that you can decide to not do certain challenges? You don't want to do Profit-Taker Orb with friends? Ok, that's your decision.

1 minute ago, CoreXCZ said:

Demanding return of Alert system which would make our time in game less boring!

I have a better idea: Why not make the alert system return, but implement it with Nightwave, so that when you get a quick alert, you can manage to complete a challenge?

Just now, BombtailsTheFox said:

I have a better idea: Why not make the alert system return, but implement it with Nightwave, so that when you get a quick alert, you can manage to complete a challenge?

Denied. You can complete a challenge in alert even if it will work as separate system. Stop mixing apples and pineapples together, please.

20 minutes ago, DerGreif2 said:

And thats true. But you can get them via playing. Same with nightwave. Except armor or a special kind of forma are not the norm or needed because we have OTHER armor and NORMAL forma. Its not like we dont ave other options.

I don't see how the availability of primes is relevant. If anything because Nightwave features exclusives it commits a bigger sin. And again, you decided that Umbral Forma is not as important. That's utterly subjective. To others fashion is more important so missing out on the exclusive armor set is undesirable. 

You dont have to. If you want then do it. They just changes a  broken system.

They have special guns and Warframes. So you could ignore it because you can buy them if you want.

Again, DE isn't literally pointing a gun to my head, but I am forced in the sense that if I want to play the new content I have to suffer through a tedious system that's much worst than the game's regular grind because it is time-limited, therefore exerting pressure. Compare that to Fortuna, another grind-fest that A. has a much better time-investment to reward ratio, and B. could be played at your own pace. 

Dude you are a Drama queen. You dont get the point. if you go this road then you can just stop playing.

Ah, a classical ad-hominem followed with a typical "then don't play it" argument. Because negative feedback is forbidden nowadays.

Nightwave is something for players to do with rewards that really reward players that put the effort in it. It is aimed at all people but the last rewards are aimed for the veteran or semi casual players that have the time. Deal with it. Not everybody should get to rank 30. Thats the thing. Thats it what makes rewards relevant: not everyone have it. Like I said: warframe needs to have exclusive rewards. We have already so much that is for everyone so that they feel just normal or worthless. Do you get the point?

I have zero issues with exclusive rewards. My problem with Nightwave is its weekly pressure on veterans and casuals alike, and its enforcement of tedious chores that go by the false title of "challenges". I want an actual challenge in Warframe, therefore I criticize the game when it fails to implement it. But please, keep throwing those ad hominems because you cannot deal with disagreement.