Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave + alerts removal feedback

SilverBones

1 minute ago, Kontrollo said:

But the vast majority of my games run smoothly. It's just a stand-in for "I don't like this".

I don't crash on the Switch version often at all, hell there are less host migrations than when I was back on PC there (somehow) but just because YOUR games run smoothly doesn't mean you can sweep the concerns, crashes and issues people have had away with a general statement of "You just don't like it and are making excuses".

Its a disingenuous argument and does nothing to make your argument for why these SHOULD be around any more valid and only serves as ammunition against your own argument.

Like I said, people keep saying you get 43k a week, and you only need 30k a week, then go on to say you only need 60%. Pretty #*!%ing simple math there. Go figure.

changing element means changing the weapon, and especially on well forma'd weapons, isn't always an option, element wise. If you forma for full crit+riven+primed, you're often stuck with cold or a combination with cold in it for rifles, elec or some combination for shotguns, often with cold on it if you want to reload at all, heat and combinations for pistols. There are exceptions, but those are weapon specific. In other words, it's restrictive to what weapons you can use. Go figure.

The creds store offerings aren't especially relevant for the most part, no. Alerts, you only need some nitain, vauban parts once each, auras once each and optionally more for sale if you need some plat, and potatoes, which were never something to count on outside of 24h gift of the lotus. It's like you never even played warframe. The issue was never the cred store, though wolf creds are bullS#&$ for new players since you get so few of them spaced so far apart. The linear rewards are the compelling part of nightwave, like I've said numerous times, and like you've ignored numerous times.

Not that you'll pay attention to any of that, since again, you're just here to grief people who want Warframe to be a better game, and derail a legitimate feedback thread so you can pat yourself on the back and feed your poor, fragile ego.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Aldain said:

you can sweep the concerns, crashes and issues people have had away with a general statement of "You just don't like it and are making excuses".

Not exactly what I said (thanks for trying to turn this on me, though, helps me make my point). But let's recap:

Elite Weeklies are optional, even if your goal is to reach rank 30 it's easily doable without them. For you "[5k standing] isn't a good enough incentive when you compare it to any other Nightwave acts", other people may be worried about the risks (host migrations being one of them, although a minor one), yet others don't want to stay 1 hour in a mission or have other reasons. All of that is fine, because this is just an incentive to do it, not a requirement.

You're not really missing out if you decide to not do this challenge, yet for others it adds to their enjoyment. The question is: why is that not ok?

Edited by Kontrollo
better quoting

1 hour ago, (NSW)Hatemachine said:

Out of curiosity, has anyone said or given a functional reason why both systems can't coexist? seems like a pretty easy fix to reintroduce a function that really didnt need to be wholly removed.

And yeah, no shortage of those who would seek to be kings of the refuse heap.

Alerts rewards were put into nightwave.also the alerts rewards selection mechanic required more oversight. The nightwave has a set tier reward system and the only range is in the challenges themselves..now they can manage both the award reward set and gift of lotus award set much more effectively from a design point. From a creative stand point.. They wanted nightwave as a storyline feature to be able to introduce more characters which allows more cosmetics for tennogen. So you have instant in game time limited awards that can be cycled out every 3 months.

That was fun for a while, but this week challenges did show us what true nature of nightwave is - couple of boring task randomly repeating, DE not even bother to make them unique and not repeat two times in a row, I will do them this and next week for armor set and it will be time to say to Nora "good night"

• Like 1

Sidenote, I'd really just like the per-mission challenges to come back, but reward 100-200 standing or something. Hell, even give 2-3 of the mini challenges per mission. As long as they make sure that the challenges can actually be completed that is (unlike the classic "hack a terminal" challenge in a mission that can't trigger terminals)

20 minutes ago, WindigoTG said:

Did anybody, who has been playing more than two months, expect anything else from nightwave acts?

Most sane people are aware theres a limit to how many unique tasks you can give to the general population before you enter skill gate territory

And trust me thered be a much larger backlash to that than a system repeating itself.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

It's very annoying. Boring as hell.. I'm playing less and less Warframe since the release of nightwave because it's the most boring thing ever, same with the latest event.. wtf is going on 

How about you just ignore it.

Edited by DerGreif2
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, NezuHimeSama said:

Like I said, people keep saying you get 43k a week, and you only need 30k a week, then go on to say you only need 60%. Pretty #*!%ing simple math there. Go figure.

Quote it. 

Very simple thing to do. You have more than 64 pages to choose from. 

38 minutes ago, NezuHimeSama said:

changing element means changing the weapon, and especially on well forma'd weapons, isn't always an option, element wise. If you forma for full crit+riven+primed, you're often stuck with cold or a combination with cold in it for rifles, elec or some combination for shotguns, often with cold on it if you want to reload at all, heat and combinations for pistols. There are exceptions, but those are weapon specific. In other words, it's restrictive to what weapons you can use. Go figure.

This is warframe. Changing mods ≠ changing weapons, and by this stage you ought to be well aware of that. And even if you do have to select a shotgun instead of a sniper rifle, you are going to have to explain to the majority of people, why you think that is so onerous. 

And last I checked most warframes gave you the option of 3 weapons, not to mention the abilities sometimes have a elemental effect. 

Now what it looks like is that either you just don't want to put any effort at all into the game, or you are scared that you will break the build and not remember what you had. 

47 minutes ago, NezuHimeSama said:

The creds store offerings aren't especially relevant for the most part, no. Alerts, you only need some nitain, vauban parts once each, auras once each and optionally more for sale if you need some plat, and potatoes, which were never something to count on outside of 24h gift of the lotus. It's like you never even played warframe. The issue was never the cred store, though wolf creds are bullS#&$ for new players since you get so few of them spaced so far apart. The linear rewards are the compelling part of nightwave, like I've said numerous times, and like you've ignored numerous times.

Right so again, Nightwave-as-a-replacement-for-alerts is a nonissue for you. The part that you don't like is having to put an effort into getting the event rewards, which you do not want to put more than 5 minutes into, per challenge, or change weapons, or do the majority of the challenges as they generally require too much of an effort, including the dailies, and you refuse to specify what content you don't find to be "a chore"? That sum it up? 

54 minutes ago, NezuHimeSama said:

Not that you'll pay attention to any of that, since again, you're just here to grief people who want Warframe to be a better game, and derail a legitimate feedback thread so you can pat yourself on the back and feed your poor, fragile ego.

Silly ad hominems, again? At least you didn't claim elitist this time. 

• Like 1

Just now, DerGreif2 said:

How about you just ignore it.

But some of us wish to voice our dislike for subjectively bad features in the game. After all, Nightwave does feature exclusive items. Ignoring it means missing out on said items and acting passively toward certain directions we consider bad for Warframe.

• Like 1

Precisely because there are 64 pages to dig through, I'm sure as hell not going to bother. The 60% statistic has been repeated everywhere for more than a week.

I already explained why changing mods isn't always an option, literally in the post you quoted.

The part I don't like is that nightwave as-is is garbage, and I've explained why repeatedly. You keep on trying to be elitist because "oh you just don't like effort", but again, I already explained what is wrong with nightwave and why, and effort certainly isn't a factor.

I've also explained what's a chore and why, and how nightwave makes it a chore, which you continue to ignore, like everything else.

If you don't want me calling you out for doing the things, stop doing the things. Better yet, stop trolling a feedback thread with "you just don't like effort" "you just don't understand" "you're just too casual" whatever garbage you keep using as an excuse to disregard legitimate feedback from actual players.

Then if those are the reasons, they all failed, less oversight, the bugs already present put a damper on those as it is, but that seemed forgivable, is for me since im still playing, but compound that with new ones, like the recent index bug, or the fishing daily that glitched for a few days, as long as A program is running randomly, oversight is needed, so they changed one type for another.

Getting a story out, ok I like this, they should & need to do more, they nabbed it from The Warriors movie, take it all the way, because it worked & it gives the game a little more depth.

Rewards are paltry if not more so than alerts were, emblems & emotes are not worth the effort & screws new players over by putting easy to obtain mods in a rewards section, if you know the value of Nitain & somone was about to spend their wolf credits on say, rifle amp, would you tell them to do it or say dude heres an extra for free dont buy that crap.

So for story content, diggin it, needs work, but i like it, again rewards, slots, catalysts & the big treasure at the end, fine. Just leave out the forced useless emblems & emotes, let THOSE be purchasable, with a big block research materials cache instead, a credit allotment, or an item that boosts affinity for a weapon.

It broke more than it fixed & it wasn't that broken to begin with, like everything else in this game, just needs some work & some creativity, instead we got smacked with a to do list.

• Like 1

Nightwave is such a bad system - it boggles the mind how it was just released by DE without asking its gaming community for feedback before launching it. DE should just bring back the quick alert system - that proved successful for 6 years in combination with the nightwave system - that way players can choose for themselves what they want to play. Furthermore, DE should never try forcing players to play acts they don't want to play - every player has a different play-style and favorite content that they prefer to play - just let them rank up in the system by playing what they enjoy playing.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

Feedback section of the fourms exist, posting in general is basically throwing your complaints straight into the void.

Fair enough. My response was to those who oppose any negative feedback with a typical "Then don't play it."

Say thanks to snowflake whiners who wat too badly hurt by impossibility of getting rewards for free and easy, everything for them was TOO HARD. Now Nightwave degradated to brainless chore of insulting "difficulty".

il_794xN.1194614598_b8r8.jpg

Edited by le_souriceau

1 hour ago, Tellakey said:

But some of us wish to voice our dislike for subjectively bad features in the game. After all, Nightwave does feature exclusive items. Ignoring it means missing out on said items and acting passively toward certain directions we consider bad for Warframe.

Warframe lacks meaningful rewards because we all have everything or buy it with plat... Nightwave and Emphermas are the right way. Just because some Snowflake want to have all things right now because "they exist" its not something to claim they are bad. Nightwave give us something to do. They dont force us like a lot of people claim. You dont need Umbral forma or the Armor. You dont need it for anything. People get it that put time and effort into it. Thats it.

Quick suggestion. Nightwave's current formula relies on time-sinks under the misleading name of "challenges". I think the devs know full well that none of the challenges require any effort other than patience to complete. No skill, no expertise, etc... Here, then, a few suggestions that may tip the devs on what challenging tasks could (emphasis on could) look like. Let me first chalk away any presumption that I know best or that I necessarily think I'm right. This is merely my idea of challenge in Warframe, a game whose over-emphasis on power fantasy quashes any potential for actual challenge.

Here's the list, which I will supplement on the occasion:

• Headshot X enemies in a row from a wall-latch.
  • Headshot X enemies with a bow from aim-glide.
  • Kill X enemies with a combination of melee and gunplay over X amount of time.
  • Kill X enemies while wall-running.
  • Kill X enemies while jumping from wall to wall.
  • Complete a spy mission without being detected once.
  • Defeat Kela de Thaym without getting downed.
  • Complete a capture mission in less than a minute.
  • Reach 10k K-drive points without breaking the score.
  • Complete a level 50+ mission with all 4 debuff keys equipped and without using Warframe abilities.
  • Solo a hard boss fight.
  • Complete this or that mission with no mods equipped.

I also point you to this thread, where other players list potential challenges in the same vein as I do.

The emphasis here, of course, is on short tasks that require player dexterity, timing, and the like. It demands effort as opposed to patience and does consume an entire day of consecutive gameplay to fulfill. Another way to put it is, instead of diverting a player's attention from what they want to focus on (go play spy even though you wanted to play survival) Nightwave should layer additional gameplay enhancement on top of pre-existing focus. For example, say you were focusing on a survival mission. Well now you have a new goal in said survival mission - hone your skills by wall-latching, wall-running, aim-gliding, etc... DE, demand the players to make use of your intricate mobility system! What's the point of aim-gliding if we're not asked to use it? Why even create wall-latching if there's no point behind it? You get the idea.

This, in my opinion, is what Nightwave challenge should look like.

Edited by Tellakey

Except we've already been having repeat challenges? And there are only so many tasks that could be made involving existing content that isn't overly specific (do people want challenges like "Kill 200 Charger Eximus units in Hive missions"?)

Also consider that DE has been collecting feedback regarding the challenges and it only makes sense that they would repeat challenges specifically for feedback regarding repeats. The entire system was also put in day one (the first patch had every challenge put in the game) and DE intentionally put in repeats. So none of the current challenges exists due to previous "feedback".

Edited by trst