Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is the Wolf rework an out of season April Fool's joke?

Mrevasivepants

He hasn't spawned for me at all on PC, but twice on Switch. 

The first time he spawned, he showed up alone while I was running solo with a Loki ranking up a Tatsu with no other weapons. Cheesed him by whittling him down with an operator amp which took over 10 minutes. I got a Fever Strike.

The second time he spawned with 3 invulnerable fugitives while I was running solo Loki ranking up a Broken Scepter. Between the hammer whirlwind and the constant fire support, I stood no chance. I died and he disappeared.

So basically it's a long annoying fight with terrible drop chances, and if he spawns on you and you don't have a full team and/or Meta gear it's almost guaranteed death.

Why?

14 hours ago, DoomFruit said:

Not for much longer. DE have decided that they don't want CC or warframe powers in this game, so their newest enemies (sploiter orb, coolant spiders, wolf) are completely immune to anything that's not direct weapon fire, and their latest area (venus open world) is full to the brim with a terminal case of nullicancer. The latter even has for some inexplicable reason some kind of either damage cap or flat damage reduction mechanic (eg. 16k guaranteed crit aklex prime with radiation damage, supposedly what he's weak to, dealing ~1.2k damage per headshot on a L30 wolf).

And isnt it wonderful that people now have to use both frames AND weapons instead of one or the other? Kinda balances out our tactics. It's an AWESOME add to the game. I would like the spawn rate a little higher. I've killed enough fugatives that he should be on me like flies on garbage. But I only met up with him once and I was on a survival. I got too fucused on him and not the air and the mission failed before I could finish him off while on my gimp Volt. I have to use my operator with magus arcanes for healing my frame to stay alive, but I was kicking his tail. Im not an elite player. I have good mods, frames, weapons and arcanes. I havent soloed ESO or arbitration. Im top of the casuals, bottom of the elites kind of player.

To the anteater prime post, good on ya. good way to get across that leveling everything at once will get you killed by the likes of Wolfy boy.

12 hours ago, nslay said:

I hope you all kept Revenant... I know he's well hated, but his Reave makes the Wolf fight a lot less time consuming. You can't Enthrall him anymore for the one-shot kill Reave, but you need only Reave him at most 13 times (8% target health per hit). If you're good at Archwing or have high duration, you may be able to multi-shot him per Reave.

His invincible goons can be Enthralled. You should Enthrall them first, then Reave Wolf as much as possible.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Revenant#Abilities

That would be fine if we could prepare for his appearance, but it's both completely random and incredibly uncommon. Revenant never clicked for me (nothing to date fits me so well as Loki), so I'd only bring him to a mission where I know that he'd be needed (eg. Volt always comes out for Grineer defence missions because of his invincible shields, Nova always for intercept because of mass slowing). The last time he appeared for me, I had Hydroid because I was trying to get pigments from leech ospreys. Completely useless against him. Does Loki's invis work against him? Dunno, I've not seen him since.

1 hour ago, ThumpumGood said:

And isnt it wonderful that people now have to use both frames AND weapons instead of one or the other? Kinda balances out our tactics. It's an AWESOME add to the game. I would like the spawn rate a little higher. I've killed enough fugatives that he should be on me like flies on garbage. But I only met up with him once and I was on a survival. I got too fucused on him and not the air and the mission failed before I could finish him off while on my gimp Volt. I have to use my operator with magus arcanes for healing my frame to stay alive, but I was kicking his tail. Im not an elite player. I have good mods, frames, weapons and arcanes. I havent soloed ESO or arbitration. Im top of the casuals, bottom of the elites kind of player.

To the anteater prime post, good on ya. good way to get across that leveling everything at once will get you killed by the likes of Wolfy boy.

CC on its own will never kill enemies - it always needed to be paired with good weapons. It's just that now it's getting more and more useless so there's no point in bringing anything except weapons plus weapon buffs and/or tankiness (prime example: chroma).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tengarnos said:

No Joking, eh spawns fugitives during fights? I had him 4 times never saw his little dps cannonfudder during one of these fights.

It's worse! They are level 80 invulnerable fugitives only becoming vulnerable once Wolf is killed. Like Wolf, level 80 fugitives are time consuming to kill even with Corrosive weapons (they are not immune to status effects, so you can chip away armor)! After applying corrosive status several times with Opticor Vandal, I gave up and Reaved them to death like I did Wolf. You can Enthrall fugitives so you can 1-2 shot fugitives with Reave.

I didn’t mean threat, I meant challenge (brain fart). So yeah, he’s bullet spongy, but he’s kinda fun to me as just Stalkers Big Brother. 

Maybe a fun design would be that the Wolf shows up to stop your mission, or with a mission of his own that conflicts with yours. This would be better than another re skin of Stalker or the Grustag 3.

vor einer Stunde schrieb nslay:

It's worse! They are level 80 invulnerable fugitives only becoming vulnerable once Wolf is killed. Like Wolf, level 80 fugitives are time consuming to kill even with Corrosive weapons (they are not immune to status effects, so you can chip away armor)! After applying corrosive status several times with Opticor Vandal, I gave up and Reaved them to death like I did Wolf. You can Enthrall fugitives so you can 1-2 shot fugitives with Reave.

Well if you say so. Never saw them. Only Wolf alone if he dared to spawn during this series and leaving after dropping a crappy common mod which isnt even worth as endo generator. (I mean for real which i**** thought it would be a good idea to give him elemental mods? They just wanted to stretch the reward table for some stupid reason)

Edit: I read it with this fugitives in wiki but thought it might be a false info or just coincidence due to my exp.

Edited by Tengarnos

Just now, Tengarnos said:

Well if you say so. Never saw them. Only Wolf alone if he dared to spawn during this series and leaving after dropping a crappy common mod which isnt even worth as endo generator. (I mean for real which i**** thought it would be a good idea to give him elemental mods? They just wanted to stretch the reward table for some stupid reason)

Yeah, it's a recent change. First time I saw him was him alone and not level 80!

Gerade eben schrieb nslay:

Yeah, it's a recent change. First time I saw him was him alone and not level 80!

Well if he would dare to show himselfe this rabbitfooted coward I could see it. But I cant get him to spawn even if I am nearly rank 23 in NW

So I've only encountered the Wolf once so far, and afterwards understand some big frustrations about this fight...

Axi Relic mission, wolf spawns with his little minions. Level 75. Great. A teammate perma stuns Wolfie with Magus Lockdown (before the nerf/fix). I, as Garuda, knock the minions away with the Void Dash and keep them on Blood Altars the entire fight. Our team then proceeds to stand in front of the Wolf, with zero retaliation, and just headshot him for 10 minutes straight. 10 minutes of a whole team, standing in a line, headshotting this "Boss" with no reason to stop, move, or dodge, aside from me occasionally refreshing my fugitive Blood Altars. This is not good game design! I don't even want to think about encountering him again at this rate, this is the worst enemy i think the game has to date. If he guaranteed dropped Wolf Sledge parts, maybe it wouldn't be quite as bad, but even then this is still unacceptable. I thought DE wanted to remove straight up Bullet Sponges?

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, (XB1)A Excal Umbra said:

I still haven’t seen the wolf yet. 

3 hours ago, (PS4)thowed said:

Still never seen him.  Multiple hours a day since event dropped.

3 hours ago, EchoesOfRain said:

So I've only encountered the Wolf once so far, and afterwards understand some big frustrations about this fight...

Axi Relic mission, wolf spawns with his little minions. Level 75. Great. A teammate perma stuns Wolfie with Magus Lockdown (before the nerf/fix). I, as Garuda, knock the minions away with the Void Dash and keep them on Blood Altars the entire fight. Our team then proceeds to stand in front of the Wolf, with zero retaliation, and just headshot him for 10 minutes straight. 10 minutes of a whole team, standing in a line, headshotting this "Boss" with no reason to stop, move, or dodge, aside from me occasionally refreshing my fugitive Blood Altars. This is not good game design! I don't even want to think about encountering him again at this rate, this is the worst enemy i think the game has to date. If he guaranteed dropped Wolf Sledge parts, maybe it wouldn't be quite as bad, but even then this is still unacceptable. I thought DE wanted to remove straight up Bullet Sponges?

6 hours ago, Tengarnos said:

Well if he would dare to show himselfe this rabbitfooted coward I could see it. But I cant get him to spawn even if I am nearly rank 23 in NW

Jesus are the spawns really this bad for you guys? The RNG of this game is worse than I thought.

6 minutes ago, Mrevasivepants said:

Jesus are the spawns really this bad for you guys? The RNG of this game is worse than I thought.

Yea, I mean this game blesses me every now and then, and sometimes I get cursed every now and then. However with the wolf, I am eternally hexed. From what I’ve been told, I’m pretty lucky to not have the horrifying experience of fighting him. 

Edited by (XB1)A Excal Umbra

vor 10 Minuten schrieb Mrevasivepants:

yeah thats why I cant believe the guy saying he saw him 7 to 10 times this week alone. He maybe spawns once a week for me if he spawns at all. 2 of my encounters where within 2nd week. The spawnrates are outa garbage and worst rng ever put into this game. On top if he dares to show up its either with bad weapons for leveling or with a team of low mr with bad mods and dmg output so the fight takes forever while only dropping #*!%ing elemental mods.

i had him twice today:
Spy relic run, laggy AF, doors opening late etc, you guys know the drill. Wolf spawns and 1 other from the grp + me are stuck with the wolf (and the two others are camping the exit). Alarm goes of, doors close and we cant do anything against him and his 3 pals. After my last death i abortet, i was not willing to lose my Relic because we two did not even have enough reactant.
Btw: Loki is useless against him 😄

Defense relic run (Inaros, 2 Saryn and me with Nidus) + Ambulas spawns ... and the Wolf shows. We nearly lost the defense part because we where to bussy with him and his 3 stoges and the Ambulas.

Edited by MagdalenaRantanplan

vor 2 Minuten schrieb MagdalenaRantanplan:

i had him twice today:
Spy relic run, laggy AF, doors opening late etc, you guys know the drill. Wolf spawns and 1 other from the grp + me are stuck with the wolf (and the two others are camping the exit). Alarm goes of, doors close and we cant do anything against him and his 3 pals. After my last death i abortet, i was not willing to lose my Relic because we two did not even have enough reactant.
Btw: Loki is useless against him 😄

Defense relic run (Inaros, 2 Saryn and me with Nidus) + Ambulas spawns ... and the Wolf shows. We nearly lost the defense part because we where to bussy with him and his 3 stoges and the Ambulas.

As far as I experienced you dont loose relic if you couldnt crack it open. But yeah sucks. But at least he spawned for you. More than for others 😄

• Like 1

To be fair, I'm okay with all of this, so long DE learns their lessons, that this kind of "event" and "boss" needs to be tweaked to the point it's ok to encounter it, not having a figuretive wall that spawns infront of us while we have a narrator spewing DaVinci Code horseshrimp and have people call it "challenging". Challenging is having a boss that you can "moderately" take down as well as he can take you down, hence promoting the use of strategy and studying his moveset. I don't want to have another #*!%ing Vendrick Boss fight from Dark Souls 2, in which he takes literal 5 minutes of hacking and slashing while a single combo of his can kill you outstraight.

But hey, unlike the wolf of wall street, his soul was actually worthy and his armor was pimp as #*!% my dude.

10 hours ago, Mrevasivepants said:

Yep. I've encountered him exactly twice since the whole thing started. Once when I was levelling up my Nekros and got one-shot from absolutely nowhere with no warning, and once when I was trying to farm leech osprey pigments with Hydroid. I actually did kill him that time, though it took forever to do so even while constantly headshotting him with a radioactive guaranteed 5.9x crit aklex prime.

In neither situation did I get any parts for his hammer.

Edited by DoomFruit

On 2019-03-30 at 12:24 PM, LSG501 said:

I got him with his 3 buddies while doing a solo run, he was rank 29 so not exactly as bad as some have had (seen reports of 140 range) but you get an idea of what it will be like at higher levels... this was the third time I've seen him since the start, spawn rate is appalling still.

My rifle which would usually be doing around 500 damage per hit (100% crit chance rivened tenora) was getting the grand total of 90 per hit, you got to love 80% damage reduction...

Crowd control with magus lockdown (and any frame ability) has been nerfed into the ground, yes it was a little bugged on magus lockdown but it now lasts next to no time at all. 

So I spent about 5-10 mins using my melee (did far more damage than my rifle did) while absorbing all the damage from him and the minions (surprisingly hildryn survived without any issues), with the ocassional hit from wolfie and to be honest I wasn't even aware I'd killed him until I noticed I'd killed his buddies...

When it finished I end up with a mod...  I wouldn't mind the rareness of his visits and the time it takes to kill him if it was 100% drop chance on his parts but it's not and iirc all the other assassins have 100% drop chance of a weapon or part.

Now ya know what it feels like to fight us! lol   Sounds like exactly the opponent we keep asking for 😕

On ‎2019‎-‎03‎-‎30 at 9:09 PM, Shadow-Spawn said:

DE should bring back the quick alert system - that was successful for 6 years

You can write this line in every single thread out there, it's not going to make it true.

On topic, Wolf seems to evaluate my load out, he shows only when I'm at my weakest last time at LV80 while leveling at Hydron with nothing but a Rattlegutz 😕 

Needless to say, we spent 35 minutes for a 5 wave defense and an electricity mod 😄 

Good thing that supposedly he's getting an HP nerf and a damage buff.

He couldn't 1shot a half modded Revenant and lasted 30+ min, if he lasted 15, but could 1shot a fully modded Chroma, I'd find that way more interesting. Also some drop consistency would be appreciated, spending that much time for a common mod doesn't leave a good taste.

P.S. Lakspur also does nothing to him.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

Sounds like exactly the opponent we keep asking for 😕

Not sure it is in all honesty, while he's a 'bullet sponge' (primarily due to his damage reduction as he only has like 2.5k health) and his minions have quite high damage output (and immortality) he's not exactly the 'most intelligent' of enemies to fight.

While some of us would like 'harder enemies', even some which are just bullet sponges, I think most of us would prefer better AI over damage reduction so he can just absorb more damage. 

1 hour ago, Ver1dian said:

Good thing that supposedly he's getting an HP nerf and a damage buff.

He couldn't 1shot a half modded Revenant and lasted 30+ min, if he lasted 15, but could 1shot a fully modded Chroma, I'd find that way more interesting.

Every time I've encountered him (four times so far, I think?) he's been offensively weak -- easy to evade, and unable to deal enough damage to drop any frame I was running, even new low-rank ones. However, defensively, he's incredibly tough. Just...entire reserves of ammo spent bringing him down. Ammo pizzas used. I never use ammo pizzas!

Edited by Ham_Grenabe
  • Like 1

Huh, did they change him? Last time I encountered him on Loki (without his friends though) I just perma-invis'd him to death. He didn't even do anything. but stand there and twitch a bit.

Edited by marelooke