Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prestige rework (Nightwave over rank 30)

podbacx

Hello DE, 

Uhm... sorry to ask, but am I the only one that finds this un-motivating?
r31.jpg

r32.jpg

r33.jpg

r34.jpg

"Nora is all about incentivizing" she says, but after Rank 30 on Nightwave, you get continuously 15 Wolf Creds.... I find it a bit too low for the effort you put into reaching rank 30 and then surpassing it. I don't know... maybe have another look at it. Maybe increase a bit? 

Rank 31 - 15x Wolf Creds
Rank 32 - 20x Wolf Creds
Rank 33 - 25x Wolf Creds
....and cap at 50x (like the reward for Rank 27)

Or any other solution you see fit, since this is (again, in my opinion) not motivating at all.....

Thx

Edited by podbacx
re-uploaded better images
  • Like 6

Yup, nightwave was advertised as an easy way to get alert stuffs due to different playtime for different people, in a way it is still.... but overall I felt nightwave is not advantageous to newer players. If it is the old alert system, they could've gotten many stuffs already but now because of the 'little' wolf cred in nightwave, newer players will take long to get everything they want.

This is like a form of... false advertising.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, kyori said:

Yup, nightwave was advertised as an easy way to get alert stuffs due to different playtime for different people, in a way it is still.... but overall I felt nightwave is not advantageous to newer players. If it is the old alert system, they could've gotten many stuffs already but now because of the 'little' wolf cred in nightwave, newer players will take long to get everything they want.

This is like a form of... false advertising.

totally agree with you. Also, another (maybe unforeseen) consequence : the price for aura mods has increased dramatically on market... from 10-15p to 50-60p.... i dont know how much that helps lower MR players either

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Syasob said:

You know what 'soft cap' is, right? Nightwave was meant to be rewarding till rank 30 and then you gain nice bonuses for overfarming it, 15 creds look just fine for me.

I know 😉 But at the same time, to pass R30 should be rewarded in a way more than just wolf creds. Because me and others in this situation, will just stop doing Nightwave until the programme ends - which isn't a loss for anyone, i know :-) but it isn't a gain either.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, podbacx said:

totally agree with you. Also, another (maybe unforeseen) consequence : the price for aura mods has increased dramatically on market... from 10-15p to 50-60p.... i dont know how much that helps lower MR players either

Probably because in the past, a new player could just get lucky and grab the Aura's from alerts.

But now, they're locked behind a long grind to get wolf cred, plus waiting till Nora has them in offerings for the week.

In both cases there's still the RNG aspect -is it offered this week- vs -is there an Alert today-

So the added grind of NW ranking, combined with removing the hope that maybe you'll get lucky and grab one free from an Alert..

makes new players more willing to fork out the Plat and buy them

kinda ironic considering NW was supposedly supposed to make things more friendly to new players... "No more Free auras for you, either pay up or grind!"

• Like 2

DE keeps finding ways to alienate the players. There is no incentive to grind these missions out after 30. 

Yet another way they found to nerf players. Enough already. 

Nightwave is a joke. Between the lackluster rewards and the joke they call the wolf its just sad. Glad i got all those extra molten impacts from the 6 times he decides to show up. 

Things need to change and not in the direction DE is taking them. Less than 10% of the players registered showed up for the double X weekend because warframe is a shell of what it was or could be.

• Like 1

I agree 15 wolf credits for prestige is horribly disappointing. I just need to hit rank 5 now to buy 1 catalyst. Either put it to 30 each level or have it go up to motivate me to keep playing. Right now I earn less rewards as is as far as the rewards we need to purchase from nightwave.

• Like 1

Yeah, hit my rank 30 today. Not feeling this system and as a long time vet, it does not feel new player friendly. It feels like regression from the alert system in terms of player accessibility and should have been launched in -addition- to it. The game feels like a chore because I have to do nightwave (otherwise I miss out on things) which results in me not playing naturally and instead spending time on stuff I really don't need to be doing. (3 forma again? I don't have anything that I remotely want to forma. I have like over 50 forma invested across some of my primary weapons alone, not counting other categories.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zagrax said:

Yeah, hit my rank 30 today. Not feeling this system and as a long time vet, it does not feel new player friendly. It feels like regression from the alert system in terms of player accessibility and should have been launched in -addition- to it. The game feels like a chore because I have to do nightwave (otherwise I miss out on things) which results in me not playing naturally and instead spending time on stuff I really don't need to be doing. (3 forma again? I don't have anything that I remotely want to forma. I have like over 50 forma invested across some of my primary weapons alone, not counting other categories.

totally agree with every word you said! 

Well, i guess i'm not the only one that find this demotivating at all... 15 is too low for me, each rank you will be able to buy nitain only which i think i don't want to put my time and effort just to know that nitain is the only thing purchasable each rank, also being that wolf cred will reset each season is what motivates me to not do the next nightwave.

My only complaint regarding this is how potentially useless it can be. I mean, it's there at the end so it's mostly meant for veterans to take advantage of, and the people who can use it and needed, newer people, don't get to take that advantage. But I do believe that was the quickest solution in order to have *something* at the end, while allowing for some leeway for the people who can't reach R30 in 10 weeks, to achieve it while the hardcore players are there at the top already

Or, it could be something else in rotation... like, 1 veiled mod, 6000 kuva, 1 forma, 1m NON WOLF credit and so on.

honestly credit should be much more accessible in early and not later, imo.

Edited by Test-995

Already hit Rank 30 and 5 ranks passed it , just going to do nightwave until the end of this season. If all the following rewards are going to be wolf credits, I'm not bothering myself next season. 

Would be nice if they gave more incentive for finishing Rank 30 

• Like 1

I think Nightwave has a nice concept, and Nitain (kinda sorta) on demand is nice too.  I also can't argue with slots, forma, and kuva in particular as rewards along the way.  But  when it comes to creds, I think the cost (in time) is way too high for what what you can buy.  

I started prestiging today and was hoping for the usual 50 cred reward, and JFC was I disappointed when I saw it was 15.  Here I'm thinking "ok, I jumped through all these hoops to rank up Nightwave, now I'm gonna farm some wolf creds and buy a bunch of potatoes to save some plat."

Nope.

The problem with playing a free-to-play game is this: It doesn't matter that I've given this company about $100. I still have to endure policies and systems that are designed to extract money out of the general playerbase.  Honestly, I'd prefer a version of Warframe that retailed for $100 but in which you'd never have to buy frame and weapon slots, and things like nitain and potatoes were more readily farmable.  

I'm pretty tired of jumping through hoops. I don't know if I have the will to participate in the next Nightwave. Honestly when Sunday afternoon comes around and the new challenges roll out, that list stresses me out.  At this point I can do pretty much all of them, but it does force me into playing aspects of this game that A) I have no interest in, or B) don't have time for.  $*#*#$ Fishing and Mining, I'm looking at you.  Also, Forma'ing stuff should NEVER be a requirement.  Forma is precious, why ask me to spam forma into stuff I don't need? Ayatan sculptures? Are you kidding me? I'm lucky if I find one per week.  Now I have a stockpile of unfilled sculptures just wasting away in case it's a requirement again.  And don't get me started on 1 hour survivals. 

Who do they think we are?  I'm lucky if I have 2-3 hours a day to play, and that's on the high end.  I enjoy leveling my syndicates, cracking open some relics, maybe tackling a bounty or two in Cetus/Fortuna (I'm VERY slowly leveling those syndicates), doing the sortie etc.  I hate fishing.  Mining for more than 10 minutes makes me question what I'm doing with my life. 

Now that this Nightwave is essentially over, and the rewards have shown themselves to be so pathetic, perhaps this is a good time for me to step away and take a break.

On 2019-04-08 at 3:02 PM, podbacx said:

I don't know... maybe have another look at it. Maybe increase a bit? 

Rank 31 - 15x Wolf Creds
Rank 32 - 20x Wolf Creds
Rank 33 - 25x Wolf Creds
....and cap at 50x (like the reward for Rank 27)

That's not a rework, that's a buff. You're not asking for a change in how things function, you're just asking for more rewards. Which is fine, but, call it like it is.

sadness

I'm past Nightwave 30.

I've no need for more wolf creds...

and now I hear that they're extending the season out another month.
A full month of nothing to work towards.

given that its mostly higher level players who will get past 30, it'd be nice if the rewards included stuff useful to such players...

Wolf Cred currently buys, helmets, aura mods, catalysts. all of which you already have plenty of at that level.

Stuff I'd consider useful: kuva, formas, rare relic packs, ayatan sculptures/stars.