Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Enjoy your vacation until next NW season begin

Atekron

26 minutes ago, ChaosSabre said:

They said you need to complete round 60% of challenges to get it to the end. So no matter what you do you'll have to do majority of them.

but we have no idea how much is 60%. ive reached 30 and i skipped a few elites and weeklies. Depending on how much more time we have, i think NW so far is pretty forgiving.

So far you could have skipped the "with friends" challenges, PoE bounties, Ayatan slotting bounties and still reach 30 this week. Most of the challenges that people complained about on forums could've been skipped. I know, because i skipped quite a few. I thought i was on pace to ride it out until the end, but i got to 30 surprisingly fast. 

Edited by Hypernaut1

The issue is we dont know what kind of challenges are up ahead. There is always the "what if next week's challenge is even worse than this week?"

Cleared every single daily, weekly, elite and I only reached rank 30 this week.

Easy solutions will be

1. All challenges in the 10 weeks are visible from day one of each season
2. In addition to solution 1, players will be able to pick which challenges (still the same number of daily, weekly, elite per week) they want at the beginning of each week

Nightwave rework solutions:

1. Removing the tier concept and just place all rewards into the cred shop. Completing challenges gives wolf creds directly. (For special items like umbra forma, it can be limited to 1 purchase per season)
2. Removing the timeliness of each season. (basically seasons last forever but players can pick which one they want to be active and only one can be active at any given time)

10 hours ago, Leyers_of_facade said:

The issue is we dont know what kind of challenges are up ahead. There is always the "what if next week's challenge is even worse than this week?"

Cleared every single daily, weekly, elite and I only reached rank 30 this week.

Easy solutions will be

1. All challenges in the 10 weeks are visible from day one of each season
2. In addition to solution 1, players will be able to pick which challenges (still the same number of daily, weekly, elite per week) they want at the beginning of each week

1. Removing the tier concept and just place all rewards into the cred shop. Completing challenges gives wolf creds directly. (For special items like umbra forma, it can be limited to 1 purchase per season)
2. Removing the timeliness of each season. (basically seasons last forever but players can pick which one they want to be active and only one can be active at any given time)

ugh, do you want someone to hold your hand during the missions that reward things for NW, as well?

I haven't played since I got Hildryn from Buried Debts. Nightwave just kept making me think "You know what, I need to vacuum my house." or "I need to do dishes." and it really rubbed it in my face that I could have exactly as much fun grinding out five ayatans as I would doing dishes, except with one I would have completed a boring chore for basically little to no reward, and with the other I would have clean dishes.

Nightwave has made me stop playing because the only thing I'm even remotely interested in is the high tier rewards from progression(I have EVERYTHING IN THE GAME that requires Nitain built as well as about 80 nitain as well as 20+ catalysts/reactors) and I just kept feeling like "When can I get a vacation from Warframe?". I realized that this feels almost exactly like a job that I'm not exactly getting paid for with the constant feeling like "I have to do this week because next week might be even worse" and "I have to do the 1 hour garbage mission because the ayatan one might show up again"(I've been keeping an eye on the objectives via a youtuber, IT DID).

Edited by Braneman

I will do 1 more since i still need 1 more umbra forma on my chroma.

Notheless i will aquire more wolf creds while i'm at it, i don't mind playing warframe, while i sometimes dislike certain challenges (especially eidolons and forcing the waste of resources (like forma), everything else seems fine by me.

Nightwave has kind of sickened me tbh.  I've got 2k hrs and used to love the game but am actively looking for something else to play now, just started Diablo to give that a try. 

Can't stand the thought of another 10 weeks of being told what to do in the game, even if a lot of the challenges take care of themselves that isn't fun for me.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

I've got 2k hrs and used to love the game but am actively looking for something else to play now, just started Diablo to give that a try. 

I do really enjoy playing LoL, I don't care about ranking and do play almost exclusively ARAM, the most important thing to me is not rewards, they are not important, gameplay itself is fun, shoking right?

15 hours ago, Leyers_of_facade said:

so you basically want token system, like in some good events(plague star) and to skip pointless garbage rewards, grind and necessity to log in every day?

yeah, will never happen

17 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

but we have no idea how much is 60%. ive reached 30 and i skipped a few elites and weeklies. Depending on how much more time we have, i think NW so far is pretty forgiving.

We do.

Steve has stated that this will las 10-11 weeks. We get 43,000 Total in challenges per week. Thats 430,000 - 473,000 Points. You need 300,000 to max it. Thats from 69-63% completition, without counting the fugitives for bonuses (Which is how some people got to Rank 30 much earlier).

Its a bit forgiving, in terms of how you can get there, but also a bit punishing if you miss too much.

7 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

We do.

Steve has stated that this will las 10-11 weeks. We get 43,000 Total in challenges per week. Thats 430,000 - 473,000 Points. You need 300,000 to max it. Thats from 69-63% completition, without counting the fugitives for bonuses (Which is how some people got to Rank 30 much earlier).

Its a bit forgiving, in terms of how you can get there, but also a bit punishing if you miss too much.

Seems good on paper until it's realized how Elite tasks take a good chunk out of the total themselves.

15k in particular which is a good third of the total right there. It leaves way too little room for players not in the later parts of the game to complete certain tasks. I can't do the Venus stuff because I don't have all that's needed to effectively farm out 6 rare fish and gems from the Vallis (Frankly, sitting around and hoping a rare fish pops up is quite boring). Rare mod gathering is also a huge pain of a task because it doesn't count when they're given as rewards. I'm sure I've gotten more than eight rare mods by now, but it only counted two.

Nightwave is just taking too much time out of what I really want to do because Nora only gives me so much time for what she wants me to do. It's making the whole system pretty tiring to me.

Yeah well due to how much Nightwave sucks, how it is structured and how much it disrespects the player, I cannot get the last three (the only three things from NW I even wanted)... Really saddened and demotivated by this and really disappointed in DE for making it the way it is. Real shame and a stain on DE's name this one.

I cannot express how disappointed and hurt I am.

I don’t mind the addition of Nightwave. As a new player of the game, there is so much to do and so little time. Reputation hunting is fun, crafting, gathering, fishing, mining, scanning, bounties... there’s so much to do. The environment is immersive.

On 2019-04-11 at 2:19 PM, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

And that is sad, imo. I believe how fun new game content is should determine its viability. Sadly, because Warframe is a looter shooter, everything's about the rewards (perhaps because so little is fun without them?).

In an ideal scenario, yes. 

However, I'm on that end of the extreme. I like loot, and something that rewards my time. Arbitrations, ESO, Exploiter, etc. 

Ever since Fortuna dropped I've never been to Cetus as I had gotten everything I wanted. Only Nightwave and Thumpers got me back, and that was only for the barest requirements to get what I wanted.  The same will happen when we get the next open world. 

Nightwave was just another attempt by DE to retain veteran players and keep them playing but it really doesn't seem like it worked that well. Its just a band-aid to try to cover the real issue, which is that the endgame is Warframe is pretty bad. This is a large issue because its very possible to reach endgame in just a couple months of play, and there's really not much to do once you have a favorite weapon, a favorite frame, and a riven for that weapon (but now they're nerfing rivens so lets just scratch that part). I'm really hoping The New War releases a lot of content intended for high level players with rewards that are very difficult to get, and very rare. I know a lot of people who really enjoy the gameplay of Warframe but after a certain point there's just not much to do.

Destiny has PvP/crucible which keeps a lot of people playing, and PvP obviously doesn't work very well in WF due to the movement system. Thus, DE needs to provide some sort of replayable content that keeps high level, veteran players entertaining and continuing to play the game in a similar fashion.

Edited by WhySoFishy