Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alad V is overused

Lokryn

42 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

There is a reason why he is used so much. Alad V is an Orokin, he knows secrets about all the factions we fight in the game and he has a lot of potential in the future game lore because of this.

If you're referring to when Hunhow called Alad an Orokin during one of our quests, pretty sure that was just because Hunhow doesn't see the distinctions in social classes within the human species and thus more or less views us all as Orokin. It wasn't canonical confirmation Alad V was a genuine Orokin survivor. 

Honestly, I vastly prefer Alad V over Vay Hek or Vor, now those two are some of the weakest villains in Warframe's story. Also we had Nef Anyo for Fortuna, another one I actually enjoy. The Corpus villains are actually much more interesting than the Grineer ones in general. 

EDIT: After giving it a second thought, Kela and Tyl Regor are actually better grineer villains, a shame they don't get as much story time as Vor and Vay Hek do. 

Edited by --END--Rikutatis

23 minutes ago, Cubewano said:

If you're referring to when Hunhow called Alad an Orokin during one of our quests, pretty sure that was just because Hunhow doesn't see the distinctions in social classes within the human species and thus more or less views us all as Orokin. It wasn't canonical confirmation Alad V was a genuine Orokin survivor. 

There are many Orokins hidden in the game, some within our enemies Ranks. The Grineer Witch Queen is one example, tho her body isnt her original one, she has the power to switch bodies for her continuity.

26 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

There are many Orokins hidden in the game, some within our enemies Ranks. The Grineer Witch Queen is one example, tho her body isnt her original one, she has the power to switch bodies for her continuity.

I'm aware, not sure it changes this conversation. 

I started playing warframe last year sometime so these villains don't seem that threatening to me. You basically speed run and wipe them off their star chart map so fast they can't even finish their monologue, so I'm just not invested in their story. 

The only exception is ballas and that's because of the sacrifice quest.

hace 2 horas, Lokryn dijo:

I really enjoy Warframe and love the story overall but, and maybe it's just me, I feel like DE is using Alad V too much in the story. I was thrilled when they introduced another baddie but now Alad V is working with the Wolf of Saturn Six too?

The system is huge and yet we have very few named bad guys. Alad V has been at almost every step of the way throughout the story and it just makes the system feel small and the story a bit shallow. Why not introduce another Corpus Director or an associate of Alad V's? I understand the concept of using characters that have a history with the player but I think they have overdone it with Alad V. 

I think is more about the place, Jupiter, the Gas City, where Alad V is boss

I don't mind salad five showing up again, but this implementation feels rather nonsensical unless this is being retroactively shoved in to have actually been BEFORE all of his other existing lore appearances.

Which it might be, since some people were pointing out that he seemed to lack his post-mutalist facial scars.

but after everything that's happened, even if he somehow got back into the corpus after losing everything, the idea that he'd be so stupid as to try to have the wolf actively "hunt" us is just... why. He KNOWS how stupid and futile that is. He's fully aware of what a horrifying force the tenno are... AND, at this point, likely fully aware that the warframes are remote controlled husks and that even if he kills or captures one it doesn't actually hurt us in any way and will just make attacks against him fiercer. (on which note someone commented on never forgiving him for the "fallen tenno"; there are no fallen tenno, just fallen remote controlled wardrones.)

Edited by OvisCaedo

3 hours ago, Lokryn said:

makes the system feel small and the story a bit shallow

Because the story(and lore) is shallow(I can say the same for Warframe in general even tho I love it),lacking any depth or reason to be invested to give a damn about this universe and is severely needs fleshing out but that won't happen anytime soon since DE is too small,seems to not even have a writer and don't have the time and resources even after 6 years. But back to topic, No Alad V is not overused because he needs A LOT more fleshing out and that Warframe could be so much more than it currently is.   

2 minutes ago, (PS4)CommanderRadec81 said:

Because the story(and lore) is shallow(I can say the same for Warframe in general even tho I love it),lacking any depth or reason to be invested to give a damn about this universe and is severely needs fleshing out but that won't happen anytime soon since DE is too small,seems to not even have a writer and don't have the time and resources even after 6 years. But back to topic, No Alad V is not overused because he needs A LOT more fleshing out and that Warframe could be so much more than it currently is.   

Fair point. If DE added more story and depth to the game then it wouldn't seem like Alad V is overused as much as he does. They don't have a writer? They should have a team of writers and maybe a Loremaster too. I guess I shouldn't expect so much out of a F2P game. Their business model seems to be working so I can't fault them from a business standpoint.

• Like 1

Personally I dont like the corpus in general, Id rather see more Grineer focused work. When I look at the artwork and concept designs of anything Grineer related, like the environments, it gives this very dark and strange theme that I love and I wish they would build upon more, but instead everything feels like its becoming more cartoony and overall silly with them.

Personal opinion? I'm eagerly anticipateing the day Doc Tengus takes to the field. My own extrapolations and concept designs aside, he seems like a fascinating amoral character that could recur like Alad does.

That, and, where the ell is our Hover-boarding sergeant replacement who is Anyo's nepotically-promoted cousin? So much fun to be had with these two, when/if the time comes.

• Like 2

plus, wasnt he supposed to have glowing purple scars after being cured of the infestation? i thought he wasnt gonna bother us after all that

also, he isnt working with the wolf, hes taken control of the wolf

the only reason i can think of with why theyre doing this is cause the gas city tile set rework is coming, alad V is the boss for that tile set and this is supposed to be set before any of the sh1t weve done involving alad V

Edited by Joltyboi

5 hours ago, Lokryn said:

I really enjoy Warframe and love the story overall but, and maybe it's just me, I feel like DE is using Alad V too much in the story. I was thrilled when they introduced another baddie but now Alad V is working with the Wolf of Saturn Six too?

The system is huge and yet we have very few named bad guys. Alad V has been at almost every step of the way throughout the story and it just makes the system feel small and the story a bit shallow. Why not introduce another Corpus Director or an associate of Alad V's? I understand the concept of using characters that have a history with the player but I think they have overdone it with Alad V. 

Alad V should have been done when we killed him on Jupiter. But he's still here and, yes, certainly overused. So is Vay Hek. So was Vor when they decided to have him keep showing up. So is Nef Anyo. But DE isn't willing to create a lot of new characters all the time, for some reason. I guess they figure players want existing characters instead of new ones. I'm not one of those players. They should've made the Wolf an actual character instead of just a voiceless miniboss. Then he could be his own boss instead of having Alad V randomly involved with these Grineer enemies. And if they absolutely needed some enemy pulling the strings, it should've been Tengus, not Alad V. I get the desire to tie stuff into their Jupiter rework, but this ain't it, chief. The Amalgam enemies shouldn't even be on Jupiter, imo. Should've been on Orb Vallis. But that's a discussion for another time.

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n

3 hours ago, (PS4)CommanderRadec81 said:

Warframe's story and lore is not shallow at all, quite the opposite. What might be shallow is the story told through the Starchart questline, specially the first part before the cinematic quests started with the Second Dream. But the lore goes a LOT deeper than the quests, even the cinematic ones. Most of the lore and story can be found through codex entries, Simaris scanning entries, a few item descriptions, more recently off game comics, etc. It's like a jigsaw puzzle for you to piece together.

I would consider WF's story and world building as good as Borderlands 2, it's just that Borderlands 2 has MUCH better characters, NPCs and villains. 

I recommend Xayl and StallordD on youtube for two really good content creators that cover and discuss WF's lore in depth. 

Edited by --END--Rikutatis
  • Like 1

On 2019-04-11 at 8:31 PM, --END--Rikutatis said:

Most of the lore and story can be found through codex entries, Simaris scanning entries, a few item descriptions, more recently off game comics, etc. 

It's the devs responsibility for the player to able to understand the story(in-game) without the lore because lore is mainly to add backstory to the universe and rules of how everything works in that universe etc. just please don't make excuse for DE(I don't want them to explain everything to the player just don't make it so convoluted like WH40k) when they mess up because this is the same issue that Destiny struggles with.

It's like a jigsaw puzzle for you to piece together.

It's Dark souls all over again isn't it?

Borderlands 2

IDK I personally DGAS about Borderlands' story or characters except Handsome Jack.

Xayl and StallordD on youtube for two really good content creators that cover and discuss WF's lore in depth. 

I'm been subbed to both of them for over a year already. If I wanted to read and listen to rich and in depth lore I would rather it be Mass Effect,Halo,Destiny,Star Wars(pre-disney),Star Trek,LoTR,Legacy of Kain,Elder Scrolls etc. Warframe just doesn't meet the standards of both quality & quantity.

I don't hate Warframe I'm just disappointed that even after 6 years it still struggles to do anything well besides it's art style.

Edited by (PS4)CommanderRadec81
  • Like 1

It's easy to see that the Grineer bosses we kill aren't ever really dead. Since they clone, it makes sense. Just look at it in the context that pretty much all Grineer bosses are people. The Corpus on the other hand use proxies in many instances. I think the only humanoid bosses from the Corpus are Alad V and The Sergeant(who is forever a menacing threat to the system).

Nothing says the Corpus can't also clone their own people if they are in fact the ones that sell the technology to the Grineer. That is purely speculation on my part, of course.

7 hours ago, TeaVice said:

Personally I dont like the corpus in general, Id rather see more Grineer focused work. When I look at the artwork and concept designs of anything Grineer related, like the environments, it gives this very dark and strange theme that I love and I wish they would build upon more, but instead everything feels like its becoming more cartoony and overall silly with them.

May I interest you with this:

9 minutes ago, Zeclem said:

sergeant is nef anyo. hes far from severely left behind. 

Not really, no. It is true that the person who is now called Sergeant was called Nef Anyo before, but DE decided to use that name for a different character, the lul-capitalism-bad clown that we know and hate. The Sergeant was supposed to be a placeholder for Derf Anyo, Nef's protegee. Obviously DE can't even be bothered to remove the placeholders that are all over the place (Phorid's model, all of the Corrupted), so Sergeant is still here.

• Like 1