Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alad V is overused

Lokryn

I really enjoy Warframe and love the story overall but, and maybe it's just me, I feel like DE is using Alad V too much in the story. I was thrilled when they introduced another baddie but now Alad V is working with the Wolf of Saturn Six too?

The system is huge and yet we have very few named bad guys. Alad V has been at almost every step of the way throughout the story and it just makes the system feel small and the story a bit shallow. Why not introduce another Corpus Director or an associate of Alad V's? I understand the concept of using characters that have a history with the player but I think they have overdone it with Alad V. 

Edited by Lokryn
  • Like 16

I find the opposite actually. This game generates and neglects so many villains that I love it when we can actually stick with something for once, especially when its an entertaining enough character.

Tyl regor, you saw him from an event which gave some context but now that it's gone all we have is a 1 off bossfight. Vor's story pretty much ended really quick. Kela is again only really expanded on in the event and past that it's not a contextless 1-off boss. Same with ambulus... Ruk... The only people who keep coming up is Nef anyo, vay hek, and now alad V is making a comeback. It can get stale but I vastly prefer getting more of decent characters than just throwing everything new away constantly.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

But then they would have to spend an entire day on making a new npc that would still end up reusing 99% of assets already found in the game.

Not really, there's one corpus npc/boss that has been severely left behind they could've used - The Sergeant.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Annnoth said:

I find the opposite actually. This game generates and neglects so many villains that I love it when we can actually stick with something for once, especially when its an entertaining enough character.

Tyl regor, you saw him from an event which gave some context but now that it's gone all we have is a 1 off bossfight. Vor's story pretty much ended really quick. Kela is again only really expanded on in the event and past that it's not a contextless 1-off boss. Same with ambulus... Ruk... The only people who keep coming up is Nef anyo, vay hek, and now alad V is making a comeback. It can get stale but I vastly prefer getting more of decent characters than just throwing everything new away constantly.

Fair point. I guess I just don't find Alad V all that entertaining. Perhaps if they fleshed out his motivations or go into his past a bit more, I would find him less shallow of a character (from a story standpoint).

3 minutes ago, Annnoth said:

Alad has 2 boss fights, is a part of story quests and was a part of events. Maybe some villains wouldn't feel so neglected if Alad didn't have a hand in pretty much everything in the lore since his debut.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, AXCrusnik said:

Alad has 2 boss fights, is a part of story quests and was a part of events. Maybe some villains wouldn't feel so neglected if Alad didn't have a hand in pretty much everything in the lore since his debut.

Pretty much this. Can't wait for the day when we can kill the little S#&$ once and for all so we can get some more interesting villians in rotation.  

• Like 3

you say that, but Nef got some time in the limelight with Fortuna, and until now we hadn't had any contact with Alad V since the Acolytes tried to kill him and he called in his "favour". besides, Jupiter's getting remastered, and he's the Jupiter Boss, so what do you expect? hopefully if/when phobos gets remastered we'll have a proper Nef Anyo fight Instead of Sgt. Pushover.

10 minutes ago, Oreades said:

I just want to know when Animo is going to make a triumphant comeback. 

probably never, Animo got blown up along with Frohd Bek in the Ambulas reborn fight. I highly doubt either of them are coming back, unless they suddenly say "oh, Ergo Glast totally had a back-up drive", which wouldn't make much sense.

16 minutes ago, Lokryn said:

I really enjoy Warframe and love the story overall but, and maybe it's just me, I feel like DE is using Alad V too much in the story. I was thrilled when they introduced another baddie but now Alad V is working with the Wolf of Saturn Six too?

The system is huge and yet we have very few named bad guys. Alad V has been at almost every step of the way throughout the story and it just makes the system feel small and the story a bit shallow. Why not introduce another Corpus Director or an associate of Alad V's? I understand the concept of using characters that have a history with the player but I think they have overdone it with Alad V. 

There is a reason why he is used so much. Alad V is an Orokin, he knows secrets about all the factions we fight in the game and he has a lot of potential in the future game lore because of this.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

probably never, Animo got blown up along with Frohd Bek in the Ambulas reborn fight. I highly doubt either of them are coming back, unless they suddenly say "oh, Ergo Glast totally had a back-up drive", which wouldn't make much sense.

They ejected the bridge module, and someone like Bek would have kept Animo close by or at the very least it should have been able to copy itself into the bridge control systems before the ship kerploded. 

Personally I'd love a mission/story arc where we start getting distress calls and it turns out to be Animo. 

Edited by Oreades

2 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

Eh, Bek was yelling to his crew to "eject the bridge module" just before the ship blew up, so I'd say his fate is left ambiguous. Not that I'd care to see him again, he's a very generic greedy businessman. Alad V has a bit more character IMO.

Edited by SordidDreams

I rather enjoyed seeing our old buddy Alad V make another appearance. Especially him theoretically sending a buffed up Wolf after us. I was a little worried after our last reluctant partnership that he was going to start changing his ways and become a force the Tenno could rely upon. I will always despise this foe and I will never forgive him for the atrocities he has committed against my fellow fallen Tenno. I enjoy his story, his arch, and look forward to exacting revenge against this monster. 

The biggest mistake DE made with bosses was killing Vor and/or Tyr Regor.  Both had goals and presented a real escalating threat to the system - Vor with his fascination towards the Warframes and his ability to meld Orokin and Grineer tech, and Tyr Regor with his pursuit for better, improved Grineer.  The rest of them just sort of exist in their little niche, but these two were real dangers with the potential to change the status quo, and all they got is a quest/event that we can't even experience again and an assassination mission.  A shame, really.  Now Vor only exists as an annoying mini boss in a select few nodes in the void where he gives a meme worthy speech that ultimately means nothing to us.

Alad V is like the last force in the system with the actual capability to change the status quo.  Nef Anyo, though given more screen time, is really just a $#!%-head parody of real world investors and CEO's.

Edited by Lost_Cartographer
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Lost_Cartographer said:

The biggest mistake DE made with bosses was killing Vor and/or Tyr Regor.  Both had goals and presented a real escalating threat to the system - Vor with his fascination towards the Warframes and his ability to meld Orokin and Grineer tech, and Tyr Regor with his pursuit for better, improved Grineer.  The rest of them just sort of exist in their little niche, but these two were real dangers, and all they got is a quest/event that we can't even experience again.  A shame, really.

They could probably retcon both Vor and Tyl back into the game. I mean Vor is essentially nebulous void energy at this point so who even knows if he can be killed by anything short of a 1v1 Operator fight (please don't do it DE) and Tyl .... well it looked like we killed Alad V a couple times and he keeps coming back like a bad rash so why not the Grineer with the smoothest voice this side of Tau system. 

inb4: the wolf is secretly a deposed Tyl Regor 

Edited by Oreades
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

There is a reason why he is used so much. Alad V is an Orokin, he knows secrets about all the factions we fight in the game and he has a lot of potential in the future game lore because of this.

I admit my knowledge of the lore is limited but has this been confirmed? I just assumed Hunhow called Alad an Orokin because he didn't care to differentiate between them and the Corpus. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Lokryn said:

I admit my knowledge of the lore is limited but has this been confirmed? I just assumed Hunhow called Alad an Orokin because he didn't care to differentiate between them and the Corpus. 

There are 2 types of Orokin in this game: The Orokin caste, which were the rulers and the Orokin citizens, who were part of the Orokin Empire.

If the Corpus are descendants of the people who lived in that Era, then he is as Hunhow said "Orokin blood" and an "Orokin" by default.

I dont think Hunhow knows or cares for the differences.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

Who is a Sniper Crewman with a fancy paint-over on his helmet and different colour of clothes:

He's an existing character. I'm hoping they do what they did to old Hyena Pack - reworked them. When I suggest to use him I didn't mean just copy and paste but actually get him on the rework list.

Edited by NekroArts
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Lokryn said:

This is how I read it. Last Hunhow was aware, there was the Orokin Empire. That between then and now the Orokin were overthrown and the Corpus and Grineer splintered off is, to him, unknown/irrelevant.