Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Wolf too tanky for anyone else?

Zahnrad

1 hour ago, (XB1)J3K said:

Except when he spawns in when everyone is only carrying the one weapon they're ranking up. It doesn't help morale that he also broke the mission... wave 5 never ended and we couldn't extract after the 17ish min slogfest of wearing him down.

So dont you think it would be wise to also bring one good crit radiation weapon along with you?  Sure it may take a bit longer to level what your working on but its still better than a 20 minute boss fight or aborted mission.  At least for the time being

Just realized others have had the same response.  My bad.  Nothing to see here

Edited by (PS4)Ashagin

INTERCEPTED DOCUMENT: full list of items stolen from Saturn-6 during the recent breakout:

- approximately 500,000 assorted small arms, primarily the Karaks and Sheevs wielded by the Guards who were killed in the breakout.

- untold number of improvised Incendiary devices, possibly made using material smuggled into Saturn 6 prior to the Breakout

- one very large, heavily modified Sledgehammer, currently believed to be the "Wolf"s personal weapon.

- absolutely every damn scrap of metal thick enough to stop a bullet. seriously, pots, pans, metal walls, any retrievable steel has been taken and added to the Wolf's armour. unclear how heavy his armor is, most likely in the "impenetrable" category.

all Saturn Fleet ships requested to help rebuild Saturn 6 with immediate effect. for the Queens.

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7

I've seen a lvl 71 and 80 wolf so far since nightwave started. Even the lvl 71 took a really long time to kill. like 30mins with a 3 man of pugs, where I did over 50% of the dmg, while lvling prisma grems (has a riven so isnt terrible at all, tho I had to use 20 ammo pizzas.. ). The 80 was just pretty much just abort level absurd

I think he is too strong. Every time this dud appeared, like 3 times, one in Venus, one on Earth and one in Jupiter. Was impossible to beat him. 10 - 15 minutes shooting him like there is no tomorrow and barely cause him damage, he lost barely half of his health. Plus those 3 annoying partner of him, which take no damage. 

All the time he appeared I was with leveling up stuff, so this could have helped. But on the last time, we were a team of 4, and was boring and frustrating. 

I think it would be cool if you could predict when or where it would appear, like that event of the Assassins, which showed a planet and that it would be there. Or if kill an amount of fugitive improved the odds of him appear. 

I find it extremely telling that most people who are saying "He dies quick" are also saying their build has a Riven.

No bloody #&^% he's dying fast then, you likely have powercreep levels that can take out level 300+ enemies, for the other 95% of the playerbase who don't have or care about Rivens this fight takes in-between "a while" and "too freaking long".

Not everyone has wasted time/money on getting Riven mods that trivialize the entire game.

5 minutes ago, Aldain said:

I find it extremely telling that most people who are saying "He dies quick" are also saying their build has a Riven.

No bloody #&^% he's dying fast then, you likely have powercreep levels that can take out level 300+ enemies, for the other 95% of the playerbase who don't have or care about Rivens this fight takes in-between "a while" and "too freaking long".

Not everyone has wasted time/money on getting Riven mods that trivialize the entire game.

It doesn't need a riven tbh, any high damage weapon will do. What's important is that it does radiation damage. After that, a riven probably only cuts about 1 minute out of the fight time. Oh and make sure it's not a slash based weapon for the IPS.

Edited by Zilchy

1 minute ago, Zilchy said:

It doesn't need a riven tbh, any high damage weapon will do. What's important is that it does radiation damage. After that, a riven probably only cuts about 1 minute out of the fight time.

I can't honestly deny that in the case of the Rubico Prime, but many other weapons don't have that level of punch without them, especially when some need a massive crit Riven to achieve similar amounts of damage.

I finally broke down and now am running a Rubico Prime in every mission as Chroma just because of how sick I am of fighting a boring lazily designed bullet sponge. If it weren't for me doing that the 3 times he's invaded in the past day would have been utter slogs.

But just because he dies to the Rubico Prime doesn't mean he's good enemy design, because ANYTHING IN THE GAME dies to a well modded Rubico Prime, hell its in the top three weapons for killing Eidolons and Profit-taker.

I just want more people who are saying he takes no time to realize just how UTTERLY BONKERS their damage output is and how unlikely it is that many people can casually take down level 300+ enemies like they are level 1. The Wolf is a bad symptom of just how out of control the Power Creep has gotten in this game.

Just now, Aldain said:

I can't honestly deny that in the case of the Rubico Prime, but many other weapons don't have that level of punch without them, especially when some need a massive crit Riven to achieve similar amounts of damage.

I finally broke down and now am running a Rubico Prime in every mission as Chroma just because of how sick I am of fighting a boring lazily designed bullet sponge. If it weren't for me doing that the 3 times he's invaded in the past day would have been utter slogs.

But just because he dies to the Rubico Prime doesn't mean he's good enemy design, because ANYTHING IN THE GAME dies to a well modded Rubico Prime, hell its in the top three weapons for killing Eidolons and Profit-taker.

I just want more people who are saying he takes no time to realize just how UTTERLY BONKERS their damage output is and how unlikely it is that many people can casually take down level 300+ enemies like they are level 1. The Wolf is a bad symptom of just how out of control the Power Creep has gotten in this game.

Well I mean in a lot of cases in the game, a weapon with higher damage per shot is going to do better, take the new thumpers for example. But I've killed Wolf with Catchmoon, Euphona prime and even pyrana prime(despite the slash IPS) so it can be done with a range of weapons. The main thing is to always strip his armour, just stick shattering impact on your melee instead of beserker or something, or use a kitty for the resource buff and give it sharpened claws. Wolf goes down pretty quick like this.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2019-04-12 at 3:28 PM, Zahnny said:

Since the updated Sentient-Wolf I've fought him twice (surprising RNG I know) but even then we can barely make a scratch on him no matter our weapons.

First time it took over 20 minutes in a faction exterminate mission before we could beat him (and was awarded a 120% elemental damage mod for it)

Second time I preped my Larkspur and even after hosing him with it until the ammo ran out it barely dented his health. Was a nightmare mission too so we couldn't summon specter support and had to give up (it was a rescue mission also so the target kept nearly bleeding out)

Is there some hidden tactic I'm missing or is Wolf even more tanky than he was upon the start of Nightwave? Hoping he gets nerfed before the weekend starts.

Hide contents

I don't mean no disrespect but if you came here to say I'm a bad player because I'm not using tigris modded with x1000 damage and warframe abilities, then I'm going to kindly say I don't subscribe to that playstyle, and shouldn't be required to for something that can happen to players of all skill levels.

Spoiler

I don't mean no disrespect but not all content should be available to all players.  And not all content should be available to good players if they choose to use poor weapons for the task at hand.  If you came here looking for validation because you were ill prepared then I'm kindly going to say its your own fault.  Threats in games are real - and lower level players are less equipped to deal with those threats - thats how it goes.

People complaining they couldn't beat him with unlevelled weapons.  And sorry - but an archgun?  

If you have the right weapons (or gear), he is not hard. If you don't he is. It really is that simple.  People can choose to bring whatever they want to any mission - but they should know his 4% appearance chance on low level and 6% appearance on "higher" level.  If you didn't account for him showing up, and don't want to fight him, leave the mission.  Or suffer through 20 minutes of tickling him. Or bring one of the myriad of things that will take him out easily.  And if you don't have access to anything that will hurt him, you are not ready to fight him - learn from it and move on.

45 minutes ago, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I don't mean no disrespect but not all content should be available to all players.  And not all content should be available to good players if they choose to use poor weapons for the task at hand.  If you came here looking for validation because you were ill prepared then I'm kindly going to say its your own fault.  Threats in games are real - and lower level players are less equipped to deal with those threats - thats how it goes.

People complaining they couldn't beat him with unlevelled weapons.  And sorry - but an archgun?  

If you have the right weapons (or gear), he is not hard. If you don't he is. It really is that simple.  People can choose to bring whatever they want to any mission - but they should know his 4% appearance chance on low level and 6% appearance on "higher" level.  If you didn't account for him showing up, and don't want to fight him, leave the mission.  Or suffer through 20 minutes of tickling him. Or bring one of the myriad of things that will take him out easily.  And if you don't have access to anything that will hurt him, you are not ready to fight him - learn from it and move on.

Which would be acceptable if there was a way to *avoid* him.  There is not.  If he shows up and you can't kill him, he'll screw up your mission.  Usually after either forcing you to quit, or wasting an absurd amount of time trying to beat an enemy you can't damage.  He *might* barely be acceptable if he was a boss with a fixed location.  People who don't want to fight him or aren't ready for him could just NOT go there.

Instead he can show up anywhere and basically auto-fail your mission for you.

Hmmm, im always running my Plague Kripath Zaw, full on Condition Overload and crit Maiming Strike/Blood Rush build, modded for Radiation, if i meet him solo, he goes down in like 5 seconds, met him on Hydron in full squad, he was level 70+, all 3 team mates were useless did no damage and just kept dying, took me around 3 minutes, and i also revived a couple folks in that time. Dunno if my Kavat with Sharpened claws worked on him tho, since i keep hearing that its supposed to work and strip his armor. The tip for using archgun i found very ineffective, im always running my Imperator Vandal with a build for Profit Takes so full on Crit and Radiation, didnt even see his HP going down. I suggest ALWAYS bringing a strong Crit focused weapon fully modded for Radiation to all your missions.

I've only seen him twice. First time on Jupiter and he wasted me pretty quickly. Second time was on Venus and I only just managed to take him down. Both times I was running a maxed-out Inaros, with about 4k health (no fancy mods) and a maxed out Braton Prime.

So yeah - I would say he's too tanky for me.

Edited by FlusteredFerret

Nah, don't worry I use powercreep Catchmoon now to deal with Wolf.

I know this is a very rare and situational encounter, though with the Unvaulting it may be more common.

Void lasers from death orbs and other laser traps can shred the Wolf in a matter of seconds. They deal radiation as their damage anyway.

• Like 1

The REAL problem with the Wolf is his goons...they are invincible, they use napalm Molotovs that nukes your frame WITH 100% accuracy even when your at 1km.

The goons also use a Karak assault rifle that always hit and melt your frame (I never knew the Karak was that OP I think I'll build it).

Here's a picture from earlier. This was a Rescue on Pluto. Kudos to my team for hanging in there and putting up with this metal dumpster.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/242778492800860160/573096140820447232/unknown.png

Total mission time took 11m 18s. I dealt the most damage by a huge margin at 69%. Not tanky at all. /sarcasm

It's honestly putting me off of running higher level fissures because, if he spawns, it's going to be a slog.

Also, as the above poster states, the goons are just overkill. With so much HP they can deal insane levels of damage. Crowd control does work on them, though.

Edit: This was his second appearance for me today on Pluto. The first time was much the same. First time we got a hammer part(duplicate) and the second time we got a faaaaabulous Molten Impact!

Edited by ArcKnight9202

1 hour ago, ArcKnight9202 said:

Here's a picture from earlier. This was a Rescue on Pluto. Kudos to my team for hanging in there and putting up with this metal dumpster.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/242778492800860160/573096140820447232/unknown.png

Total mission time took 11m 18s. I dealt the most damage by a huge margin at 69%. Not tanky at all. /sarcasm

It's honestly putting me off of running higher level fissures because, if he spawns, it's going to be a slog.

Also, as the above poster states, the goons are just overkill. With so much HP they can deal insane levels of damage. Crowd control does work on them, though.

Edit: This was his second appearance for me today on Pluto. The first time was much the same. First time we got a hammer part(duplicate) and the second time we got a faaaaabulous Molten Impact!

Just gear for him, or prepare for a slog, your choice of course. You can chop him down in under 2 minutes with a good weapon. Modifying 1 gun or your melee in your loadout to deal with him is all it takes. I feel sorry for the level 25 Wolf that spawned earlier lol, he died in 15 seconds, literally. 

Edited by Zilchy

Went into mot. Had me oberon, a mesa, two saryns. 15 mins of me picking the meta frames off the ground multiple times spite they have my 400 armor buff and 90ish a second regen, wolfy spawned. Mesa ran for extraction immediately, the two saryns tried to fight wolfy, picked up their asses, then they immediately ran. I saw that wolfy was lv 80. I took my riven tiberon p, stripped his armor, then smashed him with my riven Gram prime that can do up to 600k crits on normal mobs. I got wolfy bp, immediately linked to all 3 cowards in whisper the 200 plat worth bp. They provided the salt, I provided the lawlz. 

Was a good day. 

• Like 1