Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is it possible to get every Warframe without buying platinum?

Cewl_Cat

Non Primes: Yes, they are obtained usually from bosses on each planet or a quest, with a few exceptions

Non Vaulted Primes: Yes, they are obtained through relics, which are a mission reward that gives special drops when unlocked in a void fissure mission

Vaulted Primes: Same as above except the relics that drop the parts for the Vaulted Prime frames will not CURRENTLY drop as a mission reward. This periodically changes with some Vaulted Frames becoming temporarily unvaulted, which means their relics will be a mission reward again. 

Edited by BrenBlaze
There changed to Their

1 minute ago, Xanthropod said:

TL;DR: Yes, except Excalibur Prime

You can't even buy him for plat. You need to actually buy a founder's account from a founder against the EULA and make sure no one finds out.

So why even mention him?

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

You can't even buy him for plat. You need to actually buy a founder's account from a founder against the EULA and make sure no one finds out.

So why even mention him?

Because. He is a .... Wait for it..... WARFRAME !!!

in any case methods of making platinum in game are mostly Random even later on so the quest to not buy platinum is not as simple As everyone makes it out to be.

You can acquire all non-prime frames and all non-vaulted prime frames without ever touching plat. You'll need plat to buy warframe slots and vaulted primes, but you can earn plat by farming and trading items to other players fairly trivially.

Yes, unless you sell Warframe BP that can only be get one time, you will need to buy them with plat

Some of the frames can be aquired one time due to their BP. Such as harrow, you can only build 1 harrow, but you can't get another one because there was only 1 BP, and that BP can be get 1 time after doing his quest.

Edited by Genesix6

As people have said, yes, unless you want things quickly.

As much as me getting quick access to a few of the frames was nice (no regrets for Nyx though, she was absolutely great back in the day), I wish I didn't waste my platinum in the early days of joining the game :facepalm:

This is one of the nice things about Warframe compared to a lot of other free to play games.  If a non-cosmetic item is available, it's available to everyone with enough in game work.  There is nothing that actually affects gameplay that can only be obtained through real money transactions.