Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forum avatar not changing.

Entity--

Question

Hi Tenno. I can’t seem to figure out on how to have my forum avatar updated. I’m using the Tennocon 2019 in-game. Is this currently compatible or should I switch to another one? Is there a minimum post requirement before I can have my own?

Thanks ahead.

1 hour ago, Kalvorax said:

try logging out of the site and log back in.

No, it still won't update the avatar. I have long changed my in-game glyph but it's still showing GHS glyph in the forums.
I have tried relogging and even cleared my browser cache coz it might just be my browser having problems updating the avatar, but it isn't.

I think new glyphs have this problem? After I used GHS glyph, I used the lowpoly Kavat from Baro, but it didn't change even if I tried my fixes. And now I'm also using Tennocon 2019 glyph, still not updating even after trying my fix. I hope they get this checked 😕

• Like 1

Yeah I have the same problem with the TennoCon 2019 and the Prisma Kavat/Kubrow glyphs (the ones bought from Baro). Doesn’t matter how many times I log out and back in and clearing cache, the forum just won’t show these glyphs. 

Edited by (NSW)NeonNebula

5 hours ago, Yxivi said:

No, it still won't update the avatar. I have long changed my in-game glyph but it's still showing GHS glyph in the forums.
I have tried relogging and even cleared my browser cache coz it might just be my browser having problems updating the avatar, but it isn't.

I think new glyphs have this problem? After I used GHS glyph, I used the lowpoly Kavat from Baro, but it didn't change even if I tried my fixes. And now I'm also using Tennocon 2019 glyph, still not updating even after trying my fix. I hope they get this checked 😕

I submitted a ticket 3 days ago on this issue. Waiting for their response. Maybe it’s better if you also open a ticket so that they know it’s an issue and they can fix it faster. Choose ‘Community’ then for Catergory choose ‘Web or Forum Issue’. Here’s the link if you want: https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=47370

Edited by (NSW)NeonNebula

I have a small problem: Iv'e seen on other posts that your forums avatar depends on your in-game avatar, but I already had an avatar selected in-game (The Wolf of Saturn six glyph, then I changed to the Equinox prime glyph but still nothing 😕 ) but here I still have the default avatar. And there's also my MR's name that is not showing on the forum, I'm MR14 In-game but here it's saying "Initiate", or is it because the rank you have under your name on the forums depends of your reputation and not your in-game MR?

Edited by (XB1)Kiwinator34

Its linked to ingame glyph its right.

The thing is it may take time and on top of that if its not activated on the forum you might not see it either ^.^ 

Btw Forums rank are not the same as in game rank i'm not an gold eagle in game ^.^ its linked to the number of posts ^.^ 

Edited by trunks013

45 minutes ago, sharkstrangler said:

There's no option to change my profile picture or anything, is there any way to change it or get it to link with my account's glyph?

Logout from the Forums and WF Site then Log back in so the forums has to reload your user data and your Glyph should be updated.

16 hours ago, sharkstrangler said:

K tried that when I got home my glyph is still default.

You're sure you changed it in game?

I haven't heard of the logging out and back in not working.  If you did that one mobile, try it on your usual PC.  Might try changing your glyph again, IIRC there are some that have been refusing to work of late.  (Not sure which ones)

1 час назад, MagPrime сказал:

I haven't heard of the logging out and back in not working. 

Actually it didn't work for me 😞

I don't know how does my glyph appear to anyone else on their end, but what I see now is white laughing guy (pre-previous glyph) and what I should see is black-white cat face (my current glyph).

Logout, clear browser cache and login didn't work.

Edited by 8ubb13
Grammar

15 minutes ago, 8ubb13 said:

Actually it didn't work for me 😞

I don't know how my glyph appears to anyone else on their end, but what I see now is white laughing guy (pre-previous glyph) and what I should see is black-white cat face (my current glyph).

Logout, clear browser cache and login didn't work.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/572307994998734849/578674433024196612/unknown.png?width=1103&height=362

Not sure why it suddenly isn't working for people.  I may give it a try later today, see if I have similar issues.

Edited by MagPrime