Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fall 1 inch, lose active powers

Anyone else thinks that when you fall 1 inch on a surface that is sloped very very very slightly and your screen turns black and resets you like you just fell off a cliff and causes your active powers to go away so you need to recast them and rebuff too if needed and makes you run out of energy is happening too often? This never used to happen to me until 2019.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, (XB1)Devo 20 XD 6 said:

Anyone else thinks that when you fall 1 inch on a surface that is sloped very very very slightly and your screen turns black and resets you like you just fell off a cliff and causes your active powers to go away so you need to recast them and rebuff too if needed and makes you run out of energy is happening too often?

Man that's a long question. But yes, I agree, and it's been a problem long before 2019 in my opinion. Some of these levels shouldn't even have these bounds to begin with, but even the ones where it makes sense, the implementation of this out-of-bounds de-buff stuff has always been a mess.

I don't know about a 1 inch slope but falling into restricted areas on the map or areas that are not meant for you to go in (like off a cliff or into a very obvious pit) do cause your abilities to end. While its not desirable it does seam a good incentive to not purposely jump off the clear cliff of doom present on some maps as well as force you to be aware of your surroundings. Don't want to lose your buff, maybe stick to the walk way in the gas city rather then try to make the jump from one platform to the other.

29 minutes ago, trst said:

Don't go falling into pits.

18 minutes ago, (PS4)wintersfrozen said:

I don't know about a 1 inch slope but falling into restricted areas on the map or areas that are not meant for you to go in (like off a cliff or into a very obvious pit) do cause your abilities to end. While its not desirable it does seam a good incentive to not purposely jump off the clear cliff of doom present on some maps as well as force you to be aware of your surroundings. Don't want to lose your buff, maybe stick to the walk way in the gas city rather then try to make the jump from one platform to the other.

OP is talking about areas where normal, in-bounds walkways are clipped inside of a bottomless pit, causing the game to do the "oops! You fell into a pit!" screen transition when he didn't actually fall into the pit

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

OP is talking about areas where normal, in-bounds walkways are clipped inside of a bottomless pit, causing the game to do the "oops! You fell into a pit!" screen transition when he didn't actually fall into the pit

So a map bug that should be reported instead of vaguely complained about.

1 minute ago, TARINunit9 said:

Can't say I have ever experienced a clipping glitch like that.

The closet thing I can think of to that would be the tile sets on mars with the stone bridges in the middle of a canyon where you can jump from one to the other but a misstep would be a black screen and a reset. Which again I think is intentional as while you can skip part of the map by bridge jumping the game doesn't really want you to. If its something more then just bad parcore skills then it should probably be reported rather then just a vague tittle and equally vague post.

The only times it gets me where I find it annoying is when you’re on maps where you transfer to a new area like void portals or the pods during invasion missions, or when you just happen to jump to high in some areas. Mainly on Gara cause stacks take time and when they’re lost because you’re just progressing and playing the game as intended it gets frustrating. Its just a game though so I usually move on but it’s be neat for them to build around that better.

I think it is worse that you can't drop your frame into some pit or whatever while dashing with your operator to the other side.

Many times have I been able to save myself or quicken my traveling by popping out mid-air and dashing my way to steady ground, but were interrupted by a sudden black screen and respawned close to the start of the map 😑 Why, DE, why. 

On 2019-04-19 at 5:24 PM, trst said:

So a map bug that should be reported instead of vaguely complained about.

On 2019-04-19 at 5:26 PM, (PS4)wintersfrozen said:

If its something more then just bad parcore skills then it should probably be reported rather then just a vague tittle and equally vague post.

In my experience with bug reports unless you have irrefutable evidence nothing at all is done about it and people will give excuses like some in this thread like "don't fall off cliffs" to argue that it is not a bug but something else that you are too stupid to figure out. I don't stream gameplay and don't know when this dark screen will happen on flat ground to be able to use the capture option on Xbox One to obtain visual evidence. I opted to post this topic here to see if anyone else was experiencing this and see if it is a big problem or a minor inconvenience. 

Then there are places you should reset but do not:

2UJIdz0.jpg

When was WF not full of crap anyway?

Gotta thank my squad for not minding that the EV was failing to EV.

Edited by Guest

This is primarily because a lot of the "out-of-bounds" area were defined back in parkour 1.0 and weren't updated when parkour 2.0 went out (like seriously wtf, they have been around for so long). So, some "pits" that are possible to climb out of easily currently may not be the same (despite the fact that it is possible to copter upwards).

The accidentally jumping up and out of bound is far worse of an issue in my opinion.

4 hours ago, (XB1)Devo 20 XD 6 said:

In my experience with bug reports unless you have irrefutable evidence nothing at all is done about it and people will give excuses like some in this thread like "don't fall off cliffs" to argue that it is not a bug but something else that you are too stupid to figure out. I don't stream gameplay and don't know when this dark screen will happen on flat ground to be able to use the capture option on Xbox One to obtain visual evidence. I opted to post this topic here to see if anyone else was experiencing this and see if it is a big problem or a minor inconvenience. 

So a few things, without more information its only natural that people are going to tell you to not fall into holes. You didn't explain anything other then you fell 1ich. You fail to explain where it happened, what tile set, if you were doing parcore, stuck by an enemy, just running, etc. You have given nothing to base a response off of other then something has clearly upset you. Without the above information other users can't recreate the issue and try to asset you or explain why it happened to you, and without the above information support won't be able to help you as they have nothing to go off of.

If this happens again get a video capture https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/record-xbox-one-gameplay/ you can record the past 30 seconds which should be more then enough time for the fall glitch. Send the video to support and they can get to work fixing the issue to prevent it from happening to you or other players in the future, or if its caused by something you did/not do they can clarify it for you.

On 2019-04-23 at 2:20 PM, (PS4)wintersfrozen said:

So a few things, without more information its only natural that people are going to tell you to not fall into holes. You didn't explain anything other then you fell 1ich.

Since when is there a 1 inch cliff in Warframe?

You fail to explain where it happened, what tile set, if you were doing parcore, stuck by an enemy, just running, etc. You have given nothing to base a response off of other then something has clearly upset you.

All of the above. I don't need to be over specific when attempting to hear others responses that are similar not exact. I'm not even mad, more like eye roll.

On 2019-04-19 at 4:24 PM, Lance_Lionroar said:

Man that's a long question. But yes, I agree, and it's been a problem long before 2019 in my opinion. Some of these levels shouldn't even have these bounds to begin with, but even the ones where it makes sense, the implementation of this out-of-bounds de-buff stuff has always been a mess.

This person understood entirely without me having to spell it out for them, because I already did with words. Just read stuff over again until you get it if you don't get it, or ask questions instead of assuming you are the genius of a topic you obviously haven't had a problem with or you would understand. 

If this happens again get a video capture https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/record-xbox-one-gameplay/ you can record the past 30 seconds which should be more then enough time for the fall glitch

I'm slow at that stuff but I will try it out thanks, I didn't know this was a thing. Only thought capture was forward only not backward a bit too. See, you're helping, with this and complaining about not understanding what the falling an inch thing is which means you don't have that problem, and means not everyone has it.

On 2019-04-19 at 7:16 PM, TARINunit9 said:

Had something like this happen many times in Lua Spy vaults and Orokin vaults where I jump under and past the closing door just fine (not even close to closed!), but the game thinks I fell into a pit and spawns me again. Most of the time I respawn on the correct side of the door! A couple times I didn't... Very annoying!