Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Am I the only person that gets extremely frustrated while doing track & tranq?

FalikosekPL

I got a lot of reasons to find it a waste of time.
First of all, simply the fact that the game spawns literally several dropships at once even when your alert level is at 0. DE, for the love of god, PLEASE make the spawnrate of random enemies MINIMUM when they don't even know you're in the orb vallis. It's just too annoying for another dropship to appear right after you dealt with the last patrol.
Second, using Ivara is simply too OP for this. Animals like Bolarolas are extremely hard to tranq when you don't have a frame that can put enemies to sleep AND be invisible. Make the vulnerable hitbox larger or make the animal walk faster, cause I can prepare tea, have a shower and completely drink that cup of tea before that mutated tortoise will get anywhere close to the call point.
Last but not least, noticing both the tracks and the animals is too hard for me, and I feel like it might be impossible for people with color blindness. It took me a few minutes to even know where a Sawgaw is, and I still couldn't tranq it cause it was always either flying away immediately or too far away.

It gets even more frustrating when Nightwave requires 10 perfect tranqs...

• Like 6

Light blue tracks on lighter blue snow probably wasn't the greatest design choice.

And Sawgaw's are a pain in my infested metal ass.  I just bullet jump onto their perches and wait for them to land in front of me anymore.  SOME standing is better than none.  Mind, the AI is on the fritz as of late.  I could be 10m in front of a Lancer, spot light on me firing through a megaphone and they'll never know I'm there.  Similarly, I've perfect captured animals actively fleeing from me.

And for what it's worth, I prefer hunting on the plains.  I don't have to play this silly game of "sniff poo, get my Witcher on, make a booty call, then spike it's blood directly with a rufy." I just need to keep my eyes and ears open and I'll find plenty of Condrocs and Kuaka to tag and bag.  Really brings the plains to life and makes traversing from point A to B a lot more interesting (plus Ghoul ambushes, because I do love combat.)  Too bad Mergoo's don't have any presence outside of preservation prompts.  Wish they and all of the Vallis' creatures wandered around in the open too.

Edited by Lost_Cartographer
  • Like 12

12 minutes ago, Lost_Cartographer said:

Light blue tracks on lighter blue snow probably wasn't the greatest design choice.

And Sawgaw's are a pain in my infested metal ass.  I just bullet jump onto their perches and wait for them to land in front of me anymore.  SOME standing is better than none.  Mind, the AI is on the fritz as of late.  I could be 10m in front of a Lancer, spot light on me firing through a megaphone and they'll never know I'm there.  Similarly, I've perfect captured animals actively fleeing from me.

And for what it's worth, I prefer hunting on the plains.  I don't have to play this silly game of "sniff poo, get my Witcher on, make a booty call, then spike it's blood directly with a rufy." I just need to keep my eyes and ears open and I'll find plenty of Condrocs and Kuaka to tag and bag.  Really brings the plains to life and makes traversing from point A to B a lot more interesting (plus Ghoul ambushes, because I do love combat.)  Too bad Mergoo's don't have any presence outside of preservation prompts.  Wish they and all of the Vallis' creatures wandered around in the open too.

I didn't even know tracks existed the first handful of tracking attempts I did and was annoyed by having to find the spawn point on my own in what can be large areas.

Hunting on the plains is much nicer,  much more straight forward,  sensible.   But hunting in Vallis has its own charm to it once I got the hang of it.   It can be much more rewarding too.  

What should happen is that both Vallis and Plains should have each other's hunting styles.    Vallis needs low tier animals that roam naturally like they do in plains,  and plains needs higher grade creatures that only appear using echo lures.

I'd love that.  I actually enjoy both hunting styles,  and hunting might be one of my favorite sidegames.  Plus this idea benefits everyone,  and I'd love to see new animal types on the plains. 

Edited by Kingsmount
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Voltage said:

My biggest complaint is the fact you need to use the gear wheel multiple times to just shoot the thing or sleep it. Not to mention what happens when you open it in Archwing...

You don't need to, you can use a key bind. The game gives you an option, don't blame it if you don't use it

• Like 1

For the night wave, try to find pobbers. They come in groups of 3, and each perfect capture is counted as 1.

But I’ll agree on the trails, and how they blend in with the snow. Wish they were a different brighter color. Also I do my conservations with a Loki. Never had a problem.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z said:

How does one bind gear outside the wheel?  I've never seen it in my controller settings. 

I don't think controllers got enough button for this, but look in the settings, in controls

Sawgaws have a new ability where they just slide out of the way when I'm trying to shoot them.  I jump up on a perch, my friend does the call, I line up a perfect shot, pull the trigger, and then watch helplessly as the damned thing just slides to 2 meters to the side.  It doesn't fly away.  It just slides out of the way, and then back to its original position.  THEN it flies to a new perch.  Whoever decided that the call point should be on the ground, and the bird should only fly randomly between giant mushrooms is just a jerk.  I can shoot those ridiculous butt wing things out of the air on the plains, but sawgaws?  Nope.

Also, condrocs.  I'm currently convinced that the only way to get all three is either with Ivara's sleep arrow, or have at least three people in the group and everyone shoots a different bird at exactly the same time.  Try to get them one at a time?  No.  Impossible.  The other two automatically fly away like they've got some sort of hive mind once you hit the first one.  I can shoot all the pobbers and kuaka solo, but not condrocs.

My problem is that the tracks are nearly invisible 90% of the time, or go in unreasonable directions.

Few weeks ago I was tracking one of the new animals on PoE. The tracks went from going in a straight line to literally walking up a 90° wall in the opposite direction over a distance of 3 meters. Not to mention that said animal is a friggin bird. You know, things that FLY.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FalikosekPL said:

First of all, simply the fact that the game spawns literally several dropships at once even when your alert level is at 0. DE, for the love of god, PLEASE make the spawnrate of random enemies MINIMUM when they don't even know you're in the orb vallis. It's just too annoying for another dropship to appear right after you dealt with the last patrol.
Second, using Ivara is simply too OP for this. Animals like Bolarolas are extremely hard to tranq when you don't have a frame that can put enemies to sleep AND be invisible. Make the vulnerable hitbox larger or make the animal walk faster, cause I can prepare tea, have a shower and completely drink that cup of tea before that mutated tortoise will get anywhere close to the call point.
Last but not least, noticing both the tracks and the animals is too hard for me, and I feel like it might be impossible for people with color blindness. It took me a few minutes to even know where a Sawgaw is, and I still couldn't tranq it cause it was always either flying away immediately or too far away.

Weird, I have no issues using ivara. Get 3 perfect captures everytime... did that weekly in 15 mins.

Is this a git gut thread? 🤔 

2 hours ago, FalikosekPL said:

Want to talk about color blindness? their latest rework of the lighting system is blinding me for real unless it is night time, then I can't see anything anyway, no, I have tried a ton of graphic settings and the only thing I can't just turn on is fullscreen because there is no support for 4:3 aspect ratio and thus I would have to play the game with stretched image.

Spoiler

MIF3bUM.png

Tracking animals gets harder since footprints are barely visible outside of specific terrain.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

Biz clearly says it: "now, follow the tracks, it will lead to the animal"

What characters say in dialogue only has as much baring on the gameplay as the devs have the forethought to integrate.   When tracks aren't noticeable when you don't know what to look for,  you aren't going to assume there are literal tracks beyond the yellow highlighted area.

4 hours ago, FalikosekPL said:

Why would you hunt for single animals, which are also hard to tranq?

Pobbers spawn in groups of 3 and are easy to do a perfect capture on. 4 groups and you are done.

Just grab a Loki or Ash or Ivara. Ivara is not the only one you can use for perfect caps... 

So complaining about Ivara, about it being hard to get 10 caps for NW is just your fault for not putting thought into what you are doing.

Bad visibility of tracks? That I totally agree with however. It can be super hard to follow them with their terrible visibility and they often glitch into the terrain, especially when they go onto more vertical surfaces or near lakes.

When you have the stun gun equipped it should periodically highlight the tracks like the synthesis scanner highlights scannable objects.

22 minutes ago, Kingsmount said:

What characters say in dialogue only has as much baring on the gameplay as the devs have the forethought to integrate.   When tracks aren't noticeable when you don't know what to look for,  you aren't going to assume there are literal tracks beyond the yellow highlighted area.

You said you didn't even know tracks were a thing. Even if you can barely see them, it doesn't change the fact that it's your own fault for not listening to what the characters are saying

5 hours ago, FalikosekPL said:

Last but not least, noticing both the tracks and the animals is too hard for me, and I feel like it might be impossible for people with color blindness.

This is not a solution as I don't disagree, but I found that if I ran parallel to the tracks, then but had my head turned to follow them, for some reason they stood out twice as much compared to running on the tracks looking down.

19 minutes ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

You said you didn't even know tracks were a thing. Even if you can barely see them, it doesn't change the fact that it's your own fault for not listening to what the characters are saying

You realize for as many animals that I have caught, I barely can ever remember them saying something important because I can't hear them talk.  Too much other noise going on, or it is late at night I have have to play without sound. The message also doesn't last on the screen long enough to read esp if you are being shot at.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OneYenShort said:

You realize for as many animals that I have caught, I barely can ever remember them saying something important because I can't hear them talk.  Too much other noise going on, or it is late at night I have have to play without sound. The message also doesn't last on the screen long enough to read esp if you are being shot at.

Maybe if you tried to kill the enemies around the area before starting the capture it would help, how are you even capturing animals if the Corpus keep shooting at you, your phrase doesn't make any sort of sense

6 hours ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

You don't need to, you can use a key bind. The game gives you an option, don't blame it if you don't use it

Obviously you don't use a controller because with limited inputs to bind there isn't much room for those things. Even on PS4 with the touch pad there isn't enough room for custom keybinds except archwing.