Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operator content 2.0

(PSN)Vexx757

6 hours ago, Talonflight said:

-snip-

Some of your ideas are interesting especially about melee weapons for operators coz I also talk about it. I would advise you to go to page one where I talk about my version of void melee weapons and some of the things you have talked about, you can tell me what you think of my void melee weapon idea if you haven`t already.

Edited by (PS4)Vexx757

Dis-bloody-clamer: If you don`t like operators PLEASE skip this post also this is just my opinions of what I would like to see plus, my ideas are mostly fun first usefulness second. Also because there is a lot for me to talk about, I will have to put them up bit by bit so make sure you follow this post to see the continued posts about this subject.

Link to my 1st post: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1089451-operator-content-20/?tab=comments#comment-10723330

Unfortunately, there is not a lot of rewards surrounding the operators. The only places we can get some are from POE, and Orb Valis. I would like to see some operator rewards from events, conclave, syndicates etc.

Here are some operator rewards/cosmetics I would like to see;

·       Operator melee weapons

·       Operator suits/armour with perks

·       Amps/skins

·       Operator masks

·       Operator accessories

·       Stance mods (operator melee weapons)

·       Arcanes

·       Hairstyles

·       Emotes

·       Operator exclusive regalia

Since syndicates haven`t added any new Items besides augment mods, I would like to see some syndicate exclusive operator cosmetics. Here are some examples of cosmetics and the difference between the two syndicates.

Arbiters of Hexis & New Loka

·       Arbiters - Their operator melee weapon of choice is a sword that has a passive that forces slash damage out of the weapon and increase the slash damage by 30%.

New Loka - Their operator melee weapon of choice is a Polearm that has a passive where every attack from the operator gives health to the operator.

·       They offer an operator suit replica of their syndicate leader.

·       Arbiters - Armour pieces that glow every time the operator kills an enemy.

New Loka - Armour pieces that glow every time the operator used void abilities.

·       Arbiters - An amp that has a syndicate proc that releases toxin damage and adds increases amp damage by 50%.

·       New Loka - An amp that has a syndicate proc that releases corrosive damage and adds viral damage to amp.

·       Exclusive amp skins.

·       Masks/helmet

·       Arbiter eye specs and New Loka leafy crown.

·       Hairstyles.

Edited by (PS4)Vexx757
  • Like 3

Good idea, a couple points I have to make, though:

Operator is a space-wizard-child that spends pretty much all the time in hibernation / sleep / coma(?) giving them melee doesn't make any sense, they are physically weak, not to mention that void blast is your melee.

Operator's suits / armour with perks are Warframes, that's kind of what the game's about.

• Like 1

I'm of the opinion that Operators need a LOT of work before they're ever going to feel like a natural part of the game, as opposed to a disconnected system bolted onto an unrelated game. Right now, there's no real point to using Operators, nor is there a terrible amount of variety in Operator types aside from basic stat tweaks. The majority of Operator functionality is bottlenecked through the same shared energy bar meaning there's never enough energy to do anything interesting. There are no real abilities available to Operators beyond the pedestrian mechanics of "shoot," "punch" and "go invisible." Their progression is MASSIVELY grindy for no compelling reason, to say nothing of very resource-intensive. They have a lot of problems.

One thing the Operator REALLY misses out on is the ability to be in two places at once. The most we can do is recall our Warframe to our Operator, but we can't recall the Operator to the Warframe without dying - not something easily doable on demand and generally not a desirable thing. Imagine if you could have both the Operator and the Warframe present in the mission at the same time, with the ability to swap control between them and trade places on demand. One could hold down a button while the other one walks past the lasers that the button disabled. Hell, the Lua Cooperation Drift would be solvable by a single player if it weren't for the four floor buttons at the end. This could make for some pretty cool Spy Vaults, Puzzle Rooms and so on. Keeping the Operator on the map also means that they can hold onto a carry item without dropping it when I switch back to my Warframe. The options are significant.

Additionally, I've always wanted to see Operators as a sort of "last chance" save before a Warframe dies. When my Warframe falls and needs a revive, perhaps pop out my Operator and let me attempt to do it myself. That's what happens during The War Within, after all. I get that there are balance issues surrounding that, but letting my operator work as a last make them feel like an integral part of the game. Speaking of which, maybe put my Warframe AND my Sentinel in some obvious kind of Stasis so they don't end up getting killed while I'm in my Operator form. They don't have to be completely invulnerable, but having my Sentinel keep shooting and getting killed while I'm away is annoying.

I'd also argue that Operators would benefit from having active abilities all their own, different with each Focus Tree. Void Mode, for instance, ought to exist only in SOME Focus Trees, as right now it's a boat anchor around Operator gameplay altogether. It's far too powerful, yet it slows you down and draws from the same energy pool used to do actually cool stuff like rag-dolling enemies and jumping around. The end result is a lot of camping in Void Mode and only popping up to take a few shots. I'd say reserve that for one Operator School focused around turtling and give the other Schools their own, distinct abilities. Self heals, ally buffs, large-scale control, illusions and so forth. In-canon, Operators are actually REALLY powerful, potentially more so than their own Warframes. In-game, they end up doing a lot of waddling around invisible.

And finally, cut down on the grind. Just bite the bullet and make Lenses universal, such that they all grant Focus to the currently-active School. That way, they can remain expensive and rate because they'd be a permanent upgrade to the weapon, never needing replacement. I'd also reduce both the costs of Focus abilities and the Daily standing cap significantly. I get that DE wanted Operator progression to be a "long-term" goal, but the result was a system with such a high barrier of entry that I doubt most people have more than half of one School.

I don't believe that Operators should ever be "just teenage Warframes" nor do they have to be all that good in combat. Like Archwings in the Plains and the Vallis, I'd rather they offered alternate gameplay opportunities by allowing the player to be in multiple places at once.

Let's be honest though, If DE made operators have melee weapons, no one would complain. For the ppl (like myself) that like the operators will have a blast with it and for the ppl that don`t like it, don`t have to use it, adding it won`t change how they play unless DE forces you to use them.

14 minutes ago, (PS4)Vexx757 said:

adding it won`t change how they play unless DE forces you to use them.

Not that I'm for operator melee or against it but we all know that's how DE rolls:
Archgun - Added to the game, DE forces you to use it (and basically due to cooldown and no ammo anywhere else prevents the use elsewhere)

Operator stuff - Forced to used it for Eidolons, Kuva, etc.

You know if they introduce operator melee, they'd introduce a new game mode/boss where they only way to defeat it would be poke it with an ineffective operator stick.

What I would like to see is a clamber rework:

Get rid of the slow warframe clamber over every little obstacle/wall - it should be 10x faster than it is when you're in a frame. And move slow clamber to the operator instead.  It'd look and flow much better.

These are somethings I have come up with, If anyone has noticed any bug or some improvements to operators, put them here.

·       There is a delay between pressing the button and operator crouching.

·       Companion mods like animal instinct should work while in operator form, not just warframes.

·       Two arcans can be installed on amps.

·       Include a b c slots for amps to give the option to change amps, it`s colour equip arcanes and lenses.

·       Operators can ride on K-drives.

·       Have the option to individually activate/deactivate focus tree abilities you want without disconnecting other abilities.

·       In kuva missions, when you use void blast, you are in 1st person perspective and you can`t control your operator properly.

·       You can change operator visuals, focus trees and amps while in the simulacrum.

·       Add an in-depth face customisation (nose length, eye width etc) and separate body sliders to change the length, width and height of the operators.

·       Add different voices for operators (from different ethnicities) and have a slider to manipulate the sound to make it unique to your operator.

·       Your entinel is invulnerable while you`re in operator mode.

·       If you have vacuum mod on your sentinel or companion and you are in your operator form, the operator should be able to pick up items.

·       You should be able to use operators in the relays.

Edited by (PS4)Vexx757

13 hours ago, (PS4)Vexx757 said:

·       Your entinel is invulnerable while you`re in operator mode.

If any abilities are disabled and it can't shoot at things, sure.

13 hours ago, (PS4)Vexx757 said:

·       Have the option to individually activate/deactivate focus tree abilities you want without disconnecting other abilities.

I don't see how this would happen without a cost.

16 hours ago, peterc3 said:

I don't see how this would happen without a cost.

Presumably the cost is that the deactivated abilities are now deactivated

On 2019-05-08 at 8:52 AM, (PS4)Vexx757 said:

sliders to change the length of the operators.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Overall operator movement speed should be increased too. I get that they aren't supposed to be as mobile as warframes, but that doesn't mean they should be painful to play either.

also, amp stances. The WIDE stance we have now is nice and all, but i'd prefer literally anything else

5 hours ago, Greenshockclaw said:

Presumably the cost is that the deactivated abilities are now deactivated

The cost is having to have whatever is before it active. The Focus cost to rank it up, to have enough space available for the sill to have ranked up. This would have to have that factored in.

3 hours ago, peterc3 said:

The cost is having to have whatever is before it active. The Focus cost to rank it up, to have enough space available for the sill to have ranked up. This would have to have that factored in.

You mean like the deactivated abilities still use up focus pool if something ahead of them is active? That sounds fair, honestly.

Anything to avoid annoying extra energy drain from some of the focus trees

5 minutes ago, Greenshockclaw said:

Anything to avoid annoying extra energy drain from some of the focus trees

That energy drain is part of the cost. Why would you get the thing you want, with the current level of power, now with a lower energy cost?

9 hours ago, peterc3 said:

That energy drain is part of the cost. Why would you get the thing you want, with the current level of power, now with a lower energy cost?

Because it's not a problem in the first place, and because added Energy costs to Operator abilities are poor design?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, peterc3 said:

Like, if you're using naramon, and have void hunter active, and void stalker disabled, void mode only gets 2 more energy/sec instead of 3. Void stalker still occupies focus pool space as if it was active though. If void stalker still added more energy drain then there's no reason to disable ablilities in the first place

18 hours ago, Greenshockclaw said:

Overall operator movement speed should be increased too. I get that they aren't supposed to be as mobile as warframes, but that doesn't mean they should be painful to play either.

Agreed. If I had to choose between them being fun or them making sense I would choose fun every time. Idc about them not being not as agile as wf, their mobility needs some improvements imo.

I have talked about operator things from movement to arcanes, you can see them by taking a look at this link;

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1089451-operator-content-20/

• Like 1

Am 8.5.2019 um 14:47 schrieb (XB1)Tucker D Dawg:

You know if they introduce operator melee, they'd introduce a new game mode/boss where they only way to defeat it would be poke it with an ineffective operator stick.

So, basically the Kuva Guards.

On 2019-05-08 at 1:47 PM, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg said:

You know if they introduce operator melee, they'd introduce a new game mode/boss where they only way to defeat it would be poke it with an ineffective operator stick

I know and I don`t have an issue with that. I like the operators hence why I made this post plus they need to be more involved in the game whether it`s operator only missions or seeing them in more quests.

On 2019-05-01 at 3:01 PM, (XB1)Angryspy101 said:

You throw around the words "fun" and "not fun" like it's fact. I personally find Ash's 4 to be the most fun it has ever been, it's honestly not as slow as you make it out to be...

Just because you find it fun and entertaining doesn't mean everyone is going to like it too. 

Ha I know someone would get triggered. Ash is still a controversial warframe to talk about.

On 2019-04-30 at 9:45 AM, (PS4)Vexx757 said:

·        Jump hight: Operators should either be able to do a double jump or holding the button should make them jump higher to make them unable to get to higher platforms

On this one, the operators are supposed to be basically human. They have phenomenal cosmic power but they still have tiny human bodies. Double jumps break the laws of physics. It's ok for a warframe to do this because their power could be explained with gravity manipulation but not for a human body. 

I agree they need to get higher sometimes though so I suggest parkour. That is something humans can realistically do AND it gives us a reason to use all those mechanics without relying on bullet jump the way we do with warframes. 

That's just my first comment on your post. It's a good post so there will probably be more. 

On 2019-05-01 at 11:24 AM, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

"Operator Rework / New content" just being another Void melee thread

I made a thread about new operator content/operator melee a few days ago but mine was trying to be more realistic. I dont want them to be like warframes, but since they excel in stealth missions, I feel the least we could do is give them a melee stealth kill option. More realistic weapons like a kid could use and still be effective so I'm not using the "alarming" void blast while sneaking through a spy mission. I've heard many people say the operators would have atrophied over the years of stasis so my plan to unlock operator melee is a training tutorial with umbra. You would have to complete a thread like the war within to use this ability. This would explain being strong enough to fight and you would still be squishy so warframe combat and operator combat would both have their place. This would make some missions more logically suited to operators. A variant of interception and mobile defense could be added that changes it to sneaking and hacking instead of capture and defend. 

The bottom line is, a buffet isnt going to suffer from having extra things added unless it takes away from the quality of everything else. None of this would be an issue as long as they address problems people have with core gameplay. Then it could be a welcome addition to some and a basically ignored system for others. 

8 hours ago, (XB1)KiryuStark said:

On this one, the operators are supposed to be basically human. They have phenomenal cosmic power but they still have tiny human bodies. Double jumps break the laws of physics. It's ok for a warframe to do this because their power could be explained with gravity manipulation but not for a human body. 

I agree they need to get higher sometimes though so I suggest parkour. That is something humans can realistically do AND it gives us a reason to use all those mechanics without relying on bullet jump the way we do with warframes. 

That's just my first comment on your post. It's a good post so there will probably be more. 

I understand what your saying  however, If I had to choose between it being fun or it making sense, I would choose fun every time. Ash`s bs is an example that marking enemies makes sense on paper because he is a ninja but in game, it`s not effective or fun (imo)