Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Wolf of Saturn Six Showdown!

[DE]Megan

question.. how do i get the rewards like the optical vandal? i mean i know i need to get points.. but can i also get the points through replaying again and again the wolf hunt mission? or i really need to do the Thermia fracture mission to get the event reward of @100 of the opticor vandal

1 minute ago, IntrovertedAlpha said:

question.. how do i get the rewards like the optical vandal? i mean i know i need to get points.. but can i also get the points through replaying again and again the wolf hunt mission? or i really need to do the Thermia fracture mission to get the event reward of @100 of the opticor vandal 

Two completely different events.

You'll need to complete at least 14 Thermia Fracture missions to get the Opticor Vandal.

2 minutes ago, IntrovertedAlpha said:

Thermia fractures, which have nothing to do with the wolf and this alert at all.

4 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

From now until May 13, 2p.m. ET, two Tactical Alerts are here to help you take down the Wolf of Saturn Six. Complete these replayable Alerts before time is up to get your rewards and a guaranteed chance to fight the Wolf!

While I really appreciate the chance to finally be able to farm that elusive Mask (by the way, is it supposed to invisible with Hood Open?) the way it's been done is really anticlimactic.

No speech, just a generic "We've contracted you with a mark", and worst of all - the fight was rather bland, too - not to mention, it's a carbon copy of Tethys (Sargas Ruk) run - leaving his very own impressive "prison break arena" unused - you know, the one from the Captura scene? I was expecting we'd get to corner him there from day one... Alas. 

It felt like rushed, last-resort addition, and I really hope that The Emissary (series 2?) will have a better conclusion. 

That said, considering this is technically content that replaced Alerts... Well done. Just don't stop there, it still needs work.

4 minutes ago, Reppuzan said:

Does the hard version of the Wolf fight have better drops than the lower-leveled one?

Can't say for the mask, but he drops parts/bps much more frequently on the hard version. Normal wolf only drops a Sledge part 35% of the time. I did 8 runs of hard wolf and got a part every time but once, so it's likely that chance was doubled to 70%. The individual ratio of each part is still the same (38% each for head or handle, 12% each for motor or bp) once a part drops. But a guaranteed encounter and a nearly guaranteed chance to drop a part make it go by pretty quick.

Well looks like I can farm a second set of wolf hammer BPs or even a third set to give to people that are too lazy for some token plat.

It's something at least.

4 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fight the Wolf in two Tactical Alerts -- now on all platforms!

The Wolf is on the prowl, Dreamers -- and we know exactly where he and his Fugitives are lurking.

From now until May 13, 2p.m. ET, two Tactical Alerts are here to help you take down the Wolf of Saturn Six. Complete these replayable Alerts before time is up to get your rewards and a guaranteed chance to fight the Wolf!

The Wolf Hunt: Tactical Alert #1 (Level 20-30)

• One-time reward: 10 Nitain Extract

• Guaranteed Wolf spawn

The Wolf Hunt: Tactical Alert #2 (Level 50-75)

• One-time reward: Rifle Riven Mod

• One-time reward: Stratos Emblem

• Guaranteed Wolf spawn

After you’ve completed and acquired your one-time rewards, the option to replay either Tactical Alerts is yours! Take on the more challenging Wolf for increased Drop Rates on his goodies, or keep it leisurely with the lower level Wolf.

*You must be at least Nightwave Rank 5 to participate in these Tactical Alerts.

Good luck, Dreamers, and happy hunting!

Now do this from day one in the next Nightwave, or something similar!!!

Wait!! Where are the angry peeps that paid 1k plat or farmed for hours on end to get the Wolf Sledge set?! Popcorns ready. Having not been one of those people, I still have to say that this is a weak move to make him able to be farmed so quickly. It was kinda cool the way it was. Oh well. My friend said if you wait long enough DE will just give you the hard to get things. Indeed.

Sooo... When does Nightwave 1 ends exactly? May 13th? May 15th? Later? Having the specific end date will make it so players can wait to use their Wolf Creds, and not fear of losing them if they wait too long.

And yes, I'm waiting so I can see more choices from the Nightwave store, in case something catch my eye before I empty my purse buying Potatoes.

For those that got the mask from this alert, were you farming the lower one for the speed of more runs or the higher difficulty one?  I admit I will be mad if by the end of this weekend I do not get the mask to drop but RNG can be fickle that way and it really should have been something to buy for Wolf Credits as being Nightwave rank 50 and not getting the mask would end up being something really bad.

4 minutes ago, DarknessMuta said:

For those that got the mask from this alert, were you farming the lower one for the speed of more runs or the higher difficulty one?  I admit I will be mad if by the end of this weekend I do not get the mask to drop but RNG can be fickle that way and it really should have been something to buy for Wolf Credits as being Nightwave rank 50 and not getting the mask would end up being something really bad.

same situation ... a progression like the thermia fractures where at each 5 kills you were garantteed a part would have been amazing ... i'm at 20 kills from even, still no mask ( rank 48 )

5 hours ago, LSG501 said:

This is clearly DE's 'solution' to the continuing complaints about spawn rates... 

I'd have rather have had higher spawn and better part drop rates but (cynic in me) we can't have that because obviously the plat sales of the wolf parts would be hurt...

What part of being able to force spawn the Wolf makes you think the plat sales aren't already like a tenth of what they would be otherwise?

5 hours ago, LSG501 said:

They could have avoided needing a 'forced' event so we could farm the parts by having a decent amount of spawning in the first place.  We've had people saying 5 weeks (if not more) that they still hadn't seen the wolf.

That is the worst possible idea.  Then you'd both have people who wanted the wolf STILL not getting him, and people who are sick of him getting him all the time.  What we now have is far better than that sort of thoughtlessness.

Some people don't play much.  Some people play for tens of hours a week.  Some people have nearly unbelievable rng outcomes.  IF your complaint is about not being able to get the sledge, you have no legit reason to complain about this.

28 minutes ago, DarknessMuta said:

For those that got the mask from this alert, were you farming the lower one for the speed of more runs or the higher difficulty one?

I got mine from the higher difficulty one.

~2 minutes per run.

32 minutes ago, DarknessMuta said:

For those that got the mask from this alert, were you farming the lower one for the speed of more runs or the higher difficulty one?

I got mine from the lower difficulty one on the ~30th run, am now farming the higher one with a friend 40+ runs in no mask. (maybe my friend has rly bad luck idk)

Archived