Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Here's my honest opinion about the story.

wixzre

Truth be told, I love warframe's story. But I feel that when the new war comes out we should get a person to talk to us during missions, not buggy recordings of the lotus anymore. Perhaps Teshin, or the quills leader or even someone new entirely could fit the bill. It's time to move on from the lotus because it seems that she has moved on from us. Don't get me wrong, the lotus was awesome but to be honest, her leaving during the prequel to the sacrifice made the game feel a bit lonelier. To DE's credit, I think that was their goal. However, it's time for a new mission director character because I think it would fit well with the tenno's character arc to have to give up the recordings in order to move on. I also don't think that having the lotus come back would be a smart story choice.

Anyway, my vote's on papa Teshin. What do you guys think?

Edited by wixzre
  • Like 4

I'm fully expecting New War to end with either Lotus being "saved" by us or that everything was planned by her to force us to grow without her and motivate us to take on the Sentients.

Ultimately leading to Lotus continuing to be our leader with nothing really changing outside of the story.

Just now, Marekthejester said:

Gosh i would love having him doing all the lines too. 

Yes especially the whole "the lotus doesn't love you" comment made me think, maybe just maybe he wanted to warn us about the future and is actually a double agent for the quills. 

hace 18 minutos, 0_The_F00l dijo:

Yes especially the whole "the lotus doesn't love you" comment made me think, maybe just maybe he wanted to warn us about the future and is actually a double agent for the quills. 

That make some sense... Until you remember that you killed him around 100 times to get equinox. So he may not have a nice opinion about me and probably help me isn't what he wants xD

Edited by Dragoncroac

1 minute ago, Dragoncroac said:

That make some sense... Until you remember that you killed him around 100 times to get equinox. So I don't think he has a nice opinion about me and wants to help me.

Vox and Alad V don't even remember me despite me killing them multiple ways, so I am not too concerned. 

6 hours ago, JakeTrans said:

Personally I would like a choice, I'm a bored with the operator being of the opinion "Lotus can do no wrong, she needs saving"

Operators are children who lost their parents, that's the point of the story

5 hours ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

Operators are children who lost their parents, that's the point of the story

I get that I just would like to have the choice of either the operator siding with the lotus or trying to find their own place in the universe.

10 minutes ago, JakeTrans said:

I get that I just would like to have the choice of either the operator siding with the lotus or trying to find their own place in the universe.

& then what? You really think that DE's gonna make new quests for each player based on every choice possible in the game? We already have 1 year between each story quest

EDIT: You can't add choices that can change the story in a game like Warframe

Edited by Xenox_Ilz-ot

To be honest all I want is the ability to switch from glitch Lotus to Ordis (or others), not saying Lotus should be cut out completely

from example at the end of the sacrifice there may have been a extra option  something like "I don't want to hear Lotus right now" and ordis or someone become the voice in your ear so to speak.

In the new war you could either have a choice to double down on that or go back on that.  But to be honest I just want a change of voice.  Either way  either Lotus returns as the leader to a possibly (in story) less loyal Tenno or vahishes in the void (whatever DE plan) and the universe carry's on. Regardless of the choce

I don't believe a ability for the operator to be at least though the chosen responses be able to doubt the Lotus would destroy the story. In the same way there is a choce to kill the queen or not.

Just my thoughts

I place the odds of some version of Lotus/Margulis being restored, being high. If not for just for preserving the audio assets. We already have mission directive from handlers like Teshin, during quests. This will, likely be the case during New War quests activities.

Though if, like in previous quests, you may see Lotus messages if there are generic missions in the quest. In those cases you will likely see a mix of glitch Lotus, and the new handler. Like you would if you replay a quest. 

Last point, is perhaps weaker, but you hear the Lotus summon you to her helmet. Or, was it Margulis? Either way, this may be a clue that either the Lotus or memory of Margulis struggles against the Sentients.  

If so, expect that most the Lotus lines will remain, perhaps now rebranded as Margulis, along with new lines to reflect this transformation. 

9 hours ago, (PS4)MoRockaPDX said:

Last point, is perhaps weaker, but you hear the Lotus summon you to her helmet. Or, was it Margulis? Either way, this may be a clue that either the Lotus or memory of Margulis struggles against the Sentients.  

I like your point here. My guess is that it must be Margulis because like Rell in the chains of Harrow quest he lived on in some way and during one of the story missions we heard Margulis talking to Ballas while walking through luna. To me, it seems that the lotus has completely abandoned the tenno and will likely try to complete her original mission.