Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to make a proper thread in General Discussion

(XBOX)Tucker D Dawg

• Literally. If you don't include this word, your post will literally carry no weight. it will literally be as unreadable as the game is literally unplayable.
  • Everyone.  You have to speak for everyone. The same everyone that is leaving the game. Or the same everyone they that quits a mission when the wolf spawns e.g.
  • Wants. IF you don't state your wants as absolute needs, DE will not implement them. So never say "I want console to get updates when PC does", but something like "Consoles need to get updates when PC players do". Never "I want crafting requirements of XYZ to be lowered" but rather "Crafting costs for XYZ needs to be cut in half".  See how much better that sounds?
  • Endgame. While speaking for everyone, be sure to include everyone's definitive goal for endgame. You know endgame better than anyone. Its not a problem that warframe can't have endgame since you know what everyone (the same everyone as above) considers endgame, and therefore you know it can't exist.
  • Nobody. This is the large group of nobody's that is the opposite of the everybody you speak so loudly on behalf of.  The same nobody that never needs endo. The same nobodies that like frame or weapon X.  You can speak with the same authority for the nobodies as you do for the every bodies.
  • Likes. You need to think about likes when you write a post. Since there is no downvotes, you must realize the true badge of honor on the forums is to have tons of likes.  So throwing a few animated gifs in there should help.
  • Competition.  You need to bring up the competition - suggestions here include threatening to leave to go play Destiny, How much better the world would be if DE was more like Bungie, or why Epic does battle passes so much better than DE.
  • Veterans. never forget we wouldn't be here if it weren't for the veterans - so if you are one, be sure to remind new players how things used to be when they were nothing more than a twinkle in their daddy's eye.  And if you aren't a vet, you better remember to remind the vets how elitist they are.
  • Swear.  A lot.  extra special bonus points for creative spelling of shyte and m07herfv(k1ng scrubs.  Remember, no one will take you seriously, like an adult, if you don't swear like a sailor.
  • Exclusives.   Your thread will not make two pages long if you don't talk about exclusives.  Doesn't matter if you are the communist type that thinks everyone should get everything at MR1, or the dbag that epeens with their exclusive skin while admiring themselves in the mirror.  Just be sure to bring it up.
  • DE. Be sure to address DE directly "DE is this how you treat..." "DE, you need to do"... Because this is the forum for General Discussion amongst players that DE doesn't respond to.  So since you so kindly addressed them, now they will definitely get right on it.
  • Content.  If you don't complain about the lack of new content, your post is doomed before the ink is dry.  Extra bonus points for complaining a day or two before they release a major update.
  • Statistics.  Like any rational discussion, it is never complete until you throw in some statistics.  Perennial favorites, if you can't make any up on your own on the spot like most people, would be things like "90% of players quit", "I ran the mission 100 times".  Don't worry, you can ignore that  100 runs would take longer than the game mode has been available, or that DE knows how many players quit - nice numbers like 100 and 90 roll off the page and sound good.
  • Quit.  Yup - quit the game.  But before you do - be sure to include all the above points in your farewell address.  Bonus points for including all the above in the post that says you quit a while ago (but for some reason are still reading this).  Well, you don't have to quit - in fact we all know you didn't, nor will you,  but it is so cathartic to write that essay about how Warframe was your life, and now your life is over, and you're moving on, its not you its them...

• Like 4

Huh I thought the proper thread was something more in the vein of "Complaining people can buy an Ignis Wraith calling it a slap in the face to vets hard work while also simultaneously having a statement from the OP saying that they give out BPs for it for free, thus making it arguably less effort than grinding 200k credits and 550 ducats."

The more you know.

You forget "Watch this 40min clickbait rant video by some youtuber because I am incapable of forming and expressing my own opinions"

Edited by Guest

9 hours ago, Sajochi said:

OP, you're not clever. You were supposed to post this in feedback. Not off-topic. Everyone knows nobody reads off-topic. 

hmm - I did forget the "Wrong Category" category. Post feedback or bugs in General discussion.

4 hours ago, Aldain said:

Huh I thought the proper thread was something more in the vein of "Complaining people can buy an Ignis Wraith calling it a slap in the face to vets hard work while also simultaneously having a statement from the OP saying that they give out BPs for it for free, thus making it arguably less effort than grinding 200k credits and 550 ducats."

The more you know.

Thought this was covered under a 1-2 punch of Veteran and Exclusivity - but I admit, nonsensical angst might deserve its own category.

3 hours ago, Pr1A said:

You forget "Watch this 40min clickbait rant video by some youtuber because I am incapable of forming and expressing my own opinions"

Ah this I did forget... the classic Rehash & regurgitate.  Although the cynic in me sometimes thinks its just the youboobers alt account trying to generate views.

Hey Everyone! I'm literally here to tell you I will quit this game. Why? Well, nobody wants endgame, nobody likes competition and the veterans swear too much (oh, shucks). As for you DE, don't you dare release exclusives, and throw all the content you're working on in the bin, we all know it's 100% trash, and that's not a prediction, it's a spoiler. So, yeah, I quit. Bye!

• Like 1

On 2019-05-19 at 2:18 AM, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg said:
  • Literally. If you don't include this word, your post will literally carry no weight. it will literally be as unreadable as the game is literally unplayable.
  • Everyone.  You have to speak for everyone. The same everyone that is leaving the game. Or the same everyone they that quits a mission when the wolf spawns e.g.
  • Wants. IF you don't state your wants as absolute needs, DE will not implement them. So never say "I want console to get updates when PC does", but something like "Consoles need to get updates when PC players do". Never "I want crafting requirements of XYZ to be lowered" but rather "Crafting costs for XYZ needs to be cut in half".  See how much better that sounds?
  • Endgame. While speaking for everyone, be sure to include everyone's definitive goal for endgame. You know endgame better than anyone. Its not a problem that warframe can't have endgame since you know what everyone (the same everyone as above) considers endgame, and therefore you know it can't exist.
  • Nobody. This is the large group of nobody's that is the opposite of the everybody you speak so loudly on behalf of.  The same nobody that never needs endo. The same nobodies that like frame or weapon X.  You can speak with the same authority for the nobodies as you do for the every bodies.
  • Likes. You need to think about likes when you write a post. Since there is no downvotes, you must realize the true badge of honor on the forums is to have tons of likes.  So throwing a few animated gifs in there should help.
  • Competition.  You need to bring up the competition - suggestions here include threatening to leave to go play Destiny, How much better the world would be if DE was more like Bungie, or why Epic does battle passes so much better than DE.
  • Veterans. never forget we wouldn't be here if it weren't for the veterans - so if you are one, be sure to remind new players how things used to be when they were nothing more than a twinkle in their daddy's eye.  And if you aren't a vet, you better remember to remind the vets how elitist they are.
  • Swear.  A lot.  extra special bonus points for creative spelling of shyte and m07herfv(k1ng scrubs.  Remember, no one will take you seriously, like an adult, if you don't swear like a sailor.
  • Exclusives.   Your thread will not make two pages long if you don't talk about exclusives.  Doesn't matter if you are the communist type that thinks everyone should get everything at MR1, or the dbag that epeens with their exclusive skin while admiring themselves in the mirror.  Just be sure to bring it up.
  • DE. Be sure to address DE directly "DE is this how you treat..." "DE, you need to do"... Because this is the forum for General Discussion amongst players that DE doesn't respond to.  So since you so kindly addressed them, now they will definitely get right on it.
  • Content.  If you don't complain about the lack of new content, your post is doomed before the ink is dry.  Extra bonus points for complaining a day or two before they release a major update.
  • Statistics.  Like any rational discussion, it is never complete until you throw in some statistics.  Perennial favorites, if you can't make any up on your own on the spot like most people, would be things like "90% of players quit", "I ran the mission 100 times".  Don't worry, you can ignore that  100 runs would take longer than the game mode has been available, or that DE knows how many players quit - nice numbers like 100 and 90 roll off the page and sound good.
  • Quit.  Yup - quit the game.  But before you do - be sure to include all the above points in your farewell address.  Bonus points for including all the above in the post that says you quit a while ago (but for some reason are still reading this).  Well, you don't have to quit - in fact we all know you didn't, nor will you,  but it is so cathartic to write that essay about how Warframe was your life, and now your life is over, and you're moving on, its not you its them...

Haha!

Awesome post. :clap: :crylaugh:

Great summary of literally the entirety of General Discussion (oops).

On 2019-05-18 at 8:18 PM, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg said:
  •  

Another example to add that i encountered recently, only using the first letters of insults toward somone example : ds, db, ft.

On 2019-05-18 at 6:18 PM, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg said:

slow clap GIF