Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE needs to chill with the grind!

I have been playing Warframe for a long time now, I love it and I've been fine with the grind up until this point because things have been getting ridiculous! Down below is a list of all the days I was able to farm the Wolf and how many attempts it took to get the Saturn six mask to drop! Nearly three hundred attempts is beyond ridiculous and has to be the single worst case of RNG I have ever experienced! Unfortunately, this is just a symptom of a much larger problem and many players have been talking about, but this is my opinion on some things that I haven't seen being addressed.

My first biggest issue with RNG is the riven system. I have a huge stock pile of rivens that I would like use, but unfortunately, it's nearly impossible to get a usable, much less Godley roll! Most of the time you'll get something that's completely counterproductive to the weapon or just completely useless, like why in the hell do you have a chance to get negative damage or multishot on a roll? Nobody would ever use something that Completely undermines the base damage of your weapon! But the biggest issue by far with kuva, is how much kuva it takes to roll rivens and how much kuva you get when farming. It's ridiculous that you need to have a resource booster and a kavat affinity buff to get a decent amount of kuva and I've gone two hours in kuva survival only to get reload and crit buffs from my kavat!

My second biggest issue with RNG is the Wolf and the other assassin's drop tables! First of all, why the hell do you have to have so much useless fluff in their drop tables!? I got so many North Winds to drop from the Wolf that it is now officially my most hated mod, yes I hate it even more than useless mods like Heavy Impact! On top of that, the damn mask only has a 2% chance to drop and that's if you can even find him with only a 6% chance to spawn, it's chance stacked on top of chance, and it's the kind of thing I quit games for! I love farming for loot and collectibles and it's one of my favorite things about the game, but the rewards just haven't been worth the grind.

Other rare items I managed to get from the Wolf and the other enemies during my quest for the mask:

11 Wolf Sledge sets

9 Templo Royale/s

32 Target acquired/s

2 Scimitar engines

1 Smoking body ephemera

1 Vengeful Revenant

Random encounters:

0zkU7Jy.jpg

Wolf Hunt weekend event:

BjKDCuU.jpg

• Like 8

So you have an issue with rng based systems, not grind.

If you have any productive feedback on how to change these systems feel free to go make a thread about them in the feedback forums.

• Like 2

By the way, the mods that Wolf drops actually drop independently from his sledge parts which also drop independently from his mask. Those mods you were getting weren't reducing your chances of getting his sledge or mask at all.

• Like 2

Yea because of this I don't see anymore that this game is fun....all I can hope is some new cinematic quests and that's it...all the rest is going interesting for a couple a days max. And that's it....

its a looter shooter an as such there gonna be grinding.
its not a get everything shooter.

If you cant handle the rng grind then dont play any games with combat an loot mechanics, as your need for instant gratification is too hight to be playing any game if RNG is too tedious for you.

i have played warframe quite abit an yes i have raged over some rng rolls people have gotten but havent said "screw rng i give up". i just go an keep playing an hope i get what i was gridning for.

1 час назад, Ced23Ric сказал:

2% is bad RNG, and DE knows it, too. 

sure. 

lets do everything 100%. nIcE IdEaS

after memories from mmorpg games with like 0,1% drops from bosses and etc - its so funny to read those cryings 😄 

3 минуты назад, (XB1)ShadowBlood89 сказал:

its a looter shooter an as such there gonna be grinding.
its not a get everything shooter.

golden words ❤️ sadly, there are bunch of weak players who act like “im playing 28 minutes per day, i dont have more time, and i want to have  everything in a game with ez, why u are not implementing this!!!1”

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ced23Ric said:

2% is bad RNG, and DE knows it, too. 

2% for a costmetic that doesn't matter that much. (How often do you use your Operator? How many times do you look at your Operator from the front (during actual gameplay))
Not saying that 2% are fun or anything. But come on, it's just a cosmetic...

Edited by WhiteMarker
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Melanholic7 said:

golden words ❤️ sadly, there are bunch of weak players who act like “im playing 28 minutes per day, i dont have more time, and i want to have  everything in a game with ez, why u are not implementing this!!!1”

when i started i was like >.> OH my i want this an that an that one too
i went into recuiting to have ppl take me to the boss missions to open the way to other maps as i was around during the planet nav segments.
once i had the boss fights open i farmed frames quite hard an when i learned of new things i could farm for. O.O where i go to farm for those.

some people are saying warframe is being too noob friendly, other saying its too complete, other are even saying it lacks luster.

Yes at start of the game the grind is hard but the new tenno these days have no idea what the grind is really like as they never played before alot of the mechanics that are in teh game that make it easyier to grind were not around.

I often try to find newer players, scoop them up an force feed them knowledge
<,< noobs take my agressive love for the game an become better than i was at your mastery rank. NO were going here as you need this stuff, i dont care your warframe is bleeding we can patch it up with some ducktape while were loading in.

While those who dont want to grind there are options of buying stuff with plat to get it right away

The Riven system is absolute garbage, it puts even the ridicilousness of WoW's titanforge to shame on how much layers of RNG it has and the Kuva grind is the most unrewarding part of the game. DE's logic on creating the Riven system, combined with the restrictions on the number of Rivens a player can have is upside-down, it is not just bad, it is infurieting horrible. We know what stats are good, we don't need to test "Projectile flight speed" on hitscan weapons, or "Slash damage" on weapons that don't have slash. Rivens shouldn't be allowed to roll stats that the weapon don't have. I can rant on that for days, but outside that though, the grind of Warframe is on the low end compared to the majority of looters.

Edited by Highresist

12 minutes ago, Melanholic7 said:

sure. 

lets do everything 100%. nIcE IdEaS

after memories from mmorpg games with like 0,1% drops from bosses and etc - its so funny to read those cryings 😄 

Look, I know you're feeling really cool over there after grinding Lineage II for three years to finally get the S-tier staff for your dark elf monk with the curves-revealing robe, but DE have said, themselves, that they are aware that current drop rates for certain items are too low and too frustrating and will raise them in the near future. Not wanting 2% doesn't mean asking for guaranteed drops, but nice strawman.

5 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

2% for a costmetic that doesn't matter that much. (How often do you use your Operator? How many times do you look at your Operator from the front (during actual gameplay))

Dunno about you, but I use my operator all the time. Be it for fast traversal, spy, Eidolons, energy supply, what have you, the operator can be a great tool, if you took the time to invest into focus and amps. And since I use the operator a lot, I also painted and dressed my operator up, because this is a multiplayer game, and personal expression is part of the gameplay loop. "It's just cosmetics" is a fallacy. It's a cop-out. And it's not about how often I look at my operator, it's about how often others look at my operator. That's the core essence of fashion frame here. Otherwise, we'd all run around in basic color frames without attachments, and no one would care about Ephemera. But since this is an MMO, and personal expression is part of the gameplay loop, from effort, to resources, to rewards, the mask is, like any other item, like a gun, like a warframe, part of the gameplay and not "just a cosmetic".

I have the mask, by the way. In case this is some elitist bullcarp about not wanting to "put in the effort". I did my 56 runs of Wolfie, and I got the mask. And I'm still saying 2% is too low - and DE knows it. Getting in my face about any of this is pointless, when the developer has already acknowledged this and will improve drop chances in the future. 

17 minutes ago, Shadow-Spawn said:

The gaming community is calling out for less of a stupid grind - higher drop rate changes - less RNG in the game.

DE respond with eerie silence + Nightwave season 2 = Grind you fools.

.......... you dont bother to watch any of there streams do you as they often talk about what they are planning for the most part.
they wont say 200% of everything that is happening behind the scenes but if you want DE to post every lil tiny detail of what they doing. down to the how many times the staff bath rooms toliets were flushed every hour of the day.

people complained about alerts being too random, DE goes an makes a system where you can earn quite abit of the alert only items at your semi leasiure

• Like 6

7 часов назад, trst сказал:

So you have an issue with rng based systems, not grind.

If you have any productive feedback on how to change these systems feel free to go make a thread about them in the feedback forums.

Yes just like 100500th person who already did only to get completely ognored.

What is it, de has 20iq for whole developer team and cant grasp concept of freaking TOKENS so players have to repeat it every day in every forum topic?

Цитата

Doe that Excalibur prime is also just a reskin. Just a literal alternative skin, a cosmetics

Now feel free to trade it i.e sell oe vote for evereyone to get access to it.

You wouldnt.

And if its "just" a cosmetics, why those horrendous drops? If it's "just" cosmetics, lte freaking people buy it or get as any other rewrds. That hypocricy I cant even. Its "just" cosmetics so we'll have it drop 10 times less than everything else on the table. 

Edited by -Temp0-

5 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

Yes just like 100500th person who already did only to get completely ognored.

What is it, de has 20iq for whole developer team and cant grasp concept of freaking TOKENS so players have to repeat it every day in every forum topic?

DE staff has alot on there plate as they cant look at every forum post, answer every support ticket in less than 5 seconds, work on future content,  check for bugs, work on reworks an balances.

ALOT of work goes into running a game that is ever evolving an DE staff is not like those of big companies. DE treats there staff more like a family as if you ever watched the documentry skillup did on warframe you would understand what DE has gone through just to get warframe to beta to public phases.

so unless people like you have any know how on how to do anything on developing an running a digital game you have no right to be bashing the IQ of any game developers staff at all

so how about you develop a game by the end of tuesday?
have everyone play it an post say about 600 tickets per minute while you answer those tickets, fix the bugs, work on future updates of that game.
All in under a week.
If not then learn to respect game developers more as guess what. What i was demanding of you is small scale version of what hundreds of thousands players are demanding out of DE.

Edited by (XB1)ShadowBlood89

14 minutes ago, Highresist said:

The Riven system is absolute garbage, it puts even the ridicilousness of WoW's titanforge to shame on how much layers of RNG it has and the Kuva grind is the most unrewarding part of the game. DE's logic on creating the Riven system, combined with the restrictions on the number of Rivens a player can have is upside-down, it is not just bad, it is infurieting horrible. We know what stats are good, we don't need to test "Projectile flight speed" on hitscan weapons, or "Slash damage" on weapons that don't have slash. Rivens shouldn't be allowed to roll stats that the weapon don't have. I can rant on that for days, but outside that though, the grind of Warframe is on the low end compared to the majority of looters.

what if we just ripped out the riven system for runic slabs and inscription line to a stat for a mat cost using kuva and rare mats? :O

Just burn that mindbust of rng for keeps lmao

13 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

Doe that Excalibur prime is also just a reskin. Just a literal alternative skin, a cosmetics

Actually, it's a separate warframe, with stat variations and its own Mastery associated with it. Not a valid comparison.

Цитата

DE staff has alot on there plate

Of course.

Like those sweet sweet cosmetics they keep popping as hot pankaces and never too busy to not discuss them for 20 minutes straight on devstream but always too busy to discuss an actual GAMEPLAY.

Цитата

so unless people like you have any know how on how to do anything on developing an running a digital game you have no right to be bashing the IQ of any game developers staff at all

You're the one who doesnt know shts about it, everything you listed goes to DIFFERENT depatments and it takes only ONE person to actually bring the topic of token that is both DISGUSTINGLY easy and quick to implement, community manager, but she as the rest of the of the oh so good crew wastes time with supid questions on devstream like when the next tennogen round is coming up, when we will get hydroid prime trailer and when the next deluxe is coming out instead of asking a single freaking guestion, when they will ADD BLOODY TOKENS YOU EVEN HAVE IT IN UGLY FORM FOR ARBITRATION HOWS YOUR MEMORY THAT SHORT.

Цитата

Actually, it's a separate warframe, with stat variations and its own Mastery associated with it. Not a valid comparison.

It absolutely is not, it does SAME BLOODY THINGS AS A REGULAR EXCALIBUR, its the same freaking warframe like any other prime warframes, its a literal reskin.

And no one cares about a couple k of additional mastery.

Edited by -Temp0-

Just now, -Temp0- said:

Of course.

Like those sweet sweet cosmetics they keep popping as hot pankaces and never too busy to not discuss them for 20 minutes straight on devstream but always too busy to discuss an actual GAMEPLAY.

You're the one who doesnt know shts about it, everything you listed goes to DIFFERENT depatments and it takes only ONE person to actually bring the topic of token that is both DISGUSTINGLY easy and quick to implement, community manager, but she as the rest of the of the oh so good crew wastes time with supid questions on devstream like when the next tennogen round is coming up, when we will get hydroid prime trailer and when the next deluxe is coming out instead of asking a single freaking guestion, when they will ADD BLOODY TOKENS YOU EVEN HAVE IT IN UGLY FORM FOR ARBITRATION HOWS YOUR MEMORY THAT SHORT.

those cosmetics you have no idea how many months they were already in development.
tennogen is player created items, but guess what those players set a baseline blueprint of the item an DE staff has to work to make the models an stuff for it.

people never think about what goes into making stuff, just only expect that if they *@##&#036; an moan about it enough they it will magically poof into completion

19 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

Now feel free to trade it i.e sell oe vote for evereyone to get access to it.

You wouldnt.

1. Do you know me? I couldn't care less if Excal Prime gets released for everyone.

2. Do you really think that it's a good diea to bring up Excal Prime? Do you want me to derail this thread because of your post? Then let's go for it.

3. As someone already said, Excal isn't a skin. He was never a skin. He is, and was always, a seperate Warframe. Something completely different to the Wolf's Mask.

4. Just for the lolz: My Excalibur Prime is better than any Excalibur you will ever get. ^^