Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I don't think DE knows how large clans generally work.

Poolboy

I think too many players have no idea how clans generally work. 

Take OP situation, for example. A group of dedicated players. New clan event incoming. They probably know how it will work.

What to do?

A. Look at the players list and kick anyone who have not logged in for years or need only clan-tech and trading post. Downsize the clan. Done.

B. Casual players do log in regularly, play together, help with research and even talk to each other? I suspect they will want to get their hands on Vandal weapons then. Maybe some of your dedicated players would even want to help their clan-mates?

C. Pass the message around: "Need ~7.5k points each, have 2 weeks, lets gather at usual time and get that trophy".

D. If it is simply not possible for your dedicated players to hit the goal and casual players can not participate at all, make a new clan for casual players and one for trophy hunters. Form an Alliance.

or

E. Bemoan DE ineptitude on forums.

• Like 1

On PS4 I had a mountain clan or most of the people had stop playing or very rarely played back before you could downgrade I kept the research going mostly solo... Is downgraded to a storm clan now and I can probably downgrade it again if I kick the people who had been out more than 200 days.  I don't really want to do...

I mostly have moved over to PC now I'm staying with ghost clan, just me and one other guy who also came over from PS4.  Bigger clans are a hassle I recommend to just don't do it.

Edited by (PS4)Eluminary

If you want to be at the top tier then you need to start managing your clan properly. Warframe is one of the first games where I've seen large clans complain about having to cull members so much. In other games it's simply expected that the larger clans/guilds/teams will boot you if you aren't active for very long or you're particularly bad at the game and they're not a clan that specifically is meant to help you improve.

Say what you want about Quasars (I've probably said it, too) but you can't dog on their hustle. They make sure they keep active members and they make sure they're always there when the clans are called upon.

• Like 3

How they are (more than 70% inactive) 

And how they should be (50% active) is not really an indicator of competence. 

It is OK to not get gold in events focused on team effort if your objective in creating the clan was just to relax with friends or to help new players. 

But if it was you need to manage it well. 

Casual clans should not expect to be top tier in ranking, they need to be casual tier. 

I might sound harsh, but I don't think I am being unfair when I say that. 

Edited by 0_The_F00l

On 2019-05-23 at 10:06 AM, Tangent-Valley said:

Meanwhile, I'm freaking over what me and my 3 person Ghost Clan is going to do. X'D
(We're all active and really try-hard when we have to, but......I mean, we don't even make a Full Mission Squad. X'D XD)

Ghost clan with 2 people in totally different time zone here.

On 2019-05-23 at 10:47 AM, Poolboy said:

I'm in a mountain clan, and I'd say that about 70% of people in it are veeeeeery casual players, or just dead. How are we, the passionate palyers, supposed to get a gold trophy if we want it? Why does DE insist on making scoring a sum of individual high scores, rather than a lump of all scores? It just favors neophyte clans like Quasars and disincentives clans that aren't anal about how many times and when you log in. 

Recruitment should work just fine , DE has nothing to do with this.

Building a clan to let people do what they want having a place simply to trade, hang out or get research vs paying for plat has made it clear. To not care about clan activity or it's events at all much like DE's done for about two years. DE's not going to add in weapons or frames that are exclusive to clans which are exclsuive to events, which are exclsuive to the top clans. So asides for some reskined trophies and bragging rights there's nothing to gain. I'm resigned that my clan is only going to get the normal trophy and that's fine. no one ever notices the plague star golds and no one ever will. 

Grinding Storm clan babies 20k+ (mr10 and lower) by running 3 good players with them. I have not stopped since the event dropped. We are a teaching clan just happened to be in the top 5 rn, i'll probably go till Monday.

Edited by Midas
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

Burning hot opinion 

I dont think the players knows how DE wants their clans to work. 

We really don't because for 2 years asides for "showcased clans" nothing has happened. Ever.

1 minute ago, Fire2box said:

We really don't because for 2 years asides for "showcased clans" nothing has happened. Ever.

Clans imho should be used to form repetitive trial groups. Trials should be difficult and not something that is easily done publicly.

Although DE should have a ton of trials by now. Open world had MANY trial opportunities.

Edited by Midas

Just now, Midas said:

Clans imho should be used to form repetitive trial groups. Trials should be difficult and not something that is easily done publicly.

But that's not what clans are for. Clans have what feels like half of this games weapons locked behind them and at least 3 frames, nearly all archwings. Also it's funny you mention Trials as those are gone the reason being "no one played them" despite DE never telling players they even exist let alone the good rewards (Arcane energize, Guardian) you could obtain from them. 

I dont think DE knows how humans in general work.

And why clans is a thing for 'exceptional' people, the absolute minority that seek interaction withing the game, and not majority that tries to just freaking relax and get away from the exact same thing.

Цитата

Go play classic wow, dont poison normal games with this bs.

Especially with asinine rewards that warframe has for it's "end game activity"

Edited by -Temp0-

@Poolboy, my dude, you don't qualify for passionate player so you can't speak for us. The "neophytes" you are talking about earned their gold 10 times over while you scored bare minimum in most events. Please don't embarrass me personally with these threads and i will not embarrass you.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

I dont think DE knows how humans in general work.

And why clans is a thing for 'exceptional' people, the absolute minority that seek interaction withing the game, and not majority that tries to just freaking relax and get away from the exact same thing.

Go play classic wow, dont poison normal games with this bs.

Especially with asinine rewards that warframe has for it's "end game activity"

well whats your idea for endgame? Something that rewards nothing and requires trivial thought? Thats all content in this game rn imo. Idk what to do honestly with wf.

I'm currently the only active player in my clan everyone left because of melee 2.9. I stopped kicking those not active so it does not look like a clan of 1.  

I solo'd myself to the weapons but a trophy seems unlikely. I guess I will downsize to a ghost clan when the event is over. 

you wana win a gold trophy without having most of your clan participate for it?
Then you point out that large clan scores should be decided on the output of a few of the members instead of all of the clan members? How does that even make sense.
Put away your hate boner for Quasars btw, it's nasty.

If you wana get gold trophy that much, either revitalise your clan or join a clan that is more active.

• Like 2