Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Fulmin a better Baza?

Ikyr0

I havent used it a lot yet, but I wouldnt call it a better baza. the single-shot feels more powerful, and the full-auto doesnt feel as accurate or smooth to fire as the baza. 

and yes, the auto isnt silent, only the single shot. 

• Like 1

il y a 21 minutes, Ikyr0 a dit :

Baza is one of my favs. Got a Fulmin cooking, been looking at builds. It seems to be a better Baza, same Riven dispo. T/F?

Tbh it feels nothing like the Baza. Baza is an SMG at best, this behaves like a SCAA or an AR. Power wise... Ehhhh. The auto rifles in general are bad, Baza isn't really an exception and neither is the Fulmin, tho at least with the Fulmin you can go full spray without a care in the world since it has recharging ammo. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ikyr0 said:

Baza is one of my favs. Got a Fulmin cooking, been looking at builds. It seems to be a better Baza, same Riven dispo. T/F?

I would say the Baza is better, but than again I got a riven for it.

as for the Fulmin it a really great weapon without a riven, and I look forward to the day I get one for it.

18 minutes ago, Firedtm said:

I would say the Baza is better, but than again I got a riven for it.

as for the Fulmin it a really great weapon without a riven, and I look forward to the day I get one for it.

I also have a Riven'd Baza that I use on my Ivara. Just wondering if the shotgun mode of Fulmin would be better when built for viral/HM.

I'm also curious how people find the AR mode damage-wise, compared to Baza. I don't care about the silent feature necessarily

Edited by Ikyr0

I've tested the Fulmin (5 forma, no riven) against level 130 Corrupted Heavy Gunners and Bombards. Tried corrosive with argon scope, with bladed rounds, and with hunter munitions each separately. The rest were Serration, Split Chamber, Point Strike, Vital Sense, Lethal Torrent, Shred, Pathogen rounds.

Some take aways:

- Shotgun mode is great against multiple weak targets. Projectile radius smaller than Catchmoon's so you'll need decent aim. No good against tough targets.

- Auto mode takes longer than shotgun against weak hordes although Shred's punchthrough helps. Much more effective on tough targets than shotgun mode.

- Against high level single targets, auto mode with corrosive hunter munitions killed the fastest. Shotgun mode was no where close in terms of time to kill against a single target.

Only thing that bothers me is how awkward the secondary fire makes the weapon look. Your frame is literally holding the barrel attachment in its off hand and resting the gun's grip on its wrist. I'd much rather it either float next to the weapon, get stowed somewhere on the frame, or just vanish entirely when not in use.

4 hours ago, DeerioJim said:

I havent used it a lot yet, but I wouldnt call it a better baza. the single-shot feels more powerful, and the full-auto doesnt feel as accurate or smooth to fire as the baza. 

and yes, the auto isnt silent, only the single shot. 

The single shot is a projectile, not hitscan.  It has travel time, and evaporates after a certain range.  (I'm not sure how far, but it's definitely not a "shotgun sniper" like the Tigris.)  The pulse is silent, the auto-fire mode is not.  Auto-fire is hitscan, and seems to have the same limitations as any other hitscan weapon.  (IE, there'd be damage falloff if you tried to use it at extreme range on the plains, but otherwise it hits instantly and seems to respect normal rules for Punch Through.)  It also seems to have pinpoint accuracy with no bullet spread.

The other thing to be aware of is that it uses a recharge mechanic, like the Cycron (I think that's the name) Corpus pistol or any kitgun pistol with the Charge Arcane.  Each shot in Pulse mode takes ten ammo, while auto-fire mode uses a single ammo per shot.  It has a default magazine of 60.  It seems to recharge sooner, and replenish faster, if you don't empty the magazine.  I'm not certain of that since I made no effort to time it.  But it felt that way when I used it.

Switching modes is slightly faster for Wisp.  The Auto-fire mode also benefits from her Haste mote, which causes it to effectively increase her DPS.  I hadn't paid enough attention to say if it has any effect on the recharge time.

4 hours ago, xXRampantXx said:

Only the "shotgun" mode on the Fulmin is silenced.  The auto mode isn't.

You know, I question the point of a silenced SHOTGUN.

I mean unless you're a stealth frame who for some reason wants to be in close range with something that isn't a dagger for instakills I guess it makes sense in a weird way.

Its like putting a sniper scope on a shotgun, neat, but about as useful lips on a fish.

1 hour ago, Alkarnus said:

I've tested the Fulmin (5 forma, no riven) against level 130 Corrupted Heavy Gunners and Bombards. Tried corrosive with argon scope, with bladed rounds, and with hunter munitions each separately. The rest were Serration, Split Chamber, Point Strike, Vital Sense, Lethal Torrent, Shred, Pathogen rounds.

Some take aways:

- Shotgun mode is great against multiple weak targets. Projectile radius smaller than Catchmoon's so you'll need decent aim. No good against tough targets.

- Auto mode takes longer than shotgun against weak hordes although Shred's punchthrough helps. Much more effective on tough targets than shotgun mode.

- Against high level single targets, auto mode with corrosive hunter munitions killed the fastest. Shotgun mode was no where close in terms of time to kill against a single target.

do you think silenced shotgun Fulmin would be better on Ivara than the Baza?

27 minutes ago, Ikyr0 said:

do you think silenced shotgun Fulmin would be better on Ivara than the Baza?

Depends on what you're using it for.  She'd still turn visible in auto mode because it's not silent.  And the pulse mode will eventually struggle against heavily armored enemies like Bombards, just because their damage resistance gets so stupid.

But if you equip an upgraded Shred, the pulse will punch through a lot of "hall trash" enemies, so it might be okay for doing a solo Exterminate if you're not in a hurry.  Gather the enemies up with Noise Arrow, make them hold still with Sleep arrow, and blap the minions with the pulse mode for the Stealth damage bonus and to build up the stealth XP multiplier.  I haven't tried it, so I'm sure there's the normal rules that now prevent you from just headshotting everyone in the group with a silenced sniper rifle.  (Shoot one, get stealth XP.  Shoot a second one in a close group, even asleep, and loose the bonus.  Because reasons.)

2 hours ago, EmberStar said:

Depends on what you're using it for.  She'd still turn visible in auto mode because it's not silent.  And the pulse mode will eventually struggle against heavily armored enemies like Bombards, just because their damage resistance gets so stupid.

But if you equip an upgraded Shred, the pulse will punch through a lot of "hall trash" enemies, so it might be okay for doing a solo Exterminate if you're not in a hurry.  Gather the enemies up with Noise Arrow, make them hold still with Sleep arrow, and blap the minions with the pulse mode for the Stealth damage bonus and to build up the stealth XP multiplier.  I haven't tried it, so I'm sure there's the normal rules that now prevent you from just headshotting everyone in the group with a silenced sniper rifle.  (Shoot one, get stealth XP.  Shoot a second one in a close group, even asleep, and loose the bonus.  Because reasons.)

im still not sure if i wanna dedicate 4+ formas to this gun. i dont care about the forma, but the few hours it takes to level up the gun.

2 minutes ago, Ikyr0 said:

im still not sure if i wanna dedicate 4+ formas to this gun. i dont care about the forma, but the few hours it takes to level up the gun.

Sorry, I can't help there.  I enjoyed it enough to put more forma on it.  But I'm an extreme outlier compared to a "normal" Warframe player and what most people seem to want from the game.

I am putting Formas and going to get a Riven for this. Because of the recharging magazine.

Now I have total ammo independance.

Man, I don't really look at optimized builds but the Fulmin seems like its headed for nerf city! 

I just stacked serration, split chamber, vigilante armaments, high voltage and malignant force and this thing was just wrecking just about everything I was coming across in burst mode and I'm going to try and finish it up with hammer shot, point strike and vital sense to see how it works out since that will jack the critical chance and damage up a bit.

As it stands I'm probably going to replace my current favorite weapon (Vaykor Hek) with the Fulmin well until the expected nerf goes through. 

just think as Baza is the 1st SMG tenno that have silencer attach to it like h&k mp5-sd for a feel of the combat gun it felt pretty good for the 1st time memory for the gun.  However, Fulmin is the MP9 gun that has zero recoils with infinite bullets but giving respect for both guns still for the fact clip beat recharge for full ammo.

I liked both these guns and they shouldn't be forgotten or claim which one is better than the other one which they both has a good handshake as partner still in the future.

1 hour ago, Ikyr0 said:

it shouldn't be taking several hours each time you rank up. 3 waves of ESO is...6 minutes? 7.5? i can't recall but the whole process shouldn't take more than 15 minutes 0 to 30 AT MOST if nobody on your ESO team is nuking things.

14 hours ago, Ikyr0 said:

In terms of Kill times.... Its strictly better on 4 forma
Add the 5th Forma for a full Heavy Calibur and they're similar

I prefer my silent death shotty though, even if you have to get close.... its not like most frames have issues getting close to enemies in general