Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

ESO is killing my will to play Warframe

Chaincat

Neo N10 Relic. Neo N10 Relic. Neo N10 Relic. Neo N10 Relic. Neo N10 Relic. Every time I run ESO, all 8 waves, that's all I get. Sometimes I'll get a different relic, but that's bar none the most common. I legitimately despise this game mode. I can get through it, but I hate every second of it. But because it has the Ephemera I want, the only Ephemera I actually care about, I don't have much of a choice. I don't care about focus farming, I don't bring gear to level. I don't care. I just want the Blazing Step Ephemera so I can move on. But every time instead, it's just another Neo N10 Relic.Once I get it, I'm never going back to ESO. If it was rotation C repeating, maybe I'd care enough to keep going, and I probably would have it by now with significantly less burn out. But nah, 10 waves? still getting harder? That should be rotation A, throw a lith relic or a tiny amount of endo at them, it'll be fine.

Seriously though, I'd honestly rather if the ephemera was a reward for a milestone than just a random drop. 100 waves of ESO over your account, or 20 waves in one run, I dunno. Something that makes a finish line. A "you did it!" instead of a "I got lucky" since apparently people have gotten several. I've been running this since about when ephemeras were added and I still don't have it. It's not even about it being too hard, it's just a drain on my life. 20 minutes of my life objectively wasted. These relics aren't rewards. Endo isn't a reward. The only things that are worth anything to me at this point are the braton and lato parts, the mods, and the ephemera. And even then the braton and lato vandals I already have.

I know it's just a cosmetic, but it's honestly the only thing I really want to farm for right now. I took a break to get wisp, do the operation, and whatnot, but this is honestly just too much. I doubt DE will ever buff the drop rate. I just hope they give it an alternate location so I can at least spend less of my life hunting it in a game mode I despise.

EDIT: Why did I say "since about ESO was announced" instead of when ephemeras were added? I was probably tired and just wanted to rant.

Edited by Chaincat
  • Like 5

Same problem, i think they could fix the problem by adding the same drop rate every 2 waves or put It as drop from enemies in waves 8 and the drop rate could be 0,01%.

Edited by Uan91

I suppose you are aware of the low drop rate and the lack of guarantee that you'll get it at some point, so I doubt you'd find any sympathy from the community and you definitely won't get any attention from the devs in general.
I'm in the same boat as you, but use ESO to get some focus or mastery as well, eases off the disappointment when the relic drops. 

Also, DE have announced that there will be a general change to E/SO drop rates, that's why this is the only Ephemera with untouched drop rate.

Edited by Ver1dian

You should post this in the Feedback part of the forum, DE doesnt read GD. I completely agree with you, these low drop chances on 20-something minute runs are murdering every will to play warframe.

The problem with ephemera was that DE's primary goal was for very few people to have them and the route they took was just to make their drop chances low. So statistically they achieved their goal.

The only advice I have for you is to play other games here and there until DE does something about that S#&$ty drop rate.

"Minor Arbitration Drop Chance changes: We've bumped the Ephemera and Aura Forma Chance in Arbitrations. ESO table review is next on our list to do but may not make this Update. We do not have major changes to Arbitration pacing right now, but we are still working on plans. "

Source:

I farmed it myself and it was horrible, but now that they confirmed to buff it (sometime), you should really stop.

It's not even worth it, it's imo the worst ephemera of them all.

Yeah that drop is stupid.  I kindof see what they thought.  "Hey they'll be doing ESO anyway for Focus.", but I'm sure I'm not the only one to have maxed focus and doing it just for the ephemera is rough.  If it's helpful, what I did was just run it once a day to max standing with syndicate.

4 hours ago, Chaincat said:

so I can at least spend less of my life hunting it in a game mode I despise.

Don't go in to an active farm thinking about that white elephant. It will always feel like it takes forever to drop. 

While you're in ESO, use it to level weapons (or test forma-ed builds), gain focus to cap your waybounds, get radiant relics to increase ducats / plat selling. Make that the primary objective, and eventually you'll have the ephemera. 

I started ESO for focus. Every day for a month. Finally had it drop. Only thing that made it manageable was not thinking about it. 

I'm kind of at the same point but I don't want the ephemera, I want the Braton Vandal blueprint and Lato Vandal blueprint. I don't know how many runs I have done, but I started focus farming in ESO around October or November. Doing a daily run or multiple runs to zone 8. I maxed out my focus stuff and slowed down on runs but still try. I still can't get these blueprints to drop.

It's not like ESO is difficult, it doesn't take long to go to zone 8. It's just dull. I get rng but it's been literally months. I do these solo, but so many times I start it up, go through the portal and just abort the mission. It used to be fun, but I'd rather watch the roomba in my orbiter than do ESO anymore.

I don't envy you at all. I've been going there to focus farm for maybe a month now and the ephemera dropped once for me. Those are not good odds if you're focusing on that ephemera.

The odd drops in ESO are just downright sad. 9.999999999999999 times out of 10 its a relic.

ESO made me realize how poorly implemented the concept of ephemera is.

They expect people to grind for(get lucky lol) a silly cosmetic with piss poor drop chance.

The rewards are just lacking in this game these days and do not justify the time spend.

I used to love this game but these days I don't find many reasons to play it.

7 hours ago, Chaincat said:

Neo N10 Relic. Neo N10 Relic. Neo N10 Relic. Neo N10 Relic. Neo N10 Relic. Every time I run ESO, all 8 waves, that's all I get. Sometimes I'll get a different relic, but that's bar none the most common. I legitimately despise this game mode. I can get through it, but I hate every second of it. But because it has the Ephemera I want, the only Ephemera I actually care about, I don't have much of a choice. I don't care about focus farming, I don't bring gear to level. I don't care. I just want the Blazing Step Ephemera so I can move on. But every time instead, it's just another Neo N10 Relic.Once I get it, I'm never going back to ESO. If it was rotation C repeating, maybe I'd care enough to keep going, and I probably would have it by now with significantly less burn out. But nah, 10 waves? still getting harder? That should be rotation A, throw a lith relic or a tiny amount of endo at them, it'll be fine.

Seriously though, I'd honestly rather if the ephemera was a reward for a milestone than just a random drop. 100 waves of ESO over your account, or 20 waves in one run, I dunno. Something that makes a finish line. A "you did it!" instead of a "I got lucky" since apparently people have gotten several. I've been running this since about ESO was announced and I still don't have it. It's not even about it being too hard, it's just a drain on my life. 20 minutes of my life objectively wasted. These relics aren't rewards. Endo isn't a reward. The only things that are worth anything to me at this point are the braton and lato parts, the mods, and the ephemera. And even then the braton and lato vandals I already have.

I know it's just a cosmetic, but it's honestly the only thing I really want to farm for right now. I took a break to get wisp, do the operation, and whatnot, but this is honestly just too much. I doubt DE will ever buff the drop rate. I just hope they give it an alternate location so I can at least spend less of my life hunting it in a game mode I despise.

At least you still have somewhat of a goal .

10 hours ago, Chaincat said:

Seriously though, I'd honestly rather if the ephemera was a reward for a milestone than just a random drop. 100 waves of ESO over your account, or 20 waves in one run, I dunno. Something that makes a finish line. A "you did it!" instead of a "I got lucky" since apparently people have gotten several. I've been running this since about ESO was announced and I still don't have it. It's not even about it being too hard, it's just a drain on my life. 20 minutes of my life objectively wasted. These relics aren't rewards. Endo isn't a reward. The only things that are worth anything to me at this point are the braton and lato parts, the mods, and the ephemera. And even then the braton and lato vandals I already have.

All the people that spent hours upon hours as well hunting for blazing step would be frustrated if you changed its drop rate lol.

It does not even look that good.

All future ephemera's should be incredibly hard achievement based items for people who want a goal to work towards with a reward.

You ever heard of time lost protodrake? No? Its just a cosmetic buts its like finding the holy grail.

Edited by Midas

21 hours ago, Drachnyn said:

You should post this in the Feedback part of the forum, DE doesnt read GD. I completely agree with you, these low drop chances on 20-something minute runs are murdering every will to play warframe.

The problem with ephemera was that DE's primary goal was for very few people to have them and the route they took was just to make their drop chances low. So statistically they achieved their goal.

The only advice I have for you is to play other games here and there until DE does something about that S#&$ty drop rate.

I didn't post it in feedback because I don't think I'd really be adding anything to the discussion, and DE already has plans to mess with ESO's drops. Plus, they didn't buff this ephemera's drops so at the time, i didn't think they'd even consider it, especially since the braton has been 1% for a while, and I doubt they'd want to disrespect players who already ground *that* nonsense out.

20 hours ago, 16Bitman said:

"Minor Arbitration Drop Chance changes: We've bumped the Ephemera and Aura Forma Chance in Arbitrations. ESO table review is next on our list to do but may not make this Update. We do not have major changes to Arbitration pacing right now, but we are still working on plans. "

Source:

I farmed it myself and it was horrible, but now that they confirmed to buff it (sometime), you should really stop.

It's not even worth it, it's imo the worst ephemera of them all.

And it's simultaneously the only ephemera I want since I'm an ember main (I know, but she is supposedly getting a rework so I'm hopeful) and no matter how bad it looks it'd probably be the only ephemera that goes good on her. That said, if the buff is Soon then it may be in my best interest to stop, yeah...

17 hours ago, sleepychewbacca said:

Don't go in to an active farm thinking about that white elephant. It will always feel like it takes forever to drop. 

While you're in ESO, use it to level weapons (or test forma-ed builds), gain focus to cap your waybounds, get radiant relics to increase ducats / plat selling. Make that the primary objective, and eventually you'll have the ephemera. 

I started ESO for focus. Every day for a month. Finally had it drop. Only thing that made it manageable was not thinking about it. 

I could honestly care less about focus, and I don't even have lenses atm. I have my starting zenurik lens on my ignis I take, but that's it. I get the sentiment, I really do, but the point stands that I despise this game mode, even before ephemeras were added. As much as I hate the eidolons as bosses, they're at least more rewarding to fight, and even at my current level of focus I can pull of a 3x3 with a good squad. It may not be the most efficient way to get focus, but if focus is my goal, I'm going to eidolons. Sure, the relics will be nice for ducats or a bit of plat, but it still stands that I would rather go farm different missions for those things. Locking down Xini with Limbo is barrels of fun, and I get tons of relics, most of which have high demand items inside, and traces aren't terrible to farm. ESO is a monotonous game mode, and I despise it. I'm never going back once I get the ephemera. It could be removed from the game and I'd probably say warframe is a better game for it since that means the drops have to go to more enjoyable game modes.

TBH, I really just made this post to rant into the void. I doubt DE will change it meaningfully, which is why I didn't put this in feedback. Also, you know, I'd probably be a bit less hyperbolic and dramatic about it and try to be constructive about it. Thanks for the replies, everyone. Maybe I'll get it after they rework eso.

16 hours ago, Chaemyerelis said:

I don't envy you at all. I've been going there to focus farm for maybe a month now and the ephemera dropped once for me. Those are not good odds if you're focusing on that ephemera.

The odd drops in ESO are just downright sad. 9.999999999999999 times out of 10 its a Neo N10 relic.

FTFY. Seriously, I'm honestly more upset that it's always that specific relic. I'd be significantly less miffed if it was a different relic but nope, neo 10 every time.

42 minutes ago, Chaincat said:

I could honestly care less about focus, and I don't even have lenses atm. I have my starting zenurik lens on my ignis I take, but that's it. I get the sentiment, I really do, but the point stands that I despise this game mode, even before ephemeras were added. As much as I hate the eidolons as bosses, they're at least more rewarding to fight, and even at my current level of focus I can pull of a 3x3 with a good squad. It may not be the most efficient way to get focus, but if focus is my goal, I'm going to eidolons. Sure, the relics will be nice for ducats or a bit of plat, but it still stands that I would rather go farm different missions for those things. Locking down Xini with Limbo is barrels of fun, and I get tons of relics, most of which have high demand items inside, and traces aren't terrible to farm. ESO is a monotonous game mode, and I despise it. I'm never going back once I get the ephemera. It could be removed from the game and I'd probably say warframe is a better game for it since that means the drops have to go to more enjoyable game modes.

Yeah, it's not for everyone, that's a given. Only reason I put up with ESO and Arbitrations was simply because I need focus and endo. Without those, I completely agree with you. I'd do it for the reward and never touch the game mode again.

• Like 1

Why are you guys doing this to yourselves?

I accepted I won't get that Ephemera because I find ESO to be the most uninspired and shallow game mode in Warframe.

It was a mission intended for something else that DE admitted to abducting and turning into a Focus farm and it shows. There's no variation in play style, approach or objectives.The factions are random so there's not even much team variation. I'd be ashamed to have made an entire game mode that's less than a Breach from path of exile.

4 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Why are you guys doing this to yourselves?

I accepted I won't get that Ephemera because I find ESO to be the most uninspired and shallow game mode in Warframe.

It was a mission intended for something else that DE admitted to abducting and turning into a Focus farm and it shows. There's no variation in play style, approach or objectives.The factions are random so there's not even much team variation. I'd be ashamed to have made an entire game mode that's less than a Breach from path of exile.

In my case, it's because it's the only thing I legitimately want to farm for. I have most everything else I care about, all the frames in rotation, all the corrupted mods, all the articulas. And it's the final piece for my Ember to be complete. Like I said earlier, once I get the ephemera I'm never touching the game mode again. Then I'll go back to over optimizing my Ember, maybe join the 100 Forma Losers Club with my Ember, and make all the weapons, mastering them in game modes I enjoy like regular survival, or fortuna bounties, or disruption, or just good old exterminates.