Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some of these newer players these days..

-Krux-

On 2019-06-04 at 2:34 AM, Im_a_Turtle said:

Purposely TK'ing a player when he's simply bad mouthing? That seems childish to respond like that, just tell him to get f**** and ignore him. All TK'ing is going to do is commence a battle between you and him and not playing with the rest of the team.

No, I would not waste my breath on them... I rather kill them. 

[Sometimes "Toxic" Players need to be brutally dealt with in-game.]

If you play in public then you will encounter people playing with builds and weapons that you personally do not like, that is too bad, but unless they are actually cheating then there is nothing you can do as it's public.  You will also encounter impatient children, grumpy vets, people who only play one frame and dump on all the others and many more flavours of people.  All of that is exactly the reason that I've just turned off voice chat and I don't bother looking at the text chat when in a public mission, it's not worth my time. 

If. as a player, you are that bothered by the specific frame/weapon builds that people bring along then there is a channel where you can try to recruit people to join your squad.  From there you can hopefully assemble a team who have a similar idea about how to play the game.

• Like 1

I’m relatively new but I see storms on the horizon.  DE can right the ship but it’s trending towards a more toxic playerbase.  I believe because:

1. Games with traditionally toxic playerbase are dying.  Games like fortnite and world of Warcraft, especially wow, are hemorrhaging players.  It’s funny because friends I know who play FF14 are also reporting increased toxicity as the old daycare games are losing players.  I’ll admit I’m a wow refugee but I like Frost and Chroma too much which leads to 

2. The DPS meta is toxic as well and needs changing.  It’s too limiting on frames people can bring without being yelled at by ultra efficiency players (the most toxic of all imo, I’d know I was one in wow) and pressured to play frames you don’t want to because “meta!!!”  That’s on DE to fix, and I get that they are working on other things but please DE, do a history search on this kind of stuff in online games and fix it before it’s too late.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, (PS4)Admiral_Aetius said:

Sadly ignoring someone won't stop you from queuing up with him.

Should be. I rather run solo than with a toxic player I ignored.

Per the point, I have only played for little more than a year and the current hang outs for toxic people bleeding there players out to other games does play a factor. I know I have trouble finding other games to play due to all the crap being put in the market no of days. I enjoy online games but end up in private co-op games with friends. This game wouldn't have held my attention as long as it has if I couldn't set it to friends only.

Also want to add that Vet is a loose term most use wrong. Being elitist and egotistical because you happen to play slightly longer or know something over who is getting attacked does not make them a vet. Max MR does not make a vet. Those that might be Vets of the game and are still toxic are sad to see that they rather ruin the game than help it get better.

15 hours ago, -Krux- said:

used to be this one, sorry you're late. It's still better off than other games in comparison.

What other games are you referring to? because you can't compare a PvP game to a PvE.

This game is bordering the ridiculos where if you criticize someone for their stupid behaviors, you are labeled as a toxic player and threatened to be reported...

Edited by bibmobello

2 rules for playing with Pugs, 

1. Keep your mouth shut
2. Keep other players muted

Do these things and you'll be happy, live long, prosper and will find no need to rage quit or report other players.

On 2019-06-02 at 11:38 AM, -Krux- said:

This game, for as long as I've been here, has been praised for it's player base and friendly community.

Has anyone else noticed, since this game has become a little more well known, that there's been some toxic players here n there? I had a scrub, the other day, screaming at me over his mic and call my gf a b*tch (she was playing with me) because I didn't get to extraction soon enough for him.

I know people are going to say to just report him, but I'm not recording everything I do but whatever - it was a sad little guy that I can happily ignore. But I can't imagine seeing any CoD MLG types on this game from 6 years ago up to 3 or even 2 years ago. Not saying this game is littered with them, but this kind of experience was unheard of.

Anyone else bump into any toxicity recently or at all?

All I know is if someone is doing something that is a reportable offense, dont tell them your gona report them, just do it.  Same goes for ignore.  Dont mention it.  It's like throwing wood on a fire. Toxic players look for anything that they consider an affront to themselves and will try to get there pound of flesh any way they can.  Report and ignore but dont waste one word on them, that's what they feed off of.

On 2019-06-06 at 1:24 PM, bibmobello said:

What other games are you referring to? because you can't compare a PvP game to a PvE.

This game is bordering the ridiculos where if you criticize someone for their stupid behaviors, you are labeled as a toxic player and threatened to be reported...

It's true, big difference between PVP and PVE games for sure. But no, what I'm calling "toxic" is really immature behavior. In my OP, I described a dude screaming at me and my gf because of something trivial and had language for us that was uncalled for. I'm not hung up on it but it had me thinking enough to reach out and ask others if they've experienced similar things recently. The better comparison to make is now vs this same game in the past. I think it's better concluded as others have said that simply because of the growth of the playerbase, we're naturally spiraling in that territory.

And as @(PS4)Ashagin said, obviously blocking them is all you can do and all you need to. I don't think this thread should be misinterpreted as anything other than "are you seeing what I'm seeing?". I'm not up in arms and I'm not encouraging anyone else to be, lol.

4 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

That doesn't sound like a new player, old players are the ones who go faster than most.

In this case, he was near extraction and got there before others. He didn't know how to leave squad, low mr, he was new..

Growing toxicity was bound to happen in WF with how the current gaming market and migrational flow is like. It was the same back when I played Marvel Heroes. It had a great community when I started in early 2014, then the game racked up a bunch of rewards and grew in popularity, aswell as people were looking for something better than D3 that wasnt as complex as PoE and was more similar to D2. So people started to join the Marvel Heroes community and the toxicity increased steadily.

It was the same back then, a very poor gaming market when it came to isometric arpgs, so it was more or less between D3, MH and PoE for those that wanted the online experience.

Now it is the exact thing happening with WF since it has gained more popularity through "word of mouth" on the forums of other games like Destiny 2, Anthem and others. So those people are now migrating. But in the end I dont mind if it means more players and popularity for WF, since that means the game has something that the others dont.

I still dont know why people act toxic in a PvE game. What is there really to get upset about?

"Reeeee! Y U no go fast nuff!!?!!!one!!!eleven!!"

Wow dude, you lost 10 seconds of your life cos you had to wait a little. What the heck happens when his wake up alarm fails one day? Full on 100% green, mean Hulk machine through his appartment?

On 2019-06-03 at 2:30 AM, Birdframe_Prime said:

This, specifically, is why nobody I've spoken to that's played for more than a year still has their in-game mic active. We go to third parties, such as Discord, if we actually want to talk with people.

If the mission is one that requires communication, then it's difficult enough that I would only trust people I know and could talk to in order to get it done, and thus I would definitely be avoiding the kind of person that would scream down the mic anyway.

If the mission is not difficult enough that I would be playing with a pre-made, then I do not need to communicate with the other players unless it's for fun. I can easily use text-chat at that point, so I will communicate there instead of by voice.

After long experience, in-game voice chat really can just be toxic, and I've not bothered with it myself in... four years.

I disabled my in-game voice chat about 3 or 4 months into playing. During a mission, right before that, some dude went ham about something and started yelling at everyone in our group. I don't even remember why but I'm sure it was because we weren't playing the way he wanted us to all play. It was weird because I didn't even know voice chat was enabled before that, so it caught me totally off guard to have someone yelling in my ears that wasn't Lotus or Ordis, lol.

Needless to say, I immediately disabled voice chat after that mission. And if anyone approaches toxicity via text chat I have no reservations hitting ignore.

• Like 1

Warframe is a PvE based game, that is why toxic behaviors is way lower compared to other games. 

In WoW toxicity in PvE is increasing cause lately Blizzard has this clow attitude to force Esports in everyone throat and when you create an E sport, people will take that as a reference on "how to play" and META, trying to force it even in the most face roll content. 

As a fairly new player here I did not find the same behaviors, probably  few times someone wrote something but that is probably 1 case every 200.

What I think can create toxic behaviors in this game is the fact that leechers are not punished in any way in this game. 

Afk hide in ESO not even resurrecting the nuker if he dies? Rewarded by getting the most exp. 

Go ruin Eidolon for others hoping to get carried? Rewarded, with same loot as others that were trying to be helpful. 

Go with 3 leveling weapons in sortie? Rewarded, while others do the work. 

There are ton of attitudes that are tolerated in this game that are frustrating. And no, playing solo should not be the "go to" excuse to ruin experience on others. 

And before people think I hate new players, there is a difference between the person that afk 99% and do something just to avoid afk tag, and the poor new player with Boltor that shoot 4 magazine trying to kill one enemy. I will gladly help the second player, the first one should be kicked and lose all of his exp and rewards. 

59 minutes ago, Bregastor said:

What I think can create toxic behaviors in this game is the fact that leechers are not punished in any way in this game.

Yes, but punishing this sort of behaviour would also prevent people from doing nice things. I can't count the number of times that I've had a newer player ask to see what the higher level content is like, or join us on levelling runs, or just be in mission with us for fun.

Funnily enough a friend's 8 year old son is one of the better Warframe players I know because of this exact thing, directly showing him how people play at higher level has basically boot-camped him into top-tier status by that osmosis that children seem to possess. Shame the little bugger moved on to other games, so if you're ever in a battle royale or FPS PvP and some guy named T1NY gets you... probably on a team with his father Z3R0... That's an 8 year old and he's having the time of his life ^^

Still, these kinds of things really wouldn't exist anymore, and allowing a player to join content so they can learn how to play it is one of the more fun aspects of teaching players how to Warframe. So that's why leech-punishing doesn't exist.

On 2019-06-02 at 9:51 PM, xV3NOMx said:

Sometimes, I wish there was a method to go "Hostile" against another Player in-game to kill them when they have become bothersome, similar to "Diablo 2" game function on multi-player servers.]

There is though i cant remember if you can inflict radiation on yourself. I do know you can touch a laser in an orokin map, get rad procd and then kill your team mates.

2 hours ago, Bregastor said:

In WoW toxicity in PvE is increasing cause lately Blizzard has this clow attitude to force Esports in everyone throat and when you create an E sport, people will take that as a reference on "how to play" and META, trying to force it even in the most face roll content. 

Except noone is forcing you to join these groups and noone is forcing the META upon you .

Let's be honest people that complain about ""being forced to play the meta ""in any game are just toxic casuals .

Edited by Spectre-8
  • Like 1

I am someone who scored various oldHC/Mythic full clears, and played in realm first guilds, so I don't consider myself a casual. 

I was talking about BLIZZARD(not players) forcing E-sport in every game, imo WoW is not something that can go well with E-Sports.

When E-Sports happen and have a lot of visibility that put stupid ideas in stupid players mind, like meta being something that MUST BE FOLLOWED. 

No one is forcing you to play Meta, but you will face the meta when you try and join pug groups. 

"Oh, no one played this X class during E sports event so this class must be S#&$" 

This mentality proceed to create "discrimination" even for content where min-maxing is not a problem. 

I agree with you man, people that think meta is needed even for the stupid content are noobs, but belive me there are more than you think out there. 

In organized good groups or guild, you don't see this cause people are usually skilled enough to be aware that meta is not something that must be followed 100% but in pug groups you see people asking for meta classes for ridiculous content.