Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So .. convince me to use Ivara ..

Vit0Corleone

1 hour ago, Vit0Corleone said:

Agreed, but the thing is, I really like her a lot. I just don't see the point of using her when trying to do things efficiently.

Its a case of the right tools for the job.

You're not meant to just use 1 frame for everything...they all have their strengths & weaknesses, so you use them for missions which play to their strengths.

Edited by FlusteredFerret

I also really like the frame but rarely use her.
Imo other than cheesing endless missions, there is always a frame more efficient for the task at hand, than Ivara.

With that said, when I do take her out it is to have a good time 🙂
Running around with a glass cannon, concentrated arrow build is very fun/enjoyable and you should try it out!

If you're mostly into playing solo Ivara feels like an essential frame for me. I farmed almost all my focus with Ivara + one melee weapon for each school. All my weapons I have also ranked up with the stealth affinity from prowl + sleep arrow. It's like a mini game in the game to never drop the stealth affinity which is rather fun. She just makes every mission feel very relaxed and killing enemies often becomes optional.

One thing to consider is to have ~300 duration for survivals, otherwise you might end up killing too fast to be able to utilize steal.

6 hours ago, Vit0Corleone said:

Took me quite a while to get Ivara. I was really excited to get her, as I really like her theme, design and abilities. But .. I see myself very rarely using her, outside of just sight seeing ( I used her to explore the new Jupiter tile set ), or if I feel like playing sneaky ninja style and take 20 minutes to finish an extermination mission .. 

The thing is, game is so fast paced, that it's hard to even justify using Ivara because of how slow she moves while in Prowl. And because she is so squishy, that all it takes is a higher level enemy to sneeze at her and she's dead.

Her survivability pretty much relies on staying invisible all the time, but of course doing so means slooooww movement, which, is sort of miss placed considering how fast paced the game is.

It's like when I'm using Ivara, I'm not really playing Warframe as it is, but sort of a different game.

Even for spy missions, where she's supposed to excel at, I end up almost always using Loki, simply because he does it well and way faster. As long as you know the vaults, there's really no reason to use Ivara. Which is funny in itself, because I farmed Loki before Ivara, precisely to make farming Ivara easier. Ended up knowing vaults pretty well, and now I don't really see why use Ivara for Spy missions at all LOL!

I would like to use her more. Really like her theme, design and abilities, but it's hard to justify to myself using her when there isn't really any activity that I can think of where I could say "Ivara is the right choice for this task".

So, I'm curious, players that use Ivara frequently, how do you do it, and why?

Do you go to pub groups and slowly roll your way to extraction while everyone waits? Or do you just play solo?

Is there any situation where Ivara is the right pick that you could share?

I guess what I'm asking for is ideas that convince me to use her more, because as of currently, I have a hard time justifying picking her over other frames.

Also, out of curiosity, was her movement always like this while on Prowl, or was this a nerf that happened some time ago?

Aside from being the ultimate spy vault, gg wp ez mode frame?

Sure thing.

let's start with the first ability. Ivara is the absolute best frame to level a weapon if you play solo since she is really easy to mod for range and efficiency and put the whole map into sleep mode and get you perma 500% exp  so you can get a weapon from 0 to 30 in a single mission. Her sleep arrow also stops anything from moving regardless of level. Very useful if you need some breathing room from relentless assaults. The invisibility arrow can really save your squad in some situations and the rope line is extremely useful in some vaults and boss fights (lephantis for example)

Her 2 is situational but can be devastating in eidolon hunts and with glaives (if you're into them obviously)

Her 3 is the key to complete some riven challenges, get extra loot from some enemies (sentients, cough) and trivialize spy vaults.

Her 4 is a magic bow, a mothaf*****g magical bow. Use it, no really. USE IT. Especially on greeners, they love it

@Vit0Corleone It is a common misconception that fast equals efficient in this game and in general. While I am not going to argue that here, I will point out stopping to smell the roses oft times leads to greater enjoyment.

As an example: Two clan mates and I were running the daily Sortie yesterday which had a Jupiter spy mission for one part. As at lease two of us hadn't done the new spy missions we wanted to check them out. Our forth a pub was in a normal speed run mode and was also trolling the group with first Limbo, and then Loki. Somehow 🙂 we kept failing the mission due to Mr. Speed Run. However we took our time and figured out the puzzles and finally moved onto the next mission.

7 hours ago, Chewarette said:

Well, you can parkour while Prowling. Bullet Jumping somehow was broken a few months away but when it didn't break Prowl, Ivara was really efficient.

But the fact you can basically ignore everything in vaults with Ivara makes her worthy. With Loki you still have to take care about lasers and stuff.

Other than that, in Spies Sorties, I'm not Prowling 100% of the time, only in Vault. If you're bullet jumping correctly, nothing will kill you while heading to extraction though.

Afaik, you can't actually ignore the Grineer door scanners (and maybe the new Corpus scanners?) but you can shoot thoughs, so... meh. Also, eh, Loki is way faster and can just switch-teleport through lasers/scanners. Heck, even Wisp is faster/better if you just jump a bunch and use your 2 through lasers/scanners. I really don't think Ivara is all that good at spy missions compared to the others since her laser-ignoring augment is a requirement to get past lasers while the others can just teleport past.

8 hours ago, Vit0Corleone said:

Took me quite a while to get Ivara. I was really excited to get her, as I really like her theme, design and abilities. But .. I see myself very rarely using her, outside of just sight seeing ( I used her to explore the new Jupiter tile set ), or if I feel like playing sneaky ninja style and take 20 minutes to finish an extermination mission .. 

The thing is, game is so fast paced, that it's hard to even justify using Ivara because of how slow she moves while in Prowl. And because she is so squishy, that all it takes is a higher level enemy to sneeze at her and she's dead.

Her survivability pretty much relies on staying invisible all the time, but of course doing so means slooooww movement, which, is sort of miss placed considering how fast paced the game is.

It's like when I'm using Ivara, I'm not really playing Warframe as it is, but sort of a different game.

Even for spy missions, where she's supposed to excel at, I end up almost always using Loki, simply because he does it well and way faster. As long as you know the vaults, there's really no reason to use Ivara. Which is funny in itself, because I farmed Loki before Ivara, precisely to make farming Ivara easier. Ended up knowing vaults pretty well, and now I don't really see why use Ivara for Spy missions at all LOL!

I would like to use her more. Really like her theme, design and abilities, but it's hard to justify to myself using her when there isn't really any activity that I can think of where I could say "Ivara is the right choice for this task".

So, I'm curious, players that use Ivara frequently, how do you do it, and why?

Do you go to pub groups and slowly roll your way to extraction while everyone waits? Or do you just play solo?

Is there any situation where Ivara is the right pick that you could share?

I guess what I'm asking for is ideas that convince me to use her more, because as of currently, I have a hard time justifying picking her over other frames.

Also, out of curiosity, was her movement always like this while on Prowl, or was this a nerf that happened some time ago?

Was the same as you until I actually learned how to use her by using her.

She's godly.

She is very useful for pretty much every mission type, but builds differ depending on that.  Like you won’t  need a prowl build in a capture mission, but she can snipe the target with he navigator ability.

Also navigator works on glaves.  It’s sweet.

Edited by aswitz87
Stupid autocorrect

Prowl augment bypasses lasers and wall jumping and rolling doesn’t break it and solo survival stealth is pretty good which relies on manipulating enemies and killing smart

If you don’t enjoy that playstyle it’s whatever but all ivara has to do is hack like 2 consoles and parkour to the main terminal without worrying about lasers

I’ve gotten used to using stamina 1.0 on ivara and it’s not slow at all for me

Ivara's cool!

• Standard Stealth. Build for Efficiency, then whatever. Stay in Prowl and trivialize basically every element of a Stealth mission.
  • Support Build. Range, then whatever. Pop Cloak (augment creates Status immunity too) onto your allies for extra survivability; hit large groups of enemies with Sleep Arrows; set up Dashwires (with Augment they'll boost Crit Damage) for easy traversal of the map; Navigator your bolts around the place, or mess with other weapon projectiles like the Zenistar disk.
  • Warrior Build. Strength, Efficiency, then whatever (casting speed is good). Have Artemis Bow out and use Alt Fire to fire your quiver bows with zero charge time. Quick-sleep enemies and pop 'em with Finishers or line up Explosive ult shots (if you like the Artmeis Bow augment). Quiver augment is also good here. Prowl when you feel the need, but I prefer to dip between Cloak bubbles so my 3 and 4 don't double my Energy drain.

That's what I got anyways. For everything else, I summon @DatDarkOne.

• Like 2