Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So .. convince me to use Ivara ..

Vit0Corleone

1 hour ago, SenorClipClop said:

Ivara's cool!

• Standard Stealth. Build for Efficiency, then whatever. Stay in Prowl and trivialize basically every element of a Stealth mission.
  • Support Build. Range, then whatever. Pop Cloak (augment creates Status immunity too) onto your allies for extra survivability; hit large groups of enemies with Sleep Arrows; set up Dashwires (with Augment they'll boost Crit Damage) for easy traversal of the map; Navigator your bolts around the place, or mess with other weapon projectiles like the Zenistar disk.
  • Warrior Build. Strength, Efficiency, then whatever (casting speed is good). Have Artemis Bow out and use Alt Fire to fire your quiver bows with zero charge time. Quick-sleep enemies and pop 'em with Finishers or line up Explosive ult shots (if you like the Artmeis Bow augment). Quiver augment is also good here. Prowl when you feel the need, but I prefer to dip between Cloak bubbles so my 3 and 4 don't double my Energy drain.

That's what I got anyways. For everything else, I summon @DatDarkOne.

i recommend Prime Fast Hand, on her bow if you like rapid firing arrows./ using her 1 with her 4.

If you want specific reasons to use Ivara, I would say endurance content (Arbies, Survival, etc), affinity farming (similar to Equinox), spy missions, and Eidolons as dps. She is a permastealth frame with insane damage, CC, and group damage buffs. Perma Prowl (max duration), both augments (Empowered Quiver + Infiltrate), Baza/Fulmin, suppressed secondary, Orvius/CL dagger, and youre good to go. As far as I know, Octavia and Ivara are considered by far the best stealth frames in the game by the community. Of the stealth frames, I've only played Ivara so I can't comment there.

For spy missions, she's worth slotting just for Infiltrate. If you're worried about speed, just use your child to void dash and stealth up before the vault. There is also a way to move with her while stealthed that roughly equals running speed (double jump, roll in midair, glide, and repeat).

For Eidolons, she can one-shot synovia with Navigator.

I wouldn't run Concentrated Arrow for endurance type content because it doesn't scale very well. I also never build around or use Artemis. It's incredibly strong if you do though. I basically only use: Dash Wire, Sleep Arrow, and Prowl. Ivara is glass, so for Arbitrations, you wanna keep everything at a distance. That's how I like to play her anyway.

My hunch is that you've just been looking at the wrong builds. You can get started with this.

Ivara Prowl: https://imgur.com/a/2pVi2YH

Baza: https://imgur.com/a/XzT4rcP

I have hundreds of hours on Ivara. Feel free to ask any questions.

Edited by Ikyr0

Ivara isn’t just a frame, she’s a playstyle, a mindset, a roleplay. Fundementally, she is meant for solo play, a terrifying, invisible monster, only caught on brief glimpses on security cameras whenever she decides to parkour. Slowly creeping about, putting enemies into a merciful sleep as she slides a monoatomic blade deep into their vitals. For nullifiers, or other enemies too dangerous to approach in CQC, they can only watch in horror as invisble rounds shave off their shielding, finally punching into their flesh, not even able to scream as 40 rounds laced with bioweapons and set to fragment tear into their skulls. And for the truly dangerous, they also go down without a fight, as 14 arrows of hardlight ram through them and their comrades behind them, before dissolving, leaving only scorched holes in their corpses. 

@Vit0Corleone

Edited by ArchangelusAlpharius

58 minutes ago, Keylan118 said:

According to the wiki:

"The Motion Detector in some Grineer vaults will still trigger the alarms if Ivara passes through it. However, it will not damage her."

The augment works for lasers, but not some scanners.

There is one spy console in grineer spy missions that has these 2 scanners that move over the spy console momentarily that will set off the alarm even in prowl if they hit you.  That is the only thing I know of that will set off an alarm when in prowl with infiltrate mod.  All other scanners and lasers will not to my knowledge.

And to the OPs request.  Arbitration infested survival with Ivara for easy mode.  Just make sure you weapons are silenced or melee away

She can do everything. Her 4 is one of the strongest abilities in the game. Her diversity in just her 1 makes bringing a squad irrelevant. She can solo almost everything. Like you I initially looked at her as just a stealth frame but shes much more than that. Interceptions on solo are a breeze, just go into prowl and keep firing her noise arrow to keep the enemy walking round the map where you want them too. She can solo the terralyst with her 2 and pickpocketing with her 3 never gets old. Try to think of her as more than just a stealth frame, experiment with her on different game modes, and you'll wonder how you got by without her.

She is hard to get into as she needs your full attention and creativity but you will feel very rewarded for having putting the time into the farm.

Some build are hard to do without corrupted mods but she can be very powerful with normal ones and a few forma.

Have fun! 🙂

16 hours ago, Vit0Corleone said:

This is why I was looking for ideas on how to use her to her full potential, in ways that she will be performing better than the others.

Ok, since I was summoned and OP asked this specific question, I well give my answer.  The absolute easy answer after reading OP's responses is that her full potential is on full display in solo mode.  She is without a doubt the most efficient frame for solo interceptions.  

As for everything else, i will direct you to the quote below from this fine Tenno. 

5 hours ago, ArchangelusAlpharius said:

Ivara isn’t just a frame, she’s a playstyle, a mindset, a roleplay. Fundementally, she is meant for solo play, a terrifying, invisible monster, only caught on brief glimpses on security cameras whenever she decides to parkour. Slowly creeping about, putting enemies into a merciful sleep as she slides a monoatomic blade deep into their vitals. For nullifiers, or other enemies too dangerous to approach in CQC, they can only watch in horror as invisble rounds shave off their shielding, finally punching into their flesh, not even able to scream as 40 rounds laced with bioweapons and set to fragment tear into their skulls. And for the truly dangerous, they also go down without a fight, as 14 arrows of hardlight ram through them and their comrades behind them, before dissolving, leaving only scorched holes in their corpses. 

@Vit0Corleone

I completely agree with all of the above.  I play Ivara because she fits my playstyle and I have played her almost continuously for the last 3 years and 5 months.  

If you like Ivara and get good with her kit and quirks, you can even go beast mode while in groups with other Tenno.  The trick is to play her to her strengths while avoiding her weaknesses.  

I have a build that I have updated over the years that I use for all mission types.  It hasn't failed me yet.  Here is the most recent iteration of it below. 

HAIf7yk.jpg

I can answer any questions you may have about why have the mods in it that I do and/or why my stats are the way they are.  

7 hours ago, Keylan118 said:

According to the wiki:

"The Motion Detector in some Grineer vaults will still trigger the alarms if Ivara passes through it. However, it will not damage her."

The augment works for lasers, but not some scanners.

I've never been detected by anything while in Prowl, so that's likely a very rare bug, so why are we discussing about that to determine whether Ivara is worth using in Spies or not ?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

I've never been detected by anything while in Prowl, so that's likely a very rare bug, so why are we discussing about that to determine whether Ivara is worth using in Spies or not ?

There is only one laser in the Grineer vault that does that.  It's only on Earth in the side cave after going down the water ramp.  Even then its mostly only seen in Nightmare missions and Sorties.  

So, you are very correct that it's not enough or even worth considering as a reason to not use Ivara in spies.

edit:  I forgot the double lasers on one of the consoles.  For that one you just need to disable one of the lasers and infiltrate will work on the remaining one.   

Edited by DatDarkOne
clarification
  • Like 2

you don't actually have to be Invisible at all times for most content. Parkour does a good job of avoiding most Damage and taking a few minor hits here and there isn't a big deal.
you can also use Sleep Arrows in a pinch. make them stop moving, rather than you. Prowl doesn't replace Cloak Arrows either, they can be useful for yourself.

the Prowl Augment also can let you move really fast, if that's up your alley.

outside of that, the Quiver and Artemis Bow Augments can be quite nice for Damage dealing purposes.

and besides, 99% of the Playerbase isn't actually doing whatever content actually efficiently, so that goal can kinda just be dropped anyways.
whether that being Equipment that isn't actually efficient, or just the fact that it's always the Player that makes the gear, not the other way 'round.
which is mostly to say that generally people don't actually value this goal as much as they think they do, so then in that case, does it actually matter that much.

20 hours ago, (PS4)chibitonka said:

Imo i'd love if we could double the dash wire as a net trap or noose like contraption.

an instant desire of mine as well with Ivaras' release, indeed. the wires being able to be used as physical obstructions seems right on the nose.

13 hours ago, Keylan118 said:

Also, eh, Loki is way faster and can just switch-teleport through lasers/scanners. Heck, even Wisp is faster/better if you just jump a bunch and use your 2 through lasers/scanners. I really don't think Ivara is all that good at spy missions compared to the others since her laser-ignoring augment is a requirement to get past lasers while the others can just teleport past.

well, the only Warframe capable of moving through Spy Vaults faster, is Nova. so then that's Ivara sitting pretty high on the ladder for speed.
Switch Teleport is 'meh' unless you have Natural Talent. not reliable either since Teleportation will just not work in imperfect locations nowadays, instead of the smart way it was a while ago where it would automatically find the nearest valid location rather than giving an error on Cast.
if doppleganger Teleporting like what Wisp has was actually high speed, Nezha would be considered fast too. the Casting times ultimately take away almost the entire benefits that these mobility tools have. they're for bypassing obstacles, not speedrunning.

while sure, Saryn or Volt could theoretically be faster than Infiltrate, Infiltrate is more practical for those sorts of Spy Vault situations.

10 hours ago, Ikyr0 said:

I wouldn't run Concentrated Arrow for endurance type content because it doesn't scale very well.

by the same measure, vanilla Artemis Bow isn't effective either.
either form of it can deal plenty of Damage, and they both scale with the same types of Mods either way.

Concentrated Arrow does deal only about 2/3 of the maximum Damage per Shot, but you can also apply a lot more of that Damage to Weakpoints and to the Eximus/Heavies that you'd need the Damage for. since the Trash Units will die to pretty much anything just fine.

40 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

There is only one laser in the Grineer vault that does that.  It's only on Earth in the side cave after going down the water ramp.  Even then its mostly only seen in Nightmare missions and Sorties.  

So, you are very correct that it's not enough or even worth considering as a reason to not use Ivara in spies.

edit:  I forgot the double lasers on one of the consoles.  For that one you just need to disable one of the lasers and infiltrate will work on the remaining one.   

Ah yes I see which one. Been a while I haven't seen this path "open", the last time we had a Spy Sortie on Earth, I had the path on the right (above the electrified water), so no problem here.

For the double lasers, do you mean the Grineer Galleon vault ? Where there is one central room, and 3 consoles to hack (one for the door, and one for each laser spraying over the console) ? I've done this one quite often and I've always only hacked the door, never been detected here either

• Like 2

The places where Prowl shines aren't fast paced and if you don't build her exclusively for prowl her other abilities are pretty beast. 

Sooooo don't build her for prowl, build her for Artemis Bow and wreck face? 

Top tip for prowl is that you dont need to bullet jump. Get used to forward roll while in prowl instead. OK its not quite as fast as bullet jumping, but its easily fast enough as you do need to travel slow enough to pick the pockets of the mobs you pass anyhoo.

10 hours ago, Chewarette said:

Afaik, DE has confirmed it to not be a bug, so it is relevant, even if a rare occurrence (and also inconsistent behavior, which is bad).

9 hours ago, taiiat said:

well, the only Warframe capable of moving through Spy Vaults faster, is Nova. so then that's Ivara sitting pretty high on the ladder for speed.
Switch Teleport is 'meh' unless you have Natural Talent. not reliable either since Teleportation will just not work in imperfect locations nowadays, instead of the smart way it was a while ago where it would automatically find the nearest valid location rather than giving an error on Cast.
if doppleganger Teleporting like what Wisp has was actually high speed, Nezha would be considered fast too. the Casting times ultimately take away almost the entire benefits that these mobility tools have. they're for bypassing obstacles, not speedrunning.

while sure, Saryn or Volt could theoretically be faster than Infiltrate, Infiltrate is more practical for those sorts of Spy Vault situations.

Erm, switch teleport works fine through lasers since all you need to do is place a decoy, so I don't see what you mean? I wouldn't try to use it for anything else, but it is better than Ivara for the express purpose of moving through spy vaults since it's just faster. And yes, the main point of both Wisp's teleport and Loki's is to bypass obstacles. That + their better invisibility equals faster almost every single time. Both can barely be considered harder to use than Ivara's straight walking, it's not as if either is mechanically complex. So, they're more practical because they're faster (and can use that invisibility w/speed outside the vaults to avoid situations where alerted enemies outside the vault activate alarms while you're inside the vault).

5 minutes ago, Keylan118 said:

Erm, switch teleport works fine through lasers since all you need to do is place a decoy, so I don't see what you mean? I wouldn't try to use it for anything else, but it is better than Ivara for the express purpose of moving through spy vaults since it's just faster. And yes, the main point of both Wisp's teleport and Loki's is to bypass obstacles. That + their better invisibility equals faster almost every single time. Both can barely be considered harder to use than Ivara's straight walking, it's not as if either is mechanically complex. So, they're more practical because they're faster (and can use that invisibility w/speed outside the vaults to avoid situations where alerted enemies outside the vault activate alarms while you're inside the vault).

Decoy is nice and all but it'll activate the alarms if someone sees it. So at this point, better to just pick Rhino and rush through the lasers

Edited by Chewarette
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

Decoy is nice and all but it'll activate the alarms if someone sees it. So at this point, better to just pick Rhino and rush through the lasers

Nobody can activate the alarms if there's nobody to activate the alarms.
taps forehead Aren't you a murder-hobo anyway?

Also, just reactivate decoy in a ditch or something. Or, you know, complete the vault. I honestly haven't had problems with the decoy alerting enemies.

As a very high-end player who kinda has everything (and typing in a tired mood).

I use her as an EXP leveler for my weapons on adaro, since her sleep arrows have more range that equinox's sleep (but much less duration), it allows me to sleep more enemies more quickly than usual, and since I have an unusual skill of "radar eyes" where I passively use the radar to locate enemies, I'm unusually quick about it; and as an added boon, her sleep arrows don't stop you where you stand as you cast it, and she has an innate 20M enemy radar (stacks with mods) that helps too.

I mean the advice is a bit.... Worthless since this task can already be done by equinox (and more importantly her primed version) but ehh, it's an option? Really she's merely competative or slightly superior with equinox.

Alternatively, if you find a particular spy vault you're having trouble with (which is something you may have transcended) you could use her "infiltrate" augment to bypass lasers.

In all honesty, the more I think about it, she just doesn't have any role in the game; Yes she's the best EXP farmer (if you're unusually skilled) but that's so marginal for most people that ugh

She's a "relic warframe" right now, a frame that's been pushed to the side by power and feature creep.

P.S. Her sleep arrow is pretty good in conservation missions and when combined with her invisibility might give her a niche.

Edited by anonymous14z

21 hours ago, ArchangelusAlpharius said:

@Vit0Corleone

Excellent description!  Anyone who read the Gor books will remember a moment when Cabot follows a group of soldiers through thick woods. He shadows them, killing them one by one with his bow. They can't see him, hear him or hit him with their arrows and they never know when he'll strike again. Any of their officers who tried to organize a search party to find and kill him got an arrow through his head. By the time those that still live come out of the woods they were little more than gibbering idiots pissing themselves in terror. To me, that's Ivara. "A terrifying, invisible monster".