Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A sortie-ready shotgun?

BethTheBean

Question

Good evening.

Today I received another painful reminder, that I'm lacking a sortie-ready shotgun. What is the best shotgun currently? Is the Tigris still holding onto her crown, or has the Plasmor stole it away? Build info is also welcome.

If this weapon/build combo will kill everything in Warframe, that's an welcome bonus too.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

:meridian::redveil:

20 answers to this question

DONT FALL INTO THE ARCA PLASMOR TRAP !!!

If possible,  yes... get the Tigris Prime.... if not.... get the Sancti Tigris.... 

Not only is it good for Shotgun Sorties but its also good for The Elemental Enhancement Condition because 90% of its total Damage is Slash.... which is the most Saught After Damage type for misions at this level....

If you have Primed Shotgun mods and a Riven then The Vaykor Hek is pretty good too.....

• Like 1

Tigris Prime is my goto for shotgun sorties.. it cuts everything in half.

*Build is dependant on the faction but its either going to be a pure damage build or a 100% status build which you can find all over the place. I tend to use a damage build in sortie.

Edited by Zanchak
  • Like 1

"Sortie ready" shotgun?

Vaykor Hek

Tig prime

Arca plasmor

(my) Sobek

Corinth

Boar Prime

Strun Wraith

Kohm

Phage

Basically all shotties are sortie ready, except maybe MK1 Strun, regular Strun, Convectrix, and regular Boar. Its all about the effort you put into the weapon. Even the ones I say arent sortie ready can still be viable if you wanna work for it.

Most of the shotties will need a heavy forma investment, moreso if you scoop a riven for them. Some shotties don't get much benefit from Rivens as they have VERY bad disposition.

So, take your pick really, its hard to go wrong.

• Like 2

I built the Tigris Prime for that same sortie (only needs 2 forma).  Very powerful can one shot anyone on the map, 20k slash.  Youtube Layzaargaming has a nice Tigris build thats fairly cheap.  Some of the shotguns I've put 5-6 Forma in but this was really quick to get right.  Excellent against Sortie 3 with elemental resistance.  Good luck. 

10 hours ago, Datam4ss said:

TBH any shotgun works if you have all the primed shotgun mods and mod them properly.

Pretty much this. Of course, they have to properly tuned up with an adequate mod base and enough forma to use those mods. 

I've used both Heks, the Strun Wraith, Corinth, Boar Prime, Tigris Prime and a couple of others in sorties with success. There's no shortage of shotguns that can handle lvl100+ content. 

A sortie ready shotgun would be a shotgun with a catalyst and at least 4 (a guess, could be 5) polarized slots. Pretty standard for any weapon really.

Taking mission type into account... If it's a spy mission shotgun only and you Ivara then you only need a shotgun with silent battery installed. Rescue mission, who shoots in them?

And lastly there are frames who don't necessarily have to use the weapon you are carrying so who cares how good the shotgun is. e.g. Mesa (hooray for her regulators not needing a secondary weapon in such circumstances).

My fave shotgun for sorties is Saryn. Srsly though, every time I've done a shotgun only or sniper only or bow only sortie, I've never actually used the weapon, I just kill everything with frame abilities. So shotgun doesn't matter if you have the right frame.

13 minutes ago, ZeroBladeTV said:

My fave shotgun for sorties is Saryn. Srsly though, every time I've done a shotgun only or sniper only or bow only sortie, I've never actually used the weapon, I just kill everything with frame abilities. So shotgun doesn't matter if you have the right frame.

what do you do about nullifiers?

honestly i'm a big fan (now) of the Strun Wraith. It melts armor like nothing else and has a much better reload speed than the Hek and Vaykor Hek. I like the Sancti Tigris but haven't had access to a Tigris Prime farm yet- I also like arca plasmor, but not nearly as much as the Strun Wraith or even the Vaykor Hek. Hek is Crit/hunter munitions, Strun is Status