The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

what's the point of Nekros (serious)?

Ikyr0

got my free prime and im wondering what this guy brings to the table. from a first look, it seems he is basically a tank frame without any nuking abilities. as someone who mains Nidus and Nova, I'm not sure what to do with him, as he solely relies on weapon kills. i know he also enhances farming with Despoil. anything I'm missing here?

edit: thanks guys. beyond Despoil, Nekros is pretty redundant given the frames i already use. just MR fodder for me.

Edited by Ikyr0

tank with shadows of the dead augment or if you want to use the whole health conversion thing. cc especially with creeping terrify and shadows of the dead and of course despoil while enhancing farming also fills the area with health and energy orbs. oh and life support so S#&$ty survival groups are at least bearable with a nekros.

Edited by (PS4)Yes-Man-Kablaam
  • Like 2

Loot boosting + tanking/good cc depending on the build you use. He is THE loot frame. No other frame does that as well as he does it, so I would say that is his point, but the other skills are nice too.

• Like 1

He's a farm, tank and utility frame. Extremely tanky and probably the best frame for survival missions (life support and health bubbles all over the place) plus he brings alot of nice buffs with his shadows for more static missions like defense. He also brings a nice armor debuff/cc with terrify.

Game would be really boring if all frames would be good at everything...

One could say there has been lately too good all arounders which make some of the more one or two trick ponies look bad. But all in all personally at least I like to play different frames more focused on one thing and trying to make them good at those and even sometimes trying to play "wrong" frames in certain situations as challenge and variation. If all would be good at everything, game would be so much more boring.

• Like 1

For anything not involving farming, he's pretty dull and boring tbh, except for sending Nox and Bombards flying with his one of course. Lucky for him this game is all about farming though, so I tend to use him quite a lot for that, especially in solo. Just remember you need to cut up your enemies in pieces for it to make a difference, not melt them with elemental effects. Slash is your friend.

Amazing how people point out his CC and tank abilities without hating, compared to any thread about Nyx who does it a LOT better.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ...BlackSoul... said:

One could say there has been lately too good all arounders which make some of the more one or two trick ponies look bad.

exactly! you could say that's the problem i'm having: i'm already using a few frames that bring a ton of utility PLUS nuking to the table. in a sense, they do everything the game needs, and more.

Edited by Ikyr0

36 minutes ago, Ikyr0 said:

got my free prime and im wondering what this guy brings to the table. from a first look, it seems he is basically a tank frame without any nuking abilities. as someone who mains Nidus and Nova, I'm not sure what to do with him, as he solely relies on weapon kills. i know he also enhances farming with Despoil. anything I'm missing here?

edit: thanks guys. beyond Despoil, Nekros is pretty redundant given the frames i already use. just MR fodder for me.

his sole point is loot he has no other point other than that

11 minutes ago, kgabor said:

Except for Hydroid, Khora, and even Ivara if you look at the numbers.

All three of those have inconveniences. Hydroid’s isn’t super reliable, affects a small area, is active slow casting,  and has a limited number of affected enemies. Khora is similar with a lower drop rate. Ivara is slow and affects only one enemy at a time in a short range. Nekros is set and forget, passive loot boosting over a large area. If you want more loot while going about your business, you bring a nekros.

All have there places, sure. I think hydro is is better for torpid farming which is typically a tight organized team. Khora I really haven’t tried the looting augment yet. Ivara is good for boosting drops from a focused stream of enemies or only a few specific ones. Nekros is good for casually boosting loot in stuff like survival or defense where you are not a super tight team

Though Nekros doesn’t bring much else to the table aside from tanking. Ivara is great at most anything, Khora is a nice tank/dps, Hydroid doesn’t really do anything else worth while in my opinion either.

Edited by MSEP1

He's a tank and CC frame that's got great sustain.

• His first ability can hit decently hard, but is nothing to brag about. It does ragdoll enemies, though, which can be useful.
  • His 2nd ability scatters a group of enemies, strips armor, and can slow with the augment.
  • His 3rd ability isn't purely about more loot - it also brings more health and energy orbs, as well as ammo drops, and even more life support (in Survival). So it's good for lasting longer in a mission
  • His 4th ability, especially with the augment, is about keeping Nekros from taking too much damage (and also helps reduce damage on the team), while also doing free damage to enemies.

Most people only use him for the loot, but that doesn't mean it's all he's good at.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

2 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

More Loot Basically. 

HOWEVER he does have one trump card up his sleeve 

latest?cb=20180329122615

Most people forget this but Nekros's Terrify lowers enemy armor.... 

But yeah he's mostly just a Toroid Meat Grinder....

Might as well call this mod 'Press 2 to now start your own typical slasher movie', because every victim seems to run slow in those films.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DrakeWurrum said:

He's a tank and CC frame that's got great sustain.

• His first ability can hit decently hard, but is nothing to brag about. It does ragdoll enemies, though, which can be useful.
  • His 2nd ability scatters a group of enemies, strips armor, and can slow with the augment.
  • His 3rd ability isn't purely about more loot - it also brings more health and energy orbs, as well as ammo drops, and even more life support (in Survival). So it's good for lasting longer in a mission
  • His 4th ability, especially with the augment, is about keeping Nekros from taking too much damage (and also helps reduce damage on the team), while also doing free damage to enemies.

Most people only use him for the loot, but that doesn't mean it's all he's good at.

just to play devil's advocate, there are lots of frames who can tank and CC, while also being able to nuke. would you say Nekros trades off nuking for extra loot?

Just now, Ikyr0 said:

just to play devil's advocate, there are lots of frames who can tank and CC, while also being able to nuke. would you say Nekros trades off nuking for extra loot?

More accurate to say he trades off nuking for sustain. 3rd ability is useful for health and energy orbs, and even Survival mission life support.