Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Could Nyx be a sentient killing God?

Not sure if you're on about existing ones or future

Existing one - immune to most abilities last time I fought them, also has adaption to our weapons so we need to use the operator to reset or have multiple weapon/elements etc

Future ones - iirc the upcoming sentient maps are supposed to be aimed more at 'long term' players than newbies, so basically more of a challenge. 

Based on existing 'difficulty' that will likely mean total or partial nullification of abilities (think like jupiter disruption), adaptation to our weapon types (like we have now), blinding abilities (like eidolons) so we can't see anything and we'll likely be one shot. 

while Conculysts and Battalysts aren't immune to Abilities, we can fully expect that any new ones will be immune to Abilities and also disable your ability to move and also be mostly immune to Damage unless you go through some Zeldaesque walk in circles for a bit flipping switches.

yeah, we can expect them to be immune to all Game Mechanics and turn Warframe into an interactive Cutcsene, based on what we've seen recently of Sentient-like Enemies.
why have you fight the Enemy when you could just stand around and wait and the Enemy basically Kills itself? :D

26 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

also has adaption to our weapons so we need to use the operator to reset or have multiple weapon/elements etc

or just oneshot them :^D

"adapt this!"

2 hours ago, LSG501 said:

Existing one - immune to most abilities last time I fought them, also has adaption to our weapons so we need to use the operator to reset or have multiple weapon/elements etc

But not Limbo's Stasis+Cataclysm.

Limbo is the true Sentient Slayer.

scaling sentient are going to be the real challenge you ever go to the simulacrum and spawn in a level 100+ battalyst? or mimics? those bastards are super tanky as hell only gram prime or Paracesis reliably killed them quickly in my experience. Well outside of weapon buffing frames. Chroma gonna probably end up meta again.

Edited by (XB1)Dex Xean

Pretty much all debuff frames are at a disadvantage these days and I don't see that changing until DE reworks the Damage system.

The dumb part about their current Immune tactic is that it doesn't really accomplish anything; Just takes options off the table.

The whole Sentient adapting thing is just taken from their previous Prosecutors except they put a Lore excuse on it.

I've little interest in fighting enemies that cheat.

Il y a 16 heures, taiiat a dit :

why have you fight the Enemy when you could just stand around and wait and the Enemy basically Kills itself? 😄

Exploiter orb says hi xD

Il y a 16 heures, taiiat a dit :

or just oneshot them :^D

"adapt this!"

I chuckled 😄 well said

3 hours ago, Autongnosis said:

I chuckled well said

was always my preferred method of tackling - when Conculysts and Battalysts were new people rabble rabbled over how to tackle them and what would perform best after they resist several Damage Types and......... i just decided that the most fun avenue was to delete them so they couldn't Adapt >.>

il y a 58 minutes, taiiat a dit :

was always my preferred method of tackling - when Conculysts and Battalysts were new people rabble rabbled over how to tackle them and what would perform best after they resist several Damage Types and......... i just decided that the most fun avenue was to delete them so they couldn't Adapt >.>

The good times with base excal with EB blinded and channeled in melee range. And people were whining hard man. 

3 hours ago, Autongnosis said:

The good times with base excal with EB blinded and channeled in melee range. And people were whining hard man. 

Yeah, no.  I remember using excal trying to kill the one in the first quest you meet them, and they couldnt do damage, just I couldn't either.  I think I finally killed it by breaking the arms off so it couldn't attack them spamming melee until I built up enough combo to actually do something, took about half an hour or more.

17 minutes ago, Littlemike137 said:

Yeah, no.  I remember using excal trying to kill the one in the first quest you meet them, and they couldnt do damage, just I couldn't either.  I think I finally killed it by breaking the arms off so it couldn't attack them spamming melee until I built up enough combo to actually do something, took about half an hour or more.

IDK how you do it but I have never had any problem killing Lua sentients with Excalibur since TSD...EB damage used to be shared equally among IPS so it was even better in killing sentients before Umbra was added into the game.

On 2019-07-22 at 1:19 AM, LSG501 said:

Not sure if you're on about existing ones or future

you mean existing sentients like the battalyst? They are affected by a lot of abilities, including armor removing ones. 

6 minutes ago, SpacewalkerX said:

you mean existing sentients like the battalyst? They are affected by a lot of abilities, including armor removing ones. 

Tbh it's been a long time since I had to fight them and I'm sure they didn't like abilities....maybe it was just the frame I was using then. 

On 2019-07-22 at 7:46 PM, Marvelous_A said:

IDK how you do it but I have never had any problem killing Lua sentients with Excalibur since TSD...EB damage used to be shared equally among IPS so it was even better in killing sentients before Umbra was added into the game.

Ya this was when I had no idea what mods were for, before exalted weapons were modded separately.  Also, maybe this was only me but the sentient would adapt to all of IPS at once on the first threshold.  Ya sentiments are ez now, but the struggle as a noob was real.

No...reason why is because not worth it unless its umbra excal then again they could make an army of umbra frames which which some abilities would be useful if umbra frames few their chose abilities could actually disable Tau's armor type which the armor is adapted type of armor that why they were able shape themselves just nearly any shape they wanted.  It would be nice we see more umbras but no we don't see much but only see umbra's forma and umbra's mods which pose to be releasing soon but none show up, just Alagram mods that is it.