Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Build for Profit Taker

raven2k01

6 minutes ago, raven2k01 said:

Currently I'm using Inaros for survivability, a Vectis Prime for ranged sniping.
My Arch Gun is Velocitus for the opticor like charged damage.

Well, I don't know what the best setup is. But I really doubt it is this.

I would go with:

• Chroma*, or other buff frame. *Note that Chroma has durability buffs too.
  • Any high crit primary, and secondary. With different elements on each.
  • The Archgun would be Imperator (Vandal if possible)
Edited by krc473

There is no "best" build. Just the ones which most people are using and often referred as meta.

And that's for sure not Inaros because he has no dmg boosting ability.

Better try Chroma with sth like this

chromab.jpg

weapons of your choice with as many different elements as possible

or Rhino/Octavia

8 minutes ago, raven2k01 said:

a Vectis Prime for ranged sniping.

I think you first need to understand how this fight works. Just a Vectis isn't going to do the job for you

http://wegaming.de/gnarls/#orb1

• Like 1

il y a 12 minutes, lighthoof a dit :

So , Harrow then?

Not necessarily since you cannot prolong the buff. Chroma, rhino etc tend to work better. Or targeted exhalted abilities that you can use to cover more elements for the shield phase (hildryn, excal, ivara etc).

I would also suggest running a zaw with tge exodia that throws a projectile for ease of use. 

Personally my loadout is:

Toxic chroma for dmg buff and faster weapon swap / reload

Rubico modded for radiation, cold and impact 

Aklex Prime modded for corrosive, fire and puncture 

Zaw with projectile exodia modded for magnetic gas and base blast from exodia. 

Archgun isn't relevant with chroma (they all take down limbs/body fast but imperator Vandal is the comfiest one. I like velocitus for style points. 

Bring an Adarza for extra crits and healing if you want. Didn't try very hard for NW and killed in 7 mins solo. 

I found in general as chroma you're gonna have a bad time without rage/HA. Other frames might not need it as much. 

Titania can also work if you can manage cause she can literally cover all elements with her 2 exalteds. Tho she has a quite hard time surviving. She's also great for pylons phase, not so great with archgun tho. 

Edited by Autongnosis

I use Chroma (Mirage when in a squad) with Speed Holster and max strength for buffing.

Weapons:

Synapse for (innate Corrosive), Gas, and Cold.

Tombfinger for (innate Radiation), Viral, Heat, Puncture, and Impact

Redeemer Prime for Magnetic, (innate Blast), and Toxin.

I use these weapons due to Riven Mods and making use of all the Primed elemental mods I can, but Plague Kripath with Exodia Contagion, Battacor, and other weapons can be a good choice as well.

Imperator Vandal is my choice of an Arch-gun which would employ both Electricity mods and Zodiac Shred. That accounts for all 13 damage types.

My Operator uses Magus Repair and Lockdown, and my Amp has a Phahd Scaffold to one shot the pylons.

It's pretty funky but it works great for solo.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Voltage said:

Redeemer for Magnetic, (innate Blast), and Toxin.

[...] but Plague Kripath with Exodia Contagion, Battacor, and other weapons can be a good choice as well.

I tried Redeemer and Contagion and I have done 0 dmg (yes types did match) and in the end I switched back to what I was used to

il y a 1 minute, GnarlsDarkley a dit :

I tried Redeemer and Contagion and I have done 0 dmg (yes types did match) and in the end I switched back to what I was used to

Weird, yesterday i used contagion just fine. I was actually doing some DoT to the shield, I'm not even sure how? 

6 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

I'm curious what you have done that I haven't. I've done so many Profit Taker runs and haven't had an issue with either.

Just now, Voltage said:

I'm curious what you have done that I haven't.

I really cannot say.

My usual setup is Chroma, Tigris Prime for Slash, Viral and Heat, Tombfinger for Corrosive, Cold, Impact and Puncture and a Whip to clear the trash mobs (and to not die)

This week for NW I thought of trying sth different to not get bored again. First I used Redeemer Prime with Gas (and innate Blast) and I used the charge shots...and 0's all over its face. Tried a few times and eventually aborted after some minutes because too much trash I had no pleasure of killing. 

After that I tried with my Plague Kripath and Contagion and when Blast was on its face I used the Arcane and got 0 again :clem:

5 hours ago, raven2k01 said:

I was wondering what the best loadouts are to kill the Profit Taker.
Currently I'm using Inaros for survivability, a Vectis Prime for ranged sniping.
My Arch Gun is Velocitus for the opticor like charged damage.

Inaros is good  at survivability if you have healing arcanes but Chroma is faster to kill it.

It's useless to have +300 strength on Chroma if you will die every time, just use 3 umbra mods, rage and you need only 1 forma... You need few seconds to remove all the health with 200+ strength.

To me imperator vandal is better than velocitus.

Edited by bibmobello

1 hour ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

I've only had this issue in laggy Connections Or if the the Exodia Contagions do their job too quickly... hits for 0 Damage despite matching elements. 

1 hour ago, Autongnosis said:

Weird, yesterday i used contagion just fine. I was actually doing some DoT to the shield, I'm not even sure how

Thats a a feature of Contagion that isn't explained in the game.... 

Uppon embedding itself in a Targer the Contagion will deal Blast Damage over time....

1 hour ago, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

Primed sure footed is god tier for profit taker imo 

Hand Spring is pretty good too...

1 hour ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

First I used Redeemer Prime with Gas (and innate Blast) and I used the charge shots...and 0's all over its face. Tried a few times and eventually aborted after some minutes because too much trash I had no pleasure of killing. 

After that I tried with my Plague Kripath and Contagion and when Blast was on its face I used the Arcane and got 0 again :clem:

That actually is strange....  bug maybe ?

Just now, Autongnosis said:

Afaik that effect doesn't take mods tho? And it ticked even when it wasn't blast (or other damage types on the zaw)...

Yeah... that effect comes from the Contagion Itself... so it will do that with all zaws.

I'm curious to know how you guys keep your Chroma healed.  Clearly I'm doing something very wrong with my Chroma because I drop dead in 1 or 2 shots all the time with his third ability on.  Armor mods galor, lots of health, energy color on White, yet I just die so damn often.  It always feels like I'm playing Nyx.

What advice can you give me that doesn't involve spending tons of plat on arcanes?

Inaros with arcanes and imperator vandal with a riven are good enough. With Inaros, you won't have to worry dying constantly and you can just sit back while you watch some YouTube videos. Personally it's not fun to have a 300% str Chroma that dies constantly. But if you like that then you can go that route. 

46 minutes ago, Caine2112 said:

It always feels like I'm playing Nyx.

What, Nyx can stand in the middle of it all and blast away from within her bubble without getting damaged or tossed around, and also provide CC to the field. She's actually great fun for PT if combined with a buffing frame so she deal more damage. That's how I did it with my bro the first weeks.

As for Chroma you just have to always be on the move and make use of your environment to avoid too much damage. He's slow af though, so use your operator a lot and heal yourself from Void Mode with arcanes. 

1 hour ago, Caine2112 said:

What advice can you give me that doesn't involve spending tons of plat on arcanes?

clear the trash with high range whips like I do

or you need to evade more. I kinda like Pax Soar when you are in the air for 20 seconds and almost no enemy can hit you

2 hours ago, Caine2112 said:

I'm curious to know how you guys keep your Chroma healed.  Clearly I'm doing something very wrong with my Chroma because I drop dead in 1 or 2 shots all the time with his third ability on.  Armor mods galor, lots of health, energy color on White, yet I just die so damn often.  It always feels like I'm playing Nyx.

Heat Chroma (heal and extra health to feed hunters adrenaline)

Lifestrike modded melee + Hunter's Adrenaline (heal and energy regain)

Adaptation (not essential, just some extra damage reduction which is nice)

Edited by CephalonDizzy

I use magus elevate to heal chroma. 

I have tons of armor plus vex armor plus arcane guardian and adaptation. You must stay mobile. Too much clutter? Dash to the opposite direction. Destroy beacons to lower enemies spawn. 

Its even more difficult on bad pc because I dont have 60fps during the fight but still doable. When I start shooting legs with imperator, my frames just drop down to like 5-6. But then it goes back to normal.