Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Change Oberons 4!

Reaver_X

yes it works, but i honestly don't find myself using it all that much, mostly just renewal and hallowed ground. It should be changed to something more reglarly useable.

Lately when i've been thinking about what to give em instead, i keep picturing a large Lance & Shield either materializing or shooting down from the sky into his hands. And then he would gain an aura that halves damage for him and all allies, and the different attacks you'd have would be great. like one command route would involve shield bash attacks, ending in a move where you slam the ground with it and create a shockwave, do another command route to do powerful thrusts with the lance, charge up an attack with the lance to violently lunge forward with large spiraling thrust, and jump into the air and dive toward the ground with the lance to create a devestating aoe!

C'mooooon, that'd be epic! 😧 make it a real thing DE! Dx

most of the time i just rely on my weapons for that, i mean if you regularly use it then i guess good for you. i have about 214% power str on my oberon and im not about to stack on more just to remove 100% armor in one shot. Would be neat to see this is on oberon, or at least if not him some other frame.

Edited by Reaver_X

27 minutes ago, Reaver_X said:

most of the time i just rely on my weapons for that, i mean if you regularly use it then i guess good for you. i have about 214% power str on my oberon and im not about to stack on more just to remove 100% armor in one shot. Would be neat to see this is on oberon, or at least if not him some other frame.

No point going for 100%. Just make sure to cover atleast 50% and you have armor stripped in two slams.

That is why I like a maxed out efficiency tank/heal support build with slightly negative duration and neutral strength. Lets me keep the armor and hot up 24/7 and cast HG+Reck as needed to strip armor.

I would hate to see the skil, or any part of Oberons kit changed.

Honestly, the only change i want to obreon's 4th ability is to make enemies that are killed AFTER being hit will drop health orbs on death instead of the current way, which is when enemies are killed BY THE ABILITY. Similar to Nezha's Chakram. This will make dropping health orbs so much easier and can be used as additional healing so you don't always need renewal.

24 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

No point going for 100%. Just make sure to cover atleast 50% and you have armor stripped in two slams.

That is why I like a maxed out efficiency tank/heal support build with slightly negative duration and neutral strength. Lets me keep the armor and hot up 24/7 and cast HG+Reck as needed to strip armor.

I still don't understand what's the point of armor stripping when someone with maiming strike will kill everything in the room with one hit.

Edited by bibmobello

12 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

I still don't understand what's the point of armor stripping when someone with maiming strike will kill everything in the room with one hit.

I just never end up with those players very often and I barely find memestrike spamming interesting enough to do it myself.

• Like 1

I think all the old AoE "smasher" ults need some kind of buff. Frost's Avalanche is the best off thanks to its double CC (blind and freeze), it just has this bug where frozen enemies are immune to procs. Oberon's isn't horrible, but as OP said it's underwhelming. Excalibur's Radial Javelin is almost pitiful, that old relic is a huge victim of power creep

46 minutes ago, AndouRaiton said:

Honestly, the only change i want to obreon's 4th ability is to make enemies that are killed AFTER being hit will drop health orbs on death instead of the current way, which is when enemies are killed BY THE ABILITY. Similar to Nezha's Chakram. This will make dropping health orbs so much easier and can be used as additional healing so you don't always need renewal.

Or enemies have a chance of dropping health orbs after being slammed (death or no death). So the ability works regards of enemy level.

this topic is better suited for the  https://forums.warframe.com/forum/34-warframes/
area of forums

3 hours ago, Reaver_X said:

yes it works, but i honestly don't find myself using it all that much, mostly just renewal and hallowed ground. It should be changed to something more reglarly useable.

Lately when i've been thinking about what to give em instead, i keep picturing a large Lance & Shield either materializing or shooting down from the sky into his hands. And then he would gain an aura that halves damage for him and all allies, and the different attacks you'd have would be great. like one command route would involve shield bash attacks, ending in a move where you slam the ground with it and create a shockwave, do another command route to do powerful thrusts with the lance, charge up an attack with the lance to violently lunge forward with large spiraling thrust, and jump into the air and dive toward the ground with the lance to create a devestating aoe!

8 hours ago, Reaver_X said:

I would like a better hard CC on his 4 he has a fair bit of soft or short term CC but no good hard CC.  honestly I would be fine with a few buffs to other parts of his kit (namely the amount of armor and health he has at base).  but I would love a shield and spear exalted weapon even though is would be a bit cliche

6 hours ago, Kerberos-3 said:

How about we rework Oberon entirely instead so that people might actually play him in ways other than being a discount Trinity.

he is better than trinity depending on how and where you are using them.  trin is singularly classed as a support while Oberon is by definition a paladin a tank with support skills.  he can damage buff full ress and provide a passive heal and armor that ignores distance all things that trin cant do even if she has a better heal it is still range and duration limited.  on top of that trins don't stack and she does not play nearly as well as Oberon does with the other support frames.  finaly she has not good armor strip or damage options oberon by sacrificing far some of his healing gets far more utility than trin can.  

6 hours ago, (XB1)Dex Xean said:

I just slam 3 times even if the armor is not completely removed it is severely weaken on them. I dont stack pwr str too much tho so I also cannot slam twice to remove the armor completely.

that is a weak Oberon most builds need only 2 casts to clear 90+% of an enemies armor.  

8 hours ago, AndouRaiton said:

it would be nice by he needs the armor buff form renewal to survive.  I agree on the change to his 4 though same goes for mag's one

7 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

I just never end up with those players very often and I barely find memestrike spamming interesting enough to do it myself.

play ESO there you will find the trifecta of lazy saryn, ingnis, and memestike whip/pole arm (bonus if it has a + range riven and they are using easy energy gen methods)

8 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

I would love to see some minor changes or buffs to the weaker parts of his kit namely a buff to his base stats (they are worse than several casters namely saran who beats him in all 4 stat Fields).  his one is fine as is being better than over half of the ones in the game his 2 is good but could use a better augment, his 3 could get some better scaling (if the armor scaled with armor mods it would be nice) his 4 is by far the weakest part of his kit and could use bufs/changes (I would love more CC than it currently has)

2 minutes ago, SirTobe said:

Absolutely not. Oberon is in a perfect spot where he is. Probably the most well balanced frame in the game right now imo.

I agree but he is being power kept in to irrelevance by frames like saryn (why she has more health and armor than Oberon for some reason)

2 minutes ago, spirit_of_76 said:

I agree but he is being power kept in to irrelevance by frames like saryn (why she has more health and armor than Oberon for some reason)

That's a weird comparison. Oberon constantly regenerate health, and as long as you stick to your hallowed ground you'll be immune to status and knockdowns as well. This also applies to your allies within range. On top of that you also apply great CC and armor stripping to enemies. Oberon doesn't need slightly higher base stats.

10 hours ago, SirTobe said:

That's a weird comparison. Oberon constantly regenerate health, and as long as you stick to your hallowed ground you'll be immune to status and knockdowns as well. This also applies to your allies within range. On top of that you also apply great CC and armor stripping to enemies. Oberon doesn't need slightly higher base stats.

I know that but it is still frustrating that you get evaporated in the time it takes to cast his 3 and 2. (the static cast animations need to change or be faster)