Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dog Days Tactical Alert on All Platforms

[DE]Helen

Just now, Tellakey said:

I will defend the good points being made in every feedback and reject the bad, regardless of the manner in which they are conveyed. While I myself hardly get worked up over S#&$ty business practices, I do see the merit in indignant protest when it comes to a certain line being crossed.

Then make sure it is done politely. Yes the grind is a bit high, is it as blown out of proportion as some rude posts are implying? not really. It needs adjustment, but its not like it slapped anyone in the face, most people being aggressive to them are simply responding to the aggressive tone in the message, not the message itself.

4 minutes ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

Then make sure it is done politely. Yes the grind is a bit high, is it as blown out of proportion as some rude posts are implying? not really. It needs adjustment, but its not like it slapped anyone in the face, most people being aggressive to them are simply responding to the aggressive tone in the message, not the message itself.

I don't necessarily deem the more intense criticisms aggressive. I think some people have a hard time distinguishing between honest critique and aggression.

If I served you the worst dish you've ever had the displeasure of eating, would it be aggressive of you to criticize my cooking with "this is the worst thing anybody has ever cooked."? Sometimes creators FK up, and they need to be told it straight away. Mincing words isn't doing anybody any favors.

Just now, Tellakey said:

I don't necessarily see the more intense criticisms as aggressive. I think some people have a hard time distinguishing between honest critique and aggression.

If I served you the worst dish you've ever had the displeasure to eat, would it be aggressive of you to criticizing my cooking with "this is the worst thing anybody has ever cooked."?

Yes..... Displeasure =/= a reason to be rude in most cases.

Just now, Tellakey said:

What if I said, "No offense, but this is the worst dish anybody has ever cooked."

I'd say yes, if they provide reasoning, and if the intention is sincere, I've known people who have thrown around that opening sarcastically.

My general irritation with some of the "feedback" given, is that it barely counts as feedback and is presented rudely. Most of it is complaints which does nothing, feedback actually gives direction. Not many of the complainers have actually offered actual suggestions on how to improve the grind, they just complain about the grind and expect it to take care of itself.

57 minutes ago, (PS4)Kaleidos_Joker said:

Also, consider for a second most tacticals come back these days. It's not really exclusive.

Maybe next year, so if I have to wait a year for the chance of the alert to come back just to grind it again I'll prefer to grind it now.

Like with the Christmas conclave event, did it first year for the oro reward, the year after? I completely ignored it because It was boring during the first time too

Well, this is a better experiment than fishing or mining. At least we are shooting things in this event. However, the event sees us simulating a real-world kid's activity. This is a space-ninja video game focused on fast action. I mean, whatever floats your boat, I guess...

This type of event is what I wanted to encourage 4+ years ago because it would've helped draw some attention and helped the game get a sense of direction (test your collision detection while getting player feedback, etc). Now, in 2019, I don't see how such an event can help. Tiny mini-games with a huge grind for silly items that do nothing are generally disappointing... and with the pretext of beta status being long-gone, I don't know guys. I just don't know.

I suspect we're actually QA'ing a netcode change, or a terrain generator, or something else entirely that wasn't mentioned. I don't see where DE would get value out of running an event this simple "just for the lulz". Unlike in a lot of other games that run silly events, this content isn't integrated into the main game.

Oh, the bug count seems pretty low this time around, so bonus points there!

Anyway. I'm going to go be confused somewhere else for awhile.

11 minutes ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

I'd say yes, if they provide reasoning, and if the intention is sincere, I've known people who have thrown around that opening sarcastically.

My general irritation with some of the "feedback" given, is that it barely counts as feedback and is presented rudely. Most of it is complaints which does nothing, feedback actually gives direction. Not many of the complainers have actually offered actual suggestions on how to improve the grind, they just complain about the grind and expect it to take care of itself.

So it would seem to me that the difference between rude and polite feedback, according to you, is hyperbole. Saying "this is $hit" is polite whereas "this is the $hittiest $hit." is rude. I dunno, man.

In regards to good feedback - thing is, DE has had way way way more than enough constructive, detailed, pages-upon-pages type of feedback regarding grind. Just go look it up on the forum history. DE KNOWS that they're doing it wrong, and yet for some reason, maybe higher-up decision-making, maybe incompetence, they keep on making the same mistakes. It's mostly a matter of time before DE reduces grind on existing modes of gameplay.

You think hasn't realized that PoE was a grind-fest at first? Of course they knew, they didn't need the community to bombard them with the message. But they had to extend gameplay in order to keep the game alive. Only once PoE wasn't the hottest thing around have they fixed all the issues and practically nullified any form of resource grind in the form of Bursas.

Let's use EA again, because why not. I don't think the feedback EA needs to hear is "hey guys, this demonic micro-transaction thing you do? Here are a few alternatives that in my humble opinion could work." F NO! They need to hear "Listen up, evil-incarnate, this $hit you're pretending is fun and moral, you need to stop that right now or we're gonna come at you full force and do anything we can to break you down."

The devs aren't stupid. They know when they fk up. And it's our job as the playerbase to let them know - not that they made an oopsie - that they mother-effing fked up. Do a 180, delete, abort, this is no good. 

23 minutes ago, KikuVasNormandy said:

You can exchange those for a color pallete, mods and others things with Nakak in Cetus 🙂

Yeah, I was able to figure it out. Still wish I could get my hands on the Soakron. I know its a meh weapon (at least in the event) but it looks cool and I think it might be kind of fun to just run around with. :laugh:

hace 1 minuto, (XB1)RAG is NAROK dijo:

Yeah, I was able to figure it out. Still wish I could get my hands on the Soakron. I know its a meh weapon (at least in the event) but it looks cool and I think it might be kind of fun to just run around with. :laugh:

Well, a lot of things what are popular in the community ends being added one way or another like the Shawzin that soon is even going to be usable! So there a good chance that we can get the Soaktron 🙂

The amount of people praising DE for this game mode thinking that the setting and context is everything is absolutely insane

For anyone defending this saying that the grind isn't that bad if you spread it out over the whole 1 week period, please acknowledge that you would have to play this single game mode for an entire hour each day at the highest tier, I understand the hype surrounding the silliness of the event, but do you really want to be playing glorified rathuum with the worlds shortest range, most inaccurate gun for 12 5 minute rounds per day?

7 minutes ago, Tellakey said:

So it would seem to me that the difference between rude and polite feedback, according to you, is hyperbole. Saying "this is $hit" is polite whereas "this is the $hittiest $hit." is rude. I dunno, man.

In regards to good feedback - thing is, DE has had way way way more than enough constructive, detailed, pages-upon-pages type of feedback regarding grind. Just go look it up on the forum history. DE KNOWS that they're doing it wrong, and yet for some reason, maybe higher-up decision-making, maybe incompetence, they keep on making the same mistakes. It's mostly a matter of time before DE reduces grind on existing modes of gameplay.

You think hasn't realized that PoE was a grind-fest at first? Of course they knew, they didn't need the community to bombard them with the message. But they had to extend gameplay in order to keep the game alive. Only once PoE wasn't the hottest thing around have they fixed all the issues and practically nullified any form of resource grind in the form of Bursas.

Let's use EA again, because why not. I don't think the feedback EA needs to hear is "hey guys, this demonic micro-transaction thing you do? Here are a few alternatives that in my humble opinion could work." F NO! They need to hear "Listen up, evil-incarnate, this $hit you're pretending is fun and moral, you need to stop that right now or we're gonna come at you full force and do anything we can to break you down."

The devs aren't stupid. They know when they fk up. And it's our job as the playerbase to let them know - not that they made an oopsie - that they mother-effing fked up. Do a 180, delete, abort, this is no good. 

It seems you aren't really going to see my side, so I'll just leave the following and be done with it.

Shouting at someone often leads to people ignoring them, or pushing back. Credibility within a conflicting viewpoint is also important. That goes down a lot when you start blowing a situation out of proportion, even if there is something seriously wrong. 

hace 2 minutos, Omega-Shadowblade dijo:

It seems you aren't really going to see my side, so I'll just leave the following and be done with it.

Shouting at someone often leads to people ignoring them, or pushing back. Credibility within a conflicting viewpoint is also important. That goes down a lot when you start blowing a situation out of proportion, even if there is something seriously wrong. 

Indeed, as Neil Degrasse Tyson would say the  "catch more bears with honey than vinegar" approach. The difficult part of that approach is patience not only with time but with the stubbornness of certain people.

5 minutes ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

"You aren't agreeing with me at all so I'm not gonna debate you."

You see, I could patronize by trying my hardest to walk on eggshells during this argument, but I don't think that highly of myself so I'm gonna debate as honestly as I can. I'd expect the same standard from anyone else. I don't wanna be catered to when somebody else thinks I am wrong. I wanna be told the argument.

The only scenario in which I concede to walking on eggshells is during an argument against religion, mostly because the opposition has no clue what a logical fallacy means, and using the term often alienates them. 

I could treat you like that if you want, but, again, I hate patronizing.

1 minute ago, Tellakey said:

"You aren't agreeing with me at all so I'm not gonna debate you."

You see, I could patronize with by trying my hardest to walk on eggshells during this argument, but I don't think that highly of myself so I'm gonna debate as honestly as I can. I'd expect the same standard from anyone else. I don't wanna be catered to when somebody else thinks I am wrong. I wanna be told the argument.

The only scenario in which I concede to walking on eggshells is during an argument against religion, mostly because the opposition has no clue what a logical fallacy means, and using the term often alienates them. 

I could treat you like that if you want, but, again, I hate patronizing.

I know when a waste of energy is going to occur is the thing, This is a forum, I could spend all day trying to convince you, but I have other things IRL which I care more about, especially if you are going to be like that. You won't be able to change my opinion, and I doubt I'll be able to change yours.

2 minutes ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

I know when a waste of energy is going to occur is the thing, This is a forum, I could spend all day trying to convince you, but I have other things IRL which I care more about, especially if you are going to be like that. You won't be able to change my opinion, and I doubt I'll be able to change yours.

If what you seek is merely the result of changing the other's opinion, then sure. 

I would prefer refining my opinion and knowing what about it is wrong. Add to that forum contribution for those who remark our conversation, including DE.

Archived