Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dog Days Tactical Alert on All Platforms

[DE]Helen

DE please fix this! My balls keep falling

20190803073139-1.jpg

Edit: I don't mind them falling... It is actually cool. But it would be dope if they respawned.

Edit2: Add the SOAKTRON to the game! I want to shoot it at my friends when we are in missions or even in anyone's orbiter!!!

6 hours ago, Cyloss said:

Maybe just duble/triple the pearl rewards?

Or give a kill-target to win the misson?

secondary objectives?

Hidden pearls on the map?

My idea was: since this weekend is also a double credit weekend, then why not move the index rewards to the new event..?

You could grind credits WHILE grinding for Nakak Pearls.

10 hours ago, Sadraven said:

- 1st  time playing - it's fun!

- 2nd - it's fun.

- 3rd - ok.

- 4th - bad hit detection and lags, mashing alt fire button is a bad choice.

- How much pearls do I need?! Maybe rewards worth the grind?

- Esc - Exit game.

P.S. it's all imo.

Quoted because this almost exactly how I felt today when I finished my last 3 missions. 

1st mission wasn't so bad.  Took a quick look at nakak and figured clearly the higher missions must give more than 10 pearls and is likely a repeating event.

2nd mission was ok, wasn't great had a bad host

3rd mission... getting bored, especially with needing to pump the damn gun up

4th mission... why am I not doing damage when I clearly hit the enemy...oh they're lagging/not registering hits... 50 pearls, is that it...

Woo done the 4 missions, off to check nakak to see the full grind and buy the colour palette. 

Goes off and does daily nightwave and then signs off...

Will I do any more of them, honestly I'm not sure, I really wasn't enjoying it.  I don't mind doing rathuum because there is some variation but this is just tedious, it's not fun imo and it's not helped by it essentially being the exact same mission over and over again.  Yes I can change my frame so it looks different but it acts the same, the weapons are the same, the maps are the same and the 50 pearls just doesn't feel rewarding when you see how many you actually need to get anything. 

Pearl gain vs cost ratio is just so bad. Either increase pearl amount per run or decrease item cost. 4050 pearl required for new items (minus mods). That's about 81 runs. I won't be surprised if people get bored from doing 10 or less runs because it doesn't feel rewarding at all. Funny event idea but badly executed as usual. 

Okay that is stupid and therefore extremely entertaining. Thank you for this mini-event. And I would not mind having something like this returning every season with different flavors (water, snow, pumpkins).

That map is actually really great for arena mode. Can you bring it back after the event? 

There's no score cap so you have to wait out the five minutes regardless, There's no bonus for kills, no dropped pearls, not even a bonus for most "soaks" on your team. No wonder the leeches are out in abundance.

If score capped at 100, There'd be more participation, If each "soak" granted a pearl there'd be more participation, if the Tenno with the most "soaks" got a small bonus there'd be more participation.

Some missed opporunities here:

- Secondary weapons: Waterbombs (Should be doable with kunai animation)

- Melee weapon: Pool noodle

- PvP mode (Heck, just imagine it with forts and stuff. This event is silly enough, so why not go all out?)

- maybe some special skills?

But as it is now, all you do is run away from a stupid AI, that clearly isn't designed to fight smartly in an open enviroment, or just stay afk altogether, in order to buy overpriced stuff for an "event" that would be considered a minigame in other games events.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate every little bit of content, but connecting a very little piece of content with highly priced unlockables while providing zero variation? Not cool.

I like the game mode, but what Imbarator said would be awesome

8 minutes ago, Imbarator said:

Some missed opporunities here:

- Secondary weapons: Waterbombs (Should be doable with kunai animation)

- Melee weapon: Pool noodle

- PvP mode (Heck, just imagine it with forts and stuff. This event is silly enough, so why not go all out?)

- maybe some special skills?

But as it is now, all you do is run away from a stupid AI, that clearly isn't designed to fight smartly in an open enviroment, or just stay afk altogether, in order to buy overpriced stuff for an "event" that would be considered a minigame in other games events.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate every little bit of content, but connecting a very little piece of content with highly priced unlockables while providing zero variation? Not cool.

Only issue for me is.. 5 minutes is 50 nakak pearls.. you need to play around 320 minutes so 64 matches to get most of the rewards... plz upgrade the amount of nakak pearls to atleast a 100

Since Perls have no performance bases and are locked to 10 per minute (less because of load time). There 0 incentive actually play. There is a major incentive to just AFK in Solo while doing ANYTHING else.

Ignoring the Rathuum mods getting 1 copy of everything else is 3350 pearls. Roughly 360 minutes, or 6 hours total event "engagement". Even if you play every day of the even and spread out the time over the 9 days, that requires about 40 minutes every day.

This is very disrespectful of the player's time. Tips well past limited progression into tedium. 

Bad design. Hopefully y'all won't start punishing people for such a major oversight.

This update is awesome and one of the most original in a while. The little map is beautiful.

The rewards are cool (I mean, who doesn't want a ball?) but not *a must* so in case you dislike the event, you are not forced to play it .

The negativity around here is insufferable. You must be fun at parties.

Waste of time! 80+ rounds for all rewards, with 5 min per round, so it's around 7 hr? 1st April was 4 month ago or I missed something? Cuz it's worst seasonal event among all co-op games... Or prices are have excess "0" at the end of all prices?

15 minutes ago, (PS4)corpusbonds said:

I mean, yeah the 7 hours grind sucks and I agree the prices are high.

But it’s for ten days. Take a break, and go again later if you need to. 

The thing is for most of us it's the fact it's basically doing the same thing over and over, there is literally zero variation in what you're doing if you decide to farm it for 7 hours (even over multiple days/events).... I don't mind grind but there comes a point where players feel that DE have pushed that grind too far.... for a lot of us this is too far.

Loved the Kela inbox drunk-dial and funny youtube trailer. ❤️

Sadly I'm not getting progress after getting 25/100 towards the event in my first match. Consecutive matches aren't counting 😢

I'm a huge collector so I want all the rewards but dayum it's going to be a long grind with 10 pearls rewarded for every 5 minute match...

21 minutes ago, Zhaalk said:

Don't be hypocric, The grind is not worst than Plague Star's one. The differences are that the rewards here are cosmetic and the gameplay is not that enjoyable after a few matchs. 

Actually the rewards are plague star are much better balanced.  The most expensive item (single purchase) is now 5k (arcanes) from plague star, for most people that is 2 runs (which can be done in around 10-15 mins with a good team), even newbies who could only do the basic mode need 5 runs although they often got carried by higher level players so took less.  Everything else costs under 3k points which is one high level run. 

The prices of dog days is basically taking the same pricing structure of plague star but giving us considerably less per run.  

You're also forgetting that while yes plague star has an optimal set of gear you weren't being forced to use the exact same thing over and over.

Archived