Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I don't care what anyone says, this tactical alert is awesome.

Senguash

В 03.08.2019 в 00:09, [DE]Rebecca сказал:

EDIT @ 6:12PM: For those of you wanting to get your hands on all the rewards, we will be re-running this event in the future if you don't manage to pick up everything you want by August 12!

Will it be re-run with same first-time rewards (Redeemer skin, Captura scene, Noggle)?

Edited by bl1te

Am 2.8.2019 um 23:40 schrieb Stormdragon:

Would it be possible for the event to provide additional points for each personal kill? Having the highest mission tier reward up to 50 pearls regardless of how many kills you've had encourages jumping in a mission, hiding and then going afk or just running away until the timer is over while someone else keeps doing the job (i already got a lobby where the other 3 players did that). Rewarding 1 or 2 pearls on each kill (depending of mission tier) would at least encourage and reward active participation and alleviate the grind a bit.

Give the squad an incentive to do good as a SQUAD .Simple as that. If you score more then 100 points per run you will get an extra of whatever maybe even 75 pearls. Nothing else will remedy the situation with those AFKlers behind ship wreckages or on top of Rocks.

• Like 1

On 2019-08-02 at 5:07 PM, Senguash said:

People are gonna hate on nakaks prices but I love them tbh.

Oh, I just hate the event.

It shows that DE put this much work into a super soaker game mode, and not into something sustainable for the game. Which the game desperately needs right now. RIP!

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Kimimoto:

Oh, I just hate the event.

It shows that DE put this much work into a super soaker game mode, and not into something sustainable for the game. Which the game desperately needs right now. RIP!

spider man lol GIF

Seriously though, it's nothing more than a quickly cobbled together mode with overprized rewards. Something to keep you occupied during the content drought. Wich, in all fairness, I can manage myself though.

• Like 1

vor 4 Minuten schrieb Kimimoto:

That has it's own weapon with mechanics, level, art, variant models, voice acting, UI elements

200.gif

Weapon mechanic? Reverse Bow mechanic on full auto.

Weapon and enemy design? Slightly altered with some assets.

Voice acting? Just a few lines. Funny lines, yes, but not quite the pinnacle of poetry.

Only thing remaining is the arena. It's nice, but again, overall, this really isn't much. It's something, but it's does not deserve praise out of proportion.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Imbarator said:

Weapon mechanic? Reverse Bow mechanic on full auto.

Weapon and enemy design? Slightly altered with some assets.

Voice acting? Just a few lines. Funny lines, yes, but not quite the pinnacle of poetry.

Only thing remaining is the arena. It's nice, but again, overall, this really isn't much. It's something, but it's does not deserve praise out of proportion.

Implying that it is required to be a full-blown overhaul update in order to be considered as something new.

Talk about gimme gimme gimme

• Like 1

vor 32 Minuten schrieb Hawk_of_the_Reborn:

Implying that it is required to be a full-blown overhaul update in order to be considered as something new.

Talk about gimme gimme gimme

Never said it's nothing new. If you read carefully, what I said was that it's not that big of a deal.

Talk about ability to read.

• Like 1

I love you, DE. Truly I do. Your studio is the exception to the rule on modern game studios, and for that you will always have a place in my heart. But sometimes I honestly wonder whether your upper management has Alzheimers! You created Warframe... you push out the most amazing content... and then out of nowhere, you seem to completely forget everything that makes your game awesome, and dump something like Dog Days on us.

All in, if you only want to get the stuff that's available from this "event" only, you're looking at 80 games of Mission 4, probably representing something like eight solid hours of "gameplay". I say "gameplay", but there's not really any game to it. Or play either, for that matter.

Warframe is a runny-jumpy-shooty space-ninja power-fantasy. This "event" takes away all your weapons, all your mods, all your abilities etc. making your Frame of choice utterly irrelevant (beyond cosmetics) and invalidating all the grind you put into your mods and weapons etc. and completely sh*!^ing all over the power-fantasy aspect of the game.

Then you have set it at a beach-party (RIP space-ninja), in a copy-pasta arena format (which nobody likes and nobody plays - at least since ESO came out) which you then have to grind over and over and over again, long past the point of fun or novelty, because of the stupidly high prices of stuff. Hell, if you're trying for everything, you'll probably end up grinding this PITAPOS well into "hatred and loathing" territory.

[insert obligatory Yahtzee reference] I'm sorry, but anybody that considers this "event" to be fun and/or a good addition to Warframe, is provably wrong!

Edited by Thalamask
Spelling

22 hours ago, (PS4)BenHeisennberg said:

I do agree here.

Pearls should be earned for kills so we actually get something for effort.

There's a bug in the kill counter. Doesn't always match what shows up on the progress report. Not by much but definitely there. 

Using group score is probably out too, because of leeches. 

Using group score split by damage dealt,  added to the a base amount, might be ok. But then we'd have higher pearl prices, I figure. 

On 2019-08-03 at 9:17 AM, (PS4)boilerhogbc said:

Remember that people pay real money for cosmetics.  Real money comes from working, which is time.  So whether its time IRL or time in game doesnt really matter.  

Difference is, none of these cosmetics are purchasable, so having the grind be this ridiculous doesnt even make business sense.

2 hours ago, KesslerCOIL said:

Difference is, none of these cosmetics are purchasable, so having the grind be this ridiculous doesnt even make business sense.

You left out the word "yet". 

It's also a better explanation for why it should take more effort, since we can't buy them yet, nobody can claim that the system is unfair and how people with more money can just get everything. Meritocracy at work, you see? 

😉

• Like 1

Why can't I just buy it with platinum.  I get DE giving a grind, but why not have a way to buy for players with more money than time.  

I will not have them, I would rather play game than this game mode.  It was fun first run through, I got all the items, but nanaak stuff needs a platinum buy it now price.  

It's a sigil and captura scene, who cares.  I'll do without it.  

Edited by Educated_Beast

Yeah, having to do the same 5 min over and over again is a real slog and actively encourages afk-ing.

I also think this was really poorly timed with the nightwave going on that people are already stressing over.

4 hours ago, (PS4)boilerhogbc said:

Spread out over 10+ days.  less than an hour a day.  Most should have the mods already, and everything else is cosmetic, not required to play or advance in the game.  This is just for fun. 

9 hours doesn't include the mods, just the new things.

And you stated the entire problem there.

It's meant to be for fun.

To get the fun thingsyou have to spend, by design, 9 hours+ on those things doing something exceptionally tedious.

'It's only 1 hour a day for 9 days' does not make it enjoyable.

On 2019-08-02 at 2:09 PM, Swagernator22663 said:

Why would you want scene to begin with ?

Why I DO want it, is my business. 

I definitely have no interest in trying to convince anyone else that it has any value, if the value to them is not already self evident. (Of course the same would go for Captura scenes which I’m not really interested in at all, while others may well be, even though I could grab one in a heartbeat from the syndicate offerings).