Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Insane Nakak Pearl Costs

The only this event did was lose de a player for a week.  I didn’t mind doing the 4 games for the alert.  Bought the full palette and completely passed on everything else on that vendor.  The mission Is nowhere near fun enough to repeat that many times.  Will come back when the event has gone...maybe.

Been enjoying Sekiro this weekend and maybe with a full week off I can break from Warframe.

38 minutes ago, CuChulainnWD said:

There's also been quite a few pissy, snarky, and entitled " criticisms" that suggest people are lazy, sheep, or whiteknights.

DE was lazy to give us a bare-bones rathuum, even a reskinned one (with an additional mechanic or two, like subtracting time per kill etc.) would've been appreciated. 

Whiteknighting is defending something or someone (in this case something) as if it's perfect as is, and doesn't need any changes, and YOU are the problem not the thing in question.  Which quite a few people have said, "If you don't like it, you don't have to do it" or how it's "fine the way it is, you can get everything in 10 days if you grind an hour a day" etc. 

40 minutes ago, CuChulainnWD said:

Honestly, it amazes me that, I am getting the impression at least, that many think this is the final iteration with this event. How many of you know how DE works, that often they will put out a framework of an idea for us to fiddle with before adjusting it based on genuine feedback. It's like we've never seen this sort of thing before (We have) Hence I say why are you all getting so bent out of shape.

Because many of the changes that could make this event infinitely better could've been made before it was even launched. There is no reason for it to have even been released in this bare-bones state, and accepting that as "oh they can fix it later" is a foolish acceptance of laziness, in my opinion.  I would be horrified to release something like this in it's current state if I was in DE's shoes. The idea that this will be fixed later and "we can have the true experience a year from now" is.. self brainwashing at best.  Yes, they improve things later on as ideas evolve and become content, but with so many coming on the forums giving solid constructive criticism on how they could've made it better, many of those suggestions taking very little time to implement, show how they put so little effort into this event - it hurts. 

43 minutes ago, CuChulainnWD said:

TLDR as much as it may seem DE was trolling us, they were also answering our cry of give us something to do. Voila!

We don't want things to do, we want things to do that are meaningful. Those of us asking for endgame don't want "something to do", we want something challenging and rewarding. Because this is a 'speed bump' event that won't show up often, doesn't mean it gets exempt from quality criticism. The quality of this event is lower than past works, even Thermia has more going for it, and that says a lot.

TLDR: I'm not trying to belittle DE or anyone that likes the event but I think DE could produce better quality stuff than this. It doesn't need to be immaculate and perfect in all cases, but this event isn't much even with the improvements mentioned above.   Just a shame that many will defend DE blindly because "It's their game", etc.  Reminds me of the Ooblets developers and how they thought the opinions of their consumers didn't matter, and their fanbase left them.

16 minutes ago, Tinklzs said:

DE was lazy to give us a bare-bones rathuum, even a reskinned one (with an additional mechanic or two, like subtracting time per kill etc.) would've been appreciated. 

Whiteknighting is defending something or someone (in this case something) as if it's perfect as is, and doesn't need any changes, and YOU are the problem not the thing in question.  Which quite a few people have said, "If you don't like it, you don't have to do it" or how it's "fine the way it is, you can get everything in 10 days if you grind an hour a day" etc. 

Because many of the changes that could make this event infinitely better could've been made before it was even launched. There is no reason for it to have even been released in this bare-bones state, and accepting that as "oh they can fix it later" is a foolish acceptance of laziness, in my opinion.  I would be horrified to release something like this in it's current state if I was in DE's shoes. The idea that this will be fixed later and "we can have the true experience a year from now" is.. self brainwashing at best.  Yes, they improve things later on as ideas evolve and become content, but with so many coming on the forums giving solid constructive criticism on how they could've made it better, many of those suggestions taking very little time to implement, show how they put so little effort into this event - it hurts. 

We don't want things to do, we want things to do that are meaningful. Those of us asking for endgame don't want "something to do", we want something challenging and rewarding. Because this is a 'speed bump' event that won't show up often, doesn't mean it gets exempt from quality criticism. The quality of this event is lower than past works, even Thermia has more going for it, and that says a lot.

TLDR: I'm not trying to belittle DE or anyone that likes the event but I think DE could produce better quality stuff than this. It doesn't need to be immaculate and perfect in all cases, but this event isn't much even with the improvements mentioned above.   Just a shame that many will defend DE blindly because "It's their game", etc.  Reminds me of the Ooblets developers and how they thought the opinions of their consumers didn't matter, and their fanbase left them.

You can take your time, space out your play time with this event and more than comfortably get all of the beach items if that is what YOU want. You've obviously not been playing Warframe long enough to realise DE will often put half baked ideas out, and we get to test them. Why put full effort into something people may not like entirely, then again people might see the potential of it and ask for more? To out and out gripe and complain like a self entitled child does not encourage anyone to see your point.

As much as I may enjoy the event, I am not going to say it does not have its issue either. Being snarky to anyone is not called for  to people or a company. You have no clue when this idea came up, and how much time was put into how it was made. I agree, it needs some work. It is bare bones presently. I have a pretty good idea that it will see some work. That work won't come until tomorrow at the earliest.  If you don't like how DE does things, then yah had better get used to it or move on. It's been this way for 7 years. I doubt they will change that much just because you've got a snarky opinion. 

P.S you are deluding yourself if you think anything in gaming is meaningful, other than the baggage anyone brings to the table. Boil it all down, everything in gaming is repetition. To me, the bare bones has appeal. I have the patience to wait and see how it turns out, or flops. I fully support the call for changes to be made. I do not support the self entitlement and snark YOU bring to the table. That makes YOU a problem.

Edited by CuChulainnWD

10 minutes ago, CuChulainnWD said:

I do not support the self entitlement and snark YOU bring to the table. That makes YOU a problem.

You took my..

26 minutes ago, Tinklzs said:

Whiteknighting is defending something or someone (in this case something) as if it's perfect as is, and doesn't need any changes, and YOU are the problem not the thing in question.

As a direct insult to you.  Which I can see how that could be misinterpreted, I didn't mean YOU (as you you, CuChulainnWD) I meant it as "Whiteknighting is defending something, and trying to find fault with the one that wants change, not the defender or the thing being defended".  

12 minutes ago, CuChulainnWD said:

As much as I may enjoy the event, I am not going to say it does not have its issue either.

Then we agree it has room for improvement, that's all I'm trying to communicate here. Others are blindly defending it saying it's fine as is, and those who have a problem with it should go play something else, not play the event, or quit the game if grinding isn't for them (since Warframe is a grinding event after all).

14 minutes ago, CuChulainnWD said:

I doubt they will change that much just because you've got a snarky opinion.

Sorry for wording it so poorly on my part, again I wasn't directing that comment at you it was a definition of whiteknighting.

There is a time to criticize, complain and get your message across with things like this. 

And there is a time to be practical. AFK til 5 mins multiple times while watching your favorite anime/movie to salvage what you can. Or play another game and steer clear off the forums.

DE have enough feedback, give it a rest already.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)Bigboodyjuudy said:

Says the person whos complaining about someone else complaining. Complainception. 

I don't particularly see that I was complaining about anything, just pointing out the contradiction in your own statement.  But whatever, you do you.  Boost that post count, boost it hard.

29 minutes ago, Tinklzs said:

You took my..

As a direct insult to you.  Which I can see how that could be misinterpreted, I didn't mean YOU (as you you, CuChulainnWD) I meant it as "Whiteknighting is defending something, and trying to find fault with the one that wants change, not the defender or the thing being defended".  

Then we agree it has room for improvement, that's all I'm trying to communicate here. Others are blindly defending it saying it's fine as is, and those who have a problem with it should go play something else, not play the event, or quit the game if grinding isn't for them (since Warframe is a grinding event after all).

Sorry for wording it so poorly on my part, again I wasn't directing that comment at you it was a definition of whiteknighting.

No worries. Done and forgotten. All I am saying is, what we say is as important as how we say it. I like this event, I see great potential in it. I agree it can be far better, even with some basic changes. That said, this is par for the course with DE to varying degree's. Sometimes they do test the waters before going all in on something. This maybe one of those cases. At surface it may seem lazy, but there could be more going on than we realise.

It is a long weekend here in Canada; DE's reasoning could have been as simple as let's give them something simple to do over the long weekend as they will be radio silent for 3 days. I will eat my words if I am wrong, but I do expect we shall see some changes to the event come Tuesday, and come next year or even winter, something even more. Be patient, it is how DE does things, as frustrating as it is amazing.

1 minute ago, CuChulainnWD said:

No worries. Done and forgotten. All I am saying is, what we say is as important as how we say it. I like this event, I see great potential in it. I agree it can be far better, even with some basic changes. That said, this is par for the course with DE to varying degree's. Sometimes they do test the waters before going all in on something. This maybe one of those cases. At surface it may seem lazy, but there could be more going on than we realise.

That's true, it fits within their track record of how they've handled things in the past. I do see potential with this event, but I am disappointed we won't see closer to the full potential until this event is most likely over and comes again down the road.

3 minutes ago, CuChulainnWD said:

Be patient, it is how DE does things, as frustrating as it is amazing.

Hehe, yeah.

28 minutes ago, Alpha_Tango said:

DE have enough feedback, give it a rest already.

But I'm going to take this guy's advice, I think I've spent more time talking about this event and how it could be fixed than DE did making it, but then again...

4 minutes ago, CuChulainnWD said:

At surface it may seem lazy, but there could be more going on than we realise.

So I dunno *shrug*.

2 hours ago, CuChulainnWD said:

As you say, you could say anything but it does not make it correct. Welcome to what PC has to work with. We beta test these things before Console ever typically sees it. If you prefer we could ask DE to go back to that system? Don't kid yourself into thinking those that enjoy this new Tac Alert do not see its flaws. Many of them see its potential and where DE may well take it and what can be done with it. Many of your suggestions might be implemented into it in the future. NONE of it will be done until tomorrow at the earliest.

DE is the first to admit when it makes mistakes. This is a long weekend for them here in Canadaland. They will not address any of your gripes until tomorrow again at the earliest. So like the rest of us, hurry up and wait.

If you find it one dimensional, realise others may find ways to make it more entertaining for themselves as it is in its current state. More power to them. Again do not think they would not appreciate  changes being made to what it is currently. They however again see its potential and are making valid suggestions with out the snark and entitlement of some people.

This event is not a beta test problem though; it simply is not fun. Sure, that is subjective but it takes a pretty boring individual to find the actual event gameplay enjoyable unless they try to justify it some other way (such as practicing parkour moves, competing against friends, or some other way that is not part of the actual gameplay).

It's 2019 and shooters are not a new concept. Warframe has copied dozens of ideas from mobile games over the years, but to ask them to copy basic shooter mechanics like power ups, weapon pickups, special abilities, etc. or varied game modes should not require any testing since there are hundreds of games that have used them in the past. The irony being that DE's roots trace back to Unreal Tournament so this mode is laughably bad knowing that.

This event should have been like a Splatoon knock-off, not some undergraduate game design project. DE is way better than this and the Warframe community deserves better too.

26 minutes ago, CuChulainnWD said:

It is a long weekend here in Canada; DE's reasoning could have been as simple as let's give them something simple to do over the long weekend as they will be radio silent for 3 days. I will eat my words if I am wrong, but I do expect we shall see some changes to the event come Tuesday, and come next year or even winter, something even more. Be patient, it is how DE does things, as frustrating as it is amazing.

I suspect that the next year, makes sense. Changing midstream would probably just be a recipe for disaster. 

Someone proposed pool noodles as a melee weapon, and I'd like to see that happen. Someone else proposed various alternate modes, which might be fun if implemented right. 

Just between us I'm hoping to hear that there's a hidden mechanic where a kills per run metric gives us some minor reward, but that probably just makes me a sadistic bastard who wants to revel in the cries of the afk-to-win crowd. 😈

30 minutes ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

This event should have been like a Splatoon knock-off, not some undergraduate game design project. DE is way better than this and the Warframe community deserves better too.

Yeah, no. There's absolutely no reason to try to recreate an entire game from scratch, just for an ephemeral seasonal event. Worse, if they did that, then I'd guarantee you that we'd have the exact same people who're complaining, complaining about the fact that it's "just a knockoff of splatoon."

Your suggestion is a bad one. 👎

16 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Just between us I'm hoping to hear that there's a hidden mechanic where a kills per run metric gives us some minor reward, but that probably just makes me a sadistic bastard who wants to revel in the cries of the afk-to-win crowd. 😈

Yeah, no. There's absolutely no reason to try to recreate an entire game from scratch, just for an ephemeral seasonal event. Worse, if they did that, then I'd guarantee you that we'd have the exact same people who're complaining, complaining about the fact that it's "just a knockoff of splatoon."

In fairness to the AFK crowd, they are being most efficient with their time given the state of the event currently. I may not like it, but I will not blame them either. That said, if they complain when and if changes are made to encourage active play, then there is real reason to have issue with that attitude. I will not speak for their motives otherwise. Personally, I am enjoying the event, and more so for its potential. I am having fun trying out different tactics, and means of engaging the enemy.

The art of Deflection shooting for example is an art many fighter pilots strive to learn never mind perfect, is ever present in a game like warframe that has travel time weapons and moving bodies and targets. I find it satisfying to engage a target at long range, hit them once with a squirt to the head whilst gliding, and then close in for the kill whilst the target is stunned. Or peppering the head with shots as one flips over the top. Firing on the move is a skill, and not an easy one to learn never mind mastering. This event to me is honing those skills more so than just regular game play. Talking to friends and having a drink on hand makes the event even better.

DE has long been known to take inspiration from other games and make it their own. I'd personally would have no problem with swim trunk and or bikini cosmetics, pool noodle melee weapons, Operator mode with Mobs from the Ostron Kids and Vent kids crowd as well as that group from the Nidus quest I think it was? There are a lot of possibilities for this event to grow into. Snowball fights in winter, where it is an armistice with the Grineer and Corpus factions as we have now, to what this is very well could be a balanced PVP mode as there is only one weapon, no powers or power ups, just you, your frame and your aim/movement skills to get you through.

Edited by CuChulainnWD

On 2019-08-02 at 8:25 PM, MemeCataclysm said:

The problem isn't really the farm, its very achievable, the problem is this utterly boring and repetitive mission you're forced to do 8 times a day to get them, we should have just got pearls as a reward for doing any mission, it would be a lot less iritating if we could farm the pearls with actual variety. I'd even accept getting less than 50 pearls a mission if that was the case. The mission wasn't designed for longevity, the game itself is. That's the real problem.

Even if not in other missions, if each soaked enemy dropped 1 pearl, it would give incentive to actually shoot them, and would halve the grind time.

When an enemy drops an item, it feels less grindy. It would probably not only make me less annoyed, but actually addict me to the mode!

39 minutes ago, CuChulainnWD said:

In fairness to the AFK crowd, they are being most efficient with their time given the state of the event currently. I may not like it, but I will not blame them either. 

The ones who are doing it solo are fine. The ones who are doing it in pug? Not so much. 

42 minutes ago, CuChulainnWD said:

DE has long been known to take inspiration from other games and make it their own.

Inspiration is ok, but just like the people who insisted that k-drives had to be a perfect clone of any given Tony Hawke, x games, skate or die, or whatever or that frame fighter has to be a copy of super street fighter, mortal kombat, one must fall 2097, or whatever, any people demanding that they copy another game are always going to be disappointed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

I suggested 3 easy ways to make the current mode more engaging as well as a few simple alternatives to make it feel more fun. The Splatoon concept was more of a joke than anything, but at least those events have a side players can pick and feel compelled to work towards. To even call this an event is a slap in the face to what DE used to produce.

Edited by (PS4)Hiero_Glyph

1 minute ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

I suggested 3 easy ways to make the current mode more engaging as well as a few simple alternatives to make it feel more fun. The Splatoon concept was more of a joke than anything, but at least those events have a side players can pick and feel compelled to work towards. 

Yes that's a part of why I said. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Someone proposed pool noodles as a melee weapon, and I'd like to see that happen. Someone else proposed various alternate modes, which might be fun if implemented right. 

I'm not opposed to changing it, and trying to improve it. 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

To even call this an event is a slap on the face to what DE used to produce.

To even suggest that DE should copy Splatoon is a slap on the face to people that play Warframe and not Splatoon, I figure. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

To even suggest that DE should copy Splatoon is a slap on the face to people that play Warframe and not Splatoon, I figure. 

I linked the other concepts I suggested and trust me, I was joking when I refered to Splatoon because those events are about as low effort as you can get but even so they are a heck of a lot better than what we got.

I'm guessing this event is mostly if not exclusively for veterans and not new players or returning players such as myself.

That said with so much to do grind/farm it is BORING to have to do an event so many times just to get a few items.

I really like Warframe but sadly I have a life and can't really play more than 1-2 hours per day (most days ofc)...

Why make it a time fixed mission with no benefit from more kills? (And some variation at least?)

It just makes the player get a couple of kills and hide while he watches youtube videos... I was recommended to this by 5 of the players who I usually talk with...

One of them being a hardcore player who loves challenges and loves to solo or 2 man the hardest missions... From the other players it was understandable but when I heard it from him I was baffled... Until I tried it for myself....

Where's the challenge? Am I missing something?

Edited by ciTiger

12 hours ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

To even call this an event is a slap in the face to what DE used to produce.

Depends on how far back you go...I remember tons of bad Tactical Alerts that DE ran that were much, much, much worse than this one.
So really?  Its better than the old TAs that DE used to produce.

Sure its not on par with some of the events...but then again its a TA, not an event so its not fair to compare the two.

Edited by Tsukinoki

1 hour ago, ciTiger said:

I'm guessing this event is mostly if not exclusively for veterans and not new players or returning players such as myself.

One of them being a hardcore player who loves challenges and loves to solo or 2 man the hardest missions... From the other players it was understandable but when I heard it from him I was baffled... Until I tried it for myself....

Where's the challenge? Am I missing something?

Actually I think the issue is they tried to make it so that totally new players would be on a completely even footing.  Better skill at gunplay and parkour doesn't really matter, nor does your choice of Warframe.  Mods are supposed to be disabled (although I keep hearing that a few of the aura and set mods sort of work and still grant passive buffs) and you can't bring pets.  The lack of challenge (for me) comes from the fact that it's completely irrelevant how well you do at the mission once you finish the fourth Tactical Alert phase.  Defeat 100 Grineer or just one, you still get the same rewards and it still takes the full five minutes.  Skill and experience and even having fun don't matter, as long as you have enough free time to grind the mission and are paying enough attention to avoid ending the match with a negative score.  It's just a question of how many pearls you need for the items you want to buy from Nakak, and the time it will take to get that many.

1 hour ago, Tsukinoki said:

Depends on how far back you go...I remember tons of bad Tactical Alerts that DE ran that were much, much, much worse than this one.
So really?  Its better than the old TAs that DE used to produce.

Sure its not on par with some of the events...but then again its a TA, not an event so its not fair to compare the two.

And yet it has a special event currency and vendor with limited items. Way back when Tactical Alerts were more frequent I actually looked forward to them because they provided a small challenge and another notch for my Stratos emblem, not some boring grind that strictly wastes my time if I want the exclusive items. And let's be honest, there is no challenge here, you simply need to put in the time, lots of time.