Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dog days tips and tricks

(NSW)Katsuro

If you are optimist like me and having fun with dog days here some neat tricks to use.

• Aero Vantage set bonus works on enemies so when you shoot them they fall asleep. This makes it easier to slow down enemies running super fast.
  • Vigilante set bonus gives 30% chance for orange crits. Its a lot of damage in a nutshell
  • Bullet jumping and aim gliding a lot that way you die less often (common sense but I still see players die often) 
  • Like 5

a few tips:

- don't forget to pump! I do this and then wonder why I'm not hitting anything.. try to spam alt fire after a kill Soak or after a set amount of shots.

- remember to keep an eye on your water: 100 shots goes fast if you hold the trigger down long enough.

- take Rejuvenation: it still works and heals you over time (think of it as drying at a faster speed!)

- lead your targets slightly, water is a projectile after all, and the Executioners never stop moving... ever.

- don't group up: any stray squirts aimed at you may hit a squadmate and Soak them.

- move around a lot: the terrain is flat so take to the air., enemies are less likely to hit you while aimgliding.

-try not to stray too far from the sprinklers: the executioners will come to you, and you're defenceless when you run out of water.

• Like 1

The thing I don't like about this event is even though there are tricks to make it easier three is really no way to make it an easier grind. There is no way to speed run it or to coordinate load outs, there is no more efficient way to run it. No matter what you do our how many kills you get you are stuck at 5 minutes and 50 pearls per run.

1 hour ago, SlamH said:

The thing I don't like about this event is even though there are tricks to make it easier three is really no way to make it an easier grind. There is no way to speed run it or to coordinate load outs, there is no more efficient way to run it. No matter what you do our how many kills you get you are stuck at 5 minutes and 50 pearls per run.

I understand that the grind is high but apparently this is going to be returning event which makes the high cost make sense. What that means for time period is unkown could be as bad as every summer.

Although I would still like a slightly faster way to get pearls. Maybe each "kill" could grant a couple.

6 hours ago, Sabremouse said:

Ignore executioner garesh (skinny bloke with the wide brimmed hat who evades like a thumpers last leg) and kill 3 others in the time saved.

Yeah, that dude I just ignore. I tend to get soaked by his allies if I focus on him.

But I wonder how it would be if there were enemies with this speed and circle strafing skill in regular gameplay. 

The only 'Trick' that made me Solo and get 30+ kills and 0 death (in the last arena ofc).

- When they targeted you. They will run Zig-Zag (run at random direction) make it hard to hit them. Just bullets-jump away or run away about 10 to 30 meters and they'll run straight at you, make it very easy to hit. They will also not shooting when they try to catch up to you.

This is the only 'Trick' I use... You may called it exploit.

• Like 2

Strafing runs. The point is not to be the one who gets the most kills, but to collectively deal damage so that the enemy dies. 

Straight line, bullet jump into the action, aiming at a target from a rapidly decreasing range, hit ground and sprint or slide at one member of the pack usually killing them, then carry on through to a safe distance (sometimes collect ammo). Pump, while pulling a 180 degree turn and slicing through the pack again. It tends to line them up, and when they're coming straight at you, they're easier targets. 

As others have noted, high mobility means not getting hit as often. 

If you do go down, remember that you have a short window of invulnerable, so make the most of it.