Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is warframe's support that bad and misguided?

CalmClouds

Every support person I've dealt with has been nice enough, all 1 of them. XD Sometimes people can't accept when they've done something wrong or they want to make it seem like its all on the other party. They just want to appear as the guiltless victim.

I remember one guy made a thread about when he contacted support because he had a negative plat balance and was expected to pay his "hard earned cash" so that he could fix the plat difference. Swore up and down he did nothing wrong and even showed us that he did in fact buy plat from another user, black plat. About a month later his same exact story ended up on reddit and he tried the same exact bs story that he was innocent and it was the support staff that was harassing him. But someone smart took his original thread and posted screenshots of everything. I haven't seen anything else from this dude's saga, but man was it entertaining.

If there's one thing these attention seekers are good for, its entertainment. 👍

2 minutes ago, RaDiaFox said:

The best part is when they start to back-pedal. You can almost feel the panic while reading. It's like it was their 1st time lying.

6 minutes ago, (XB1)GaussPrime said:

maybe I'll take another look at region chat..

I forgot to mention, I'm on a European server. I can't give my opinion on the US/Canadian ones, but I assume they're comparatively worse.

53 minutes ago, (XB1)GaussPrime said:

Nothing ^^ all I wanted is confirmation on the situation. 👌

No problem 😄

6 minutes ago, RaDiaFox said:

That's how a lot of this stuff starts, you're correct. They say something that would get you in trouble anywhere because you wouldn't say that in public - or at least I hope not. Then they end up complaining when they're caught.

4 minutes ago, Blexander said:

The best part is when they start to back-pedal. You can almost feel the panic while reading. It's like it was their 1st time lying.

Mmhm, and it's very obvious when they start to do it too.

• Like 1

As long as you don't spam support tickets or act abusive towards support staff, you're not at any risk of being punished for contacting support (and in the case of spamming support tickets, you may only be banned from the support ticket system, not the game itself).

The only time that support staff will ban players from the game service as a whole for submitting tickets is if the ticket contains abusive content like threats of violence.

As for the forums, if you get banned from the forums you can still play the game (unless you post extremely abusive/inappropriate content, in which case DE staff will take action). Moreover everything we (the moderators) do is overseen by DE staff and we very often peer review one another's actions and discuss ideas on how best to address certain moderation issues (which often involves a DE staff member or two in said discussions); we don't go rogue or go on power trips and if we did, DE staff could nuke us from orbit and undo anything we've done with a few key presses.

As long as you act in a mature, level headed manner then you're really not at any sort of risk of being 'unjustly punished' or becoming a victim of a 'mad support staff' or anything like that. 9 times out of 10, the folks that go on other websites to say those things tended to be unable to act in a mature and level headed manner themselves; they probably sent abusive or spamming messages to support, got caught in a lie (i.e. banned for cheating/EULA violations, they attempt to lie and feign innocence, etc), got told 'no' and couldn't accept such an answer and threw a tantrum, etc.

It's always important to be cognizant that there are two sides to a story. When you read those "I got banned for no reason!" or "DE Support is corrupt!" or "Look how misguided support is!" posts or threads or blogs, keep in mind that you're only getting one (very filtered) side of the story and are not being presented with all the facts and circumstances that would otherwise incriminate, debunk or invalidate said users' claims.

Just now, (XB1)GaussPrime said:

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to repeat it 😂

If it gets you kicked or banned from the in game chat, it will likely get your post removed at a minimum. 

Personally had no bad experiences with either support or moderators. Only ever got timed out in region chat once when someone was swearing that a game mechanic worked in some way when it simply does not, and I said something like "Sorry, but I think you're talking out of your arse mate", or some form of this expression, which should be well known and is just a figure of speech, not offensive in any way I think, and was quite confused when the mod deleted the message and contacted me. So it can be a bit strict, though the mods ARE fair (if strict). Been using only super safe language, removing any ambiguous expressions like that from my speech when writing in region chat ever since.

Other than that only heard troubling stories about "negative plat", that if you trade with someone, say sell some primed parts or whatever to them, then spend that plat you just got from them, and then the person who gave you the plat does a chargeback or if the plat he just traded you was obtained in an illegal way, YOU'RE the one losing that plat, or if you already spent it - going into negative plat and getting permabanned, with support refusing to even talk to you, when you had absolutely no way of knowing about plat being fake.

Now, Im a rational person, so I don't know if the story is true or not, but one such thread I was following waiting for staff/moderators/support to step in and clarify whether it is true or not just disappeared one day (I had the page bookmarked and was following, thread was just gone). That spooked me a little and I haven't bought plat for real money ever since, just in case it's true and I get a bad trade and my account gets banned, and I lose all the invested money into my account for something out of my control. 

It could be false, of course, someone justly banned lying or whatnot, but the thread just disappearing like that without any answer from staff/support/mods spooked me. Won't buy plat with real money again unless I figure out this is false.

Hope mentioning this concern won't get THIS thread deleted too.

Edited by Scissorsmith

1 minute ago, DeMonkey said:

Two moderators have thus far responded, politely, to the thread. If it were going to be deleted or locked they would have done so.

Yes, well, you're probably right, it's just that the threads I was following to find out if my concern about whether that story/those stories are fake or not have thus far disappeared. Things like that can spook a man, ya know?

I've had great experiences with support.

A few years ago I was going to forma my Ember Prime but decided on not picking a symbol even though there was already no symbol there. For some reason she got forma'd anyway with no change to my polarities. Support got my Ember back to rank 30 and restored my forma.

Another time I accidentally transmuted one of my good rivens. I recorded the gameplay and took a screenshot of the stats. Told support what happened and provided the name of the riven along with all of its stats. They restored it for me.

Edited by (PS4)Double991

Too lazy to quote, but I agree with the person who said they were not bad, but understaffed, and possibly not well prioritized. 

Around 2 years ago I was missing my primed flow. Pricey card, I figured it must have been a glitch, as who would delete a prime card. Within the evening I had not only a response, but one that said it was me who had deleted it from my PC, and they had restored it and I should be careful. Unbelievable support, 11/10. 

Then my 3 man clan had 2 uninvited guests around 9 months ago. 3 people who have all known each other for years and in person, all acknowledged not inviting a single person. Then one of the 2 people who got into our clan also stated they had never accepted an inv and were hacked. This ticket was left open for 2-3 months before it was merged with the next. 

Then I was hacked, has a simple 7 year old password so I guess I could only get lucky for so long. But this ticket took over a month to handle. 

Bottom line, the important stuff is probably gonna go unanswered for long enough for you to drop the game. The important stuff should take longer, but not that long as far as I can understand. But once they get to you, you are in good hands. 

Edited by BrenBlaze
Spelling

I just started a Warframe account on the PS4, and haven't had any issues. However, I played a little bit on PC, and then a whole lot on Xbox when my PC went kaput. Across those three accounts I've had multiple issues I needed help with, and support staff were nothing but helpful and kind. I think it all comes down to your demeanor, and how you approach the situation.

If you act like a petulant child, you'll be treated like a petulant child. Let's face it: they want our money, so it doesn't behoove them to ban us without good reason.

24 minutes ago, (PS4)Aqua_Adrian said:

I am on ps4 psn Aqua_Adrian and i got banned by -removed names- for trading coupons. I was banned unfairly and without warning. Someone tell me how to go about getting unbanned.

You can contact support lol, thats the only option from here

• Like 1

Granted it was several years ago, but my last experience with the support team went very smoothly. In a more recent, unrelated event I received a warning on my forum account, and upon asking for clarification about why I was moderated I received a brief, but informative response from the one who had given the warning within 24 hours. So all of my encounters with the community staff have been rather positive.

Being civil and polite has its perks, it seems.

When it comes to the automated moderation of the in-game chat, I remember a saying that my old tutor told me (admittedly referring to safe operation of industrial lathes rather than staying out of the crosshairs of moderation software) that seems rather appropriate:

"This thing doesn't have a brain. Use your own."

5 hours ago, (PS4)boilerhogbc said:

The best thing to do is not be an idiot anywhere online that can be linked or screen shotted to your account.  People *@##$ and moan about something but never give the facts, only their version of the story which of course is wrong.  

I had a big issue with how the kuva weekend went awhile ago when we got a booster.  I bought a booster so I should have been getting 4X kuva but if you were in your operator when the last braid was destroyed you would only get 2X for the mission.  DE admitted their problem yet did nothing to help me in the support ticket(did about 200,000 kuva, should have had at least 350,000.)  "We cant give you that much, we can give you 1000 kuva though"  

I put in a ticket for all the resources that went into my built archwing launchers that were made before Fortuna came out.  I even did the math for the 4 resources and support still told me to get stuffed even though those resources were literally just blown into the wind.  

So yes, they dealt with it according to protocol or whatever but its really stupid sometimes.

You for real? You got an infinite number of free uses for the archwing launcher. You want your "resources back". 

You ran into an issue with one very small part of the game, so you spent a whole weekend doing just that, hoping to get many times more of the resources than the task rewards, got hundreds of thousands of kuva, decided that you should have had hundreds of thousands more and are unhappy that they said "yeah, that's not going to happen"?

4 hours ago, Scissorsmith said:

Yes, well, you're probably right, it's just that the threads I was following to find out if my concern about whether that story/those stories are fake or not have thus far disappeared. Things like that can spook a man, ya know?

It's possible those threads were merged into other threads as well. Merging threads do not alert players, and is often mistaken as removing/deleting a thread--if you posted in a thread that no longer exists as far as you can see, the first thing you should do is check your own post history to see if your post in said thread still exists in what may be a new thread.

Alternatively, if it was determined that the threads were spreading misinformation or violating forum rules, they may be removed instead of being locked; when we remove posts or threads for rule violations or spreading misinformation, we do not publicly announce such actions in order to better respect the posting user's privacy and avoid negatively impacting their reputation within the community...

After all, if we posted "User <insert user here>'s post/thread was removed for violating rule 1, 2 and 6" whenever we removed content, we would actually be violating our own "No naming & shaming" rule, as we'd be naming a user and shaming them by airing the colloquial dirty laundry.

If you have questions about specific threads, your best option is to send a private message to a moderator to inquire about the nature of a thread's removal.

I don't think we're allowed to talk about it anyway, but it does make me wonder. If the Guides had a role in issuing Support tickets, then your story becomes more credible, and the phrasing "you don't deserve to play warframe" reminds me of one of them.

Again, what's done is done. It's best we just leave it at that.

• Like 1

the only bad thing about support imho - their response time is over 99999 days. Which is bullS#&amp;&#036; for a theme,where you need fast help. Its like calling ambulance and waiting for it for a week. Wtf? this shouldnt be a thing,lol. And DE isnt a smol indie company with no money so they cant hire more people. I dunno.

But no,i dont think support can do bad things to people with no reason. At least from my/friends experience. 

Their support is more than good, it's just the players that can't be patient and start flooding the support with so many tickets, slowing the global response speed

Unless you can handle 100 requests a day with half of them posting 3 tickets a day and start posting badmouth messages if you can't solve their request in less than a day which will make you a prime candidate for their support

15 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

ho

Yep.  They literally removed resources from my inventory, why is that not a problem to you?  

They also admitted that there was a coding problem yet did nothing to fix it.  Again, a problem that should have been addressed, not just a hotfix for next time.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)boilerhogbc said:

Yep.  They literally removed resources from my inventory, why is that not a problem to you?  

They also admitted that there was a coding problem yet did nothing to fix it.  Again, a problem that should have been addressed, not just a hotfix for next time.

You should be careful when editing the quotes. 

And it's not a problem because it's like I walked into a store, bought some stuff, and later the company contacted me to let me know that I had won a lifetime supply of what I bought. You gonna be all salty and demand a refund because they gave it to you? 

This isn't even the first time it's happened to you, the whole "you bought these before but we're making them free from now on. Maybe you never got the widgets for your scanner, and maybe you forgot that they're a thing. Either way, it's not an actual problem. 

Seriously, what do you think we're going to be spending those resources on anyway? 🙄