Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So is this Flooframe now?

Tellakey

Seriously, I get it, floolfs are cool and all, but I'm starting to feel like DE puts way too much emphasis on them. A whole system across two open worlds, a grind-fest of an event dedicated almost solely for them, and now Baro. Can we... slow down and focus on some other $hit?

Edited by Tellakey
  • Like 8

3 minutes ago, (XB1)GaussPrime said:

I agree, it's getting out of hand.. I'd much rather have him bring more primed mods, but oh well.. go with the flow and grab it while you can..

Indeed, I'm a hypocrite. Not a minute after posting I went ahead and bought it. I don't even place floofs around my Liset. I'm just obsessed with collecting everything.

• Like 1

Just now, (XB1)GaussPrime said:

Oh no worries, a lot of players get stuff in the game for the sake of it and collecting stuff..

For example, I'll NEVER use the kubrow and kavat emblem he brought to console, but I got them nonetheless..

Same. For that matter, I'll NEVER use my kubrows over the kavats.

33 minutes ago, Tellakey said:

Seriously, I get it, floolfs are cool and all, but I'm starting to feel like DE puts way too much emphasis on them. A whole system across two open worlds, a grind-fest of an event dedicated almost solely for them, and now Baro. Can we... slow down and focus on other things?

Honestly I think they are well aware of the fact but they keep over-hyping it since they know someone will still fall for it and won't admit to itself that floofs are just an attention grab because DE can't be bothered whipping up new rewards.

It was kind of amusing at first but know it's bloody floofs for everything. Wouldn't be surprised it they'll show up as prizes in next NW act.

Edited by Olphalarepth

The "whole system" thing is overblowing it a bit. It's a minor system. And while I'm not into it, and I'm certainly not a big fan of the Nightwave challenge related to it (it was tolerable before the changes), it makes plenty of other players happy. Floofs are popular. People like them. Of course DE is going to make some floofs for those players. And I'll just largely skip that. I'm not going to get annoyed because other people like something I don't, nor get mad at DE for doing something which, again, makes a lot of players happy. Not everything has to be about me and what I like.

Why would that addition bother anyone? Floofs are in my orbiter, not being seen by anyone but me, not altering anyone's playing experience.

I also don't get the argument of "bring something else instead". I don't think that what is basically a decorative item can be compared in any meaningful sense with a weapon or a mod or something like that i.e. items that need an actual design thinking behind them. You may argue that DE is spending (or wasting) resources to bring those stuff, but it's not necessary that the people working on floofs are the same ones that work on the Vauban rework, or Empyrean or the New War.

3 minutes ago, rastaban75 said:

You may argue that DE is spending (or wasting) resources to bring those stuff, but it's not necessary that the people working on floofs are the same ones that work on the Vauban rework, or Empyrean or the New War.

Oh god, do you think de has team dedicated to floofs?

1 minute ago, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

I think DE has people working on cosmetics and visual design of items. Floofs may be one of them. One of the hundreds of them. Designing and implementing a floof might be a side project.

8 minutes ago, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

floofs are simple static models that reuse one texture (canvas) across the board, tinted in different shades. anyone versed in blender can make one in under an hour.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rastaban75 said:

I think DE has people working on cosmetics and visual design of items. Floofs may be one of them. One of the hundreds of them. Designing and implementing a floof might be a side project.

So New War and Railjack don't have cosmetics or items to be designed?Plus all the current items that are visually broken for months/years.I think instead of another floof no one asked for, fixing them would be a priority if i was a dev.

6 minutes ago, DeathDweller said:

So New War and Railjack don't have cosmetics or items to be designed?Plus all the current items that are visually broken for months/years.I think instead of another floof no one asked for, fixing them would be a priority if i was a dev.

I'm happy for more floofs, so you wont see me complaining about Baro's new addition for one. 

The FloofArmy Assembles.