Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So is this Flooframe now?

Tellakey

How much dev time do you honestly think it takes to add a floof? Even the roller ones probably weren't that much more than a normal floof if they reused the Lunaro physics as a base.

And for anyone bothered that Baro brought a floof instead of whatever you wanted just be honest with yourselves; anything short of a meta primed mod or weapon makes people upset and Baro will never bring a constant flow of those.

vor 33 Minuten schrieb evilChair:

floofs are simple static models that reuse one texture (canvas) across the board, tinted in different shades. anyone versed in blender can make one in under an hour.

The only thing which disturbes me, the Beachball floofs sound like a hollow plastic shell popping over the floor, although they appear as denim or leather.. 

Edited by NoSpax

19 minutes ago, trst said:

How much dev time do you honestly think it takes to add a floof? Even the roller ones probably weren't that much more than a normal floof if they reused the Lunaro physics as a base.

And for anyone bothered that Baro brought a floof instead of whatever you wanted just be honest with yourselves; anything short of a meta primed mod or weapon makes people upset and Baro will never bring a constant flow of those.

We just had a whole grind-festy event revolved around floofs as rewards. Now sure, the floofs aren't responsible for the awful execution, but they stood in the way of what could've been a more worthwhile reward pool.

7 minutes ago, Tellakey said:

We just had a whole grind-festy event revolved around floofs as rewards. Now sure, the floofs aren't responsible for the awful execution, but they stood in the way of what could've been a more worthwhile reward pool.

Have you considered that perhaps the floofs were the worthwhile reward?

Not saying it was a "good" event but the floofs were more than just a meme, plenty of people enjoy collecting them and spent the dozens of hours farming to make their ball pits because they wanted to.

And be it floofs, cosmetics, mods, or weapons no single reward will ever appeal to everyone. Some people enjoyed it and some didn't, this same thing plays out with every event we've ever had.

54 minutes ago, trst said:

Have you considered that perhaps the floofs were the worthwhile reward?

Not saying it was a "good" event but the floofs were more than just a meme, plenty of people enjoy collecting them and spent the dozens of hours farming to make their ball pits because they wanted to.

And be it floofs, cosmetics, mods, or weapons no single reward will ever appeal to everyone. Some people enjoyed it and some didn't, this same thing plays out with every event we've ever had.

I agree with you to an extent - many people do like the floofs and see them as worthwhile rewards.

I represent many of us who dislike the game's apparent shift in focus from meaningful gameplay to cosmetics.

3 hours ago, Andvarja said:

The "whole system" thing is overblowing it a bit. It's a minor system. And while I'm not into it, and I'm certainly not a big fan of the Nightwave challenge related to it (it was tolerable before the changes), it makes plenty of other players happy. Floofs are popular. People like them. Of course DE is going to make some floofs for those players. And I'll just largely skip that. I'm not going to get annoyed because other people like something I don't, nor get mad at DE for doing something which, again, makes a lot of players happy. Not everything has to be about me and what I like.

I'm of like mind. I put a ball for my kavat, but I haven't really done much conservation. It's not really my thing. Other people seemed to really enjoy it, so more power to them. ☺️

6 hours ago, DeathDweller said:

So New War and Railjack don't have cosmetics or items to be designed?Plus all the current items that are visually broken for months/years.I think instead of another floof no one asked for, fixing them would be a priority if i was a dev.

You act like the entirety of the DE office had to drop what they were doing to design a single floof.

People who have no idea what goes into the various facets of game design should really not comment on them.

8 hours ago, Tellakey said:

Can we... slow down and focus on some other $hit?

OMG HE'S AGAINST FLOOFS!! SMOTHER HIM!!! SHOW HIM THE ERROR OF HIS NON-HUGGABLE WAYS!

honestly, I think these are just being made by a side team that does cosmetics. major props to those that worked on the Shawzin.. they made it like a real instrument!

imagine this, the event reward is a gun lets say opticor vandal, after you get it the event is worthless to you because you already get it.
meanwhile the reward is a floof, after you get it, you can still replay the event to get another one, and another, and another x100

see? something like these floof can actually be a better reward than just another gun

or they just make a gun that give you different stat everytime you get it from drops, something that can recreate an "infinite" replayability.
for now, looks like floofs is the thing that fills that position maybe because theyre easier to make than a gun or mod and they can just recolor it 5 times and sell it separately as content.

It's for people who haven't much left in the game to do. However I do understand the immense amount of stuff in the game. Im mastery 6 on Jupiter have been for like 5 weeks because all I'm doing is taxi'd High index's and trading for platinum in game. Don't get me wrong I'm very proud of my work and love it, making so much. It's just I've been forgetting to actually play the game lol. 

8 hours ago, Chipputer said:

You act like the entirety of the DE office had to drop what they were doing to design a single floof.

People who have no idea what goes into the various facets of game design should really not comment on them.

Too bad i've graduated in game design, so now that i have the right to comment, find me my next flaw, so you can defend more poorly made choices.

Edited by DeathDweller