Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframes with a banshee style of gameplay

(PSN)Hopper_Orouk

Can there ever be a warframe that plays like banshee?

Squishy, requires mobility and parkour to survive, but packs a hell of a punch

As a person who's extremely bored of warframe and only logs in so i won't surpass my clan's inactivity limit, i want something that requires more skill

I want a warframe that has no defensive abilities...every new warframe that gets released is close to unkillable...can't we get something new? It's getting quite tedious.

ember?
after changes on augments, both her fireball + accelerant augment can raise her damage dramatically and still squish (her only survivability is her accelerant's stun and fire proc)
ops... not sure if arrived on ps4 yet

Harrow?
besides he has some survivability tools, he isn't tanky one, but has nice DPS with Penance (buff fire rate, reload and attack speed, plus passive healing but consume his shield on cast) and covenant augment (raises crit timer duration if you kill with headshot)
and at end of the day, he is self-sufficient with healing and energy regeneration, but can't witstand much damage bursts out of covenant invulnerability effect

Khora?
if you build her around the 1st skill augment (Accumlating whipclaw), she can pack some hard punches over time, but she has some crowd control and capability to heal with Venari pet

Mag?
can break enemy's armor, relies on her shield (squishier without Adaptation) and can apply some extra crowd control if using Counter Pulse augment for Polarize or immobilize them with Fracturing Crush augment for Crush
or you can set up some magnetize bombs and detonate by using Magnetized Discharge for Magnetize

Titania?
playing mostly on razorwing mode for extra DPS, but she has 1° and 3° ability as crowd control

not sure if Mirage and Zephyr counts there... didn't played for an long time

• Like 4

Ash the ninja warframe ? Low invisibility duration, so need to be active.
Mirage needs a lot of parkour to survive.
Mag, maybe ?
Wisp, despite the heal-regen the jump-invisibility seems to be better for high-lvl missions + her 3 allows you to stun & counter attack

Nyx is squishy but don't punch

Probably not. According to recent data she's the second least played frame, and has been at the bottom of the popularity list for years and years(2015/16 she was the least played). She's in the weird spot where she should technically be on the board for a rework or QOL pass, but most of there abilities have very niche uses that players sometimes exploit. Sonar for 48 hour survival runs, silence for melee and continuous fire weapon leveling on adaro, and augmented quake for quick trash mob clearing in something like syndicate defense missions or for low level relic farms.

The reason you don't see her in general gameplay is because all those niche uses are either unnecessary in general moment to moment gameplay, or counterproductive. Her animations lack polish, can't be cast while on the move and don't have any depth that make gameplay a bit more interesting. People have been suggesting reworks or changes for years, but she's always been overlooked, intentionally or not.

She's only ever received two changes to her abilities that weren't part of blanket nerfs or buffs targeting a lot of other warframes. Four years ago they made sonar recastable so you could interrupt the propagation of a previous pulse, and last year or the year before that they slightly nerfed silence's base duration to line up with her other abilities, which didn't have much of an effect either way.

That's why I wouldn't count on DE releasing a frame that plays like Banshee again.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

According to recent data she's the second least played frame, and has been at the bottom of the popularity list

Yea..it's probably because "why would i play banshee when x warframe exists" mentality

Also you're right her visual affects are boring and outdated

And nobody wants to die in warframe so there's that too

Well nobody excepts me i guess...

2 hours ago, Zeyez said:

ember?
after changes on augments, both her fireball + accelerant augment can raise her damage dramatically and still squish (her only survivability is her accelerant's stun and fire proc)
ops... not sure if arrived on ps4 yet

Harrow?
besides he has some survivability tools, he isn't tanky one, but has nice DPS with Penance (buff fire rate, reload and attack speed, plus passive healing but consume his shield on cast) and covenant augment (raises crit timer duration if you kill with headshot)
and at end of the day, he is self-sufficient with healing and energy regeneration, but can't witstand much damage bursts out of covenant invulnerability effect

Khora?
if you build her around the 1st skill augment (Accumlating whipclaw), she can pack some hard punches over time, but she has some crowd control and capability to heal with Venari pet

Mag?
can break enemy's armor, relies on her shield (squishier without Adaptation) and can apply some extra crowd control if using Counter Pulse augment for Polarize or immobilize them with Fracturing Crush augment for Crush
or you can set up some magnetize bombs and detonate by using Magnetized Discharge for Magnetize

Titania?
playing mostly on razorwing mode for extra DPS, but she has 1° and 3° ability as crowd control

not sure if Mirage and Zephyr counts there... didn't played for an long time

These don't really need mobility they have other advantages...i want someone that needs ONLY mobility to survive ...no healing no shield that deflects 100% of damage no damage reduction

Yeah i don't think we have that anymore 

I like her predator kind of style, wish she has the thermo vision or some sort of resonance mechanism whereby she can sense the vibration of enemies and they show up on the screen

Enemy sense is defiantly a survival tool for her when compared to other frames and it would be nice if she got an innate buffed version of it at least

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, (PS4)yandelyandel2000 said:

I like her predator kind of style, wish she has the thermo vision or some sort of resonance mechanism whereby she can sense the vibration of enemies and they show up on the screen

Enemy sense is defiantly a survival tool for her when compared to other frames and it would be nice if she got an innate buffed version of it at least

You can always equip a companion with Animal Instinct

1 hour ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

These don't really need mobility they have other advantages...i want someone that needs ONLY mobility to survive ...no healing no shield that deflects 100% of damage no damage reduction

Simple, just play Ivara and don't use Prowl.  

1 hour ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

You can always equip a companion with Animal Instinct

I mean a much more empowered enemy sense where you can see enemies through obstacles from their vibrations 

Not just looking at the minimap to see enemies but looking at your field of view in order to identify what enemies are coming simply by moving your view to a direction

Plus the survivability mods for pets are largely in favor of tanky frames so at much shorter time span, it would be better just to let the pet die

• Like 1

I too wish there was a Warframe that relied on mobility to not only survive but also maximize damage output. In other words, I wish there was a Warframe that played like TF2's scout. I think there are a lot of design obstacles in the way of really achieving that, but to get close I think a squishy Warframe would need the following set of general mechanics and passives:

• High sprint speed, decreased friction/increased slide (moreso than Nezha), increased roll speed and distance
  • High damage reduction during parkour moves (roll, aim glide, slide, bullet jump, any sort of high speed movement) to approximate damage "dodged"
  • Some kind of "damage dodged" + "momentum" meter/energy resource that can be leveraged into scaling abilities.

Gauss could be interesting, but we'll have to wait and see.

58 minutes ago, Brucely said:

I too wish there was a Warframe that relied on mobility to not only survive but also maximize damage output. In other words, I wish there was a Warframe that played like TF2's scout. I think there are a lot of design obstacles in the way of really achieving that, but to get close I think a squishy Warframe would need the following set of general mechanics and passives:

• High sprint speed, decreased friction/increased slide (moreso than Nezha), increased roll speed and distance
  • High damage reduction during parkour moves (roll, aim glide, slide, bullet jump, any sort of high speed movement) to approximate damage "dodged"
  • Some kind of "damage dodged" + "momentum" meter/energy resource that can be leveraged into scaling abilities.

Gauss could be interesting, but we'll have to wait and see.

18 minutes ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Gauss?

i'm nitpicking here but gauss has a defensive ability that protects him from physical, heat and cold damage, so not really what i'm looking for

i'm not even looking for extremely squishy frames but just ones that have no defensive abilities, i want to survive on my own with my own parkour skills...i don't want to be revenant and press 2 and forget damage even exists, you feel me?

but on the other hand...gauss needs mobility to do his work...like damage, maintain his 4 etc

so i guess we'll just have to wait and see how he plays out

No defensive abilities at all, not even ones that require skill and energy to maintain?

Probably only Banshee, maybe Ember, but i like Banshee's kit more, except Sound Quake.

But you can always choose to play whatever frame without using their defensive abilities, except maybe frames like Chroma, Atlas, Mirage and Limbo.

Imo. just go with Banshee, it's a great frame.

Garuda, maybe?  Sure, her 1 and 2 have defensive aspects, but the mirror requires more active defense and is much more risky than your usual mitigation or invulnerability power; and the altar can just be used as a spot CC and a support ability for your squad.  If you go high range, the pounce aspect of her 1 is really fun to combine with parkour.  And of course a lot of her whole shtick is dancing  on the edge of death.  And yeah, she can cause some damage while doing that dance.  😉

Doesn't sound like a perfect fit, but maybe close enough to scratch the itch.

I think you're looking for a Mirage. High damage potential. High protection only in the shadow zone, which means fast gameplay. Clones mitigate damage a bit, but I don't think it's like a defensive ability.

But on the whole I agree. In recent years, not out of pure DPS, pure tanks and pure supports.

On 2019-08-16 at 9:25 PM, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

then unless you ignore the survivability component from some warframes, i should regret to inform you *this is just the beginning* that even Banshee has some survivability skills (quake, silence and 1° skill can disrupt the enemy)

the ones i did mentioned (Ember, Titania, Harrow, Mag, Khora) and Garuda are ones with low survivability or can be played without relying on it too much, did even make sure about mentioning their augments to change that property (Harrow Lasting Covenant makes more difficult to survive, ember's 1st skill augment on recent update can apply fire element on herself...)

i think you raised the requirements beyond than necessary, because the only option remaining now is an non-released warframe (Gauss)

29 minutes ago, Zeyez said:

then unless you ignore the survivability component from some warframes, i should regret to inform you *this is just the beginning* that even Banshee has some survivability skills (quake, silence and 1° skill can disrupt the enemy)

the ones i did mentioned (Ember, Titania, Harrow, Mag, Khora) and Garuda are ones with low survivability or can be played without relying on it too much, did even make sure about mentioning their augments to change that property (Harrow Lasting Covenant makes more difficult to survive, ember's 1st skill augment on recent update can apply fire element on herself...)

i think you raised the requirements beyond than necessary, because the only option remaining now is an non-released warframe (Gauss)

Yeah think i went beyond what's possible in warframe but i think i've found what i'm looking for ...someone like volt and garuda are very welcome in this category...they have shields but only in an 180 angle 

Banshee is the perfect pic because you literally need to move to reapply that stun from silence on enemies and beyond that you don't have much to survive other than your parkour skills 

Zephyr is good too although i don't like that she has 100% damage evasion when she's already swift and mobile 

Everyone likes something different when it comes to this game. And that is a good thing.

What you are looking for in the game is already in there but you have to switch between things. It's the Scanners in the game. When people used to do stealth runs, this was used to see the enemies through walls. It was a good time and even had a challenge on PrimeTime at one time.

Then the game got faster and people no longer stealth but run n gun. Many of the frames can be as delicate as you want. Do not put armor/life/shield mods on and take them purely as they are made. This way, you can see the difference and another version of the frame you did not use before.

Have fun

On 2019-08-17 at 7:25 AM, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

Excalibur it is