The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hunter Adrenaline on Oberon. Good or Bad?

(PSN)RussianGenCoke

Question

Alright, first time posting here so my apologies if I posted it in the wrong place/looks wonky.

I've had Oberon for my entire playtime and found that Hunter Adrenaline works tremendously for me as I focus more towards his healing powers and would like to have tons of energy all the time (especially with all the Nekros players I see). I discussed my build with a clan mate and a classmate and they both said I shouldn't be using the mod at all. I have Rage but HA provides 5% more energy and my Kubrow could benefit from the extra damage if slash is applied to the enemy. Are they correct? If so, what mod would work better for a strength and armor build?

EDIT: I do have Phoenix Renewal on my build so I'm not worried about dying.

Edited by (PS4)RussianGenCoke
Left out detail

I always run with oberon using both rage and hunter adrenaline. I almost never die and on top of that, I have phoenix renewal just in case I do die. I haven't tried to compare armor vs strength build but I'm aiming to go for a strength build on top on a little armor using power conversion. Renewal in conjunction with hallowed ground should give you a decent armor buff and on top of that, more healing if you're aiming for a power build.

Arcane Gaurdian is also a thing you probably will have later on so armor may not be such a big issue since arcanes don't cost mod slots so I'm leaning more into the strength build here based on what I know.

22 minutes ago, (PS4)RussianGenCoke said:

. I discussed my build with a clan mate and a classmate and they both said I shouldn't be using the mod at all. 

Did they say why ? 

If not then theres no reason not to use Hunter's Adrenaline... it works... for Oberon....

having some form of Energy on Health Damage is pretty convenient for the way Oberon works, as it will dramatically reduce the effective cost of Renewal.
i can't really think of a Loadout in which it wouldn't fit, since you would just have a Mod of this type replace an Efficiency Mod and then you still have a fairly cost effective Energy Drain.

but, it's also a Mod Slot, and if you have Energize, that would usurp the need for it and you'd gain a Mod Slot then. so there's a few different ways to look at it.

It depends on your available gear tbh. There are so many ways to heal in this game that often those sorts of mods do become a bit redundant and the slot could be better used with another mod. Consider we have Zenurik, energy pads, Sahasa kubrows, Nekros diggin up energy, Trinity EV and of course the ultimate, Arcane Energize available to us. With all that in your gear options you may find you don't need to waste a mod slot on Hunter Adrenalin.

1 minute ago, Zilchy said:

OP mentioned he prefers to play the healer frame for others. You don't have phoenix renewal in that build.

If you die with 148 hp/s and 736 extra armor, something is wrong.

I took this to arbitration, not buffed, and kept everyone alive and healed or healing for an hour.

Edited by (PS4)Oberionne

1 minute ago, (PS4)Oberionne said:

If you die with 148 hp/s and 736 extra armor, something is wrong.

I'd still expect a healer oberon to be using phoenix renewal. And it's not for you, it's for your team mates.

Edit: the people you see in pub could definitely still manage to die, let's face it.

Edited by Zilchy
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

I'd still expect a healer oberon to be using phoenix renewal. And it's not for you, it's for your team mates.

If you expect a healer to need an augment, then you have had some slacking healers, imo.  That build normally out heals any damage coming in (to self or team) for a long time. It's overkill on starcharts, but is wonderful in Arbitration and Kuva Survival.

You afk and die under that build, it's not the healer's issue.

Edited by (PS4)Oberionne
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, (PS4)Oberionne said:

If you expect a healer to need an augment, then you have had some slacking healers, imo.  That build normally out heals any damage coming in (to self or team) for a long time. It's overkill on starcharts, but is wonderful in Arbitration and Kuva Survival.

You afk and die under that build, it's not the healer's issue.

Everything is overkill for starchart...

You can't say it wouldn't benefit from phoenix renewal in say a 2 hour arbitration or MOT.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Oberionne said:

It's overkill on starcharts, but is wonderful in Arbitration and Kuva Survival.

Literally why I have it, but, I also see a ton of people play fragile frames and go down under my watch regardless,

Edited by (PS4)RussianGenCoke
added word for proper sentence flow

2 minutes ago, (PS4)RussianGenCoke said:

Literally why I have it, but, I also see a ton of people play fragile frames go down under my watch regardless.

As the other guy said, ppl don't pay enough attention and will go down. It's annoying but it's what we put up with as a healer frame.

Edited by Zilchy
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, (PS4)RussianGenCoke said:

Literally why I have it, but, I also see a ton of people play fragile frames go down under my watch regardless.

Sometimes it's the team that's the issue. "Oh, look! A Phoenix Renewal Oberon! I can be stoopid now!" They don't pay attention to the hp/s or the Phoenix timer. I, personally, remove the 'stoopid' safety net so they learn to pay attention to their health bars. I find some people learn when an Oberon suddenly doesn't have Phoenix Renewal to protect them. So, again, if you die with 147 hp/s and 736 extra armor, you did a stoopid and didn't pay attention.

Sometimes it is the healer. The healer may not have the optimal hp/s for the frames/players in the squad.

As healers, we do what we can....but you can't heal stoopid.

Edited by (PS4)Oberionne
  • Like 2

Depends on your gear and how you play him.

If you play him based on his Armor / Regen ability then Hunter's Adrenaline is pretty much a given.

If you play him based on his CC and Armor Strip it's less useful since the idea is to not get hit at that point.

It's even less useful if you put an Energize set on him since this also gives energy during a channeled ability and doesn't rely on being hit.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, (PS4)RussianGenCoke said:

Alright, first time posting here so my apologies if I posted it in the wrong place/looks wonky.

I've had Oberon for my entire playtime and found that Hunter Adrenaline works tremendously for me as I focus more towards his healing powers and would like to have tons of energy all the time (especially with all the Nekros players I see). I discussed my build with a clan mate and a classmate and they both said I shouldn't be using the mod at all. I have Rage but HA provides 5% more energy and my Kubrow could benefit from the extra damage if slash is applied to the enemy. Are they correct? If so, what mod would work better for a strength and armor build?

I don't use HA/Rage because there are sometimes that I really don't take that much damage with oberon depending on the party I'm in, so I stop using HA/Rage. I prefer duration or efficiency now.

Edited by MPonder

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Zilchy:

It depends on your available gear tbh. There are so many ways to heal in this game that often those sorts of mods do become a bit redundant and the slot could be better used with another mod. Consider we have Zenurik, energy pads, Sahasa kubrows, Nekros diggin up energy, Trinity EV and of course the ultimate, Arcane Energize available to us. With all that in your gear options you may find you don't need to waste a mod slot on Hunter Adrenalin.

Zitat

Team Energy Restores,  Energy Siphon, the Rift Plane,  Trinity's  Energy Vampire, or Zenurik's Void Dash

All this things don't work while renewal is active but Hunter Adrenalin does work.

https://tennoware.com/warframes/oberon prime/11024113000w4050000h005o403j405p710a210y810y710y910a903b403

Nigh invulnerability is a hell of a drug. 

Use a build similar to this (drop the phoenix for streamline) to run around doing profit takers, and pretty much never die. If your willing to imput an umbral forma into him, and are willing to put as many forma as is needed into him, then there's this even more ludicrous option too

https://tennoware.com/warframes/oberon prime/11222143007i205i703w605c105j405o403a210y810y710y910a903b403

Bring a status weapon, shoot something, get the growing power buff active, then drop your Renewal down and you'll heal your allies to full upon them 'dying'. Bring along a Pax Bolt, get a headshot with that status proc, and you got even more healing, armor, and efficiency for it as well. 

and thanks to adaptation and the three umbral mods with your regen, your pretty much invulnerable yourself. Heck of a fun time, recommend. 

(and to actually answer your question, yes, Hunters adrenaline works great on him. Thanks to the fact he's going to have a constant drain active do to his Renewal, Hunters and Energize are the only real ways for him to gain energy, and thanks to the health regen it grants, health damage is never really a problem. Also, in case your wondering, Hunters works based of none mitigated damage you take, so adaption wont reduce the energy granted) 

Edited by WellIHopeThisOneWorks

12 hours ago, (PS4)RussianGenCoke said:

Rage/HA is GREAT with Oberon, fits the utility slot within his builds. Using both however you slide into the luxury zone of things. Mod space is limited the mods have to be doing something of value and worth the cost. Running both can work with Oberon, likes energy keeps him alive and allows his radiation fun times. 

Hunter mod set bonus is niche and needs some certain setups to work well. Not sure about you but in practice I normally do more damage compared to pets. Majority of my pets are utility slots over damage machines. Certain set bonues is useful in boosting damage....looking at you rifle and melee 

lol @ Nekro needing heals.  

I dont know how these awesome oberons have both range and strength that keeps everyone up for hours of arbitration etc.   My oberon for range has ok healing but people can take damage faster than his ability will keep up with.  He does a huge burst of healing when you turn it on.  So I usually have to use that.  I never use mine so I cant even remember my stats.   

But there isnt very many good ways to build up energy as Oberon without HA/Rage....  You could try being zenurik primaried and use Deth Cube+augmented so his kills drop energy orbs but thats sounds like crap for long missions.  

I dont get why your even asking.......  You didnt say you were having any problems with your oberon... only that your clanmates told you not to do something that you dont have problems with....

14 hours ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Nothing wrong with having excess energy to cast an "Oh Snap 4" to CC enemies around you if it gets tense or you lose the control

Though it's a self fulfilling situation.

The mod slot could go towards Natural Talent or more Power Range to decrease the likelihood of losing control.

I personally just go minimum Power Strength for Reckoning strip and Phoenix Renewal for a free life. I get why people use Hunters and stack Power Strength. The tactic just doesn't scale all that great for what I'm used to. You'd need to babysit an Ancient Healer to get much value from it later in a run.