Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

remove zhuge prime self damage

xmegarockx

I generally don't have an issue with the zhuge self damage - other than it is delayed.  So for example if you use it to break a corpus grate you are about to jump through from a distance, the delay is perfect to zap you when you actually get there to go through.  And unless a super tank, with the riven build on it, it is often enough to kill me. 😝

If you want things changed, maybe you should name better reasons on to why things need a change. Let me help you a bit.

Zhuge Prime either deserves more damage or self-damage taken away. The damage it inflicts hardly justifies having self-damage. Since self-damage is a mechanic to reward riskful gameplay with heavy damage output.

Same can be said to Stug but that weapon seems forgotten anyway as it and the Acrid were the only weapons not even being mentioned in the great weapon rebalance that happened last year, sadly.

If they want to keep the self-damage, as much as everyone hates it, then it's better to lower the delay until the explosion from around 2 seconds to 0.5 seconds. That way, less of running into your own shots after someone died while making it less awkward of killing enemies before the bolt explodes.

At the same time, there are cases where the bolts only explode after a corpse have despawned or latency is delaying the explosion. 

I have used all of the weapons that people swear that we need self damage as a game physic because said weapons would be too powerful without it.

All of these weapons, that need self damage, because they would be too powerful without it? All of them? They are all trash. Every single one of them. Compared to other weapons that are just long since far superior. It's time people stopped grasping to this idea that the physic is needed, or even wanted by more than 1% of the player base. If they removed the physic tomorrow it would be universally approved of minus literally like 5 people who would be annoyed.

As stated previously, for players of Chroma and other masochist frames, there needs to be a mod that applies self damage, it's something you should specifically have to mod for. Period. nothing in the game should apply self damage unless you've deliberately built it to, and only then so that Chroma can have his infinite damage exploit. 

On 2019-08-24 at 7:35 PM, IceColdHawk said:

If you want things changed, maybe you should name better reasons on to why things need a change. Let me help you a bit.

Zhuge Prime either deserves more damage or self-damage taken away. The damage it inflicts hardly justifies having self-damage. Since self-damage is a mechanic to reward riskful gameplay with heavy damage output.

Same can be said to Stug but that weapon seems forgotten anyway as it and the Acrid were the only weapons not even being mentioned in the great weapon rebalance that happened last year, sadly.

they didn't do anything with the stug because no one would touch that piece of trash even if it could one shot hydrolysts.

It's weird to use, not fun to use, and all around functions more like a tool for artificially inseminating Clydesdales rather than an actual weapon.

You shoot grineer with it and they just look down at them selves, then look at you like "what the hell man? My mouth was open! This is just nasty!"

How about no. In my opinion DE made a huge mistake by introducing weapons like the arca plasmor, we dont need anything line that anymore.

Adjusting slef dmg on the other hand is another thing on its on. That I would support since while I dont have many issues with it, there can be some situations that can lead to you dying, because a teammate jumped infront of you.

On 2019-08-24 at 11:54 AM, xmegarockx said:

remove zhuge prime self damage that thing is explosive i ended my self killed over and over i dont know why self damage is a thing in this game!

real ship: why the fudge bolts do not simply explode on impact why would i want to wait for the thing to explode to kill the dude in a mission im going to simply shoot him dead im not going to wait for the thing to explode, no one would