Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does Bullet Jump make the game too easy?

sebidel

Bullet jumping is the main reason I stopped playing Destiny and started playing Warframe again. Having to slow-sprint or butt scoot everywhere feels so sluggish to me compared to our mobility options in WF. To answer your Q, OP, I don't think bullet jumping is what trivializes most of the content in this game. It's our ability to minmax our gear to attain absurd damage numbers, as well as abusing and stacking CC mechanics. Bullet jumping would only trivialize this game if this game were a parkour platformer, which it (usually) is not.

1 hour ago, sebidel said:

Therefore I propose the removal of bullet jumping from the game (and change a bit operator void dashing as well). Missions will take longer, enemies will have to be dealt with (exception Loki and such, I know, but think about nullifiers), traps will have to be avoided, proper routes will have to be taken or new ones made with Warframe abilities like nova’s portal, ivara’s arrows or dashing with Zephir. And before you tell me how there is a Warframe that can still easily deal with specific missions remember that you will have to change them on every new type of mission (also remember there’s nullifiers). Sure this will make some mods obsolete and all that but people don’t really use them.

Say you remove bullet jump. Will that make the game harder? So my unkillable Inaros will walk past everyone slightly slower. My friend's room-clearing Saryn will room-clear and walk through a map devoid of enemies within range slightly slower. And then there are frames like Gauss, Volt and Zephyr who still have massive movement-enhancing abilities. Congratulations, you've made an easy game still just as easy, but considerably less cool.

Warframe has issues. Bullet jumping is not among them.

You are d*** wrong. Your opinion is t****. 

Why don’t you use just 7 Mods for each and everyone of your loadouts? Why not stop using billet jump and no any “too powerful” movement or attack styles for yourself? 

Edited by George_PPS

10 minutes ago, Steel_Rook said:

Say you remove bullet jump. Will that make the game harder? So my unkillable Inaros will walk past everyone slightly slower. My friend's room-clearing Saryn will room-clear and walk through a map devoid of enemies within range slightly slower. And then there are frames like Gauss, Volt and Zephyr who still have massive movement-enhancing abilities. Congratulations, you've made an easy game still just as easy, but considerably less cool.

Warframe has issues. Bullet jumping is not among them.

Well... yes it would. As Warframe stands now, you can just bullet jump out of trouble. There is pretty much no risk in jumping into a situation you are too weak for. The game cannot punish impulsiveness when there is a get out of jail free card with essentially no downtime. The question is not whether it would make the game hard or not, but rather would it make a big enough difference to warrant its removal. For the reasons you stated, I would say no; it would not make enough of a difference to warrant its outright removal.

Edited by Goodwill

It does indeed make the game a bit of a joke. Removing it would slow the game down immensely for a lot of super Mario jumping zergers. . I am all for removing it  for a day it just for the amount of rage that my clan leader would exude. Would be priceless! 😉

Edited by bananacat89

32 minutes ago, Plushy said:

This is as crazy as asking for Excal Prime to be buyable again or asking for melee to be removed completely. I just don't understand people sometimes.

Not really. Difference is that there was a time bullet jumping wasn't a thing. Excalibur Prime has never been obtainable outside of its promotion and melee has always been a part of the game. Yes I am arguing semantics but it is true that they don't compare.

lol riiiiight, bullet jumping is so OP! It's not the gear or the mods at all! Start a sortie solo and run in with an unranked mk1-paris and bullet jump around! Victory! #RecipeForSuccess

Sarcasm aside, why would you want to deprive space ninja of their mobility?! It's not the bullet jump that's choosing to avoid a difficult confrontation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sebidel said:

if i do get offended it means i'm a child and should grow up more

Being offended does not make you a child. Saying something like this implies you are trying too hard to act mature rather than be it. Everyone has the right to be offended. What is offensive is subjective based on someone's background / culture. It is how you react to it that makes you a childish or not.

That said anyone attacking you over your opinion is also a childish move but... welcome to the internet.

2 hours ago, sebidel said:

I think I can speak for everyone when I say that the game is too easy.

You can't and don't

2 hours ago, sebidel said:

So what do you guys think? I think there is far, far ,far too much mobility and freedom in a game where most of the missions are in closed areas.

I totally disagree. I think you're playing the wrong game.

Aw hell no!

Bullet jumping was what made me take up Warframe to begin with, that's how much I freakin love the acrobatic mobility.

In fact if there was a NW challenge to complete 3 missions without it I might just post my own dumb thread suggesting it's removal.

Nope, you still get stuck on a lot of badly optimized collisions and door frames and now I suspect DE won't fix that because that's the only way they can stop people from having a seamless movement experience, there is a reason we still have friendship doors, lasers and magnetic doors.

Parkour 2.0 is just about the only system in the game that doesn't have something critically wrong about it, so that's gonna be a no.

10 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

Nope, you still get stuck on a lot of badly optimized collisions and door frames and now I suspect DE won't fix that because that's the only way they can stop people from having a seamless movement experience, there is a reason we still have friendship doors, lasers and magnetic doors.

Except that they've been spot-fixing places like that as people point them out to them. Screencap problem spots and make a feedback post.

The doorframes, fences, ledges, &c. are remnants of pre-Parkour 2.0 when you actually needed places to grab and stand on(to) because you had limited stamina and couldn't (accurately) fly across the tile.

Bullet Jumps are fun.  Aim Glides are a little weird but also fun.

Wall Running was often very fussy and frequently not fun.  Doing Wall Run interrupts to extend Wall Run range wasn't fun.  Stamina bar wasnt fun.

We're in a good place, but it'd be cool to have Wall Running return.  Maybe as rail shooter segments?

• Like 1