Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback on the metal changes in the latest update

Midas

Maybe this is just happening to the old metals? Checking Gauss in the Orbiter, his metals look top tier. I'm quite confused:

HzmbegL.jpg

You can compare this to Steve's preview a month-ish ago on the upcoming Empyrean new rendering system:

Here's the preview he showed on our current system as well:

And this is an older video with Mag and Opticor:

There's also HUGE compression blocks on the Opticor, here's a screenshot I just took:

ywbN48q.jpg

You can see some big chunky pixels.

It's possible Prime gold needs a full pass, but some materials look great, and Excalibur's looking smooth. However without seeing the full upcoming system it's hard to give proper feedback, as there's a difference between the Empyrean and current system, even with the new metals.

Reminds me of the Console "remaster" a year ago that has left all of our icons looking like 1998 pixelated S#&$.  Some icons, like Sigma and Octantis, are so messed up - the weapon has 2 "spikes" at the top of the shield, on console only one spike is drawn in the icon, while the other is cut off because it looks like somebody took all the icons on PS4 and just used photoshop to keep randomly adjusting the size, then ignored all the artifacts it created in the images along the way.  

Good to see more quality remasters on the way. 

Edited by (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z

There have been many posts about this already. I seriously doubt DE will fix anything.

Everything looks like garbage. Do they not test their stuff before implementing?

More below...

Post image

Before update:

Spoiler

9Hgws5G.png

After hotfix 25.7.1:

Spoiler

IxgcT25.png

Before update:

Spoiler

RoEZF51.png

After hotfix 25.7.1:

Spoiler

rn0p0x0.png

Edited by Morgoth
  • Like 1

+1

While i think that it is helpfull in some situations, most of the time the amount of decorations in a room easily exceeds 300 and can go up to over 1000. With that many decorations it becomes impossible to distinguish them.

I tried to build to build a somewhat "natural" looking cave in a large garden and gave up after a few tries. It just becomes impossible to see where the decorations are actually located.

Here, I'll make metal "ImPrOvEmEnT" feedback simple. They turned it all into a frankly unwanted lovechild between butter and plastic; and it's the latest in a long line of unwanted changes and glitched messes that have been rushed out throughout 2019.

Before Saint of Altra:

VfXi3lI.jpg

Pretty, genuinely shiny, and what metal should be.

After Saint of Altra:

cfl0iQY.jpg?1

A matte, platic-like, cheesy, buttery, flat-colored let-down. If this is an "improvement", it's an "improvement" in the same fashion as the changes to melee combat so far: by being a half-as-good and one-third-as-fun mess that hurts the heart to look at.

FIX THIS. For God's sake, people. Please patch the blasted metal back, at least. Please, just revert at least one bad change this year.

Edited by Maxim_M_Payne
  • Like 5

If any doubt lingers this was a bad change, have a lovely look at the "metal"[citation needed] of my Prisma Liset:

inInJjY.jpg

Does that look like an upgrade to you? Does that look in any way like an object of prestige? This looks like chunky, stale butter; not the genuinely stylish chrome-gold hybrid of my ship before.

Edited by Maxim_M_Payne
  • Like 3

It's so horrible, it's more of a step back than forward.

Here was my perfectly fine looking frame before the update, taken a week ago.

8un5Z9c.jpg

This is just a butchered job. I tried to salvage it a bit, even the syndiana was broke, when I logged in it had red instead of that nice yellow. it's just embarrassing honestly.

n4RVofY.png

• Like 1

Dear DE, We didn't just invest money into Tennogen Skins and Primes to have you make our fashion frames look like overexposed tacky McDonald's Toys.
My orbiter (Prisma Scimitar) looks like complete garbage in the loading screen and you removed the energy flow from it entirely, you have ruined that skin for me and i am upset.
The inside of my orbiter (all black with blue energy) Looks light grey and appears as if i'm running my monitor at the lowest gamma setting. As if you just handed some sloppy intern the keys to the kingdom. This is unacceptable. People paid real money for items and cosmetics that you just allowed an intern with a preference for low gamma and flea market gold chains turn into what i subjectively consider to be tacky and cheesy graphics design. Please, if you are going to utterly destroy all the cosmetics i have paid real money for, give me a TOGGLE switch similar to "Toggle Prime Details" I get that some people may like this change, and it actually looks okay on some of my frames that are primarily white with blue accents, but on any darker side of the spectrum these changes are hot garbage. I dumped like $100 into Tennogen for you to make everything i own look cheesy and tacky in a single update and i am BEGGING for a toggle switch for at the very least Warframes. If you want to make your tilesets looks cheesy that's out of my control, but you shouldn't be able to just wave a magic wand and turn your customers PAID Fashion Frames and Color Sets into cheesy tacky plastic-looking figurines more suited to be found in a kids meal toy. You should give your loyal fans who PAID FOR THESE ITEMS a legitimate option to revert back to the old system. This is just so disappointing.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Maxim_M_Payne said:

If any doubt lingers this was a bad change, have a lovely look at the "metal"[citation needed] of my Prisma Liset:

inInJjY.jpg

Does that look like an upgrade to you? Does that look in any way like an object of prestige? This looks like chunky, stale butter; not the genuinely stylish chrome-gold hybrid of my ship before.

33b18b4osqg11.jpg

The "Burger King Kids Meal" Color Pack now comes with the bonus Color Palette "Pokemon Faux Gold"