Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Conclave Players who have Maxed Rank or active in Conclave I have a question?

Atomic_Noodles

I’ve spent a decent amount of time in Conclave. Typhoon rank, but 6,099 kills to my 7,727 deaths so I’m not exactly the most skilled of players. As for your questions: 

1. Sure why not? Current gains are horrible for players who cannot get kills or easily complete their Conclave missions. I’d like to see boosts to both the amount of situations that offer standing (e.g. barely escaping from dying, landing an aerial melee attack, ect) and the amount of standing gained. Boosted gains hurt no one, as players who enjoy the mode won’t be affected, and players who don’t can get their shinies easier.
  2. I have no issues with being able to turn Universal Medallions in for Conclave standing. However I believe the fairest method to implement this would be to ensure that actually playing Conclave will result in higher standing gains then farming Universal Medallions.
Edited by ExcaliburUmbra
  • Like 3

Yes it should. But they should revisit the mode entirely. Instead of leaving it there.... make it fun and playable for people to play it!  Balance the game mode.

No- sounds harsh but if I grinded through that heck you should to especially since most people are doing this for cosmetics no game changing items. Yes just play the PvP mode 

1) Do not care to be honest, it's a terrible mode, whatever happens to it, i couldn't care less.
2) Yes, it is fair, using UniMeds would of been a very slow process, totally fair, but the WF community is pretty dumb when it comes to this, sadly, since some of them suffered through maxing the conclave ranks, they think everyone else should suffer as well, which is so stupid, i have no words for those people.

• Like 4

Just now, Nakrast said:

1) Do not care to be honest, it's a terrible mode, whatever happens to it, i couldn't care less.
2) Yes, it is fair, using UniMeds would of been a very slow process, totally fair, but the WF community is pretty dumb when it comes to this, sadly, since some of them suffered through maxing the conclave ranks, they think everyone else should suffer as well, which is so stupid, i have no words for those people.

Or they could rework conclave to make it more enjoyable for everyone.....

Just make it like dog days or quick steel event, limit the equipment. 

Also please make a new game mode, CTF is basically a dead town, Lunaro is good, if its not for latency... 

I got an idea to make a game mode called the RACE, so basically up to 8 players compete in an obstacle course like a race, but they can also shoot/bash each other as well to slow down their oppositions. Winner is the 1st who got 5 laps. No abilities, only passives. 

1) i think conclave would be better if part of it would get a pve mode(or a 100% rework), it doesn't matter how many fixes and changes it gets, pvp in warframe doesn't work, especially with the parkour 2.0, aim at players that keeps bulletjumping everywhere isn't fun at all, it's just frustrating, and it's not a fact only about your "aim", a player can bulletjump in Every direction, it's an hell to predict his movements.

if de would entroduce a new mode for conclave that instead of players, we get to fight against an AI which can be defined as such, then maybe, a little part of the overall playerbase, would get an eye on it.
"but conclave it's only pvp, it shouldn't get a pve mode", ok, then, let it die....when was the last time, De made some changes or updates to conclave?

2) medallions are rare, and most of them give very few standing (1000 min, 5000 max), so, they are fine.

Just now, TheKurtiStryke said:

1) i think conclave would be better if part of it would get a pve mode(or a 100% rework), it doesn't matter how many fixes and changes it gets, pvp in warframe doesn't work, especially with the parkour 2.0, aim at players that keeps bulletjumping everywhere isn't fun at all, it's just frustrating, and it's not a fact only about your "aim", a player can bulletjump in Every direction, it's an hell to predict his movements.

if de would entroduce a new mode for conclave that instead of players, we get to fight against an AI which can be defined as such, then maybe, a little part of the overall playerbase, would get an eye on it.
"but conclave it's only pvp, it shouldn't get a pve mode", ok, then, let it die....when was the last time, De made some changes or updates to conclave?

2) medallions are rare, and most of them give very few standing (1000 min, 5000 max), so, they are fine.

I’d say restrict movement in PvP so it’s less of. A hassle and you can actually engage with players. I’m against the idea of PvE in the game mode entirely 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

I’d say restrict movement in PvP so it’s less of. A hassle and you can actually engage with players. I’m against the idea of PvE in the game mode entirely 

restricking movements in pvp would and is a good idea, they should put the old parkour into conclave, but this alone isn't enought to save this mode, tha's why i proposed the pve in conclave.

like i said, conclave is dead, hek, even lunaro, that despite beeing the less frustrating and more enjoyable mode in conclave(for a lot of players, same  for me), it's...dead, i tryed to play it, i waited 5-10 minutes but i couldn't find a single player.

1) I had this idea a while back

Basecally, dont make the DM and TDM be by kills. Make it instead by points and have Specters running around that give points but give less than normal players. Those Specters give XP (and Conclave STanding as a result), because I've been in matches tha I had 0 kills while the other dudes were just taking my ass to town, host killing me in 3 hits and I needing to empty 2 Braton clips on him. It wasnt a fun loss.

2) When I saw it gave 1k only and how freaking rare that thing dropped in Disruption, I though that it wasnt going to make much of a difference at all. I wouldnt mind, because that thing would be a freaking grind of epic proportions to max Conclave.

Edited by Kaotyke
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheKurtiStryke said:

restricking movements in pvp would and is a good idea, they should put the old parkour into conclave, but this alone isn't enought to save this mode, tha's why i proposed the pve in conclave.

like i said, conclave is dead, hek, even lunaro, that despite beeing the less frustrating and more enjoyable mode in conclave(for a lot of players, same  for me), it's...dead, i tryed to play it, i waited 5-10 minutes but i couldn't find a single player.

I agree more then movement would be needed to save conclave. There needs to be a revisit of both of the modes. But it’s against the spirt of PvP to do add PvE to the mode. I’m always open to suggestions and would love to help refine yours or work in collaboration though!

Maxed rank in conclave, so here's my thoughts:

1. They need to slow the gameplay in conclave but the player base seems to say this goes against the "core" of warframe. How? Make it a gears of war corpus v grineer game mode, duh!

2. A little butthurt but oh well, kinda surprised it didn't come sooner tbh.

1. I think standing is fine since it's more based on completing the match than winning. Challenges are a bit of a pain and could be reworked but that's it.

2. I don't think the universal medallions should work. There should not be a pve route to conclave rewards. People always say there is no alternative like there should be. Eidolons are the only way to get arcanes and that's fine.

Maxed rank in conclave I haven't played in a bit though since honestly Warframe has kinda just been dead as of late.

On topic everyone acts like combat conclave is the only conclave lunaro exist and can be learned.

Edited by S.Dust
  • Like 1

1. Getting standing in conclave became alot easier when DE introduced the daily and weekly conclave standings. I think tweaking the existing numbers for those challenges could help a bit. Both for the standing earned and for the numbers required to complete certain challenges. A problem some people have with standing in conclave is the competitive nature of the game mode itself with the winners earning more standing. Mabye adding basic standing gain just for participating in matches could help?

2. I dont think universal medallions should work for conclave. PVE is PVE and PVP is PVP. Why even have conclave in the first place if we introduce other means of gaining standing other than PVP related ggameplay. Its not to say that conclave doesnt have its issues but letting universal medallions give conclave standing is just taking the low hurdle. Both for players not wanting to play conclave and for DE slapping a band-aid fix for the game mode instead of fixing some of the more glaring issues.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TheKurtiStryke said:

1. Actually that's what makes conclave something special with how unpredictable the players are and the pace, and now you know how the grineer and corpus feel when fighting one tenno

We have that called rathuum, and how it's called PvP when you're fighting AI? And the last update on PvP is not even 2 months old yet

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vit0Corleone said:

Turn Conclave into competitive PvE and there you go, fixed.

Have teams/clans compete on PvE goals and get standing based on performance etc.

I haven't played Destiny, but doesn't that game do something similar to that?

At that point make a new mode and leave conclave alone. It's pvp if people can't or won't play it that's on them.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Yodunheim said:

Maxed rank in conclave, so here's my thoughts:

1. They need to slow the gameplay in conclave but the player base seems to say this goes against the "core" of warframe. How? Make it a gears of war corpus v grineer game mode, duh!

Yes, this is against the core, its actually what makes pvp in warframe unique, the speed, people dashing and flying here and there, trading shots and hits, its a very ninja thing to do in battle. High speed battle. 

1. Probably. Current standing gain is tied heavily to kills/oro and low deaths. Deaths should just be removed from the equation entirely (or severely downplayed) and the first X oro/kills are worth more. Something so a new player getting 3 kills and 13 deaths still gets a nice amount of standing instead of almost nothing because they died a lot.

2. I would prefer it did not. Gaining PvP standing for PvE is silly, and even sillier because the only matchmaking Conclave has is Recruit Conditioning which turns off at rank 3.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Dusteon said:

1. Probably. Current standing gain is tied heavily to kills/oro and low deaths. Deaths should just be removed from the equation entirely (or severely downplayed) and the first X oro/kills are worth more. Something so a new player getting 3 kills and 13 deaths still gets a nice amount of standing instead of almost nothing because they died a lot.

2. I would prefer it did not. Gaining PvP standing for PvE is silly, and even sillier because the only matchmaking Conclave has is Recruit Conditioning which turns off at rank 3.

Deaths do not affect conclave standing. Performance does.

• Like 1

On 2019-09-06 at 1:24 AM, Atomic_Noodles said:

1. Do you think Conclave should be reworked to give standing better?

On one hand i wouldn't mind some sort of boost to standing gains, on the other, the affinity system doesn't make sense for PvP imo.

With that out of the way, i think that any improvement in this regard should come along some other stuff that has been requested for ages like a match finder/server browser to move away from the current unreliable RNG matchmaking.

On 2019-09-06 at 1:24 AM, Atomic_Noodles said:

2. Do you feel its fair/fine if the UniMeds worked on Conclave?

Normally wouldn't mind, but seeing the overall toxicity from other parts of the community that ranges from players constantly spreading misinformation, encouraging boosting (this includes partners), calling for the removal of the mode or actively trying to discourage DE from working on it makes me think about that position again.

Quick fact edit:

Zylok's name in the game files is "ConclaveLeverPistol", but since the community has always been Ok with conclave rewards being just cosmetics and totally against pvp giving any sort of useful reward (resources, weapons, let alone a warframe) it ended up as an event reward that's now part of Baro's inventory.

Edited by Stormdragon
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Atomic_Noodles said:

1. Do you think Conclave should be reworked to give standing better?

2. Do you feel its fair/fine if the UniMeds worked on Conclave?

1. Yes. The largely skill-based system isn't necessary when standing level doesn't really affect matchmaking (beyond Recruit Conditioning, if you want to call that matchmaking), and giving lower-skilled players a paltry 200 standing for getting their butts beat by a vet for five minutes isn't a good way to encourage those players to stick around. It's a literal insult to injury, really.

2. It would be fitting if there were, for example, Conclave medallions in a PvPvE "Stalker-mode"-like Disruption node, where players could activate terminals and whoever activated a terminal became a Demolyst (with points rewarded the closer they get, or if they blow it up, the % of their total health). It's not the same strict PvP as Conclave, but I think it has enough PvP elements to justify it as an alternative path. Pure PvE for PvP rewards, however, is a no-go. They just don't translate.

Also am active player, not max-ranked, but that's because I keep trying to buy everything from each tier first...

Edited by Tyreaus
  • Like 3