Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We cut them some slack guys besides we dont know anything yet

Bountyboy312

2 hours ago, (XB1)LordZonut said:

Tau System could be like Sol system but instead some weapons and abilities are weakend, like rivens or cc, tank, and damage abilities. This should make people think "Do I have the elements on my weapons necessary to kill enemies efficiently?" or "Hmm, the way I play this frame doesn't work on enemies. Maybe I should try to use cover or such to fight enemies instead of trying to go berserk on them?"

IMO this should be a good way to make the vets reaching this place use their variety of weapons and such to fight enemies. Giving enemies better AI so they can fight in formations that will make them the most effective against your frame and weapons is a good way to go too. Making certain enemies that block some abilities and attacks might work too, because then if these units go in first, you have to think about using an ability or weapon to knock them down or effectively flank them with your team or ability.

And before anyone says "This seems like it would make it veteran content only," or "Enemies would be too powerful at higher levels," I am assuming the Tau System to have the hardest and toughest enemies in the game, and it is only accessible after you do an actual test, which would have a lot of requirements most vets think would be easy, like getting to ESO wave 5 or something. Enemies being full on swat teams in higher levels will be something some vets will be looking forward to.

I would love that to happen. Unfortunately the reality is that we're gonna YOLO through it with a MK 1 Braton after everything gets nerfed in the first few days because a bunch of players who started playing Warframe a week ago can't play the content yet and demand to be able to press 4 to win the game and unlock everything in their first week of playing. So they took to crying on the forums while DE fetches them cookies and a warm bottle of milk. Doubtless we'll also need some new mechanic for the boss, otherwise he's invincible and this will also be locked behind a high grind wall for about 1 week before the overwhelming complaints in the forum cause DE to once again bend over backwards ie Repeller systems, resource drops from exploiter orb/thumpers, arbitrations no revives etc.

Edited by Zilchy

8 minutes ago, (NSW)Katsuro said:

300+ employees working at DE takes forever to release content

50 employees working on Greedyfall consistent content drops and deep systems

hmmmm

Mate they're strapped for cash, they have the most elaborate studio setup for devstreams that I've seen from any company. Plus they worked hard on a pointless Shawzin for us, now they're concentrating on a drum kit most likely.. you know, stuff we really need. /s

Edited by Zilchy
  • Like 1

guys can we please leave de alone. 

They are an indie company and they work hard. The content is going to come when it comes. And it’s going to be great! We just have to be patient. Rome wasn’t built in a day! Cut them some slack. DE won’t work well rushed and with everyone begging for content. I love DE and everyone in the forums but gosh we gotta stop being so hard on DE.

Lol Kek

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, (NSW)Katsuro said:

300+ employees working at DE takes forever to release content

50 employees working on Greedyfall consistent content drops and deep systems

hmmmm

i remember the good old days when DE used to release a good amount of content/fixes...

3 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

I mean you're just inviting another meme thread like the other guy.

Honestly at this point the threads are a meme within itself - provide constructive feedback like requested \”dismissed ignored taunted belittled”

you dont “provide constructive feedback then maybe people will listen”

Don’t include one group of the community “stop ignoring us”

its a be darned if you do darned if you don’t forum at this point. All jokes aside though I do believe people shouldn’t be as hard on DE but they shouldn’t be as leisurely about how DEs progressing. I’m at the point where I’ve come to see warframe as that friend that almost always disappoints but you stick with them because you know they will be great hopefully

11 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

ts a be darned if you do darned if you don’t forum at this point. All jokes aside though I do believe people shouldn’t be as hard on DE but they shouldn’t be as leisurely about how DEs progressing. I’m at the point where I’ve come to see warframe as that friend that almost always disappoints but you stick with them because you know they will be great hopefully

I used to give them patience mate and the game used to be great. But as time has gone on (along with new ownership) it's become very clear what directionthey want for their game and that is for the emphasis to be on open worlds and the like to attract new players and then sell them a plethora of cosmetics to make money. That's just the way it is and I no longer have faith that the game will ever resemble any sort of challenge or provide lasting gameplay design ever again. I just keep up to date now and enjoy other games that are getting it right while waiting and hoping the next DE update isn't complete garbage.

How is this an indie company?  Unless indie company is literally anything that isn't a triple A game studio.  Indie games do not look as good as warframe does graphically.  

They are just people working on a game like many other people working on other games.  People just have unrealistic expectations of how fast they can pump out meaningful content.  It's a long, drawn out process filled with creating code and assets, debugging said code, debugging it again, thinking it's alright, they test it out, find out it's not alright, then do more debugging.  Seriously, a game of this size is going to have tons of bugs and when you attempt to fix one 20 more pop up.  It's not a sprint, it's a marathon the process they go through when they drop such large updates a few times a year.  

3 minutes ago, (XB1)COA Altair said:

How is this an indie company?  Unless indie company is literally anything that isn't a triple A game studio. 

Largely? Yes.

If you don't have a publisher, you're independent. The term is generally used to refer to much smaller teams making much smaller games, but it's still short for independent.

DE made this game independently, with the only financial backing coming from players.

2 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Largely? Yes.

If you don't have a publisher, you're independent. The term is generally used to refer to much smaller teams making much smaller games, but it's still short for independent.

DE made this game independently, with the only financial backing coming from players.

At this stage however that's akin to telling someone your 3 year old cat that's now 10kg is "still just a kitten" as it attempts to gnaw your leg off in the hopes that you'll feed it 😄

Edited by Zilchy

3 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

At this stage however that's akin to telling someone your 3 year old cat that's now 10kg is "still just a kitten" as it attempts to gnaw your leg off in the hopes that you'll feed it 😄

People tell me that about dogs all the time.

"It's just a puppy."

"Yes, but it looks like it wants to, and could quite happily manage to, eat me. It's a hellhound"

1 minute ago, S.Dust said:

They don't even make the majority of the cosmetics in game.

Shawzin, deluxe skins, weapon skins, operator cosmetics, floofs, nope none at all. Tennogen is a whole different ball game though I admit. Even if it's someone else designing it, they're still selling it for plat andessting resources designing tiresome stuff like the shawzin.

Edited by Zilchy

18 minutes ago, (XB1)COA Altair said:

How is this an indie company?  Unless indie company is literally anything that isn't a triple A game studio.  Indie games do not look as good as warframe does graphically.  

They are just people working on a game like many other people working on other games.  People just have unrealistic expectations of how fast they can pump out meaningful content.  It's a long, drawn out process filled with creating code and assets, debugging said code, debugging it again, thinking it's alright, they test it out, find out it's not alright, then do more debugging.  Seriously, a game of this size is going to have tons of bugs and when you attempt to fix one 20 more pop up.  It's not a sprint, it's a marathon the process they go through when they drop such large updates a few times a year.  

i always thought an "indie" company was a team of people not owned by a larger company, sort of going it alone kinda situation, and warframe is certainly not alone, they are owned so i guess most certainly would not qualify as indie.