Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We cut them some slack guys besides we dont know anything yet

Bountyboy312

I would like to know though, what do you consider as "fast enough" and I don't think making this kind of thread will speed up the release when people complain left and right about bugs.

There's no reason game modes taking forever to be updated? Here's a question, what kind of update that you and the community accept as update? And what kind of state that you see arbitration as good?

Lackluster? What kind of content do you see as "not lackluster"?

And, PoE and Fortuna do get updates over time, unless you don't see the 2 eidolons, profit-taker, exploiter, thumper, and recurring events like thermia or ghouls as updates

Also, I'm quite sure they put the release at fall 2019, which is September 23 at the fastest and December 22 at the slowest so why not playing the existing content?

3 minutes ago, 844448 said:

I would like to know though, what do you consider as "fast enough" and I don't think making this kind of thread will speed up the release when people complain left and right about bugs.

There's no reason game modes taking forever to be updated? Here's a question, what kind of update that you and the community accept as update? And what kind of state that you see arbitration as good?

Lackluster? What kind of content do you see as "not lackluster"?

And, PoE and Fortuna do get updates over time, unless you don't see the 2 eidolons, profit-taker, exploiter, thumper, and recurring events like thermia or ghouls as updates

Also, I'm quite sure they put the release at fall 2019, which is September 23 at the fastest and December 22 at the slowest so why not playing the existing content?

There is no current existing content to play when its been burned through and has no reason to play once you've gotten the rewards 

10 minutes ago, DrakeWurrum said:

... Grinding Gear Games is 170 people, and puts out massive content on a 13 week schedule. ...

I have to disagree with you here mate. Don't get me wrong but they put new league out not massive content. Tell me what is so massive about Blight for instance. It is awesome we have new league every 3 months but it is hardly massive.

Arguably GGGs scheme is better, each 3 months wipe of stuff. If you would play in standard you would understand how stale it is even with new content every 3 months.

Edited by svegurok

Just now, (PS4)ChaosTheNerd said:

There is no current existing content to play when its been burned through and has no reason to play once you've gotten the rewards 

Like every game ever. There is no game in existence that can put out content faster than players can complete it. That's impossible.

On a normal AAA development cycle, 2-3 years = 40-50 hours of content, usually. Warframe far exceeds that, and its content is only has "no replayability" because nobody actually wants to play Warframe, they just want the shinies behind it. Tell me, how much time did you spend on the Gas City rework? How much time did you spend on the new disruptions? How long did you spend on the PoE rework, or messing with Gauss, or any of the myriad things that have been added over the past few months? The forums scream "Content Drought" but the playtime tells a different story.

2 minutes ago, svegurok said:

I have to disagree with you here mate. Don't get me wrong but they put new league out not massive content. Tell me what is so massive about Blight for instance. It is awesome we have new league every 3 months but it is hardly massive.

Fair point. It's still more content released more regularly than Warframe manages.

While obviously different people at a studio work on different pieces of a game, one could expect DE to keep up with GGG on some level, depending on their own personal preference. But they simply focus completely on doing what they feel like doing.

And while I complain, I would like to say that DE has been doing much better at trying to release new content over this past year. I even notice them putting active effort into making Arbitrations work. I wish that same work would go into updating all the other game modes - Defense, Survival, Exterminate, Excavation, Defection... even Lunaro. They all could stand to be updated.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

Just now, (PS4)ChaosTheNerd said:

Then it's more to you're not wanting to play because "you've gotten the rewards" instead of no content, which is a you problem here

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 844448 said:

Then it's more to you're not wanting to play because "you've gotten the rewards" instead of no content, which is a you problem here

It's more of how the content is designed, realistically. Warframe is casual grind farm. The point of a grind farm is to acquire what you're grinding for.

Steve has talked a little about the difference between intrinsic and extrinsic rewards recently, and it seems they're only just now waking up to the realization that "S#&$, we designed a game that's completely about acquiring all the things, rather than being a fun experience on its own"

Edited by DrakeWurrum
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Iamabearlulz said:

On a normal AAA development cycle, 2-3 years = 40-50 hours of content, usually. Warframe far exceeds that, and its content is only has "no replayability" because nobody actually wants to play Warframe, they just want the shinies behind it. Tell me, how much time did you spend on the Gas City rework? How much time did you spend on the new disruptions? How long did you spend on the PoE rework, or messing with Gauss, or any of the myriad things that have been added over the past few months? The forums scream "Content Drought" but the playtime tells a different story.

1.im on console so i cant touch gauss rip

2. If there are no good rewards, challenging content ir well anything interesting aside from looking cool, is it really shocking that most players stop playing it?

1 minute ago, DrakeWurrum said:

It's more of how the content is designed, realistically. Warframe is casual grind farm. The point of a grind farm is to acquire what you're grinding for.

Steve has talked a little about the difference between intrinsic and extrinsic rewards recently, and it seems they're only just now waking up to the realization that "S#&$, we designed a game that's completely about acquiring all the things, rather than being a fun experience on its own"

When you compared DE with GGG model of content, do GGG make you grind again before being able to play the whole content?

1 minute ago, Gabbynaru said:

Doesn't matter, you get the rewards, you stop playing. In fact, if there's no RNG attached, you get the rewards and stop playing even faster than you do now.

Fair point there

2 minutes ago, NocheLuz said:

I never said I jump in that... Maybe you jumping in and saw the illusion of me in there?

Mate, your still in this thread and commenting.  

Honestly I enjoy having a bit of content drought. I can enjoy other games like Path of Exile, Remnant From The Ashes, Borderlands, ...

When another content comes into Warframe I'll jump right back in and get it play vigorously for another week and then have a downtime again. That is awesome imo.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Once you get the rewards in wf there is no replay ability to want to go back and play 

Is there really no replay ability, or people refusing to play because reasons? I'm still coming to earth and play many times when there's nothing