Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We cut them some slack guys besides we dont know anything yet

Bountyboy312

1 minute ago, (PS4)ChaosTheNerd said:

Well its really not, nothing in my posted stated that i think the game is dying now or some thing

54 minutes ago, (PS4)ChaosTheNerd said:

Sorry but i dont need to work at de to see what ia obviously wrong but hey please continue white kniting De until theyre grinded into thw dirt. Ive pretty much given up on emperyan because its juat gonna be the same as Fortuna and poe, big content that will be played for like a month and then wont be updated again until 2023 and ots just gonna be the same never ending cycle of meaningless content and when more and more people are fed up with this crap, there will always be people defending the terrible road de has been driving warframe into.

*Innocent whistling*

1 hour ago, (PS4)ChaosTheNerd said:

Meh, i already know this post will piss off a few fragile snowflakes but whatever.

Try again, mah dude. No, let me give it a try.

You'll say you didn't specifically call them retards/toxic.

Anyways don't worry. Unlike you I'm in no need to vent so I won't pester further. Just gave my 2 cents and that's enough for me.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93

Depends on what you're talking about.

Update quality? More people won't necessarily help. It's all down to the skill and experience of the people making the game. I wouldn't be too wildly surprised if the core system updates are made by much the same people they were before - hell, we know Steve was the one who made the Railjack code itself. There's this little gem to illustrate:

Simply put, introducing new employees to Warframe's 6-year old and most likely Jerry-rigged code is most likely a nightmare, so it's likely the additional people work on the content that isn't the core gameplay elements - asset creation or texturing or whatnot. More people doesn't necessarily mean better stuff.

Rate of updates? More people might help, but diminishing returns probably applies since it would take a lot longer to train up someone for the job of the deeper-level stuff.

Fixing old stuff? Not a team size issue whatsoever. It's a property of the fact we live in a content-drive games economy. More stuff takes financial precedence. They've spent time going back and starting to fix old stuff in 2018 and it backfired immediately. Warframe's player count was stagnant for the first few months of 2018 when they were doing this, which given the business model means income was likely dropping. Their ability to do it is nothing to do with team size.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, (PS4)ChaosTheNerd said:

Huh? Who said imma wait here and howl the end is nigh? Ha! Youd have to pay me to even do that, let alone care to do.

Umm...How bout you?

31 minutes ago, (PS4)ChaosTheNerd said:

... i wanna see their reaction when it all comes tumbling down

Just sayin'

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Corvid said:

The average dev team is also not making a game as vast as this. DE is small for what they're working on.

So, tell the team working on ESO,Tera,Spacelords,Dauntless,Ark(I can keep going) they can get the slack cut on them. there are plenty vast and expansive games out there like warframe stop giving de the small indie dev excuse. They aren’t small anymore. It’s okay but they need to manage things properly for the amount of employees they have. Also Steve has said himself they need to fix this so why are people still trying to cut them some slack

6 minutes ago, (PS4)ChaosTheNerd said:

Outward,DMC,gridfall, in aware most of these arent within the genre but that doesnt change much

Don't want to whiteknight in the slightest but for instance Greedfall was in developement for at least 2.5 years maybe more and that game is repetitive as all hell. Also please enlighten me how often does for instance World of Warcraft make updates or Destiny 2 or other live service games.

I am unhappy with the recent content draught but from my own experience it takes a lot of time to remake something. I've been working on a small change in one part of our software for gathering data from SMART meters and it took me about 200 hours and it was just a small rework. Imagine how difficult and timeconsuming is changing and optimizing game-engine.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, (PS4)ChaosTheNerd said:

Congratulations on adding literally nothing to the thread you deserve a medal!

Your thread adds nothing to this forum, so I don't know what you expected. I can't give value to something that has no value.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, svegurok said:

Don't want to whiteknight in the slightest but for instance Greedfall was in developement for at least 2.5 years maybe more and that game is repetitive as all hell. Also please enlighten me how often does for instance World of Warcraft make updates or Destiny 2 or other live service games.

I am unhappy with the recent content draught but from my own experience it takes a lot of time to remake something. I've been working on a small change in one part of our software for gathering data from SMART meters and it took me about 200 hours and it was just a small rework. Imagine how difficult and timeconsuming is changing and optimizing game-engine.

Was it by yourself or let’s say did you have a team of at least 15-20 people helping you?

5 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Was it by yourself or let’s say did you have a team of at least 15-20 people helping you?

It took me 200 hours not counting in architect, analytic, db developer and testers. Which is probably another 80+ hours. And it is small thing, added few tables, reworked couple of algorithms and added few web pages to let customer manage it. Also it is in running project (3+ years).

Edited by svegurok

It depends on what all of those people do. I mean, 70% of them could be foreign support and moderators.

But the truth is that more employees does not make Warframe develop faster. Why? Because it's obvious DE is kinda just making things up as they go along. I could just imagine the communication nightmare if there were actually 200 people working on Warframe. Now if DE actually knew what the end product of Warframe should be, then it would be easier to coordinate a massive work force. But I assume things are probably very inefficient behind the scenes. Just look at the logistical nightmare that was Anthem if you need proof that more people does not mean a faster game. Better communication and experience makes for faster and higher quality game developments. Nintendo is full of developers that tick those boxes.

yeah 200 people working for a company is exactly the reason why you dont get content every other day

for exmple, other studios have about 5000+ people, EA has around 10.000

making new content for a game which is several years is old, people who worked on the old code might not be around anymore, and if you knew anything about coding you would know that working on someone elses code is a nightmare, and a single typo could potentially ruin the entire game

20 minutes ago, (PS4)ChaosTheNerd said:

Huh? Who said imma wait here and howl the end is nigh? Ha! Youd have to pay me to even do that, let alone care to do.

44 minutes ago, (PS4)ChaosTheNerd said:

Ive ignored such bs like that because the more they tell everyone to play another game, the more and more people will leave warframe and more and more untill there wind be enough people in the game, people think this game is invincible but man i wanna see their reaction when it all comes tumbling down

are you a hypocrite? 

15 minutes ago, (PS4)ChaosTheNerd said:

Stop putting words in my mouth

Yes we did like a year and we want something in return,so I think we whose ok for waiting for this long and its ok for us to bee this way,and its a good thing for DE that we are like this,because its inspiration for them that we want something more....

1 minute ago, vid23 said:

yeah 200 people working for a company is exactly the reason why you dont get content every other day

for exmple, other studios have about 5000+ people, EA has around 10.000

making new content for a game which is several years is old, people who worked on the old code might not be around anymore, and if you knew anything about coding you would know that working on someone elses code is a nightmare, and a single typo could potentially ruin the entire game

are you a hypocrite? 

Once again, this does not mean im howling or screeching the end is near, i said that i wanna see their reaction, aka imma sit aside and just watch

In my opinion, de seem to have too much of a scattergun approach to updates.  Don't get me wrong, I love the game and am hugely impressed by what they manage to produce, however, some content does make you wonder what were they thinking.

For example, floofs.  Who the hell thought the rewards we were looking for were teddy bears?   Even if you're one of those people who like to collect them, was there a single player who thought "you know what, this game needs cuddly toys as rewards".   And if they hadn't been introduced would a single person ask for them? 

Same goes for the Shawzin.  By Steve's own admission that took an incredible amount of work to get right.  What were they smoking in the dev meeting when they came up with the idea of adding guitar hero?  And why did they continue with this when they'd sobered up? 

A summer event that has us shooting water pistols to get, you guessed it, floofs. 

So much emphasis on adding more graphical updates when I never see anyone complaining the quality is poor.  I do see people saying all the new particle effects actually make it harder to see what you're doing.  The solution is then given to turn down your graphics settings, thereby making the update pointless.   POE looks shinier, sure, does it make you want to go and play there?  Nope, because the gameplay is still exactly the same.

De obviously have some very talented staff with great imagination.  They need to focus on what the players keep asking for, not gimmicks.  Things like adding content that is replayable where the rewards change giving you a reason to go back, not one and done content.  Add a new cosmetic to the ropololyst each month and we'll keep going back for example.

Fix things like waypoints and enemies spawning in walls.

Adjust drop rates so players don't get so frustrated they rage quit, make it so we earn stuff, not 1% rng drop chances.

Keep the yearly big update, but stop with the gimmicky stuff and use that dev time to do things the players keep asking for.