Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arbitrations Revisited: Hotfix 25.7.6

[DE]Danielle

Well the thing I read was:
- Make Defense worth doing for the first time!

-Nerf endo drop chance

-Nerf drop table so you have to stay longer for the loot to be good

But I'll test it

My guess will be:

20 digs of exca before : very good loot

20 digs of excai now: ok loot

20 waves of defense before: no loot

20 waves of defense now: some loot

Premade teams what farm there will still do it, just still only exvac or Disruption.

More randoms will now stay and do it because of this update. Can't say how I feel about that though.

The shawzin change for 30 notes a second doesn't seem right... I've got songs that play no more than 5 notes at once which played perfectly before the update, and yet when I play them now they're just downright missing half the notes. It feels like the change affects how many keys you press per second rather than how many notes you play.

Shawzin was good for dumb fun before, just open up the shawzin bot and slap on some meme song for a good time. Now it just sounds like crap.

On 2019-09-18 at 4:13 PM, [DE]Danielle said:

September 20th Update: Regarding our recent Arbitration reward changes: we are keeping an eye on first impressions, but do not want to rush into changes before players have gotten to actually try the mode themselves. Once we have a solid body of statistics to examine, we will perform an audit to see if further tweaks are required.

Math will not change the quality of the items bloating the Arbitration tables. Auras are pointless for solo players and even in MP they will have a few niche uses only (if used at all). Arcanes are trash or simple redundant (for worst, not better) compared with what we already have.

In the end, the math will show an "improvement" - statistics don't lie (people are getting "more"), but generalize the players. But after a while, players will have tons of auras/arcanes that they can't sell (shortly after people realise how useless they are they will not sell and only accumulate like 95% of all arcanes and auras) and have no use for it, and just an average number of endo that was the sole purpose of Arbitrations (and the old mods are great too).

And people are not mad only because the tables are fatter, but because first we expect a minimum level of quality or usability. If was at least 50/50 between good and bad stuff the community would have cheered at this update. But no... we can only see the lower endo and all the trash we will fish in this dirty pool. I had runs already with 0 endo and only the new auras and arcanes - and what i wanted when i started the Arbitration? Auras can be sold for 15 endo, this sounds endo enough in the rotations? How many of them i need to drop to get 40k endo to level one primed to the top? This sounds like a fun and engaging experience for the players?

Thanks for the bug-fixes, shame the solution here was watering down drop tables further for arbitration missions.

What's happening with Kuva and Rivens?

What's happening with Nullifiers?

We might actually get more engagement out of players if they have some control over the design and flow of missions their fellow tenno are playing. Even more so if they gain benefits depending on how effective these missions are put together:

En 18/9/2019 a las 14:13, -AxHx-Vile dijo:

2932c15bd9be68d2b134c568a7829d20.png

Oh and...

No. Let us purchase them for Vitus Essence. Don't ruin the droptables like this.

Exactly, let's us buy those new goodies from the Arbiters of Hexis Vitus shop. Most of the people I've met in arbitration are there because of the good amount of Endo (and maybe adaptation), but now... Once a player get a copy of those new arcanes/mods, will not do arbitration anymore since the amount of Endo had dropped and Sedna Arena still a better choice. 

9 hours ago, Anthraxicus said:

Yeah. With roughly 30% chance at getting the endo now, you are more likely to get nothing useful than get the more endo as DE promised. Vitus Essence should be used to buy most of the stuff that is in the loot tables, (including the ephemera, which is a one time thing only), but now it is also in the loot table to buy the worthless stuff in store. A lose-lose situation. It is hard to screw up this bad, especially with the amount of feedback provided ahead of time, both before and after the dev workshop, but DE managed to do it.

Tbh not that surprised.

At least arbies are a good Kuva farm now.

7 minutes ago, RWBY-WhiteRose said:

Tbh not that surprised.

At least arbies are a good Kuva farm now.

watch them only taking out half of the new trash in the shop, leaving the rest in rotation pool, somehow thinking that it was what players said.

players : put ALL new arcanes and auras/mods inside the shop

DE : just half of them. yes. that sounds good!

2 hours ago, PowerPieDj said:

The shawzin change for 30 notes a second doesn't seem right... I've got songs that play no more than 5 notes at once which played perfectly before the update, and yet when I play them now they're just downright missing half the notes. It feels like the change affects how many keys you press per second rather than how many notes you play.

Shawzin was good for dumb fun before, just open up the shawzin bot and slap on some meme song for a good time. Now it just sounds like crap.

I am having this problem too. I can't even play my songs that only play 4-5 notes at a moment. Definitely not 30 notes in a second... -_-

Thanks De you broke the shawzin pls hotfix it back? You have a competition going on after all.

Alright, DE. I know this post isn't going to be paraded through the company as a guiding light or whatever, but I want you to see this, so even if you likely won't, I'm writing it anyway.

I'm a very new player, all things considered. I don't normally get invested in big games like this. But Warframe is an exception. I love this game.

I love this game, and I'm not alone in loving this game. There are so many people who also love this thing that you've created.

We don't hate you. We don't yell and rant and go on about drop tables being diluted out of hate.

We love you and this game, and we want to see it grow and improve, and sometimes we're a bit more forceful about it than is necessary, and sometimes we're exactly as forceful as we need to be.

Whoever you are that's reading this, please do this for me. 

Take a deep breath. Get a drink of water. Do whatever works for you to calm down.

Slow down. Listen to some players. I don't mean looking at fanart tweets or watching people gush about how much they love the new update, though those are fine too - I mean really listen. Listen to what people are saying about the game when they're playing it. Ask lots of questions, and take note of the answers you hear over and over. Listen even to the people who are upset - in fact, listen especially to the people who are upset, because it means they feel strongly about the game. Replay some old content. Re-realize what the grind feels like. Throw away your copies of an important mod, and see how long it takes you to get it again. Ask what new players are confused about. 

And once you've done all that, wait. Wait and think about it.

Do newer players really want things to be easier, or do they actually just want it to be less grindy. Is that new Aura mod really trash in the eyes of players, or do they just not have a use for it at the moment and were expecting something more? 

Think about what your players - your fans - your community - want from the game. 

And once you know - and I mean really know - what will make the game even better...

Then you do it.

I understand. It's hard to keep pace with a game and a community like the one you have. 

But personally, there's a lot that I'm willing to endure and shrug off for the sake of a set of incredible people and creators who truly care for and understand their community.

I love Warframe, and I want it to succeed, and I want it to succeed with you folks at the helm - listening to the community, being supported by the community, and occasionally being helped back onto the right path by the community when you stumble. 

That's what I want to see, and it's going to take effort from both us and you.

So let's make it happen.

On 2019-09-19 at 9:48 AM, mikakor said:

It's not as simple as that. If it was, then I couldn't care less about revives, and I'm sure a lot wouldn't care anymore.

The problem with revive is that we are actively punished by other players who died. We get hit by revive burden, being given index-like debuff. The true problem is that you either get rid of these thing by collecting 5 and reviving this idiot who died in wave one, or you die and left. The problem is that because of the dead player, you get handicapped. And there is only one way to get rid of a burden if you accidentally grab it, it's to grab 5 and Rez him. While most players there DON'T want to revive the players who died. So the revive mechanic ( or more precisely the revive burden tokens ) are actively harming the overall experience by weakening us.

Again, if you could drop them manually, or manually chose to pick them up ( which would be the best ) it wouldn't be that much of a problem anymore, and some may even want to take the risk, now that it wouldn't be forced on us anymore.

Thanks for the clarification. I like the manual pickup idea, if only the devs actually read the feedback.

the rivens dont show in chat the glyphs dont work on walls and we suffer endless loading and sometimes we get no rewards in the end of mission ... i don't know if someone cares or not of my message but adleast i care for everyone playing this game ...i wonder how new expansions will be like ... railjack,, new war ,, the duviri paradox ... i fear the worst that warframe will shut down i had alot fun with this game and it would be sad to see it no longer exist

I don't like to dilute the reward table, because after getting an Arcane or Mod, they all become meaningless. The probability of obtaining Endo and Ayatan Sculpture in an infinite rotation C is very low at 49.5%. In addition, Arcane and Mod, which exist only in rotations A and B, have very few chances to get in an hourly arbitration and do not mesh with the arbitration specifications.I think it's simple and best to make it available on Vitus Essence, as others say.

1 hour ago, dimekikko said:

I don't like to dilute the reward table, because after getting an Arcane or Mod, they all become meaningless. The probability of obtaining Endo and Ayatan Sculpture in an infinite rotation C is very low at 49.5%. In addition, Arcane and Mod, which exist only in rotations A and B, have very few chances to get in an hourly arbitration and do not mesh with the arbitration specifications.I think it's simple and best to make it available on Vitus Essence, as others say.

this guy makes a very good point.

For my 10p I would add that there is simple too many defense maps. OK Ive only a small sample size but the changes havnt been around much, but so far in teh last 24 hours I have played 8 rounds and all but 3 have been defense. 

This might just be poor luck in the RNG but lets make sure we have an even chance of game types please

Other than that I like the changes. I'm getting probably way too many vitus and time will tell if i still want to run the game mode once I get the auras, but for now I am playing a game mode that I have had little time for until now.

On 2019-09-18 at 4:13 PM, [DE]Danielle said:

Arbitrations Revisited: Hotfix 25.7.6

• Reduced Endo Rewards drop percentage in the drop tables. Rare non-endo reward drop rates are unchanged - you’ll just get twice as many chances!

"Reduced Endo Rewards"
Yeah... sure...

o9Ha9jh.jpg

gKzvme7.jpg

18 draws:

• 2 Aura Mods
  • 3 Arcanes
  • 4 3xVitus Pack
  • 1 Seeding Step (already had, and the real thing is still nerfed in comparison to the image on the BP, sad... buff Seeding plz, it doesn't need to be Ookami level, but halfway at least)
  • 4 Orta Sculptures
  • 4 Endo Packs

Considering Sculpture = Endo, that means almost half is still Endo. The people who play Arbies need Endo. That much. Yeah, makes sense.

Ditch the revives system, if this is endgame, make it challenging and stop catering to less experienced players who can't take the challenge in a mode that you guys have stated to be a challenging mode, and punishing higher skilled "endgame" players by forcing them to pick up the revive tokens which debuff them. I talked about this on the first Arbitration Revisit: 

Archived