Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arbitrations Revisited: Hotfix 25.7.6

[DE]Danielle

hace 12 minutos, SuperSmog dijo:

Ditch the revives system, if this is endgame, make it challenging and stop catering to less experienced players who can't take the challenge in a mode that you guys have stated to be a challenging mode, and punishing higher skilled "endgame" players by forcing them to pick up the revive tokens which debuff them. I talked about this on the first Arbitration Revisit: 

Honestly I like the revival option, if I go with my friends and I can revive them, why not? even in public I have no problem reviving them.

BUT, maybe if they change the mechanic, if you have to pick manually the tokens pressing a key, so that way you are not forced to get a debuff if you don´t want to.

OR, like the whip simulator (aka Sanctuary onslaught), two modes, one with the revive option on and one with the revive option off, so all the team know what they are getting into.

Tried a arbitration defense for the first time since the rework to them......hydron all over again the 5 wave only monkey see monkey do crowd has now populated the game mode.....the game mode if anything should have stayed at 10 waves between extraction options and just gave the wave 5 reward and wave 10 is the path i think it should have taken.

another thing to think about now that all these clowns can enter is that the cooldown for them needs to change from 1 hour to 30 minutes to compensate for these people who will probably make this process more annoying.

Only thing i can think of to make this better is upon selection of the defense mode you get an option to pick the minimum extraction wave so you get paired with people who will leave with you that way all these people who want to leave at wave 5 can all leave toegther and not ruin the attempts from the people who actually want to stay in past 20 waves.

On 2019-09-18 at 9:13 PM, [DE]Danielle said:

Arbitrations Revisited: Hotfix 25.7.6

• Reduced Endo Rewards drop percentage in the drop tables. Rare non-endo reward drop rates are unchanged - you’ll just get twice as many chances!

Pre-Christmas joke.

398tlR3.jpg

the recent changes have made me and a couple friends roll alternate accounts - following rules - no connection to our mains - strictly NIAP - no buying plat.

Made me realize how much fun the early game is compared to this mode that was supposed to be aimed at end game players.

I really like to play this game, have 1600 hours or so on my main and have always looked for reasons to support DE - bought the digital tennocon pass, have bought prime acess and unvaults in the past as well.

Since my time will be dedicated to an account that specifically is designed not to spend money, I worry about DEs end game design - if I'm having more fun playing a new account rather than put up with the arbitrations (no choices of mission, no choices whether I want to revive players or not, no smart loot - I have 6 or 7 seeding steps?

(yes I've obtained nearly every item, solo researched a dojo - I'm not saying I'm typical, but I'd like to spend more money in the game - just give me a reason to play my main account. )

OK I think I have tested it now to give a small feedback.

In short: It's really not helping as you would expect.

Defense and Survival Arbi are still the most annoying and slowest arbi and you will not do it if you don't want to waste a lot of time.

The new cycle didnt make it that much better imho. The good rewards still come in very late. So if you had a good group before you could get the good C drops very soon!  Not anymore now!

So basically this update stopped very good premade teams to farm the hell out of arbis and made them slower while forcing random teams to stay longer to get good rewards. So the 5min you get C drops now earlier is not a big deal imho but it lessens good drops in every other Arbi.

Also adding Essence to the loot table is only just making it worse. No one really wants that in the Loot drop anyway.

It is a good step in the right direction, dont get me wrong, but still I feel more of a "game dev" handling progress, so some people cant take advantage of it rather than to make it better for everyone.

P.s.: It also feels like you made the bomb-mobs to have more hp and armor and are harder to kill.

21 minutes ago, dimekikko said:

I played the Arbitration Defection earlier and needed 4 squads to get reward. Is there a similar person?

Yup, same thing, 4 squads per reward. If you're solo you only get one squad at a time as well, making it even slower. I also had a kavor run from c to a, then back to c when he was told to move out with the rest of his squad. That one guy alone added like 3 more minutes to get the reward.

On 2019-09-20 at 2:44 PM, [DE]Danielle said:

Happy Friday, Tenno!

Regarding our recent Arbitration reward changes: we are keeping an eye on first impressions, but do not want to rush into changes before players have gotten to actually try the mode themselves. Once we have a solid body of statistics to examine, we will perform an audit to see if further tweaks are required.

Thank you for your feedback.

A good amount of trouble, time, resources and work would have been saved if you guys had actually looked at the extensive feedback provided by the community since you released this boring mode, and some after the recent dev workshop. So, it baffles me that you guys needs to "see if further tweaks are required". The entire mode needs to be looked at, not just the screwed up rewards.

Spoiler

1d0acf7b0e.jpg

Spoiler

741eabb8e3.jpg

Survival now is really fun to do, pretty easy, very good rewards (kuva and endo) i liked old arbitration, i love this one

PD: all these players crying about changes, im sure you are just reading and posting comments

I dont know about you guys, but i bought 30 days resource booster only for vitus, i already rerolled all my rivens i dont know how many i farm but was like 150k kuva, maxed 5 mods prime and not doing boring things like all day sedna arena or survival kuva, i  did disruption, defense, interception and survival

and yes there is a big diference from kuva survival where you are forced to play khora and regular survival where you can play inaros 1 hour with no problem

They are trying things for the endgame, tryharders whatever you want call, arbitration its maded for 1 hour average survival or defense, if you are the classic player who leave at second rotation like hidron you find this pure trash, and actually its GREAT have huge rewards and is 100% worth to do 1 o 2 hours every day arbitration for these MR27 players with 5k hours with nothing to do,

PD2: like i said kuva and endo rewards are really nice, but auras mods and arcanas, are pure trash i not see worth change my energize or grace or guardian in to these arcanas

about auras mods, corrosive projection, shield disruption, growing power and power donation sadly are the only auras for the real end game, so yes new auras are bad really bad

Good changes

2 hours ago, Danielw8 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

1d0acf7b0e.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

741eabb8e3.jpg

Survival now is really fun to do, pretty easy, very good rewards (kuva and endo) i liked old arbitration, i love this one

PD: all these players crying about changes, im sure you are just reading and posting comments

I dont know about you guys, but i bought 30 days resource booster only for vitus, i already rerolled all my rivens i dont know how many i farm but was like 150k kuva, maxed 5 mods prime and not doing boring things like all day sedna arena or survival kuva, i  did disruption, defense, interception and survival

and yes there is a big diference from kuva survival where you are forced to play khora and regular survival where you can play inaros 1 hour with no problem

They are trying things for the endgame, tryharders whatever you want call, arbitration its maded for 1 hour average survival or defense, if you are the classic player who leave at second rotation like hidron you find this pure trash, and actually its GREAT have huge rewards and is 100% worth to do 1 o 2 hours every day arbitration for these MR27 players with 5k hours with nothing to do,

PD2: like i said kuva and endo rewards are really nice, but auras mods and arcanas, are pure trash i not see worth change my energize or grace or guardian in to these arcanas

about auras mods, corrosive projection, shield disruption, growing power and power donation sadly are the only auras for the real end game, so yes new auras are bad really bad

Good changes

You seem not to get it.  By "it" I mean how anybody could disagree.

I am MR27, 1.8 million endo, and everything maxed.  The only reason I have to do arbitrations is the rewards and if they are a fun game mode.

This update has made Eidolons, cheap at the best of times unless you're in a cheese group designed to one-shot, more annoying and prone to one-hit kills on players.  It's made arbitrations reward more often, to the end that after 13 rewards cycles I have 3 that weren't endo (1 arcane, 3 essence, and an aura).  Likewise, by the time you reach round 7 the enemies are just stupidly scaled.  The kind of stupid that people here calling for no resurrections seem to ignore because their favored cheese tactic makes them very difficult to kill, while the squishy support frames get one-shotted.  Effectively the endgame mode is tank or DPS only, with the only exceptions being those who already got 1 in 50 lucky or spent platinum with another user to get adaptation or rolling guard.  

So, DE walks in and fixes the reward scheduling.  It's now at the same frequency as the other modes, but slightly poorer rewards for it.  They've cut down on the chances of endo dropping....which I'll take as honest despite personal experience meaning that I got a 40%*40%*39.5%*29.5%*29.5%*40%*40%*39.5%*39.5%*29.5%*29.5% = 0.4^4*0.395^3*0.295^3 =  0.004% chance or a 1 in 24691 likelihood for getting 10/13 rewards as endo (I'm not including the non-endo rewards, because 3/13 = 23% which mean 77% of the rewards are endo despite the largest single chance being 40% and I've yet to see a single ayatan).

We're angry because they decide a reward that likely takes about 5-10 minutes for a single possible drop is 2%.  So we are on the same page, a 2% drop rate means 50% of players should have the reward after 35 runs.   75% of players will have the drop after 69 reward cycles.  99% of players will have the drop after 228 cycles.  Each hour provides 2 potential rewards from A and B rounds.  Assuming that you can play the game for 3-4 hours a day (read: no outside life), that's a potential of 8 rewards a day.  This means that assuming you play nothing else you could earn a single 2% drop chance reward after 28.5 days of play assuming that you aren't part of that 1% who gets absolutely trashed.

5% isn't a lot better.  99% = 90 rewards cycles, 75% = 28 rewards cycles, and 50% = 14 runs.  If you're going to need 10 of those 5% drops you're looking at multiplying each.  If you go by the 99% drop, or 90 rewards cycles, then to get 10 rewards for 90.5% of the player base will be 900 rounds, 450 hours, or 112.5 days at 4 hours a day dedicated to grinding.  That kind of math is a gigantic insult to players, where instead of creating compelling new content the grind is extended stupidly long.

Endgame<>Grind, which is why people are angry.  They often express this with the simplistic answer of leaving the game in disgust, the less simple answer of providing feedback on forums, the mildly complex inductive logic of "the drop pools are dilluted," or the analytical breakdown of why "well somebody has it so the game is fair because it isn't paid for" is not the same as the game is good because it's fair.

If you'd like to argue, be my guest.  Explain to me the logic of the Lua lense.  You start with, at most, a 15% drop rate (rounded up) for the base lense.  You need 4 of those.  Then you spend 24 hours making a greater lense.  Once the greater lense is complete you need an eidolon lense bp.  That's a 7.14% drop from the highest level bounty final stage only.  Once you've spent another 24 hours crafting you can go to Lua, and grind rotation C only disruptions on a single node for a 10.1% drop, remembering you also need 5 somatic fibers.  Now perform all of this with the base lenses changing every cycle.  Your reward is to go from 1.25%, to 1.75%, to 2.25%, to 3.25%. 

Let me offer you an alternative, that is more efficient than passive gains at 3.25%.  Go into a grineer exterminate with a crit based Naramon build equipped with the basic lenses and a Banshee (solo, for teams an Equinox and heavy hitting melee is the ticket).  Shred enemies and maintain that undetected bonus.  5*1.25% = 6.25% which is almost double the rate of the Lua lense passively earning points.  Grind enough for the greater lense, and that reward goes to 8.75%, a massive boost over that 3.25% requiring hours of grind and days of waiting.  Grinding for "the best" lense actually makes you hate the game, based upon wait times and punishing grind.  Alternatively cheesing the combat system rewards better, faster, and won't require that a 7.14% single drop chance for 10-20 minutes of time on the plains make you frustrated by RNG.

So, the community has suggested fixes.  The implementation of such is lackluster, and uneven.  We've been asking for a way to earn previously quest rewarded frames since Mirage came out.  This year it was finally introduced....behind Cephalon Simaris scans.  Something almost universally hated.  Universal syndicate medallions exist...but cannot be used against conclave to get PvP mode rewards in a PvE looter shooter.  Baro exists to funnel out prime junk, comes every two weeks, but only brings a single new item when each new prime lasts for about 13 weeks (7 Baro cycles) and relies on at least a couple of rare drops which at best appear 10% from relics.  Syndicates provide the ability to grind for standing, daily caps, incentives to explore, and reward choices.  Hint-hint, the same thing Arbitrations could be. 

Despite having syndicates as a blue print and a literal origin, the Arbitrations have only placed a hand-full of rewards into the shop and RNG'd the rest.  Imagine how frustrating it'd be if the dozens of ability mods for each frame were hidden behind a random drop in a single game mode that is time locked, or perhaps just look at the Arcanes dropped by Eidolons and consider if instead of cores they only dropped a single arcane.  Those runs with bronze, silver, and gold drops would feel less like a reward and more like an insult.  Well, that's Arbitration rewards in their current state.  More rewards that aren't rewarding, obfuscating the few things people actually want, make a system annoying rather than better.

Since the reddit community decided to be pack animals over a simple joke that I elaborated on and got bombed for, I'll come here to be harassed as well.

Arcanes are fine in the Arbitration rotations. Quite frankly I get the impression they'd be much more costly to acquire if put into the shop based on typical Vitus drop rates. Even if the cost ended up being just 10 essence per individual arcane for a total of 100 to get a max rank. And I am much happier seeing them in the reward screen over sculptures I can't do anything with for lack of amber stars, nor will have much use for because oh yeah, Arbitrations are meant to be endgame when endo is common place anyway.

I'm actually enjoying things for the first time, but there are still so many on this dumb hangup about the shop. It's far less toxic than what happens with Eidolon arcanes, should they just be stuck in a shop too? Oh wait...

5 hours ago, master_of_destiny said:

You seem not to get it.  By "it" I mean how anybody could disagree.

I am MR27, 1.8 million endo, and everything maxed.  The only reason I have to do arbitrations is the rewards and if they are a fun game mode.

This update has made Eidolons, cheap at the best of times unless you're in a cheese group designed to one-shot, more annoying and prone to one-hit kills on players.  It's made arbitrations reward more often, to the end that after 13 rewards cycles I have 3 that weren't endo (1 arcane, 3 essence, and an aura).  Likewise, by the time you reach round 7 the enemies are just stupidly scaled.  The kind of stupid that people here calling for no resurrections seem to ignore because their favored cheese tactic makes them very difficult to kill, while the squishy support frames get one-shotted.  Effectively the endgame mode is tank or DPS only, with the only exceptions being those who already got 1 in 50 lucky or spent platinum with another user to get adaptation or rolling guard.  

So, DE walks in and fixes the reward scheduling.  It's now at the same frequency as the other modes, but slightly poorer rewards for it.  They've cut down on the chances of endo dropping....which I'll take as honest despite personal experience meaning that I got a 40%*40%*39.5%*29.5%*29.5%*40%*40%*39.5%*39.5%*29.5%*29.5% = 0.4^4*0.395^3*0.295^3 =  0.004% chance or a 1 in 24691 likelihood for getting 10/13 rewards as endo (I'm not including the non-endo rewards, because 3/13 = 23% which mean 77% of the rewards are endo despite the largest single chance being 40% and I've yet to see a single ayatan).

We're angry because they decide a reward that likely takes about 5-10 minutes for a single possible drop is 2%.  So we are on the same page, a 2% drop rate means 50% of players should have the reward after 35 runs.   75% of players will have the drop after 69 reward cycles.  99% of players will have the drop after 228 cycles.  Each hour provides 2 potential rewards from A and B rounds.  Assuming that you can play the game for 3-4 hours a day (read: no outside life), that's a potential of 8 rewards a day.  This means that assuming you play nothing else you could earn a single 2% drop chance reward after 28.5 days of play assuming that you aren't part of that 1% who gets absolutely trashed.

5% isn't a lot better.  99% = 90 rewards cycles, 75% = 28 rewards cycles, and 50% = 14 runs.  If you're going to need 10 of those 5% drops you're looking at multiplying each.  If you go by the 99% drop, or 90 rewards cycles, then to get 10 rewards for 90.5% of the player base will be 900 rounds, 450 hours, or 112.5 days at 4 hours a day dedicated to grinding.  That kind of math is a gigantic insult to players, where instead of creating compelling new content the grind is extended stupidly long.

Endgame<>Grind, which is why people are angry.  They often express this with the simplistic answer of leaving the game in disgust, the less simple answer of providing feedback on forums, the mildly complex inductive logic of "the drop pools are dilluted," or the analytical breakdown of why "well somebody has it so the game is fair because it isn't paid for" is not the same as the game is good because it's fair.

If you'd like to argue, be my guest.  Explain to me the logic of the Lua lense.  You start with, at most, a 15% drop rate (rounded up) for the base lense.  You need 4 of those.  Then you spend 24 hours making a greater lense.  Once the greater lense is complete you need an eidolon lense bp.  That's a 7.14% drop from the highest level bounty final stage only.  Once you've spent another 24 hours crafting you can go to Lua, and grind rotation C only disruptions on a single node for a 10.1% drop, remembering you also need 5 somatic fibers.  Now perform all of this with the base lenses changing every cycle.  Your reward is to go from 1.25%, to 1.75%, to 2.25%, to 3.25%. 

Let me offer you an alternative, that is more efficient than passive gains at 3.25%.  Go into a grineer exterminate with a crit based Naramon build equipped with the basic lenses and a Banshee (solo, for teams an Equinox and heavy hitting melee is the ticket).  Shred enemies and maintain that undetected bonus.  5*1.25% = 6.25% which is almost double the rate of the Lua lense passively earning points.  Grind enough for the greater lense, and that reward goes to 8.75%, a massive boost over that 3.25% requiring hours of grind and days of waiting.  Grinding for "the best" lense actually makes you hate the game, based upon wait times and punishing grind.  Alternatively cheesing the combat system rewards better, faster, and won't require that a 7.14% single drop chance for 10-20 minutes of time on the plains make you frustrated by RNG.

So, the community has suggested fixes.  The implementation of such is lackluster, and uneven.  We've been asking for a way to earn previously quest rewarded frames since Mirage came out.  This year it was finally introduced....behind Cephalon Simaris scans.  Something almost universally hated.  Universal syndicate medallions exist...but cannot be used against conclave to get PvP mode rewards in a PvE looter shooter.  Baro exists to funnel out prime junk, comes every two weeks, but only brings a single new item when each new prime lasts for about 13 weeks (7 Baro cycles) and relies on at least a couple of rare drops which at best appear 10% from relics.  Syndicates provide the ability to grind for standing, daily caps, incentives to explore, and reward choices.  Hint-hint, the same thing Arbitrations could be. 

Despite having syndicates as a blue print and a literal origin, the Arbitrations have only placed a hand-full of rewards into the shop and RNG'd the rest.  Imagine how frustrating it'd be if the dozens of ability mods for each frame were hidden behind a random drop in a single game mode that is time locked, or perhaps just look at the Arcanes dropped by Eidolons and consider if instead of cores they only dropped a single arcane.  Those runs with bronze, silver, and gold drops would feel less like a reward and more like an insult.  Well, that's Arbitration rewards in their current state.  More rewards that aren't rewarding, obfuscating the few things people actually want, make a system annoying rather than better.

I like your long answer with your perspective and i agree with some things

Eidolon arcanas are the best in the game and actually if you go more deep the thing of cetus is like 80% of the game

focus schools , energize, grace, guardian, also good arcanas for weapons/melee, plague zaw, if you see there most of content are just eidolons

Fortuna: Lockdown, lega propa certus amp, 2 arcanas for kitguns

You can compare right there: Cetus vs fortuna

About: Lua lens, disruption missions meh, i dont know how new players feel the new lua lens, but eidolon hunts are the best ways and allways will be the best way to get focus, and actually something pretty sad after you have everything maxed you start to get 50 100 200 million focus there for no reason

I mean being shortly for these players who have 2 million endo (the idea around arbitration was endo, now is like 50% 50%) clearly is not worth or maybe a little but at the end of the say you can sell primed mod maxed, 20 mods maxed means 800k endo, so yes you can clean your endo pretty quick in some weeks you are not a monster of the endo

About kuva: clearly in warframe is end game, kuva is maded for those players with everything maxed and start to build their weapons with max stats im not talking about mr15 doing rivens trading and farming kuva, and after that selling a riven for a dual keres by 3k pl (and actually this changes its a big nerf for them, because clearly an riven for a "weak" "no meta" weapon is not 3k some prices are just stupid)

at the end of the day, if you are an mr27 with 30 primary, 30 secondary, 30 melee, everything with max stats rivens 8 formas each weapons, every single warframe with 5 or 6 formas, clearly is not content for you sadly because  its simple why you are farming endo? kuva? you already have 20 or 30 sets/combos of warframe/weapons to equip with max literally max damage and also 50k+ plats to do whatever you want

But saying again for all these players from mr20? (im 21) almost reaching the peak damage or level of warframe this new arbitration its the vicotry, i can tell you literally farmed 150k kuva maybe more i dont know how many but was worth to get good stats on my main weapons i rerolled 10 rivens in some days, in a month i have every single riven with good stats all thanks this changes

Also i maxed 4 primed mod, sold 2 and still having 50k endo for whatever else (i maxed some maybe useless mods like primed pack leader for pets or strenght for archiwng)

i think the main problem here we are playing warframe in the same way than 3 years ago corrosive projection/shield disruption its allways there, condition overload pretty much the same you can build your best rifle with 10k plats riven, but i will hit 700k per hit super fast with my gram/zaw with a cheap riven, they made a futuristic game where a melee are the best weapon

i allways try read and follow the community but sadly there are allways people saying "why this is so hard, why nrg, please buff these content is hard to get) i dont know i farmed every single warframe i had no problems maybe i for a guy who play 1 hour per day is hard to get every single frame, but i feel warframe its easy on start and they are making the game super easy with no fun because the community , for all these players with 500 hours mr20 rushing mr

hard to explain everyone have their perspective but in general players of warframe are super casual, play a little time every day and they focus on MR

maybe its time for warframe rivens with very low drop chance in very long runs and very hard missions for you, for me in some months, something worth in content to stay 1 hour in a mission, but for now kuva and endo i farmed in this days was nice really nice, and actually i think i farm kuva faster in arbitration than survival kuva and also in the middle i farm endo, and some arcanas, that means pl.

if you want to see, check my profile i started to play in decemeber of 2018, in 70 days i was already with all the content, and i still playing why? dont know i doing all these secondary/useless things for no reason like i said for example max an strenght archwing mod

3 hours ago, Jokie155 said:

Since the reddit community decided to be pack animals over a simple joke that I elaborated on and got bombed for, I'll come here to be harassed as well.

Arcanes are fine in the Arbitration rotations. Quite frankly I get the impression they'd be much more costly to acquire if put into the shop based on typical Vitus drop rates. Even if the cost ended up being just 10 essence per individual arcane for a total of 100 to get a max rank. And I am much happier seeing them in the reward screen over sculptures I can't do anything with for lack of amber stars, nor will have much use for because oh yeah, Arbitrations are meant to be endgame when endo is common place anyway.

I'm actually enjoying things for the first time, but there are still so many on this dumb hangup about the shop. It's far less toxic than what happens with Eidolon arcanes, should they just be stuck in a shop too? Oh wait...

Except arbitration was made to gain Endo. Period. It will never change. People are mad for a good reason. DE #*!%ed us with loot table. They are polluting the loot table with stuff that people doing arbitration DON'T want.

Also the classic idiot argument : "it's end game so of course Endo isn't needed at all" BS... No. Endo is still needed. Despite being able to kill everything in this game, I still need a lot, lot of Endo. And Arbis were my place for this.

People are right to be mad. Especially when they see someone making a statement that obviously doesn't look at the whole picture...

On 2019-09-18 at 9:13 PM, [DE]Danielle said:

Arbiter Drones will now have a small chance to drop Vitus Essence on kill.

Concerning Vitus Essence drops from Arbi Drones:

- is the amount of Vitus Essence affected by drop chance and/or resource boosters?

- is the amount affected by Smeeta's Charm buff?

- as Nekros', Khora's and Hydroid's (and Atlas') pilfering effects are warframe ability-based and Arbi Drones are immune to abilities, they do not affect Vitus Essence drops?

- is the actual drop chance anywhere to be found?

Thanks for the change btw, HUGE improvement to Arbitrations!

1 hour ago, Graavarg said:

Concerning Vitus Essence drops from Arbi Drones:

- is the amount of Vitus Essence affected by drop chance and/or resource boosters?

- is the amount affected by Smeeta's Charm buff?

- as Nekros', Khora's and Hydroid's (and Atlas') pilfering effects are warframe ability-based and Arbi Drones are immune to abilities, they do not affect Vitus Essence drops?

- is the actual drop chance anywhere to be found?

Thanks for the change btw, HUGE improvement to Arbitrations!

1. Yes it is affected by resource boosters, and I think its also affected by drop chance boosters
2. Yes
3. I don't think they work on drones
4. it should be here: https://n8k6e2y6.ssl.hwcdn.net/repos/hnfvc0o3jnfvc873njb03enrf56.html
but it's not...

Archived