Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arcane Helmet Disadvantages

mudbouggin

Why must we be at a disadvantage when equipped with an arcane helmet? I think that arcane helmets should not take up an arcane slot. They should be a bonus for those who have collected, and spent hours grinding for them back in the day. This is something I think about every time that I put my Loki on to go and do a spy/rescue mission. I would have to think that I'm not the only one who feels the same about this. Let me know what you guys think! Also, I would love to hear from the DEs if they read this!

Edited by mudbouggin

Just now, mudbouggin said:

Why must we be at a disadvantage when equipped with an arcane helmet?

Because they provide an advantage, and they can no longer be gained in the game making the quantity of them fixed (and even shrinking slightly with the people that sell them/turn them into normal helmets).

I think that arcane helmets should not take up an arcane slot. They should be a bonus for those who have collected, and spent many hours grinding for them back in the day.

I think that they should as they can provide a decent boost to the frames that have them.
I mean for even the weaker one they are in some cases roughly equivalent to a drift mod.  So their bonuses aren't that small.

Further, bonuses like that shouldn't completely outclass the things that people can get in the game currently.  If its something that is going to remain impossible to get for the vast majority of the playerbase (which DE has stated will be the case many, many times) then it should have something to balance it out instead of essentially being a free mod with negligible downsides.

2 minutes ago, mudbouggin said:

Let me know what you guys think!

I think that DE should stay the course on their plan for handling arcane helmets: Leave them alone so that people who spent time (and plat) getting them back in the day can keep them, and that's it.

There is absolutely zero need to make them stronger to benefit the tiny minority of people that have them.  They are fine where they are and should just stay that way.

And mind you, this is coming from someone who has all of the arcane helmets.

• Like 1

Okay fair, what if instead they made it so those bonuses could be carried over to other helmets. In some cases, I only use the Arcane Helms because of the bonus but would rather have another aesthetically pleasing helms.  You should be concerned about fashion frame!

The reason you need to have a penatly is because they are equal to or better than many arcanes available, so it is natural they take up an arcane slot when equipped.

edit: Just look at it this way, you have a unique type of arcane available to you.

Edited by SneakyErvin

1 hour ago, Numerikuu said:

Honestly I wish they were treated as their own arcanes but bound to those Warframes... There's so many skins I'd like to wear/purchase, but because I use arcane helmets I forgo them since they don't look right with deluxe skins at all...

When we got Arcane slots someone asked Pablo and he explained DE had no intention of changing the Arcane helmets.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Voltage said:

When we got Arcane slots someone asked Pablo and he explained DE had no intention of changing the Arcane helmets.

I remember. One can dream though 😪 it's pretty much a minor/QoL thing, but I'd rather they keep doing what they're doing while slowly updating the older parts of the game along the way etc.

Edited by Numerikuu

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

The reason you need to have a penatly is because they are equal to or better than many arcanes available, so it is natural they take up an arcane slot when equipped.

edit: Just look at it this way, you have a unique type of arcane available to you.

I wouldn't say "equal or better" they have nice bonuses, but no where close to where Arcane Energize and Arcane Grace are at.  Also about half of the Arcane Helms have an added parkour attribute with a negative to warframe stats(health, shields, energy, etc), and therefore shouldn't be compared at all.

This is very vague, can you go into more detail.

Sure. You're asking to equip Arcane helmets with no penalty. So essentially you're asking to be able to equip another arcane on top. Which will make your loadout more powerful be it through better duration, dmg, etc 

1 minute ago, Zilchy said:

Sure. You're asking to equip Arcane helmets with no penalty. So essentially you're asking to be able to equip another arcane on top. Which will make your loadout more powerful be it through better duration, dmg, etc 

All arcane helms have a negative stat, do you not think that is penalty enough?

3 minutes ago, mudbouggin said:

Out of the 27 arcane helms for the 14 warframes they fit on, which are you referring?

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Arcane_Helmet

Quite a few of them, I'm not gonna sit here and point out each and every one cos it's really not rocket science. For example, I wasnt aware losing 5% of your shields in exchange for 15% pwr str on Frost is seen as a "negative".. By that logic you'd better not use any corrupt mods on your warframes anymore, clearly they're putting you at a disadvantage.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

Quite a few of them, I'm not gonna sit here and point out each and every one cos it's really not rocket science. For example, I wasnt aware losing 5% of your shields in exchange for 15% pwr str on Frost is seen as a "negative".. By that logic you'd better not use any corrupt mods on your warframes anymore, clearly they're putting you at a disadvantage.

Snow Globe's health uses the following expression when accounting for Ability Strength:
Modified Health = (Base Health + Armor Multiplier × (Frost's Base Armor × Base Armor Bonus + Additional Armor)) × (1 + Ability Strength) + Absorbed Damage

Copied from the fandom page

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Frost#Abilities

Lets see the OP basically wants the arcanes helmets AND 2 arcane slots....  yeah that's totally unbiased powercreep for those with the helmets seeing as you can't get them anymore.

The entire reason that these helmets take up an arcane slot is to keep everyone 'equal' with 2 arcanes.  It really isn't rocket science why they take up a slot. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, mudbouggin said:

I wouldn't say "equal or better" they have nice bonuses, but no where close to where Arcane Energize and Arcane Grace are at.  Also about half of the Arcane Helms have an added parkour attribute with a negative to warframe stats(health, shields, energy, etc), and therefore shouldn't be compared at all.

Not all arcanes are energize and grace though, so they very much clock in at being equal to or better than several. If you dont want the bonus, dont use the helmet, simple as that. Just as I dont use my parkour arcanes in either of my arcane slots. I would however trade one of those arcane slots for some of the arcane helmets without a doubt. I would use Frost's helmet in a heartbeat if I had it since it would max out his avalanche armor strip in my build without needing GP, which would open up a slot for Steel Charge instead.

edit: I would also use Mag's any day of the week since a free 25% extra range is better than most things you can get on arcanes for her.

Edited by SneakyErvin

1 minute ago, mudbouggin said:

Snow Globe's health uses the following expression when accounting for Ability Strength:
Modified Health = (Base Health + Armor Multiplier × (Frost's Base Armor × Base Armor Bonus + Additional Armor)) × (1 + Ability Strength) + Absorbed Damage

Copied from the fandom page

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Frost#Abilities

What relevance does that have? You basically just proved my point. I also don't need wiki to tell me how Frost works thanks.